Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 6/6/2018 7:55:00 AM

I have acne-prone skin and a very oily T-zone, the rest of my face is normal. Acne has been my major skin issue since forever. I bought this mask online after discovering Lush's mask of magnaminty. I love that mask, but it's quite expensive so I started looking for a more affordable one, then I came across Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. It's more expensive in Europe than in the US, I think I paid about €22 for 0,5 kg. You really don't need a lot of clay though so this tub lasts forever.

My favourite way to prepare a mask is by using 1 plastic coffee spoonful of clay (those spoons you often find in a pack of coffee), 1 coffee spoonful of apple cider vinegar, two drops manuka essential oil and then I add a bit liquid honey. I get a smooth paste every single time. This mask always improves the condition of my skin. I always use it at night and my skin is so much better when wake up the following morning. My pimples have disappeared or are reduced, my pores look cleaner and my skin is less oily and really glowy and soft. I use the mask once or twice a week, I leave it on for 20 minutes and yes my skin is flushed once I wash the clay off, but the redness fades fairly quickly. I also put an old piece of cloth on the plughole of the drain so the bits of clay don't clog it.

This mask is amazing for people who suffer from acne prone and oily skin just like me, though I agree that this may be too potent for people with dry skin. Definitely get this if you have oily skin and acne, this face mask blows all other, expensive and high end masks out of the water and it's 100% natural and free of any harmful chemical ingredients! If you want the mask to be gentler for your skin, add more honey to the mixture, if you want to give your skin a thorough treatment, forget the honey and let the clay suck all of the dirt and sebum out of your pores!

I only can confirm what everyone is raving about: This stuff gives you a better skin condition.
What I achieve by using this 5-6 days a week:
- glowy, smooth skin (that wasn't possible before)
- bye bye pimples (this takes about 3-5 uses to get rid of them)
- extraction of whiteheads works like a charm now (you still have to use tools to get them outta your pores, though)
- no dryness, less oily skin
- less need of concealer/foundation because skin gets better and better (yessss, I can focus more on my eyes and lips now)
- confidence rises.

The price is amazing! I could imagine an expensive brand charging about 50$ for being the same product.

I recommend using raw apple cider vinegar. Apply a thin layer (I use 2.5m l/ 1/2tsp of the powder and 2.5ml / 1/2tsp of apple cider vinegar) and remove when you have enough of it or til it's dry everywhere where you applied it. A medium or thick layer needs more product, more time to dry and is harder to remove. So it's true, use less, win the most!

PS: Nardo Visgo has an amazing set for measuring spoons: their 10-Piece Thickened ABS Plastic Measuring Spoons/Cups Set on amazon. I bought it with my own money, without recommendations or codes (yes, this ain't an ad). I even bought it another time after a week.

I really don't understand all the rage over this mask. I bought it off of Amazon, thinking it would be some sort of miracle-worker from all the reviews I had read. I have dry skin, which is relatively sensitive, so I only kept the mask on for about 7 minutes on average. Before I started using this product, my acne was only prominent on my chin and a bit on my left cheek (which was getting better slowly). After using this mask for about 2-3 weeks, I started breaking out on my right cheek and forehead (which I had worked so hard to clear up!). Definitely do not recommend this mask for sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin.

on 5/17/2018 2:29:00 AM

I use this mask at night around 2 times a week with ACV & leave it on till its fully dry which takes around 45 mins, I then remove this with a warm wet face cloth.

First impression is that once I wash this mask off my face is bright RED and dry, my pimples look irritated and when I use toner (Son & Park Beauty Water or rose water) it stings all over. Though miraculously when I wake up the next morning my skin looks lush, much more brighter and 'glowy' as opposed to the days I don't use this mask, the redness is completely gone, my skin feels really soft and my pimples are smaller; though this mask only helps me with those slightly larger painful pimples, whiteheads & those annoying stubborn small spots on the forehead, this does not in the slightest help with blackheads. I have noticed that scaring from acne goes much quicker although I wouldn't put all credit into this product but into the moisturiser I use after I use this mask (rosehip oil). This mask is very very drying you have to use a moisturiser afterwards, I did the mistake of not doing this at first and woke up with my nose peeling & some dry areas on my cheeks.

I have used this for over a year, I really recommend this product to anyone that wants a powerful treatment against acne. I have no pimples now, I just get the occasional one around my time of month which is fine as after using this product it will disappear within 3 days or so. I wish this product came with a plastic scoop though since I almost always make more than I need.

on 5/12/2018 2:02:00 AM

I applied this aztec indian healing clay on my face. I mixed it with ACV and rinse it after 25 minutes. It made my face red especially on the left side of my face so I am not continuing it. It's a little bit itchy too. It's not worth the hype. Use it at your own risk.

on 4/29/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Huh. My niece and I tried this out recently and I don't really see what the buzz is about.

You mix equal parts water with this clay powder, and all I have to say is that it's easier hand-whisking egg whites to stiff peaks than mixing water with this stuff. You'll get pellets of powder that refuse to make an even consistency.

