Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

3.9

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 9/14/2018 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using the product for over a year now and I decided it's a good time to write a review. I believe this product works exceptionally well at cleaning pores and pulling stubborn zits to the surface, which overall speeds up the pimple process. I believe the key is to try putting the mask on areas that need more attention. I use the mask like a spot treatment and use it twice a day on pesky pimples. You really see a difference after using the mask - the contents of the pimple is pulled up to the surface and creates a bump that was previously within the skin. I find that makes blemish spot treatments more effective when applying them right after the mask. I always mix the mask with apple cider vinegar.

I also use the clay mask on my eyebrows. I like a more fuller looking brow, so I let the mask sit on my brows while I put it on my skin. I find the pulsating properties of the mask to increase blood circulation and promote hair growth.

Overall, it's an annoying process to continually mix the clay with apple cider vinegar, and yes it can be painfu, but you can make a thinner, diluted mask to combat that. I personally feel that the pros outweigh the cons.

Also, just a small thing to consider. My skin has a tendency to be quite fragile and get broken capillaries easily. If you are the same and have areas on your face that have a tendency to have broken capillaries like the nose, make sure to not leave the mask on too long or avoid those areas altogether. The pressure of the mask can create more broken capillaries if you aren't careful.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

First, I should have done my homework in advance before I purchased this product. It's made of the same clay as cat litter!!! Ugh. Allegedly, it's the best reviewed product on Amazon, but the reviews are fake. Anyway, here is a funny article I found on this stuff and company. Who doesn't have a computer these days?

on 2/22/2016 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It is my first time to use the product. I have sensitive dry skin but i do not have pimples. I found the product interesting as it has many good claims on youtube about skincare.
First, i mixed an oatmeal with water and mixed the water of it to a clay powder. I was heaitant to use the AC vinegar coz of my skin sensitivity.And with some rosewater from burt's bee just to make a good consistency of the mixture. Apply applying and as it dries on my face, i could feel some stinging, minty and itchy feeling as well as the tightening too which actually so hard on your face. After few minutes, I rinsed it with warm water and the oatmeal mixture left, i used it on my face instead of facial soap.Then wallah! Though my face turned red but not that really bad, i found my skin smooth, clean and fresh.Then i chased with my serums and moisturizer. I love the product and will continue till i will be able to see its progress on my beauty journey. I believe that this product can do so much on my journey to anti aging too.
I recommend you to try this. Patience is a virtue anyway.
After 1st use, i saw result on me.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using this stuff for years and I love it! I use it about once a week and my skin feels totally detoxed and tight and new. It is a little drying though so you can't use it all the time, once a week is perfect for me but I have oilier skin, for other people once every two weeks might be better.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool

I loved this!

on 5/6/2011 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This stuff is the BEST. You can mix it with anything, and it always works c:
I mix mine with ACV, baking soda, and whatever essential oils i have laying around! dirt cheap, and it's my HG mask

on 7/28/2007 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Would not recommend for dry skin. I recently had a facial and the aesthetician said any clay masks will dry out already dry skin and she did not recommend them. It's nothing negative about the mask itself, it's just you may want to check out more hydrating masks if you have dry skin and in addition maybe use a glycolic product. That may help remove any gunk in the pores (along with a gentle scrub a couple times a week). I ended up giving this to a friend who says she has oily skin. I'm curious to see how it works out for her.