Revlon Luxurious Lengths

Revlon Luxurious Lengths

2.9

on 7/6/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hmmm...Revlon has never had particularly great mascaras, but I would put this as one of the better ones, the best Revlon one for me is the double-wanded one. But anyway, the brush is really confusing. Not an on-the-go mascara, I only get my achieved look if I spend a good five minutes applying, combing, curling, and applying again. This layers pretty smoothly, even if the mascara is dry. But since there are so many better mascaras out there -- wouldn't buy again.

Yuck. This brush was just so weird, just horrible. I don't know what's up with all of these weird mascara brushes lately, but they just don't work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a very difficult mascara to apply. My lashes are already somewhat long and thick, so I need to be careful with mascara so I don't look too made up. This made my lashes look nice...not too much product on my lashes. It require combing with a lash comb because the brush can be difficult to operate. The shorter end is good for applying mascara to the bottom lashes though.

on 6/17/2009 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

discontinued....This did add length but the brush is not good at seperating the lashes so you really have to work at it for the lashes not to stick together...would be ok if you use a comb seperator for the lashes...smudged below my eyes..

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara and I did not like it I used it once and threw it away...it was really clumpy and weighed down my eyelashes...would not buy again...

on 10/2/2008 4:45:00 AM

This has got to be my worst mascara EVER. It doesn't curl nor lengthen, and it flakes like MAD. Shame on you Revlon :(

on 7/10/2008 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

While this mascara has not QUITE been a HG for me, so far, I've found it to be second only to Maybelline Full and Soft in the many, MANY different drugstore mascaras I've tried over the years. In fact, the formulation of Revlon's Luxurious Lengths is quite similar to Full and Soft overall, but whereas Full and Soft is mainly designed to give the lashes greater fullness (hence the name!), Luxurious Lengths is more designed to provide length, which is what my own lashes really need.

The wand for Luxurious Lengths takes some getting used to. It is full on one side and flat on the other--the package explains that you are supposed to use the full side first to build length and curl, then switch to the flat side to add additional color and intensity as needed. Generally, I have found this to work for me, but it's still a little tricky. I have found that I have to sort of position the flat side at the bottom of my lashes and then twist the full side around them to get the best effect. This little bit of effort is worth it, though, as it definitely adds length to my notoriously short, stubby lashes and even a bit of curl as well. The effect is very natural--again, just as Full and Soft builds natural-looking volume, Luxurious Lengths builds natural-looking length, not spiky long lashes.

Like I said, I don't think this is quite a HG product. I did take off one lippie for the difficulties in using the wand--I also feel the need to wipe off the excess product, something I don't have to do when I use Full and Soft. However, I do find that the mascara works well with no clumping. Overall, I've been fairly impressed with this product, as it has given me the length I desire, and I would purchase it again.

on 7/4/2008 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This works for me. I have very, very hooded eyelids, where my lids sit on my lashes, unless I get scared :) and this does not smudge off onto them. This makes my lashes long, not too thick and they do not feel hard. I aim for a natural but enhanced look. I have it in blackest black and it is not waterproof.

on 4/23/2008 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I'm on the fence with this one. The formula is one of the dryer ones I've used. The brush has thick bristles; short on one side and longer on the other. The packaging is appealing, on the elegant side.
Product application: Very little volume or length. Not truely clumpy but definate baby clumps. I have this, as most of my mascaras, in waterproof. For such a natural look, in waterproof, this will only get play time on overnighters at the BF's - when I want a lil umf to my 'no mu' look. Otherwise it might work well on lower lashes for a bit of length without heavy thickening.
Would not repurchase for my needs but would recommend for others with good, tamed lashes needing just a bit of color.
BigLots about 2-3bucks.

this is one of my favorite mascaras! it darkens, lengthens, volumizes and stays on with out flakes or smudges wonderfully all day long! i highly recommend it to everyone.