4.3

$7.95 on iHerb
Shop Now

Reviews

2 months ago

This is the only face mask that I was able to sustain using for more than one year. I do not like fussing around too many treatments on my face. I want my skin routine to be seamless and low maintenance. But this is worth the mess. I only do it once a week - 2 teaspoons mixed with 3 teaspoons of red wine vinegar to cover my face, jawline (where the pimples usually are) and upper neck. I apply it on my face using brush to evenly spread the mask on my nose and its creases. Let it soak for 20 minutes - around 15 minutes the pulsating begins then I wash it with warm water. The texture of the mask when washing it out feels oily. I figure that clay is pumping out the toxins and sebum underneath the skin to clarify it. It really works wonder on my pimples in the jaw line. Even the scars fades away after continuous use. But of course, this is not instant miracle. You have to continuously use it for months to see the amazing results. Right after the first use, my face is glowing and very smooth - so you will be encouraged to continuously use it. Just that you have to deal with vinegar smell and mess. I don't agree to those youtubers you are using it everyday. I think that can be very drying to the skin especially if your skin is sensitive. Once a week should be sufficient but use it for long term to achieve the best results.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3.0

2 months ago

After seeing this for soooo long I finally decided to try it on my hair first. Yes my curls actually looked very nice once my hair dried however the extra work and mess wasn’t worth it. I have conditioners and leave ins that give me the same results with half the time and hassle. Now as a face mask... because I generally have sensitive skin I mixed it with water first. Easy to mix, dried pretty quickly, easy to remove... my face felt tight which is expected after using any type of clay mask but I didn’t like how this one felt. After about 3 uses I went ahead and used half ACV half water and the results were the same. I put it down for about a month then decided to only use ACV, biggest mistake ever!! My entire face turned bright red as if I was laying out in the sun too long and it stayed that way for several hours. Luckily I didn’t break out or get a rash but I’ve officially given up.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

4 months ago

If you suffer with oily skin, large pores, a few break outs here and there. This is something you SHOULD really try. I have used it for a week now and I have noticed the change in my complexion. My face is a lot brighter. It's not a magic potion that can get rid of acne in a day BUT from all that I have tried (and damn have I tried an array of products) this actually shows results. My white heads are drying up faster and my marks are lightening. Also, for the price, you get a big container that would last for some time. Yes, you better believe the hype! It's definately something to try.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrunette

7 months ago

W O W. 9/10 hyped products never ever work for me. Lotion P50, majority of Paula's Choice, The Ordinary, etc. I've seen this product floating around since I joined this site in 2012 (and it had stellar reviews back then too) and I've always been tempted to try it but my skin is so freaking sensitive and anything that irritates it causes a breakout. This may come as a shock to a lot of people here but if you start breaking out when using a new product (apart from prescription products) it's not purging. That's your body's way of telling you the product you're using isn't working. For example, my new apartment had highly chlorinated water and I started breaking out horribly. Was my skin purging? Absolutely not. I saw this stuff at my local Fresh Thyme for a low price and I thought, why not. For the first time ever I decided to not be an idiot and spot test a product. Shock of shocks, no negative reaction. The following night I put the rest of the product. Now I read somewhere that if you have dry or sensitive skin you shouldn't let a clay mask dry fully, rather rinse it off when it begins to dry. So that's what I did. I think it was on for less than 5 minutes total. I know it turns your skin red but mine barely turned pink. I think any longer would have irritated my skin but oh man did it still have great results. These little blackheads on my lower cheek, all gone. Skin smoother, softer, less red, and clearer. I did not develop any zits from using this, and it surprisingly, wasn't all that drying. I definitely still use moisturizer after but some masks I've used were so harsh. I can't believe how well it worked. That *never* happens to me. It's super cheap too. $7.99 for a tub I know will last me a very long time. I used raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to mix with. I think it recommends that because of something to do with the pH balance. Apple cider vinegar has never bothered my skin either so I wasn't worried about that. I mixed it with one of those silicone spatulas, and it blends well. You're also not supposed to dump this down the drain either so the spatula makes scooping it out of the bowl easy too. I would recommend for all to try but be sure to spot test first, and if you have dry/sensitive skin, don't allow the mask to fully dry. Best wishes!

