Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Live this stuff. It sucks out oils on your face. I suggest keeping it longer than 20mins so maybe 30mins. Then wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth and then moisturise. Skin feels fresh and renewed. Try it. Def something to try :)

on 1/29/2017 11:04:00 AM

Review #1. Used it for 3 weekends (once a week) and still see no effect. There was an initial breakout when I used it (not too many but I can feel the bumps) Not sure if bumps and pimples are work stress-related. Will post an update here after I use it longer

on 1/25/2017 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great clay.
I mix this with a pot of hot green tea (powdered matcha tea- a lot of it, like, 1-2 tablespoons); chamomile tea (the contents of 1 tea bag) and charcoal (maybe 6-10 capsules). Sometimes I'll add aspirin if I need a bit of chemical exfoliation as well. Makes an amazing, sebum-sucking, high powered mask. Better than masks from Sephora etc for $$$$ for a fraction of the price. This recipe makes enough for maybe 3 masks.
I've tried so many different mask 'recipes'- so much fun to experiment with.
Before going on accutane, I would use this every other night and it really helped to prevent breakouts and sooth my skin.
I dont get breakouts post accutane, but I still use this once every week and it makes my skin very smooth afterwards.
This is really cheap on sites like iherb and this tub will last me forever. Well worth the price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow,no words to describe other than it really does the job!My skin feels clean and supple.Ever since i started using this clay mask i don't get breakouts as often as i used to. I strictly use this mask twice a week,and YES IT IS THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL FACIAL MASK! and BTW I use apple cider vinegar to mix the clay;half and half.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

THE BEST MASK EVER! Let me give you some background on my skin. I was on a course of antibiotics and another medication for personal health reasons for about 8 months. I had no idea it would destroy my gut flora (good bacteria). Man I had the worst breakout in my life! Deep painful cystic pimples, blackheads, whiteheads. I stopped the medications. For a year I tried different things to get rid of my acne. Nothing helped my skin until I started taking probiotics to repopulate my stomach with good bacteria to get my hormones in check. A month later I started using this mask and OMG it has helped so much!! It brought clogged pores to the surface. I started off doing it twice a week but cut back to once a week because it dries your skin out. Just apply moisturizer afterwards. I mix one tablespoon of the powder with one tabelspoon braggs acv, adding more or less of each to get the right consistency. Make sure to use a plastic spoon and bowl. I leave it on for 45 min then wash off with warm water. My skin is left smooth and soft. It's been about a month using the mask. I don't breakout anymore just the clogged pores coming out. I still have acne marks and hyperpigmetaion but I'm fine with that, can easily be fixed with the banish derma roller (Review on that soon) I'm so happy I cured my acne naturally! No need for accutane, birth control, proactiv etc (: I found my holy grail mask!! Totally recommend it and probiotics if you're dealing with digestive, hormonal acne.

on 1/5/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I will always have this in my beauty routine. Best mask ever. Better than some high end masks I've tried. No matter what, I always come back to this one. It unclogs my pores, making my skin feel cleaner and looking clearer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a heavy duty exfoliator for me. It's extra effective at refining skin texture. Just make sure you don't use it too often (I'd say once a week is enough) or you don't let it sit on your face too long. I did, and it made my super oily skin flaky and super dry ...not cool at all.

on 1/3/2017 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

tldr; no visible changes. No irritation for papulopustular rosacea, even using the apple cider vinegar.

I wanted to like this as it is highly recommended but it didn't really do anything for me. I mixed it according to the instructions with apple cider vinegar and applied as a mask. There was the tightening sensation as it dried. Washing this off was a B*TCH - it was simultaneously flaky and stuck on? I used a wet cloth in the end but it made such a mess that I am happy it didn't clog my drain (I was really worried tbh and you should keep hot water running in your sink while removing).

My skin immediately after felt very clean, in a dry, not pleasant way. My pore size remained unchanged (the most notable effect I've heard of). I think this may be an effective drying mask for those with acne prone skin, but since I don't suffer from that, I'm passing on it. My husband is using it (he has oilier skin than me) but he also doesn't think it's a miracle product.

on 12/15/2016 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This helps my skin clear up!

I mix one spoon of this and 3-5 drops of tea tree oil and it just does wonders.

Your face would literally pulsate if you leave it long but I've read that that does more harm than good so I don't leave it that long.

on 11/29/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Mixed with ACV, this is probably the best mask ever made!!! It's VERY VERY GOOD with cleaning pores, especially removing blackheads in the nose and cheek area. After using this, my skin looks clearer and less "red" and blotchy.

The clay is so flexible that you can use it in a lot of recipes that can cater to your own skin condition. My base recipe is 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp. Bragg ACV, leave on for 30-45 mins

I used to add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with the base recipe, this made the mask smell better, but it did not seem to help with the zits.

Current favorite recipe: 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp Bragg ACV + 2 drops raw honey. Adding honey made the mask easier to wash out, it does not "completely" dry up, makes the mask smell better, and it leaves a very thin layer of moisture making my skin really soft.

Sometimes, I'll use a sheet mask after (chilled in the ref) for added moisture. Sometimes I'll skip the sheet mask and spot treat my acne with BP (2.5%), which will cause the zits to sting a little bit but it heals faster.

I use this weekly, and if I don't my skin will look duller. I've finished a whole tub of this. A WHOLE TUB!!! and I bought two tubs after, which I'm confident that I'll use to the last gram. Good thing that the product does not expire (I think)..

The only down side I see is that it clogs the drain in my bathroom sink. So I have to use the kitchen sink OR pour hot water on the bathroom sink after washing the clay from my face to avoid clogging the drain. But overall, I love this! And I will probably be using this continuously.

HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!! <3 <3 <3