Yves Rocher Bronze Nature

Yves Rocher Bronze Nature
Great self tanner!

4.3

on 3/30/2011 4:08:00 PM

I use the face lotion version of this product and I love it! I've tried so many other self-tanners and this one is by far my favourite. It does not have the typical nasty self-tanner smell; in fact, I can't smell it at all after about a minute. It works fast! My face had a beautiful tan after only 2 applications. Not orangey and with a subtle shimmer, which I really like. It is not sticky and is absorbed quickly. It isn't super moisturizing, so I apply my regular moisturizer afterwards. I use this once or twice a week depending on the season to keep my face glowing :)

Best of all this lotion is affordably priced. It's often on sale for about 8-9$ so I never end up paying full price (which is about 18$ I believe). I live out west now, where there are no Yves Rocher stores. I stock up when I visit home or ask my family to ship it to me because it's the only self-tanner I will ever use!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product very much. I was attrackted to the Yves Rocher store because they give a 50% discount on most of their products because they celebrate some kind of anniversary. I decided to give this product a try because I liked the scent and the price. I bought the 75ml version with the golden cap.
It gives me a natural tan. I'm a NW25 and normally selftanners turn orange on me. This one doesn't. For a very tanned look, you need two or three applications. My skin absorbs the product pretty quickly. The only downside is that it makes the skin on my face a bit dry. Fifteen minutes after apllying this product I apply my normal moisturizer which solves the problem. After a few days I noticed that the product has a little shimmer, but it doesn't show on your skin.
I would definitely repurchase this product, I would only suggest they would make a 100ml or 150ml packaging. Now, I only use it for my face and legs but if you want to use it for your whole body, you run out quickly.

on 3/22/2009 2:27:00 AM

I adore this product! I don't expect to look like I've been sunbathing in the Caribbean or spending hours in a tanning booth, I just want my legs to be a shade or two darker. Works great, doesn't make you appear orange. Like other self tanners, be careful how you apply it however, because you can end up with streaks on your feet or wrists, or dark orange/brown stains between my fingers (I thought I had barbeque sauce stuck in there till I realized I had forgotten to wash my hands after applying!!!)

The only cons are that the glitter is a bit off-putting, and it kind of smells like dirt, but it's the best self-tanner I've found and I'm willing to put up with the minor cons.

on 1/20/2009 5:11:00 PM

I have the spray version of this and WOW. I used to use the Neostrata Self Tan in Deep Dark and that was without a doubt the best self tanner in the world for me. But the deep dark color was discontinued and replaced with 'amber' which I have been too scared to try.
So I tried this spray one and wow! Not as good as Neostrata, but the color is gorgeous bronze and not orange at all on my olive skin. It smells like self tanner but not as bad as most. And best of all, it dries quick and doesnt rub off onto clothes.
It also lasts for a long time!!!!

on 6/4/2008 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought the spray version of this, and LOVE it. In fact I compared 4 self tanners (St-Yves progressive tanner, nivea progressive tanner, Marcelle and Yves Rocher) on my stomach and Yves Rocher's was the best. The colour you get is a rich bronze brown that is not orange at all. This self tanner dries quickly, allowing you to dress without having to wait half your day. Also it last pretty long and when you catch it on sale (YR always has 40-50% sales) it is such a bargain!

on 4/15/2008 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This indeed give me a beautiful tan but it's unbelieveably streaky especially on the legs

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used many self tanners and this is my current favourite ( I had been using xen tan which is lovely but too pricey for me every month!)! Bronze nature is quite cheap and a little goes a long way and it smells gorgeous! I use the light one for pale skins and I get a very natural tan every time. It is shimmery when you put it on which would be lovely if you used it on a night out but it is not so glittery that you get it all over your bed sheets if you put it on before bed! It is quite moisturising too and I would definitely buy this again! Edit - Although this is perfect for winter when I want to take the edge off my whiteness but not look stupid - in summer I prefer a darker tan so use a different one.

on 6/21/2007 8:50:00 AM

I tried the face and leg ones after reading the reviews here and absoultely love them! The color is natural looking and I had no streaks or anything. This is the 1st self tanner I've used that didn't come out bad on my legs, and I've used a lot (but not the ridiculously expensive ones). The only thing I could have done w/o was the smell, which wasn't so much bad as it was strong. But it was something I could defintely deal w/to have such a great outcome and I didn't notice the smell after about 10 minutes, and my husband didn't say anything about it either. The tubes are a little small for what I'm used to, so I just ordered a few more b/c I really don't want to run out.
I have extremely white, almost see-through, freckled skin, and it just came out great on it. I exfoliated my entire body and face in the shower, also shaving my legs. I dried off completely, put some regular body lotion on my feet and ankles, knees, elbows, hands and wrists and then applied the tanner all over. I did this at night and showered in the morning after a sweaty workout and it looked so natural.
Hope my review helps!

on 3/16/2007 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am reviewing two products:

face bronzer: LOVE this. i had been using the Jergen's stuff and while that was pretty good, it just smelled really badly and left a very slight bit of an orange tone. but the Yves Rocher is more brown than orange. it's stronger than the Jergen's but still looks completely natural. i have a tendency to get VERY tan in the warmer seasons so this was perfect for me.

also, on my friend's behalf...she asked me to write a review for her. she tried this too. she is normally pale beyond reason but this looked AWESOME on her! seriously, she looked like she had this really healthy glow and had returned from a tropical weekend vacation. she is a huge fan :)

as for the spray bronzer, that same pale friend used it too. she liked it a lot too. (i haven't tried it yet) but just be sure to wash your hands. she waited a little too long and one of her hands was a wee bit darker than what it normally is. but for either bronzer, it's easy to correct if you accidentally have a streak so no need to cry over spilled milk. but overall, we both LOVE the products!

on 7/6/2006 5:33:00 AM

I bought the YS Bronze Nature selftanner gel for face for a dirt cheap price so I really didn't expect too much from this. It just sat in my drawer for a while but some evening ago I decided to give it a try. The first thing I noticed was the scent, a really nice monoi de tahiti fragrance that is very nice. The gel itself is claer, which is a minus, since I couldn't see where I had applied it. I used a cotton pad to put this on my face and neck, it sunk into my skin really quickly and didn't leave a film on my skin. When I woke up the next morning I found that I had a nice, even tan that didn't look orangey or unnatural. Needless to say, I'm really really impressed with this product. I've actually never found a selftanner that works for my extremely pale skin before. Nice!