Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 7/12/2016 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought into the hype and got this. I was excited for it because people were saying it gets rid of black heads. This mask did nothing for me. I've tried it with water and ACV and I still don't get the results I want. Plus it's such a pain to get off. If it actually worked for me I'd look past that, but it doesn't.

on 7/12/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Must buy. I have sensitive skin. I usually tend to break out if i use masks that aren't homemade natural ones (love them) or sanctuary's masks... apart from those... nothing suits.

This is a hidden gem of a product. It is pure bentonite clay... a natural product. It comes in a big plastic tub in powder form.

My skin feels smoother, pores feel/look smaller, face doesn't get oily anymore, and old acne marks have faded.

This product had to be used in non-metal containers/non metal spoons etc too. I use a brush to apply evenly. The product has to be mixed in equal measures with apple cider vinegar (recommended) or water. When mixed with just water it can remain lumpy and when mixed with acv it is smooth. I have sensitive skin and noticed after using once that it left my skin a little dry so i add a few extras to my mask mix. I add a few drops of either almond or coconut oil, i also add a spoon of natural yogurt and i always use acv.
I apply a thick layer of the mask and leave it on for a min of 20 min - 45 mins. I use it once or twice a week in the evening.
Once applied the mask will begin to feel tight on your face, then you have to try and get past the 'itchy' stage which can last 5 mins lol! Get passed this and you'll then start to feel your face pulsate lol! When it starts to dry it can crack but again this is normal. Also the pulsating sensation feels strange but it's worth it for the results.
Washing off can be tough but i've finally found a way to wash it off without blocking drains or ruining washcloths etc!! I basically peel off the cracked mask from my nose area (this removed blackheads too.. i know.. great right! I also use on just my nose sometimes) and then i splash and ensure my face is throughly wet/the mask is wet and soft again. I then begin to use a cotton wool pad that i keep washing to wet an area whilst wiping away. This washes the mask away cleanly, without big bits blocking drains and without my skin being sore from rubbing it off.
The mask can leave face red for a few minutes after but that's natural as it's been busy pulling dirt from the pores. Once face has been washed etc I moisurise with aloe vera gel all over.

This mask can also be used for blackheads as mentioned above. It can also be used in a bath to remove toxins and leave skin soft (mixes fine.. no lumps). It can also be used on hair.. takes far too long to wash out though. If i feel i have a spot coming.. i use this on just the spot at night and by morning it goes. As i said... I add oil to the powder and apple cider vinegar as i don't want my face to dry out etc... sure it'll be fine to use without oil.

Also a heads up.. Bear in mind i'm talking from my experience from using the product... the first time i used this i broke out in a few bumps, this is due to the fact the mask pulls out the dirt from your pores etc. After this i have been fine. Also as i've said above... if i feel like i'm going to break out and feel a bump i dab/apply the mask on to the spot(s) for about 20 mins then wash off and by morning the spot thankfully doesn't appear and if the spot does appear then this helps it.

Price.. It can be bought for a good price on amazon. A tub lasts a very long time. Packaging is ok.. basic and explains the mask's instructions etc.

To Read all 616 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As someone with congested, sensitive skin, this clay mask has been a wonderful occasional revival treatment for me. I don't get a lot of breakouts, but my cheeks and chin are prone to small clogged pores while the sebaceous filaments on my nose sometimes feel rough and appear raised. I feel so lucky that local health stores carry something dirt-cheap and reliably effective!

I have been using this product whenever my skin needs some serious cleansing(about once a month, sometimes longer) and it has worked wonders. I don't know if my skin could handle using it more often than every week or so, but when I do get the chance to slather this on, I'm always excited for the smooth, glowing skin the mask leaves behind. It is a beautiful thing.

In case anyone is looking to use this for the first time, a helpful tip is to use a warm, very wet paper towel or washcloth and press it against your face to loosen the hardened clay before attempting to rinse clean. It isn't easy to just splash this stuff away once you've let it firm up for fifteen to twenty minutes and any harsh scrubbing might just end up doing more harm than good.

