Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

THE BEST MASK EVER! Let me give you some background on my skin. I was on a course of antibiotics and another medication for personal health reasons for about 8 months. I had no idea it would destroy my gut flora (good bacteria). Man I had the worst breakout in my life! Deep painful cystic pimples, blackheads, whiteheads. I stopped the medications. For a year I tried different things to get rid of my acne. Nothing helped my skin until I started taking probiotics to repopulate my stomach with good bacteria to get my hormones in check. A month later I started using this mask and OMG it has helped so much!! It brought clogged pores to the surface. I started off doing it twice a week but cut back to once a week because it dries your skin out. Just apply moisturizer afterwards. I mix one tablespoon of the powder with one tabelspoon braggs acv, adding more or less of each to get the right consistency. Make sure to use a plastic spoon and bowl. I leave it on for 45 min then wash off with warm water. My skin is left smooth and soft. It's been about a month using the mask. I don't breakout anymore just the clogged pores coming out. I still have acne marks and hyperpigmetaion but I'm fine with that, can easily be fixed with the banish derma roller (Review on that soon) I'm so happy I cured my acne naturally! No need for accutane, birth control, proactiv etc (: I found my holy grail mask!! Totally recommend it and probiotics if you're dealing with digestive, hormonal acne.

on 1/5/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I will always have this in my beauty routine. Best mask ever. Better than some high end masks I've tried. No matter what, I always come back to this one. It unclogs my pores, making my skin feel cleaner and looking clearer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a heavy duty exfoliator for me. It's extra effective at refining skin texture. Just make sure you don't use it too often (I'd say once a week is enough) or you don't let it sit on your face too long. I did, and it made my super oily skin flaky and super dry ...not cool at all.

on 1/3/2017 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

tldr; no visible changes. No irritation for papulopustular rosacea, even using the apple cider vinegar.

I wanted to like this as it is highly recommended but it didn't really do anything for me. I mixed it according to the instructions with apple cider vinegar and applied as a mask. There was the tightening sensation as it dried. Washing this off was a B*TCH - it was simultaneously flaky and stuck on? I used a wet cloth in the end but it made such a mess that I am happy it didn't clog my drain (I was really worried tbh and you should keep hot water running in your sink while removing).

My skin immediately after felt very clean, in a dry, not pleasant way. My pore size remained unchanged (the most notable effect I've heard of). I think this may be an effective drying mask for those with acne prone skin, but since I don't suffer from that, I'm passing on it. My husband is using it (he has oilier skin than me) but he also doesn't think it's a miracle product.

on 12/15/2016 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This helps my skin clear up!

I mix one spoon of this and 3-5 drops of tea tree oil and it just does wonders.

Your face would literally pulsate if you leave it long but I've read that that does more harm than good so I don't leave it that long.

on 11/29/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Mixed with ACV, this is probably the best mask ever made!!! It's VERY VERY GOOD with cleaning pores, especially removing blackheads in the nose and cheek area. After using this, my skin looks clearer and less "red" and blotchy.

The clay is so flexible that you can use it in a lot of recipes that can cater to your own skin condition. My base recipe is 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp. Bragg ACV, leave on for 30-45 mins

I used to add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with the base recipe, this made the mask smell better, but it did not seem to help with the zits.

Current favorite recipe: 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp Bragg ACV + 2 drops raw honey. Adding honey made the mask easier to wash out, it does not "completely" dry up, makes the mask smell better, and it leaves a very thin layer of moisture making my skin really soft.

Sometimes, I'll use a sheet mask after (chilled in the ref) for added moisture. Sometimes I'll skip the sheet mask and spot treat my acne with BP (2.5%), which will cause the zits to sting a little bit but it heals faster.

I use this weekly, and if I don't my skin will look duller. I've finished a whole tub of this. A WHOLE TUB!!! and I bought two tubs after, which I'm confident that I'll use to the last gram. Good thing that the product does not expire (I think)..

The only down side I see is that it clogs the drain in my bathroom sink. So I have to use the kitchen sink OR pour hot water on the bathroom sink after washing the clay from my face to avoid clogging the drain. But overall, I love this! And I will probably be using this continuously.

HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!! <3 <3 <3

on 11/29/2016 3:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very good facial mask, I was really impressed at the overall outcome of this product. Although I was a bit upset about all the talk I heard about the feeling that it gives your face as it works, I have yet to feel it tingle at all, I guess that's because I don't have too much bacteria in my skin, but the coolness of it was really nice. I had no problems mixing it with the raw vinegar, it mixed very well, but don't use too much of the clay because it will swell up on you and you'll have way too much to work it. But my face was so soft, nice and smooth afterwards, I would use this product at least 2-3 times a week, but where I live it is very hard to find. The price is very cheap, I once bought it for about $7, but haven't found it since then for that amount, now it's a bit pricey. My experience was great, I applied it and left it on for about 20-25 minutes until it was dry and then rinsed it off, which took a little time, but it was worth it. If I had to and I am going to purchase this again and this time get the larger one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Great stuff! I use it with apple cider vinegar and my partner uses it with water. Both work well and leave the face so soft and smooth!
I have mild to moderate acne and this has never aggrevated may skin. I wouldn't say this has helped with preventing blemishes but it does minmize pores for a couple days. Also super cheap and the tub will last you a long time. I got mine on amazon :)

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I've used this as a face mask before, mixed with vinegar (I've also tried it with water, but it didn't mix very well. Vinegar works much better). I didn't really notice any chance for better or worse in my skin, though the tingling feeling while it was drying was kind of cool. I tried it on my teen daughter's acne-prone skin as well, and it didn't seem to help her out any and she did NOT care for the aforementioned tingling feeling.

So why would I give this stuff five lippies? Because last summer, I was eaten alive by sand fleas while vacationing at the beach. You heard me. Sand fleas. I was in hell, covered with itchy bites EVERYWHERE after lying in the sand all day. Apparently I'm particularly sensitive to the little bloodsuckers, too, because the bites swelled up terribly (mosquito bites do the same thing on me). I tried the usual topical anti-itch treatments and Benadryl, but nothing worked for long. I yearned for the sweet release of death. I was still in absolute misery when we got home, and it was by pure chance that I saw my jar of Aztec clay in the bathroom while I was desperately rummaging around for something else to try to relieve the intense itch.

I made up a batch of mask and slathered it on my bites. I can't describe in detail the relief I experienced on a family friendly website. But you can use your imagination. What was most incredible was the relief LASTED, even after I finally rinsed the stuff off. The bites shrunk, the swelling went down like magic, AND the itching was relieved for HOURS. It did take a second application the next day, but that was all it took. I could have been saved days of suffering if 1) I had been aware that sand fleas were A Thing on that particular beach, and/or 2) if I'd had that jar of Aztec clay on vacation.

So forget zits. BUG BITES. I've since tried it on mosquito bites as well. They look like red mountains on me, but Aztec clay knocks 'em out quickly. I love you, Aztec clay!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I use this as a spot treatment. It works like a charm, it shrinks spots and doesn't irritate my skin.