Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 4/27/2017 2:28:00 PM

Ok, I've used this for about a month now so I figured it was time to review.

I have combination non-reactive skin and get random zits/hormonal acne. With the use of this (currently every third day), I have noticed that my pores on my cheeks and nose absolutely look smaller and it seems to have helped reduce the appearance of random whiteheads. It is slowly seeming to even my complexion out a bit, which is more than I can say for most of the chemical peels I've tried and pretty much everything else under the sun. It's not something sudden, at least for me, but it's a very gradual process that does seem to be getting better with time.

I mix with ACV only, which doesn't seem to irritate my skin, which I know others had problems with. One of the tips I read on amazon was that when you go to remove it, put a warm heated washcloth over your face for about 30 seconds to loosen the clay, then use that to gently rub the mask off. Let the washcloth dry out overnight and crackle the clay out in your grass or whatever, so you don't get it down in your drain, then wash it like normal. Works like a charm! Also, I use the super soft baby washcloths instead of regular ones because they're gentler on my skin.

on 4/9/2017 10:42:00 PM

Ordered on Amazon, took some time to arrive. I have been using this product for over a year now and can really say it works! I mix it 1 tbs to 1/2 tbs apple cider into a mask and leave on for 30 minutes. It dries and cracks and then I really feel the pulsating feeling people talk about. I wash off with warm water and a wash clothes and it exfoliates like no tomorrow! My face will be red for the rest of the evening but with a good overnight cream my skin is great the next morning. It has reduced my oily skin, black heads and pimples. I stopped using it for two months and all those things came back. Will continue to use, also because you get such a huge container.

Completely transformed my skin!! Please use with ACV and not water for beat results. If you have bad skin, use it every day at first and you will notice results within a week. Then you can use it weekly and the eventually less and less!

on 3/6/2017 8:54:00 PM

I am a bit torn about this mask. First the pros - it definitely works for me. I have oily, non-reactive skin and the main concern I have are sebaceous filaments (oxidized oil trapped around a hair follicle/pore) on my t-zone. They look like blackheads, but are different. Anyway, this mask is the only thing that immediately rids me of any appearance of the little black oily dots. The effect stays around for about a week and then I have to do the mask again. Since my face will continue to make the oil and some of it is good and necessary, I accept that the temporary effect of the mask is as good as it's going to get with any product.

The cons are numerous however. The mask is very harsh and drying, especially if you mix it with only ACV as directed. I can never do straight ACV on my face, so I always dilute it with 50% water/50% ACV, it still works and even diluted is very harsh.

It is also very drying, despite the fact that I have very oily and non-reactive skin, on occasion, I felt like it depleted my moisture barrier too much, as I experienced stinging even the next morning.

It smells bad and is very uncomfortable to wear. It smells like ACV and dirt, which is basically what it is. As it dries, there is a very intense pulsating feeling, which I find very uncomfortable. It also stings most of the time it's on and it pulls your skin very tightly, so much so that it slightly distorts my face (especially around the eyes).

It takes a long time to dry and is hard to wash off.

Despite the many cons, I still make myself use this mask every 7-10 days or so, because not having the little black dots on my t-zone is worth it to me. However, if you are sensitive or have delicate skin, I would be very cautious using this.

On a final note, I see suggestions of adding honey to it for a more moisturizing effect. It's true, if you use honey in the mix the mask will not be nearly as drying, but for me, the honey prevented the mask from drying it out properly and pulling out the oil out of my t-zone and it was rendered essentially useless.