I highly recommend using apple cider vinegar to neutralize the pH and avoiding plain water. In my experience, the clay powder just mixes unevenly and doesn't have the same toning, texture-refining qualities. If you want to get the most out of this little gem, you'll have to find a non-metal utensil due to metal causing this clay to lose the negative charge that makes it so powerful. It actually sucks the positive-charged toxins from your complexion, leaving you feeling thoroughly detoxified.

I'll repurchase this whenever I run out, but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon with the hefty tub six bucks can get you!

on 6/26/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

So I have been using this around two years now. I love it it's great and does exactly what it says on the tin. Completely clean skin although i find it does dry the skin quite a bit and is a little harsh so now I'm having a break from it for a while and will probably order again soon.

I was in the search for masks that will be able to reduce my pimples and acne and now its over. At first, I felt hesitant purchasing this mask because of its packaging and the big amount of this product I thought would go to waste. I purchased it anyways. I arrived home and immediately tried this after removing my makeup. I used a tablespoon and a half and I wasted much product that I did not realized a little goes a very long way. I mixed it with milk and it ended up a bit clumpy. I steamed my face, applied and wait until I feel the "pulsating" effect, much feels like the skin is compressing. I find it so relaxing that I actually left it for 25 minutes. My forehead really hurts when I pull my head upwards, which means the mask is so dry like a cement. It took almost forever to wash the mask off. I pat my face dry and first thing I noticed is my nose. It looks so polished and less blackheads are visible and those white gunk surfaced on my nose, scrubbed it of to get rid of it. My temples and forehead, jaw are really red but faded after a few minutes. My face felt really velvety and soft, appeared glowing but dry at the same time so it is recommended to apply moisturizer afterwards or even a face sheet mask. The next day, I noticed a few small pimples, like a whitehead appeared on my forehead, nose and chin and I am sure my skin is just purging. Later in the night, I applied the mask focusing on those areas where it purged, this time with ACV and water. I recommend to fill ACV first before water. I noticed that ACV completely made the clay in a paste form, not clumpy at all. When it starts to dry, I felt a burning sensation while it is pulsating, and I think the ACV caused it. I washed it off and here goes soft skin. Purging more and more, I continued to use this the same way I did the second time every 2-3 days interval. After just 4 days, I got rid of those pimples caused by purging 100% and the pimples I actually have by 70% especially on my cheeks. I also got rid of the small bumps on my chin and the forehead. Now I have like 5 pimples left on my forehead and I tried to make my face rest from the Aztec Healing Clay for a week or two since I don't have much problems on my face now and another reason is that this dries out my face, I will just use this for foot soak and knee mask. So far I do not need to purchase deep cleansing products and by the way, this makes also a good nose and chin pack. What I only need to purchase are moisturizing masks and some serum. I love this stuff, saved me lots of money. Just worried that this clay expires in 2 years, 2016 - 2018 that I might still have alot of this product left. Now I will stick to this mask FOREVER. Definitely worth the messy preparation haha. Repurchasing this every YEAR or two.
(ps: I have combination skin, very very dry on the cheek and eye area and slightly oily in the t-zone)

on 6/5/2016 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to try this product out because I saw many videos on youtube on how it can help with acne scars. I have very sensitive skin so when my skin doesn't agree with a product, it's instant breakout. The price for this product was great & so was shipping. Since my skin is very sensitive, I decided to use water instead of apple cider vinegar. I felt more safe with water honestly. I followed the instructions & left it on until it dried. I immediately felt it tightening my face & a little tingle. Once it dried I washed it off & I put a napkin over my sink drain so the clay wouldn't clog it. I was really surprised. My face felt super smooth & it was a little red but it eventually went away. I saw my pores have gotten smaller & all my white/blackheads were gone. My forehead was starting to get really itchy but i thought that was normal. The next morning the itch has spread to the side of my face & around my lips. I was literally scratching every second & didn't know what was going on. The rash went on for a week & a half. I love how this product works & really wanna use it again, it did a good job but I'm honestly scared that it would give me a bad rash again. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this also. It would make me feel comfortable on trying it out again.