With it on - I don't know? It feels like wet mud, which it basically is. After rinsing it off, my skin felt dry and tight - which isn't a plus for my already dry skin type. Definitely had to moisturize immediately after.

This product is skippable.

I read many good reviews of this product and they recommended to use this with ACV. I used it for the 1st time and it made my skin tight and itchy (plus) smell is awful. My mom and bro can't stand with that smell. ok leave it for a while. After mixing this clay mask with ACV and applied it on my face without eyes and lips area. I waited for to dry it out and then I washed it off with lukewarm water. After washing off, my skin was getting red. so, I applied loads of moisturizer and let my face then cool. I feel still confident bc a lot of people said that product works well on their skin. After one or two days, acnes are appeared on skin and my skin suddenly change to very oily skin. I won't recommend for this product if you are sensitive to clay mask or if you don't have any acnes or pores, try another mask. this one is really awful for me.

on 4/25/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have had this for... a good six months or so now and I bought it with the intention of using it weekly. I was wanting it to help with my oily, acne-prone skin. At first, I used it weekly but because I am a lazy, I use it a lot less now which I think is actually better for me. I use it about every 2 weeks or once a month. I mix it with equal parts ACV and sometimes a small spoonful of manuka honey (which has antibacterial properties).
It was definitely a process to get the hang of how to use it in the most gentle way possible. I leave it on about 10 minutes just until it gets hard, and I remove it with a warm/hot washcloth. I tried washing it off with just warm water, washing it off with face wash, and the washcloth is what works best and is the least harsh on my skin.
I have noticed it reduce my active pimples, and it seems to reduce the appearance of my pores as well. I also feel my skin more plump afterwards. It also helps reduce my clogged pores.
For sure, I think it's too harsh for dry skin. It works for me, and I would repurchase it but the jar is so big that I don't see myself finishing it anytime soon.
I also have to note that I think the name of the product is cringe-worthy but not that it really matters.

on 4/17/2018 11:02:00 AM

I love this stuff! I try to use this once a week, I find it really helps exfoliate and brighten my skin. If I’m having any problem areas this usually helps tone it down. It smells funky when used with apple cider vinegar but totally worth it. A little goes a long way. After it begins to dry you can feel the pulsating which I really like. You’ll notice a bit of redness temporarily afterwards but it goes down pretty quickly.

on 4/24/2018 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

firstly, the packaging is sturdy and the price is fairly reasonable - $17 for 908g; you'd only need about less than 5g per usage too.

also, in case if you didn't know it is called the world's most powerful mask because it literally makes your face pulse (also when u wash it off expect ur face to turn red for a while), that's all.

how i used this mask was as directed - 1:1 ACV & this and i left it on for 15-20minutes.

THE REVIEW:

now, why two stars? initially i only wanted to give a star, but i realised that it has helped my forehead clear up almost instantly whereas very painfully broke my cheeks and temples out; i have never broken out this badly before, and i did this mask 2 times in a span of 3 weeks (once a week, rest one week, did it again on the third week) on two Sundays to confirm that this was the product that caused me to break out. note that my nose doesn't really break out and also my chin it's in its own world, nothing will cure the pimples but nothing would inflict more damage. so what happened to the affected areas??

THE GOOD - my forehead
this mask instantly cleared my forehead up (well, almost). what was on my forehead was those little pesky bumps that never goes away, i think loads of people understand what i'm saying. so if your problem is that, this mask is for you! however, note it's only for the multiple tiny tiny bumps.

THE BAD - my temples and cheeks
woah, if only i could insert a photograph on my cheeks. my cheeks are very prone to whiteheads and pimples but i don't get acne - if i do it's only during that time of the month where i will get around 3. if not on usual days it's just plenty of whiteheads that will never come out; these bumps are like the ones on my forehead but a lot more bigger and irritating and they really make my face look extremely dirty under light. i have hyper pigmentation on my cheeks as well as some pimples but nothing too serious. for my temples, i have hyper pigmentation, whiteheads and though not all the time but pimples there too.

so now that i have described my skin issues (FYI i have oily, fair skin and i'm 17 for those who are curious) if you have these issues i would recommend you to stay far far away from them. but that's up to you of course hahaha

what happened was after the mask as said my face was red and just like every other mask your face would feel clean. however at night (i applied it in the afternoon) i noticed my face breaking out and in the morning it was so bad. i had ACNE on my cheeks and it hurt sooo bad, my hyper pigmentation become extremely red - redder than ever and i grew even more whiteheads! my skincare after the mask was toner and moisturiser btw so nothing too crazy but enough to supply back what was lost in my skin after the mask. i grew pimples as well. it's just so bad. however i'm letting my skin rest and it's healing already so that's good (i used a cotton pad face cleanser).

so yes, to conclude:

buy this if your problems are those little pores that are clogged (oh i forgot to mention my forehead doesn't get acne or pimples but whiteheads are possible)

if not, don't bother

thanks for reading, let me know if this review was helpful ❤️