4.5

price range

Reviews

from

2 years ago

This is high-quality blush. I bought two colors, Barely Rose (a light, cool pink) and Dubonnet (a neutral rose that is darker than Barely Rose). Both colors go on as well as I could hope and last all day. Very good formulation. I tended to use the Barely Rose color most of the time and found Dubonnet to be a bit too dark for my light complexion. The only gripe I have is I've found blushers that are just as good for a lot less money. I therefore won't purchase this one again for that reason.

About reviewer (393 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I have one particular blush from J.I. that is one of my favourite blushes of all time from any brand! It is in the shade "Tawny". 9 times out of 10 this is the blush I reach for. I have a medium skin tone with (in between) neutral/pink undertones. It adds the most beautiful hue to my cheeks, lasts all day and blends beautifully. J.I. has the bonus of having "clean" and toxic free ingredients. I would definitely replace this blush when I run out! The size makes it perfect for travel as well.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I have used JI blushes for years. They are high quality, excellent pigmentation and ingredients, long-wearing and come in beautiful colours. As it is winter, I wanted something a little more natural and flattering for my skin and the season. I love plum colours which are best for my colouring. Ended up buying the DUBONNET - the closest colour I found to a true plum. Pinky/plumy/brown colouring. Very complimentary, I instantly fell in love. Perfect for me. Long lasting. I use a TINY bit, with a light hand , to just dust the apples of my cheeks as a touch of colour. Natural highlight. No breakouts. Non-drying. It is pricey, but worth it. Happy. Recommended.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I am loving this blush! I am a huge Chanel blush fan, and as far as more natural choices go, this definitely rivals Chanel for me. It does come in a rather tiny little compact, but these are SO pigmented, you use very little. I really think it's well worth the price. I have been using the color "In Love" daily for several months now and it looks like new. And the small size is great for travel or to throw in your purse (although this lasts all day on me so I never need to take it with me). The "In Love" color is great on me, pink with just enough warmth. It looks sparkly in the pan but it's just a glow on your face. I use a dual fiber brush to apply since it's so pigmented. One touch of the brush to the pan is more than enough on my fair skin. I also have the color "Cheekie" which is a matte, cooler-toned, lavender pink. I like it too, but I like "In Love" better. I am back to buying only more natural, cruelty free products and I will definitely keep using these!

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3.0

4 years ago

I purchased this blush in Awake two years ago and I just ran out using on a daily basis. Although I agree with the 4 - 5 lippie reviews as being a quality blush, there are other blushes on the market that are comparable for less $$$. I'm surprised at the 4 rating for packaging as the the blush is housed in a cheap plastic compact without a mirror or brush. The lid came off two months after I purchased but I was able to snap it back on. Also, this blush was not compatible with the Dior compact powder foundation I wear. Depending on my skin, some days it appeared flat and blotchy. A "no-go" for me!

About reviewer (144 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairSilver, Other, Medium

EyesHazel

from

4 years ago

Great cruelty-free brand. I have this in Awake - a lovely soft pink/peach colour, with no plans to change. Goes on very lightly and blends beautifully with fair skin.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

5 years ago

For reference: light to medium skin tone, neutral to warm , combination, normal to dry cheeks, slightly oily t zone, sensitive, broken capillaries on cheeks. Approximately nc/nw25 This product is very pigmented, so a light hand or knocking off access from your brush is a must. I bought the color sheer honey. It's bronze-brick color although it didn't look red on me. I was a little worried at first when the esthetician at the salon showed me. I already use a bronzer and figured why do I need this. However it added a flush of warm color to my cheeks without looking muddy. Certain pink blushes accentuate my broken capillaries if they are showing through. So a color like this is perfect. I would repurchase.

About reviewer (186 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

5 years ago

I used Barely Rose, and I can say it is the best blush I have ever used, topping Naked Flushed and Nars. The pigmentation is perfect harmony of color and smallest breath of sparkle, and gives the best natural blushing look ever. It's the one product in my makeup drawer I positively couldn't replace with any other.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

5 years ago

I have this in the shade Copper Wind. Love it A LOT!!! It is a natural, light peachy--copper colour. Very subtle and clean. I like the formulation too - fine and blendable. Very, very wearable. There is really so much to like about this product, except: a) There is too little product. I ordered this online, and when I received it I thought I was sent a sample size by mistake. That is the actual size though, as I would find out. It's so small, the diameter is like the size of a 2 euro coin! Good product but feels like a rip-off. b) The packaging is not the best to work with. Because it is too small as it is, product on the brush tend to 'overspill' (my brush just about fits the diameter of this blush). It also has no mirror, like some other high-end blushes do, which could be handy for travelling. Lastly, the plastic cover looks so cheap. I otherwise would not mind these details, but for the price, I think they could really have done better. Will I buy again? Maybe not, if I find a similar shade on a different brand. (But yes, if they adjust the size/packaging). I really like this shade, and I like it even more than the Dior Rosy Glow I have given 5 lippies for. I just think it is let down on some aspects as explained above.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

This has been my ONLY blush for a few years. I use the color "Cheekie," which is a lovely cool pink that looks very natural. (FYI the website lists Cheekie as "warm" which it is not. It could, however, probably be worn on many skin types). Just looked at the selection again recently at the local beauty store and virtually all the Jane Iredale blush colors looked super natural and versatile. I ended up recently buying "Dubonnet" (a tawny pink) to try out as sort of a bronzer -- most bronzers look too orange on my pale cool-toned skin. I LOVE the small clam-shell case -- so easy to use and pack for travel! The color is very pigmented so a little goes a long way. One container lasts me many months with daily use. I'm of the opinion that there is really only one "best" blush color for your skin, so I don't understand all those "blush palettes" out there. Better to spend money on the perfect one you'll use, rather than four or five you won't. You will very likely your best natural color in this line. It is expensive, but well worth it. PROS: natural-looking colors; highly pigmented; easy flawless application; adorable small handy case for travel. CONS: Price (around $27); availability (only at certain beauty stores and online). Will definitely continue to use this product.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool