Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by age: 19-24
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 9/14/2018 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using the product for over a year now and I decided it's a good time to write a review. I believe this product works exceptionally well at cleaning pores and pulling stubborn zits to the surface, which overall speeds up the pimple process. I believe the key is to try putting the mask on areas that need more attention. I use the mask like a spot treatment and use it twice a day on pesky pimples. You really see a difference after using the mask - the contents of the pimple is pulled up to the surface and creates a bump that was previously within the skin. I find that makes blemish spot treatments more effective when applying them right after the mask. I always mix the mask with apple cider vinegar.

I also use the clay mask on my eyebrows. I like a more fuller looking brow, so I let the mask sit on my brows while I put it on my skin. I find the pulsating properties of the mask to increase blood circulation and promote hair growth.

Overall, it's an annoying process to continually mix the clay with apple cider vinegar, and yes it can be painfu, but you can make a thinner, diluted mask to combat that. I personally feel that the pros outweigh the cons.

Also, just a small thing to consider. My skin has a tendency to be quite fragile and get broken capillaries easily. If you are the same and have areas on your face that have a tendency to have broken capillaries like the nose, make sure to not leave the mask on too long or avoid those areas altogether. The pressure of the mask can create more broken capillaries if you aren't careful.

on 7/9/2018 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE THIS CLAY MASK! It literally made my skin's condition so much better. My skin is now smooth, soft, supple, glowing, clean and minimized my pores. I use raw, unpasteurized, unfiltered, with the mother apple cider together with it and fizzes right up when mixed and using plastic utensils to stir the clay I use a brush to apply it to my face and leave it on until it dries and cracks. The pulsating effect is real here and feels very satisfying, tightening of the face kinda hurts but very tolerable. I use it 2x a week and sometimes more when my skin is breaking out, dull-looking and stressed. This is the greatest clay mask I have ever used. MUST-HAVE guys! and definitely worth the hype!

on 6/6/2018 7:55:00 AM

I have acne-prone skin and a very oily T-zone, the rest of my face is normal. Acne has been my major skin issue since forever. I bought this mask online after discovering Lush's mask of magnaminty. I love that mask, but it's quite expensive so I started looking for a more affordable one, then I came across Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. It's more expensive in Europe than in the US, I think I paid about €22 for 0,5 kg. You really don't need a lot of clay though so this tub lasts forever.

My favourite way to prepare a mask is by using 1 plastic coffee spoonful of clay (those spoons you often find in a pack of coffee), 1 coffee spoonful of apple cider vinegar, two drops manuka essential oil and then I add a bit liquid honey. I get a smooth paste every single time. This mask always improves the condition of my skin. I always use it at night and my skin is so much better when wake up the following morning. My pimples have disappeared or are reduced, my pores look cleaner and my skin is less oily and really glowy and soft. I use the mask once or twice a week, I leave it on for 20 minutes and yes my skin is flushed once I wash the clay off, but the redness fades fairly quickly. I also put an old piece of cloth on the plughole of the drain so the bits of clay don't clog it.

This mask is amazing for people who suffer from acne prone and oily skin just like me, though I agree that this may be too potent for people with dry skin. Definitely get this if you have oily skin and acne, this face mask blows all other, expensive and high end masks out of the water and it's 100% natural and free of any harmful chemical ingredients! If you want the mask to be gentler for your skin, add more honey to the mixture, if you want to give your skin a thorough treatment, forget the honey and let the clay suck all of the dirt and sebum out of your pores!

I only can confirm what everyone is raving about: This stuff gives you a better skin condition.
What I achieve by using this 5-6 days a week:
- glowy, smooth skin (that wasn't possible before)
- bye bye pimples (this takes about 3-5 uses to get rid of them)
- extraction of whiteheads works like a charm now (you still have to use tools to get them outta your pores, though)
- no dryness, less oily skin
- less need of concealer/foundation because skin gets better and better (yessss, I can focus more on my eyes and lips now)
- confidence rises.

The price is amazing! I could imagine an expensive brand charging about 50$ for being the same product.

I recommend using raw apple cider vinegar. Apply a thin layer (I use 2.5m l/ 1/2tsp of the powder and 2.5ml / 1/2tsp of apple cider vinegar) and remove when you have enough of it or til it's dry everywhere where you applied it. A medium or thick layer needs more product, more time to dry and is harder to remove. So it's true, use less, win the most!

PS: Nardo Visgo has an amazing set for measuring spoons: their 10-Piece Thickened ABS Plastic Measuring Spoons/Cups Set on amazon. I bought it with my own money, without recommendations or codes (yes, this ain't an ad). I even bought it another time after a week.

on 5/17/2018 2:29:00 AM

I use this mask at night around 2 times a week with ACV & leave it on till its fully dry which takes around 45 mins, I then remove this with a warm wet face cloth.

First impression is that once I wash this mask off my face is bright RED and dry, my pimples look irritated and when I use toner (Son & Park Beauty Water or rose water) it stings all over. Though miraculously when I wake up the next morning my skin looks lush, much more brighter and 'glowy' as opposed to the days I don't use this mask, the redness is completely gone, my skin feels really soft and my pimples are smaller; though this mask only helps me with those slightly larger painful pimples, whiteheads & those annoying stubborn small spots on the forehead, this does not in the slightest help with blackheads. I have noticed that scaring from acne goes much quicker although I wouldn't put all credit into this product but into the moisturiser I use after I use this mask (rosehip oil). This mask is very very drying you have to use a moisturiser afterwards, I did the mistake of not doing this at first and woke up with my nose peeling & some dry areas on my cheeks.

I have used this for over a year, I really recommend this product to anyone that wants a powerful treatment against acne. I have no pimples now, I just get the occasional one around my time of month which is fine as after using this product it will disappear within 3 days or so. I wish this product came with a plastic scoop though since I almost always make more than I need.

on 4/29/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Huh. My niece and I tried this out recently and I don't really see what the buzz is about.

You mix equal parts water with this clay powder, and all I have to say is that it's easier hand-whisking egg whites to stiff peaks than mixing water with this stuff. You'll get pellets of powder that refuse to make an even consistency.

With it on - I don't know? It feels like wet mud, which it basically is. After rinsing it off, my skin felt dry and tight - which isn't a plus for my already dry skin type. Definitely had to moisturize immediately after.

This product is skippable.

on 3/11/2018 3:29:00 PM

This product feels SO GOOD! I love how tight it makes my face feel. I love how soft my skin feels after. I love how clean my face feels after. I really have to put this in my top 3 favorite face masks. Add this to your weekly routine. I really recommend it. It is so cheap too. One thing I will say tho is please make sure you use apple cider vinegar. Also when your face turns red after don't worry, it's normal. Love this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I only tried this product because of the hype it was getting. It was sold out everywhere but I managed to snag myself one tub.

The first few times I tried this (I used ACV and leave it on for at least 15 minutes), I didn't see much difference. I felt my face pulsate when the mask was on but I didn't notice anything different the morning after. I was still hopeful because of the reviews it got online. So I basically wanted it to work soooo bad. I started out by using it every day for 4 days then switched to twice a week. I'm on my third week now, and the other night, while I had the mask on, my face felt SOOOO itchy! It was unbearable. The mask has only been on for like 12 minutes but I couldn't take it anymore. When I rinsed it off, my face was super red. There were red patches all over. I figured it will go away eventually but the next morning, I woke up and my face still had the ugly red patches. It seemed like my pimples were irritated :( Until now, I can see red patches, although they're lighter now. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen but I'm now scared to use it again.

I wanted for this product to work its magic on me, but I think I'm done trying.

So far so good. My skin felt SO smooth after. I mixed it with slightly more than equal parts ACV. You only need very little powder. The trick is to put it on before you shower, then it comes off really easily. The only thing is, it tightened the skin around my nose and lifted it so while I was using it my nose looked like a piggy nose!!! Did this happen to anyone else?

on 11/4/2017 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a nice mask: cheap and effective! I wouldn't repurchase because I literally do not think I will ever finish this tub. I mix this with equal parts powder and apple cider vinegar (smells horrid) but this dries quickly to the point where my face won't move. I scrub this off with a washcloth and my skin is left smooth and squeaky clean, as well as donning what looks like a fresh sunburn. I don't think this really DEEP cleans the pores (nothing will touch the ones on my nose) but my skin does feel nice and smooth afterwards. My skin has stayed relatively clear, but I'm not sure I can attribute that entirely to the mask but more so to the creams and serums I apply afterwards. I think this is too harsh to use daily, so I normally try and use it twice a week or so. Overall, a good buy for a good price.