on 6/2/2016 2:37:00 PM

This is my HG mask! I have combination acne prone skin and using this mask with Apple Cider Vinegar changed my skin so much for the better. Reduces existing flare ups (usually hormonal acne) and has completely eliminated the cystic acne I was battling. I had tried all kinds of medicated treatments, oil cleansing and natural remedies, and high end products but this was what saved my skin along with initially using supplements with zinc. At first I used it 2/week but now I use it once a week or once every two weeks. Has completely changed my skin and is the most effective mask I've ever used. I leave it on for 20 min or so and redness afterwards.

While it can be a nucense to mix the mask yourself and it can be a bit messy it is worth the trouble and I will continue use this mask as a staple of my skin care regimen.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I got this mask as a Christmas present from my cousin and I couldn't be happier. She was hesitant to give me this specific mask at first because she thought it will only worsen my acne. I've been battling acne since I was in High School and to say that the battle is exhausting is an understatement. It's frustrating but I will not quit! ;) Finding an amazing product that can actually help me take care of my skin is awesome.

I wear makeup everyday so it's really important for me to feel like I'm doing something to clean my pores. I've never been a fan of face masks until I started using Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. I mix it with water though I heard from my best friend that mixing it with apple cider vinegar gives you more of that "tightening" feeling. Anyway, it really helps dry pimples and clean pores.

I use it 4 to 5 times a week especially after going to the gym wearing makeup. I know I shouldn't but I'm kind of dependent on makeup, so, there.

P.S. The redness you'll notice after using this mask is totally normal and will soon fade so no worries! ;)

UPDATE: I started using this product with Apple Cider Vinegar a few weeks ago and I didn't like the result. Sure, you can feel the tightening effect of the mask when you mix it with ACV but I guess ACV is too harsh for my skin that it lead to awful breakout. :(

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought a HUGE tub of this off iHerb 4 years ago and I still use it - it's my HG mask. Mixing a fresh batch of clay mask each usage is awesome in my opinion - no extra ingredients needed, no preservatives, completely customisable. This tub will last me another 10 yrs and my daughter will probably use it. I keep it stored in a cool dark place but the screw on lid seems fine. Packaging is plastic and cheap but effective. Not expensive at all! For anyone disliking this, please try it with apple cider vinegar as the liquid. I ran out and mixed it with water and its crap. Somehow the vinegar turns it into a mousse texture and it exfoliates as its sucking all the gunk out of your pores. I have not bought any masks since I bought this as I just don't need to. Mixing your own does cause some wastage because takes time to figure out exactly how much powder to use vs liquid. But it's still uber cost effective! I mix it in a little glass bowl that I keep in the bathroom. It's hard to remove for a clay mask as it can be applied thickly so I hop in the shower to wash off. Do it at the same time as a hair mask! I used to do this weekly but forget a lot of the time now. But when I remember and do it, my pores are so minimised they're almost gone. It's truly magical. Also I used to have oilier skin and it was great. I'm now combo/normal and it's still fine. I have left it on for up to an hour to really feel the sucking feeling but it's recommended to only leave for 15 mins. When you wash it off you'll see red marks as if you took a vacuum cleaner to your face but they go away. The sucking feeling can be addictive to those who really like a product to feel like it is doing something.

Edit: I bought a weird apple cider vinegar with honey in it - not a substitute! Doesn't create a mousse and no sucking feeling! Stick with normal apple cider next time

on 4/27/2016 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Honestly does nothing. It's fun though! No imperfections were reduced whatsoever.

Popular Masks