Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 11/29/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Mixed with ACV, this is probably the best mask ever made!!! It's VERY VERY GOOD with cleaning pores, especially removing blackheads in the nose and cheek area. After using this, my skin looks clearer and less "red" and blotchy.

The clay is so flexible that you can use it in a lot of recipes that can cater to your own skin condition. My base recipe is 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp. Bragg ACV, leave on for 30-45 mins

I used to add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with the base recipe, this made the mask smell better, but it did not seem to help with the zits.

Current favorite recipe: 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp Bragg ACV + 2 drops raw honey. Adding honey made the mask easier to wash out, it does not "completely" dry up, makes the mask smell better, and it leaves a very thin layer of moisture making my skin really soft.

Sometimes, I'll use a sheet mask after (chilled in the ref) for added moisture. Sometimes I'll skip the sheet mask and spot treat my acne with BP (2.5%), which will cause the zits to sting a little bit but it heals faster.

I use this weekly, and if I don't my skin will look duller. I've finished a whole tub of this. A WHOLE TUB!!! and I bought two tubs after, which I'm confident that I'll use to the last gram. Good thing that the product does not expire (I think)..

The only down side I see is that it clogs the drain in my bathroom sink. So I have to use the kitchen sink OR pour hot water on the bathroom sink after washing the clay from my face to avoid clogging the drain. But overall, I love this! And I will probably be using this continuously.

HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!! <3 <3 <3

on 11/29/2016 3:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very good facial mask, I was really impressed at the overall outcome of this product. Although I was a bit upset about all the talk I heard about the feeling that it gives your face as it works, I have yet to feel it tingle at all, I guess that's because I don't have too much bacteria in my skin, but the coolness of it was really nice. I had no problems mixing it with the raw vinegar, it mixed very well, but don't use too much of the clay because it will swell up on you and you'll have way too much to work it. But my face was so soft, nice and smooth afterwards, I would use this product at least 2-3 times a week, but where I live it is very hard to find. The price is very cheap, I once bought it for about $7, but haven't found it since then for that amount, now it's a bit pricey. My experience was great, I applied it and left it on for about 20-25 minutes until it was dry and then rinsed it off, which took a little time, but it was worth it. If I had to and I am going to purchase this again and this time get the larger one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Great stuff! I use it with apple cider vinegar and my partner uses it with water. Both work well and leave the face so soft and smooth!
I have mild to moderate acne and this has never aggrevated may skin. I wouldn't say this has helped with preventing blemishes but it does minmize pores for a couple days. Also super cheap and the tub will last you a long time. I got mine on amazon :)

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I've used this as a face mask before, mixed with vinegar (I've also tried it with water, but it didn't mix very well. Vinegar works much better). I didn't really notice any chance for better or worse in my skin, though the tingling feeling while it was drying was kind of cool. I tried it on my teen daughter's acne-prone skin as well, and it didn't seem to help her out any and she did NOT care for the aforementioned tingling feeling.

So why would I give this stuff five lippies? Because last summer, I was eaten alive by sand fleas while vacationing at the beach. You heard me. Sand fleas. I was in hell, covered with itchy bites EVERYWHERE after lying in the sand all day. Apparently I'm particularly sensitive to the little bloodsuckers, too, because the bites swelled up terribly (mosquito bites do the same thing on me). I tried the usual topical anti-itch treatments and Benadryl, but nothing worked for long. I yearned for the sweet release of death. I was still in absolute misery when we got home, and it was by pure chance that I saw my jar of Aztec clay in the bathroom while I was desperately rummaging around for something else to try to relieve the intense itch.

I made up a batch of mask and slathered it on my bites. I can't describe in detail the relief I experienced on a family friendly website. But you can use your imagination. What was most incredible was the relief LASTED, even after I finally rinsed the stuff off. The bites shrunk, the swelling went down like magic, AND the itching was relieved for HOURS. It did take a second application the next day, but that was all it took. I could have been saved days of suffering if 1) I had been aware that sand fleas were A Thing on that particular beach, and/or 2) if I'd had that jar of Aztec clay on vacation.

So forget zits. BUG BITES. I've since tried it on mosquito bites as well. They look like red mountains on me, but Aztec clay knocks 'em out quickly. I love you, Aztec clay!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I use this as a spot treatment. It works like a charm, it shrinks spots and doesn't irritate my skin.

on 10/26/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product doesn't give me outstanding or noticeable results like it says on the packaging. I bought it after I saw many people's review saying they saw obvious results from the first use.
I don't know if I'm mixing it wrong or something. I use 1 part clay powder to 1 part apple cider vinegar as recommended but the mixture still comes out as a clumpy texture. I use a plastic bowl and plastic mixing tool set that other reviewers suggested to buy with it because using metal destroys the properties in the clay (or something along those lines).
I keep it on for 15-20 mins and while it's drying I do feel that tingling, tightening sensation which makes me feel like, oh shit! the clay mask is working and actually doing something for my face, but after I've washed it off with warm water I feel like my face looks exactly the same as before I used it. I have an oily t-zone but my face is also quite dry. I don't know if the clay clears my pores or anything, my face is still just as oily, yet super dry the next day. I moisturise with an oil free product after each use. My face does feel super soft for a bit though!
I bought this product a couple months ago this year and I've been using it regularly once a week. I use it religiously just because I paid a lot for it and don't want to let it go to waste. The Indian Aztec Clay & the pure Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar came to quite a bit of ££'s you know.
After this finishes I will be looking for another clay that might be more helpful for my skin.

on 10/24/2016 6:21:00 PM

Er... really? I cannot say I share the enthusiasm. I used it twice and didn't see any improvement afterwards. Worse, my fine lines were deepened. I would like to give it time, as it is unfair to the product to comment after only two uses, however seeing my skin de-pumped and my fine lines enhanced, I find it really hard to convince myself to try it again.

on 10/20/2016 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

You know, I think this is about the best beauty purchase I've made in a very long time (and the most cost-effective :P). I had seen many beauty bloggers raving about Aztec Secrets Indian Healing Clay for years, but I was finally done in when I came across it on an article about skin products everyone in their late twenties "needs" (not that this is by ANY means only for people in their late twenties, anyone can benefit from a deep pore cleanse). I put this into my Amazon shopping cart, and it was all history from there.

Wow. What a gem. The product itself is a gray powder that comes in a massive jar. For 1lb of product (which is a TON), I paid about $16 CAD. You have the option of either mixing the powder (which is all natural calcium bentonite clay. Simple as that) with either water or apple cider vinegar. I've only used it with ACV, as I've heard it creates a much better consistency than water...Not to mention ACV in itself has tons of skin benefits (aids in cell turnover, balances pH levels, kills bacteria etc). There are no specific measurements. Just use enough clay and ACV to create a thick paste. WARNING: Do not use a metal utensil to mix this, as the clay is charged and the metal interferes. I just use a wooden spoon.

Anyhow, after creating your mix (a messy, but worthwhile process), apply it to clean, damp skin. The jar suggests a 5-15 minute time-frame, and I find that 10 minutes works best for me. Just be careful and listen to your skin (be extra cautious if your skin is sensitive). This is NOT a mask you want to keep on any longer than suggested, as it can dry out and irritate the skin, which has happened to me.

However, when used correctly, this little guy is a lifesaver. It hardens on the face and you can literally feel it pulsating and "sucking" the gunk out of your pores. The first time I used this I literally could not believe how smooth and clean my face felt. You really don't realize how much dirt, sweat, makeup and general gunk are clogging your face until you clear it all out. And what's more? This will literally pull "hidden" pimples to the surface. So don't be surprised if you break out after using this for a few days, it's just all the gunk rising to the surface and being expelled, to reveal clear, healthy skin. Even my pesky nose blackheads had surfaced!

I had gotten to a point that my skin was so congested and clogged that I felt like my skincare products weren't even sinking in. They just sat on my face! Even regular exfoliation was't working, but this came through like a charm. After a treatment, your skin will literally drink up whatever products you apply afterwards. It's kind of amazing actually.

Anyhow, long story short, this is a Godsend and I will never be without it again. I don't use it all the time (and I would NOT suggest using it more than once per week), but when my skin feels clogged and congested, this is a miracle. The results are both instantaneous and cumulative overtime. I want to give a jar of this to everyone I know for Christmas. That's how strongly I feel about it. Funny isn't it? With the plethora of overpriced products that claim to reverse aging, revert your skin to an almost newborn state, and repair your credit, it's often the most simple, natural, and cheap products that work best.

5/5 and then some.

BTW- The only downside to speak of is how hard to come by this product seems to be. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and have never seen it in stores, so I have to order online. I'm not sure if it's even really sold in stores anywhere.....But truth me, it's well worth the wait to order online if you have to. If you struggle with clogged pores or just want a good old detoxifying face treatment, you're doing yourself a disservice by not getting this.

on 9/25/2016 6:02:00 PM

This is a MUST! MUST MUST MUST HAVE
I haven't tried so many clay masks because they mostly irritated and dried out my skin but i saw some good comments about this one so i wanted to try! and yaaaas!
My skin?
Dry/combo-sensitive-blackheads-some acne scarring
How I used?
*I mixed the product with a %100 natural apple cider vinegar,I put two spoonful of each product and mix them in a non-metal holder with a spoon.
*Next I apply it evenly, i prefer to use a foundation brush because its less messy
*You should wait for 5 min if u have sensitive skin / 15-20 for normal skin. i waited like 10 min
*Wash it off with warm water. And voilaa
After you remove the mask you will get some redness and nervousness in your skin but it gets better in 20 min.
*After mask i applied a skin oil (kiehls midnight recovery one) and a moisturizer(cetaphil)
I kept using the mask twice in a week for a month now
Results?
*My skin is brighter and smoother and definitely i got less blackheads and breakouts. I donno how but this thing has done quite a good job. I will continue using it
PROS:
Affordable
Can be used for multiple things(blackhead,acne, dull skin, scarring etc)
Large amount of product
All natural just clay
Not weird ingredients
Most importantly it actually WORKS!

CONS:
A bit painful while removing
Dries out the skin a bit(definitely use a moisturizer afterwards)
All in all,highly recommended. Because it's pretty cheap even if you are not gonna satisfy, there will be no problem at all!

on 9/23/2016 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Let's start with what this mask isn't; it's not a pamper mask, something to throw on when you want to have a relaxing time. It's not something you should put on if you want to snack on something while wearing the mask . Lastly, it's probably not a mask you should start your day with, or do right before you're planning to be out the door. Why? Because chances are you will look a little bit like a red panda when it washes off.

I will admit that the name of the product pared with the claim to be the "world's most powerful facial" made me want to roll my eyes at this product while reluctantly feeling intrigued by it. The slogan for the product is "feel your face pulsate", and the first two or three times I used it, I really did experience that! It was a little concerning and a lot cool. For some reason I didn't get such a reaction to it after the first few times (could my skin have gotten used to it?), but it still gets my blood pumping like nothing I've ever put on my face before. The first time I washed it off I was worried about the redness, thinking it was a bad reaction or signs of my skin being irritated. But the clear difference between my normally pale white skin on the areas where I hadn't put any mask and the areas that had been covered by the mask made me realise that wow, that's the blood circulation kicking in full force! Hence the panda look with pale skin around my eyes, and red all over the rest of the face. For this reason I like to do this mask in the evening. Turns out the red pandas pull off the look better than I do. I also like to do it before I hit the shower, since it can be a bit tricky to remove. By letting warm water and steam soften up the mask a bit you don't have to rub quite so hard to remove it.

In the beginning I just mixed the powder with water (rather than water + vinegar like the instruction suggests), and I found it hard to mix it into an even paste. There were clumps that I couldn't get to mix with the water that would sit weirdly on the skin when applied to the face. The first time I used a mix between water and apple cider vinegar I had to laugh at myself for trying all these different utensils and techniques in order to defeat those lumps - add a little vinegar and you'll have a chemical reaction (ish? Not a chemist!), some foaming going on and then you have a completely smooth and almost mousse like paste that easily spreads on the skin. I like to use a brush to apply the mask, more specifically a flat foundation brush from ecotools that I never use for its intended purpose anyway. Whatever you use, remember to not use any metal utensils as that alters the clay and makes it less effective.

After I've used this mask I like to put the most soothing face products I have on my face. I've never woken up with skin that is still red, and while I can't tell if it's thanks to that extra care, I figure it can't hurt either way.

I use this mask quite sparingly, and somewhat irregularly. I use it when my skin feels troubled, when I get these "not quite acne but surely something" type of stubborn bumps around my chin area, when my skin is going through some type of change, or when it's just breakout city. And somehow this just solves a lot of those problems! It's like your skin go through a deep cleanse with this mask, but without an awful purging phase where it has to get worse before it gets better. The first few times I used this I wasn't all that impressed with the results, especially after hearing all the rave about this product. It took me a while to get what the fuss was all about, but then it hit me; I think this mask's brilliance is just a lot more subtle than what I'm used to. It's not one of those flashy products that give you all these spectacular, eye-catching but temporary perks. It might not brighten and tighten (though physically it does, damn it feels tight when it's dried!) and color correct and a thousand different things - but it works on the basics. Getting impurities out and helping the skin out by increasing the blood circulation.

Personally I wouldn't use it more than two times a week, possibly just once a week. And if you have sensitive skin, I'd be careful with this to begin with. I do think it could work even on sensitive skin, but maybe be careful with the amount of vinegar you mix it with (could be a good idea to start out with more water than vinegar), try it out on the inside of your arm before your face and see how your skin reacts, do a thin layer the first time, don't leave it on for longer than 10 minutes etc. Just test the waters a bit.

+ Cruelty free
+ No weird, nasty chemicals or long ingredient lists - it's just clay
+ It says that it'll last you for 15 masks, which is just ridiculous. It'll last you way, WAY longer than that! I must've used it 15 times by now, and I accidentally make too large of a batch every single time, and I've not even gone through a third of the tub. Hence:
+ A really affordable product
+ It won't go bad anytime soon, since it's a dry powder product
+ Shortens the time it takes to heal out my hormonal or stress-related breakouts
+ Can be used for treating individual spots or specifically acne prone areas! Whenever I get these painful, almost cystic type of acne I like to mix a little powder and water in the palm of my hand and apply directly onto the area. The next day I can see a clear improvement and the time it takes to heal out is significantly shorter.
+ Can easily be tweaked to fit your skin's need. Apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, tumeric, tea tree oil, rose water.. The list goes on.

- Takes a little work to remove - you must let it soften with warm water before you can attempt to remove it
- I'm reaching here, but I guess it's a little bit painful when it's dried and it pulls your skin tight as f***