Clogs sink. Stings and makes skin so tight while drying. Didn't improve skin at all

on 3/3/2017 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

amazing product, I use this on my face and my back, I have back acne and over the years it left me with scars. I felt insecure about wearing anything that shows my back and I keep my hair long. I was breaking out badly at one point and had to do something so after hearing reviews I bought this and omg it's a god send. I use this with apple cider vinaged once a week on my face and back. I also use this clay mixed with yoghurt, honey, turmeric and leave it in the fridge and use it every second day on both my face and back for 20 minutes. I think the yoghurt helps clear my scars but now I have no more back acne and no pimples on my face. Now just waiting for my skin to repair itself. I'll have to try it in my hair and see how that goes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

First, I should have done my homework in advance before I purchased this product. It's made of the same clay as cat litter!!! Ugh. Allegedly, it's the best reviewed product on Amazon, but the reviews are fake. Anyway, here is a funny article I found on this stuff and company. Who doesn't have a computer these days?

on 3/2/2017 2:57:00 PM

I have sensitive combination skin and am constantly trying new products to find "the one" to help with problem areas and still hydrate my dry, flaky areas. I purchased Aztec Secret a while back because of all the amazing reviews and because I believe in all natural products. First off, in order for it to work you need to combine it with Apple Cider Vinegar and secondly, it gets messy! Although my skin felt clean after, it was very drying and made my flaky areas even worse. It also has an unpleasant smell that I had a problem with. Facials are supposed to be healing, fresh, like a DIY at home spa treatment. No secret here, I think you get what you pay for which is a cheap product touting amazing results that wasn't a winner for me.

on 2/19/2017 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying so many prescription creams etc that didn't work for me I decided to go with a more natural alternative. I bought this after reading rave reviews basically everywhere. I have comedonal acne as in closed comedones, tiny bumps everywhere which are very difficult to get rid of. Many reviewers that had the same problem as me said that this has helped them get rid of it, and i figured it wouldn't hurt to try, but i was wrong.

I've used this quite a lot, I would say more than 15 times. I mix it with organic ACV (with the mother in it) so it turns into a paste like texture, I then leave it on for like 15-20 min, until it dries. The first times I've used this I kinda understood the hype, after washing the mask of, my face was red as a tomato, but after the redness faded my complexion looked so much better, my skin was more even, pores were smaller and I had somewhat of a glow afterwards. But as far as the closed comedones go it was a disappointment, maybe because my expectations were really high, I thought this would help clear them or at least draw them to the surface, but it didn't do any of that. I still kept using it though, maybe once or twice a week, I wanted to give it a fair chance, I thought maybe it requires more frequent uses to make a difference, I mean hundreds of reviews can't be wrong.

During the time I used this the most I noticed I was getting more and more closed comedones, so i started to cut products that I suspected, moisturisers, serums etc. I introduced a lot of new natural products at the same time which in hindsight wasn't the best. I didn't stop with the aztec mask right away, I really thought it couldn't be because of the mask, it was supposed to get rid of the bumps not cause them.

Anyways I stopped using everything basically, only using hemp seed oil as a moisturiser, after a while my closed comedones were slowly but surely getting better, I definitely wasn't getting any more of them. So at this point i decided to reintroduce the mask into my regimen (I still didn't think it could be causing the problems) and after a few days I noticed at least 10 more closed comedones on my chin and jaw area. So I think it is safe to say that this was the culprit. It unfortunately didn't work for me, personally. The cons definitely outweighs the pros, the closed comedones takes forever to go away and nothing seems to work to get rid of them. I gave the rest to my sister, she has a completely different skin type and it seems to work just fine for her. We are all different, just because it works for a lot of people doesn't mean that it will work for all people, unfortunately.

PROS:
inexpensive (5 dollars at iherb)
tightens my pores
brightens and evens out my skin tone
made my skin feel clean and smooth right after
lasts forever (I've used it a bunch of times and its still almost full)

CONS:
caused closed comedones on my skin
difficult to remove
made my skin really red after (fades after 30 min but still)
very drying (moisturising after is a must)
messy and can clog your drain
smells bad (not unbearable but not pleasant)
uncomfortable (pulsating feeling)

In conclusion, if you are prone to closed comedones beware, this might make your skin worse.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Live this stuff. It sucks out oils on your face. I suggest keeping it longer than 20mins so maybe 30mins. Then wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth and then moisturise. Skin feels fresh and renewed. Try it. Def something to try :)