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

8 months ago

Aztec healing clay mask The hype is real. So I was thinking that this simple mask just couldn't be that great. I'm a long time fan of clay masks. I have spent some crazy money on this type of product in the past but never again. At 50 I still have some breakouts here and there. I have hormonal issues that cause mine. I am also cursed with large pores sadly. Clay masks have always been great for me but honestly due to the bills from beating breast cancer I just couldn't afford to spend anywhere near what I used to. I'm forced to seek out less expensive skin care and cosmetics that are still great products and while that can be extremely difficult this did not disappoint. I bought this at my local Vitamin shoppe. They also have a website. It was a mere $7.99. For the 1lb tub that is a very good value. I mixed about a 1/2 teaspoon of the clay with acv. Slathered on and gave it 10-15 minutes. Washed off with fairly warm water. Fantastic results as good if not better than other far more expensive masks. I will be using this weekly. If you are looking for a great inexpensive clay mask this is it. Give it a try. Pleased remember to moisture after using.

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

8 months ago

I was wondering what the hype was about on this product,and boy was I surprised,I mix equal parts apple sider viniger with the product mix to a smooth paste and then apply and let dry it does tighten and you can also feel the pulsation on your face, wash off when dry and follow with moisturizer,by by zits some redness after use but this goes away in about and hour or two after,my mature skin is loving the brightness it's giving.would recommend

About reviewer (96 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

9 months ago

Im 39, oily T-Zone, skin is not sensitive. I have been using this mask for over five years to keep my hormonal acne in check. I mix equal parts clay with equal parts vinegar until it is thick enough to not drip off the spoon. I apply it rather thickly and settle in to scroll through the internet. The mask dries and does indeed pulsate, it feels weird when you first start using the mask but I have become quite used to it and find a strange comfort in wearing it. After it has dried, I rinse using a washcloth and copious amounts of warm water. Your face will be red, so don't make any plans to go out for at least an hour! I follow with treatments and always a moisturizer. For two weeks I have been working long hours and neglected to use this twice weekly. I now have a constellation of zits along my chin. Slapped some on Immediately. Will never stop buying.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

10 months ago

One of those long-standing, not expensive but effective products. If you want a clay mask without junk in it, this is great. Mix it with cider vinegar. It fizzes a bit (so this must be an alkaline pH) and then spread it on with a foundation brush. Let dry. Does everything a mask should do, but not expensive or with fillers. You can also use it as a blemish healer: apply the clay with vinegar and let it dry over a bump (not an open one.) You can also use it as a hair mask.

About reviewer (246 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

10 months ago

Bought a big tub of this from Amazon, overall value/quantity for price is superb! Love that it's natural, like others, may be used with ACV and/or tea tree oil, I use with rose water witch hazel and TTO 2x a week (every 4th day). Your skin will purge if clogged and/or you don't get regular facials, however, will clear quickly with consistent use. My face starts to "thump" as it dries, which is normal, melts away with Luke warm water and a bit of rubbing. Fades dark/post acne spots, will minimize/control blackheads and breakouts, and may be used on other areas like neck, back, and chest. This is also great for travelers! I breakout all the time :( and my skin gets very clogged if I don't keep up with regular skincare and treatments (all @home). I travel a lot and don't check luggage, hence, have to manage my carry on liquids strategically. I pop some into a zip lock, and bring along a small plastic container to mix with water when I'm ready to mask. Do not leave on for more than 15 min, 20 max, ends up just sucking moisture out of your skin in a bad way (which may cause more breakouts!). My recipe: 1 teaspoon of Aztec powder with 1.5 teaspoons of rose water with hazel with 4-5 drops of TTO. Perfect amount to cover my entire face without any remaining product/waste.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

HOLY GRAIL! I’ve read so much reviews about this so I wanted to give this a try and it really worked for me. It made my skin look fine and tighter and supple. TIP for acne-prone skin/oily-combination skin: Use apple cider vinegar, activated charcoal powder and tea tree oil with it! I use body shop’s tea tree oil because it helps with the acne! The oil also makes the clay mask’s smell more bearable. This is my go-to skincare product whenever I feel like I’m going to have a breakout. I use this and the bumps would subside a bit, if not completely. Use this once a week. While using it, it is better to wait until the mask dries out!! (Sometimes, it takes me 30 minutes for the mask to dry out). I love this so much because my pores are tighter and my blackheads are gone (i honestly dont know how that works but i am always surprised whenever i wash the mask off and all the impurities subsided) Dont forget to moisturize after using this mask!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24