Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Blush

Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Blush

4.5

Not tested on animals

(((RATED 2 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: Mica (CI 77019); Boron Nitride; Dimethicone; Pinus Strobus (Pine) Bark Extract; Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891); Iron Oxides(CI 77489; CI 77491; CI 77492; CI 77499); Carmine (CI 75470); Manganese Violet (CI 77742); Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 7/11/2016 5:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love cool toned pink blushes, and for some reason, I find them harder to come by. I have this in "Cheekie", which is a great medium cool toned plummy pink. I would say it's matte, I see no shimmer or unwanted sparkles, which also helps it look more natural. Applies smoothly, and lasts all day! Expensive, but I purchased a few JI cosmetics when I worked at a Dermatology office, and got a 40% discount. Will repurchase at full price when I run out (if I can afford to)!

on 5/21/2016 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am loving this blush! I am a huge Chanel blush fan, and as far as more natural choices go, this definitely rivals Chanel for me. It does come in a rather tiny little compact, but these are SO pigmented, you use very little. I really think it's well worth the price. I have been using the color "In Love" daily for several months now and it looks like new. And the small size is great for travel or to throw in your purse (although this lasts all day on me so I never need to take it with me). The "In Love" color is great on me, pink with just enough warmth. It looks sparkly in the pan but it's just a glow on your face. I use a dual fiber brush to apply since it's so pigmented. One touch of the brush to the pan is more than enough on my fair skin. I also have the color "Cheekie" which is a matte, cooler-toned, lavender pink. I like it too, but I like "In Love" better. I am back to buying only more natural, cruelty free products and I will definitely keep using these!

To Read all 85 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/13/2016 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I purchased this blush in Awake two years ago and I just ran out using on a daily basis. Although I agree with the 4 - 5 lippie reviews as being a quality blush, there are other blushes on the market that are comparable for less $$$. I'm surprised at the 4 rating for packaging as the the blush is housed in a cheap plastic compact without a mirror or brush. The lid came off two months after I purchased but I was able to snap it back on. Also, this blush was not compatible with the Dior compact powder foundation I wear. Depending on my skin, some days it appeared flat and blotchy. A "no-go" for me!

on 11/23/2015 3:20:00 AM

Great cruelty-free brand. I have this in Awake - a lovely soft pink/peach colour, with no plans to change. Goes on very lightly and blends beautifully with fair skin.

on 9/25/2015 11:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference: light to medium skin tone, neutral to warm , combination, normal to dry cheeks, slightly oily t zone, sensitive, broken capillaries on cheeks. Approximately nc/nw25

This product is very pigmented, so a light hand or knocking off access from your brush is a must. I bought the color sheer honey. It's bronze-brick color although it didn't look red on me. I was a little worried at first when the esthetician at the salon showed me. I already use a bronzer and figured why do I need this. However it added a flush of warm color to my cheeks without looking muddy.

Certain pink blushes accentuate my broken capillaries if they are showing through. So a color like this is perfect.

I would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used Barely Rose, and I can say it is the best blush I have ever used, topping Naked Flushed and Nars. The pigmentation is perfect harmony of color and smallest breath of sparkle, and gives the best natural blushing look ever. It's the one product in my makeup drawer I positively couldn't replace with any other.

on 3/6/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have this in the shade Copper Wind. Love it A LOT!!! It is a natural, light peachy--copper colour. Very subtle and clean. I like the formulation too - fine and blendable. Very, very wearable. There is really so much to like about this product, except:
a) There is too little product. I ordered this online, and when I received it I thought I was sent a sample size by mistake. That is the actual size though, as I would find out. It's so small, the diameter is like the size of a 2 euro coin! Good product but feels like a rip-off.
b) The packaging is not the best to work with. Because it is too small as it is, product on the brush tend to 'overspill' (my brush just about fits the diameter of this blush). It also has no mirror, like some other high-end blushes do, which could be handy for travelling. Lastly, the plastic cover looks so cheap. I otherwise would not mind these details, but for the price, I think they could really have done better.

Will I buy again? Maybe not, if I find a similar shade on a different brand. (But yes, if they adjust the size/packaging). I really like this shade, and I like it even more than the Dior Rosy Glow I have given 5 lippies for. I just think it is let down on some aspects as explained above.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This has been my ONLY blush for a few years. I use the color "Cheekie," which is a lovely cool pink that looks very natural. (FYI the website lists Cheekie as "warm" which it is not. It could, however, probably be worn on many skin types). Just looked at the selection again recently at the local beauty store and virtually all the Jane Iredale blush colors looked super natural and versatile. I ended up recently buying "Dubonnet" (a tawny pink) to try out as sort of a bronzer -- most bronzers look too orange on my pale cool-toned skin. I LOVE the small clam-shell case -- so easy to use and pack for travel! The color is very pigmented so a little goes a long way. One container lasts me many months with daily use. I'm of the opinion that there is really only one "best" blush color for your skin, so I don't understand all those "blush palettes" out there. Better to spend money on the perfect one you'll use, rather than four or five you won't. You will very likely your best natural color in this line. It is expensive, but well worth it. PROS: natural-looking colors; highly pigmented; easy flawless application; adorable small handy case for travel. CONS: Price (around $27); availability (only at certain beauty stores and online). Will definitely continue to use this product.

on 9/2/2014 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought two colours: sheer honey and mocha. I agree with other reviewers: this blush is very concentrated, and you only need to just press your brush into the pan to get sufficient colour. However, I disagree with comments about the colours. They look fabulous, both on the site and in person, but for me, I found them disappointing. Mocha is actually a pink (definitely misnamed!), described as soft pink brown. I found it quite pink, more so than the photos indicate, albeit a dark pink not a bubblegum pink. It is quite subtle though (as long as you don't pick up too much in your brush). Pink is not the colour I wanted, I was after more of a neutral pinky-brown. But my biggest disappointment is sheer honey. Described as a neutral beige, I actually find it is almost a brick colour on me, although it is quite sheer. Most people seem to love this, but one reviewer did say it was russet, and I would agree - if only I had taken notice and saved my money - and others are using it as a bronzer. It may be that it changes colour on my skin, but even on the back of my hand the colour looks slightly rusty. With medium skin with an olive undertone, I find brick colours make my skin look muddy. Perhaps those who love it have a different skin tone that it suits, but if would not recommend it for medium- tone brunettes. I also found the texture of both blushes too heavy, I prefer a lighter powder, that gives a fresher look. It almost seems talc-like to me. I'm now using a bare minerals pressed blush which is much lighter and smoother, and I won't be trying any of the other blush colours.

I love this blush! I was on the search for a blush that does not contain any harsh ingredients- trust me it was very hard to find at Sephora. I so wanted to use NARS blushes, love their colors and payoffs, but skin is not tolerant.

So I searched online and came across Jane Iredale's blushes. I had seen this line at ther dermatologist and figured I would give it a try after reading the ingredient list.

I bought the color awake, which is a very pale pink- I love it. I wear it daily and look young and flushed. It blends so well and lasts all day. I want to try more blush colors.

Like another reviewer said- the packagins is quite small, but a little goes a long way. I use my real techniques stippling blush and it fits perfectly inside the containeer

Popular Blush Products