MAC Frost Lipstick in O

MAC Frost Lipstick in O
Frost Lipstick in O

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've had this lipstick for about a year after I first read the reviews on here, but was too lazy to write a review myself. I have to preface this by saying that frosts are my number one lipstick weakness. I've got major shimmer-philia (and I don't feel bad about it). I bought "O" while out with my friends (I'm glad I had them to pal around with, because, in typical MAC fashion, it took centuries for someone to come help me get what I needed), and as I was checking out, the lady said that this was one of her all-time favorite shades; how it was just so unique and how it looked different on everybody. Of course, I already knew it's tendency to pull different shades on different skin tones, but I just couldn't stop thinking about how much I wanted it. It was a risk I was willing to take. Well, on my pale, cool toned skin, it pulls a deep purple-bronze with a tinge of red. It is the coolest damn thing I've ever seen, especially since it just looks bronze in the tube. I've also noticed that the lighting I'm in affects the color. It's like this duo/trichromatic dream, with the added bonus of a frost finish. I love this lipstick with all my heart, and it's a permanent favorite in my fall/winter rotation. I knocked off one lipstick because it only lasts like an hour and a half, but I love reapplying this gorgeous color throughout the day, so it's not much of a problem for me. I recommend trying it on at MAC and going to a few other stores in your mall with different lighting (with a compact mirror so you can check out what different lighting does to the color). If you like what you see, go back and buy this magical little lipstick. You won't be disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Omg!!! For years I always passed this shade up because it didn't look "pretty". What a fool I was! This is one complex shade. One moment it looks plummy brown, the next a golden nude with a metallic sheen....it looks ugly as hell when looking at but once it's on the lips....straight up gorgeous!!! For a frost it's highly pigmented and it doesn't feel drying on the lips at all (amazing considering other frost shades from MAC usually brutalize my lips). I look forward to pairing this up with my bronzy summer looks.

on 9/2/2015 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

O, what a fantastic lipstick! I've worn this for years. It's a definite HG! Find many MAC lipsticks drying, but this one moisturizes and lasts as a frost. It looks different on every person's lips. I'm pale to neutral with dark hair and eyes and find this color pops no matter what color clothing I wear. Looks great alone or layered with another (discontinued) HG, Delux Norris l/g, over it. Also beautiful with a pale pink shimmery gloss on top. I don't wear liner with it. Makes teeth look whiter, too :) On my lips, it's a plum-berry-slightly shimmery tone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is truly a chameleon! It looks like a brindle dog dark brown snakeskin flecked in yellow in the tube but morphed to a champagne bronze beauty w warm flecks of ginger & beige. It's just the most amazing thing. It shifts red too & in the right light plummy purple low lighting. This is Plastique's older sophisticated sister. Plastique (paler more champagne) is the most similar product I have seen to it so if you like 1 u will like the other most likely. Both are extremely frosty also & im at a loss what lipliner to use with O but Oak seems the best w O/Plastique. O is the strangest cosmetics product I've ever seen. It's a phenomenon. It smells like the trademark vanilla scent flavor but it's unlike any lipstick, they should've made this shade into the original Viva Glam! Woulda sold a helluva lot of lipsticks!! A very special color indeed. An unsung MAC hero I've been wearing since 1996. 1 of my 1st MAC products indeed!! An oldie but a goodie 1 of my faves. #winning !!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

"O" was my first true MAC love, about twenty years ago. And it still maintains it's standing. It's a magical chameleon, a hard-to-beat nude on my highly pigmented full lips. Line it with Vino or Chestnut and let it werk! Women sidle up to me to inquire what it is.
No idea what the O signifies but for me it's purely Orgasmic. A ballsy, brazen bronzed purplish color that glistens and glows. Women of color run to your nearest MAC counter for this indescribably naughty lip color!!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

It makes my lips look and feel great! I have very dark hair so i only wear this colour in the evening as it can look a bit too much, but it last hours and has a lovely glittery shine to it, definitely one of my faves!

on 5/15/2013 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This pulls a strange purpley, murky brown on me. The finish isn't forgivng either, the sheen adds to the unflattery. I haven't given up hope, though. I am determined to make this shade work!

on 5/6/2013 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

The makeup artist recommended this as a neutral for me, and I bought it without actually trying it on. I didn't want to get the used tester on my kisser. UGH. This looks awful on me. I'm an NC42/44 and it just looks muddy and gross on my complexion. I can't bring myself to toss it because it's barely used and still smells like vanilla. Maybe I'll melt it down and mix it with something else.

Bronze gold red lipstick, i really love it but sadly enough I already had a dupe for this, also by MAC, limited edition Back to the beach collection: cremesheen in "Funbathing". This is exactly the same colour. I swatched both on my hands and came to that conclusion, so I waisted 18,5 on "O", still I really enjoy this. Very glamorous and sophisticated with a special twist: the golden shimmers. Looks great with a lipliner like Half Red.

on 9/27/2014 5:23:00 PM

Color looks good in the tube but it was not flattering at all on me once I applied it. Maybe I should have used a lip brush and done a little at a time. But I went straight from the tube to the lip and it is highly pigmented! Another girl was saying this is her signature shade at the store. But it was wayyy too much for me. It's like a bronze gold brown with purple bits. It may look better on some but for me it did not look good. I am a light-medium shade.