REVLON Luxurious Lengths

REVLON Luxurious Lengths

2.9

on 2/15/2006 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well, I'm kind of up in the air about this one. I did think it was totally cheap compared to what I figured it would be, and for the price, it's not bad. But it doesn't do anything that it claims to do. It lengthens a tiny bit, but not dramatically. I think this might be my everyday HG, but I'm still looking for a lengthening + volumizing that really does what it claims and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.
Also, I've read that you're supposed to use the short bristles first and then the long side, but I find that I get more volumizing if I use the long side first, then the short. Maybe if I put like 15 coats on, switching bristles each time, I can get it to look like the commercial, haha!

on 5/2/2006 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG mascara. By far, it is THE best mascare I have EVER used. It lengthens my not so long eyelashes and gives them such fullness and definition! After I apply it, it looks as though I have twice the eyelashes that I had before I applied it - and they curl!! I absolutely love this product and I can not rave about it enough, and I have tried a LOT of different mascaras. Will definitely repurchase this one - and if it goes on sale, i'll buy 5!! lol!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

At this point I neither hate this product or love it. I've used it two days now after using a really crummy mascara for the last 2 months because it was a natural product, and it gave me extrememly natural results. I didn't like it, but got used to it. So now that I'm using this and seeing at least a difference I'm pretty impressed! No, it doesn't deliver the results I once got with Maybelline's Illegal Lengths (for a while anyway) but I can tell a difference using the two different sides, with the longer bristles I get a BIT of definition and separation, not really any lengthening. And when I use the flat side I can definitely see it add color and a tiny bit of thickening, nothing substantial. Again, I've been using a mascara so natural that I might as well not have worn anything at all, and with this at least I get some visible results so I'm happy.

**EDIT 8/12/06** OK I am so finished with this junk. Yeah it worked fine for about a week and every day after that it flakes horribly (usually not a problem for me) and my lashes look almost bare within an hour. I'm guessing because they are, most of product ends up under lower lashes! Now I know why they call it racoon eyes. In the trash it goes.

on 9/18/2006 12:48:00 AM

there is nothing luxurious about the length this mascara gives you, which is nonexistant. worse than that is the brush which is the most annoying brush i've ever used. half of it is supposed to add volume and the other is supposed to lengthen - why can't revlon make one shape that does both why do i have to do all the work? like i already said: annoying.

on 10/10/2006 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used. It's really ironic that they actually named this product "Luxurious Lengths," because it doesn't lengthen AT ALL. The brush, as other reviewers have noted, is weird and ineffectual. Run, do not walk, to another option.

on 1/6/2007 1:39:00 PM

I really, really like this mascara. This and L'Oreals Voluminous are my favorites out of all that I have tried both end and drugstore. With Luxurious Lengths I find that I do not even have to curl my lashes. My lashes bare I would say are short to medium length... and with 2 coats of this I get long, full, curled upwards lashes. In my pics I have on here with me in the short sleeve black sweater I am wearing this... and it really does make my lashes look long and full. My co worker always askes me what I use on my lashes and she went out and bought some and now she uses it all the time. I mostly used the side with the longer bristles and if I want extra dramatic I do a 3rd coat and use the short side to build of more color and fullness. I have actually been using this daily since it first came out... I have probably gone through 6+ tubes of it so far. I have not had any problems with smudging, and the only time I have a problem with flaking is when the tube dries out... but that happens with any mascara that is drying up... it will flake. I will certainly buy again.

on 5/9/2007 10:26:00 PM

I loved the results I got with this mascara. I got long defined lashes and they didn't get crispy are hard. Had no experience with clumps and found the brush to be helpful in seperating, lengthening, and defining. But I think my eyes are allergic to the mascara cause they were itchy ( I did everything in my power not to itch my eyes) and looked in the mirror and I had racoon eyes. I know I am allergic to L'oreal mascaras but i guess my eyes are sensitive to revlon's too :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my everyday mascara, in blackened brown. It is a complete pain in the ass to use, but I like the effect. I have naturally long, dark lashes. It does make them much longer, somewhat thicker and just more defined, but not unnaturally so. It's not a dramatic mascara.

Every time I read reviews about other mascaras like Voluminous or Diorshow or even Lash Exact I'm always like, "what is this, some enchanted mascara? You don't have to wipe off the brush, apply once, sweep across lashes horizontally, apply from the tip to every single lash, apply again from the top of the lashes, wipe down the lashes from clumps, wipe all the smudges off your eye lids, then wipe everything off your hands? What magical land does der Zaubermascara come from?"

Maybe with another brush it would be better. Or every package I've bought was past due. I consider it my "special needs" makeup tool. There are so many better mascaras out there, it's kind of like in 5th grade when I told my friends I liked the Monkees better than the Beatles. Obviously I'm embarrassingly wrong. But I just really like the lengthening effect without looking like the sleepy-eyed fringe on a drink-and-wet doll baby.

on 12/2/2007 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this on sale for 5$ and decided that for this price I could give it a try. It is an okay mascara. Nothing fantastic tough, it gives a very natural look. It does add length but not as much as advertised. It didn't last as long as most mascaras, however, because of the brush, it made no clumps at all to my lashes, and was light enough to reapply and still have a good look. It you already have long and thick lashes or just want something natural, this would be perfect, but for me, it is not dramatic enough.

on 12/9/2007 8:46:00 PM

Great for days when you don't want to look like a wooly caterpillar crawled into your eyelids and died like the models in all the mascara commercials.