Yves Rocher Bronze Nature

Great self tanner!

3.5

on 5/14/2007 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My skin has a natural ligth olive complexion (latino) that tans dark in the sun. These products are good in obtaining the correct bronze color and not the orangey type. My goal for now in using a self tanner to hold on to a fading "real sun" tan. I have reviews for two separate products from this line:

1. "Sunkissed Face Sunless Tanning lotion" (Teint ensoleillé) Rating=3, which can also be used on the body. This is a gel sort of cream (non-colored) that applies smoothly, but WATCHOUT for giving it plenty of time to dry (like 3-4 hours) without having clothes or anything else rub up against your skin. After I applied this lotion to my whole body, it left a rather sticky feeling. I usually apply self-tanner before going to sleep. In this case that was a BAD idea as I woke up with streaking around my face where I had pillow lines (now fake tanned in) and on my body. Otherwise the product had an excellent end color and the smell was on the more tolerable side (compared to other self-tanners where the soy sauce smell would reek for days). I would use it again, but next time ONLY on my face and hours before bedtime (or any other activity like sports that might cause streaking).

2. "3 in 1 Shimmering Sunless Tanning Lotion" (3 en 1 Effet Lumière) Rating=4, since there was a big sale at Yves Rocher I also bought this one to try it out. The saleslady was kind enough to caution me that this lotion has a big shimmer effect (golden sparkles) since for some people it's too luminous. This golden colored cream worked perfectly with my faded tan to instantly bring out the color. This lotion was a lot quicker to dry (I would say completely dry in 1 hour) than the face gel/lotion and easier to see gunky or missed spots due to sparkly color. I did not use this shimmering lotion on my face though, but instead used the previous Sunkissed Face one and this time applying it with plenty of time before going to sleep (3 hours) so it dried properly. I woke up this morning with excellent results, and I had a nice color after I showered all the sparklies away.

The only reason I gave Bronze Nature 4 out of 5 is because I am still looking for a miracle self-tan cream that: leaves a deep natural color tan after just 1 application, applies and blends smoothly, completely dries quickly (in less than 30 minutes), leaves no streaking, and does not have that overpowering everlasting soy sauce smell. Bronze Nature gave me very good results with an affordable price tag.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used many self tanners and this is my current favourite ( I had been using xen tan which is lovely but too pricey for me every month!)! Bronze nature is quite cheap and a little goes a long way and it smells gorgeous! I use the light one for pale skins and I get a very natural tan every time. It is shimmery when you put it on which would be lovely if you used it on a night out but it is not so glittery that you get it all over your bed sheets if you put it on before bed! It is quite moisturising too and I would definitely buy this again! Edit - Although this is perfect for winter when I want to take the edge off my whiteness but not look stupid - in summer I prefer a darker tan so use a different one.

on 4/15/2008 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This indeed give me a beautiful tan but it's unbelieveably streaky especially on the legs

on 4/25/2008 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the spray tanner, and I love it! It dries quickly, gives me a natural looking tan (but I do not use it on my face), and although its scent is strong, I am able to tolerate it for three hours until I can shower. It does have a typical self tanner scent if not washed off after three hours, but everything I have tried does.