MAC Frost Lipstick in O

MAC Frost Lipstick in O
Frost Lipstick in O

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is truly a chameleon! It looks like a brindle dog dark brown snakeskin flecked in yellow in the tube but morphed to a champagne bronze beauty w warm flecks of ginger & beige. It's just the most amazing thing. It shifts red too & in the right light plummy purple low lighting. This is Plastique's older sophisticated sister. Plastique (paler more champagne) is the most similar product I have seen to it so if you like 1 u will like the other most likely. Both are extremely frosty also & im at a loss what lipliner to use with O but Oak seems the best w O/Plastique. O is the strangest cosmetics product I've ever seen. It's a phenomenon. It smells like the trademark vanilla scent flavor but it's unlike any lipstick, they should've made this shade into the original Viva Glam! Woulda sold a helluva lot of lipsticks!! A very special color indeed. An unsung MAC hero I've been wearing since 1996. 1 of my 1st MAC products indeed!! An oldie but a goodie 1 of my faves. #winning !!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

"O" was my first true MAC love, about twenty years ago. And it still maintains it's standing. It's a magical chameleon, a hard-to-beat nude on my highly pigmented full lips. Line it with Vino or Chestnut and let it werk! Women sidle up to me to inquire what it is.
No idea what the O signifies but for me it's purely Orgasmic. A ballsy, brazen bronzed purplish color that glistens and glows. Women of color run to your nearest MAC counter for this indescribably naughty lip color!!!!

To Read all 391 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/2/2015 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

O, what a fantastic lipstick! I've worn this for years. It's a definite HG! Find many MAC lipsticks drying, but this one moisturizes and lasts as a frost. It looks different on every person's lips. I'm pale to neutral with dark hair and eyes and find this color pops no matter what color clothing I wear. Looks great alone or layered with another (discontinued) HG, Delux Norris l/g, over it. Also beautiful with a pale pink shimmery gloss on top. I don't wear liner with it. Makes teeth look whiter, too :) On my lips, it's a plum-berry-slightly shimmery tone.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

It makes my lips look and feel great! I have very dark hair so i only wear this colour in the evening as it can look a bit too much, but it last hours and has a lovely glittery shine to it, definitely one of my faves!

on 9/27/2014 5:23:00 PM

Color looks good in the tube but it was not flattering at all on me once I applied it. Maybe I should have used a lip brush and done a little at a time. But I went straight from the tube to the lip and it is highly pigmented! Another girl was saying this is her signature shade at the store. But it was wayyy too much for me. It's like a bronze gold brown with purple bits. It may look better on some but for me it did not look good. I am a light-medium shade.

on 5/15/2013 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This pulls a strange purpley, murky brown on me. The finish isn't forgivng either, the sheen adds to the unflattery. I haven't given up hope, though. I am determined to make this shade work!

on 5/6/2013 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

The makeup artist recommended this as a neutral for me, and I bought it without actually trying it on. I didn't want to get the used tester on my kisser. UGH. This looks awful on me. I'm an NC42/44 and it just looks muddy and gross on my complexion. I can't bring myself to toss it because it's barely used and still smells like vanilla. Maybe I'll melt it down and mix it with something else.

Bronze gold red lipstick, i really love it but sadly enough I already had a dupe for this, also by MAC, limited edition Back to the beach collection: cremesheen in "Funbathing". This is exactly the same colour. I swatched both on my hands and came to that conclusion, so I waisted 18,5 on "O", still I really enjoy this. Very glamorous and sophisticated with a special twist: the golden shimmers. Looks great with a lipliner like Half Red.

on 1/4/2013 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I wanted to love this, I really did! It was my very first MAC lipstick, and I purchased it after reading all the reviews. I'm a woman of colour and I thought it would particularly suit my skin-tone. I saw that the lipstick in the tube looked "strange" in the store, but wasn't deterred.

It applies really frosty - too much, and the frost is a "cool" not a golden one, which doesn't suit my skin tone. The berry undertones are barely visible - though pretty obvious on the make-up wipe when you remove it weirdly enough!! The lipstick itself is dry dry dry, and while it does have pretty decent staying power, only putting a clear balm or gloss over it makes it feel tolerable. It feels like a straight up lip pencil.

The pictures look gorgeous, so maybe this is a lipstick that looks different on everybody.
BOTTOM LINE: see if you can try on a sample before you purchase this, because it isn't for everyone. It certainly wasn't for me!

on 11/10/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Beautiful color. I'm NC25, so this shows up as a little dark on me. It's very flattering, however, but more of a dressy evening look.