REVLON Luxurious Lengths

REVLON Luxurious Lengths

2.9

on 1/15/2006 8:52:00 AM

Finally a review on my favorite mascara. I am so happy I tried this. This is my favorite drugstore mascara. Perfect IMO. A HG for me for sure!!!!!!Lengthens beautifully with the perfect amount of volume so you don't have spider lashes. A great new find.

on 1/16/2006 9:37:00 AM

So, this is essentially the same exact mascara as Almay Triple Effect, what with Revlon owning Almay and all. Same ingredients, same brush, different tube. This holds up wonderfully well to my habit of piling on consecutive coats. It does not smudge, it does not clump, it does not flake. Takes a few coats to get that fringe, but a fringe you get, no spikes, no spiders. My lashes are weightless with this on and it removes in a flash with no residue. This is the brush, formula and effect that YSL Longueur Intense was trying for but all it managed was $20 extra and a nice, if silly, rose scent. Take a look at my Almay review for more info.

on 1/18/2006 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my new favorite d/s mascara. The only one I've found that doesn't make my super straight lashes droop. No flaking or smuding and i LAYER! It provideds substantial length (very comparable to the stupid priced dept. store mascaras), not a lot of thickness but it doesn't make them any skinnier like others, and it gives a little curl also. Lashes are not brittle like a lot of lengthening mascara's will do. This is just a great overall mascara for the effect I'm looking for. I'll take length over volume so this is my pick.
UPDATE: COVERGIRL BEATS THIS FOR LENGTH AND SEPARATION AND EASE OF USE....

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I usually look for a thickening mascara or something with volume, but this is a great surprise in the lengthening category. I picked this up on an impulse and really love the formula and now prefer it to Fabulash, which I've been using for months. I agree with the reviewer who noticed that it does not give the spider-leg or lumpy lash appearance that lengthening mascaras can sometimes do. It lengthens and actually lifts/defines my lashes more so than Max Factor's Lash Perfection (whose formula flakes and smudges - yuck!). I like the wand, though it takes some getting used too (one side is flat and the other like a regular brush). Retails for $5.99 at Target and I would re-purchase.

I purchased this black mascara when it was displayed as a new product in Walgreens. At first I really liked it, then began getting lots of clumps when applying. One of the problems is the brush and the formula dries out fast too.

on 1/26/2006 7:08:00 PM

Always on the lookout for a great mascara, I will try anything once. My lashes stick straight out, they are sparse, hard to curl, and short. So no matter what mascara I try, it takes a bit of work to get anything to show. Let alone get lush long thick lashes. I saw this new mascara by Revlon on a display at a drugstore and caved on it. I bought Blackest Black. I'm not sure that it's any blackier than any other black, but it isn't the shade that has me impressed. The wand is unusual in that one side of it has very short bristles, and the other side has longer bristles. So you can apply the mascara with the short side and then brush through it to remove clumps and even it out with the long side. I was able to build respectable length with this. I would say if you have nice lashes to begin with, you can get even more out of this product than I did. I did not try it with a lash primer yet. I may do that. But all of this is fine, and I was pleased. And then, at the end of a 16 hour day, the mascara held up perfectly, and the best part, the part that will have me repurchasing, is that there is absolutely no flaking whatsoever with this product! Yes! No flakes! I am stunned. Just to see if that would hold up even longer, I did not remove the mascara when I washed my face that night. Next morning still no flakes. I'm amazed. I've never really found a mascara that does not flake until I tried this, and I've tried more than I can count. I will repurchase. Thanks, Revlon, for a superb product!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

wow! i decided to try this (like so many things) based on the good reviews here. this really does lengthen--i was kind of dubious about the brush, but it does neatly and evenly coat each lash, so there is No Clumping. the flat side i assumed would undo all the neat work the first side had done, and clump it all up--but instead it just darkened and slightly thickened. this is not the most thickening mascara ever, but it does thicken. it does best what it says, though--it lengthens, and it does it without clumping. for around $5, this is awesome.

on 2/8/2006 12:44:00 PM

I'll admit that I was suckered by the adverts. Unfortunately, I found this to be a very mediocre mascara. I have used the Almay version of this (One Coat Triple Effect) and though they have approximately the same brush (short bristles on one side + long bristles on the other, though the Revlon brush is slightly curved), I preferred the Almay, and that one's not exactly a favorite of mine. I found the Revlon formula to be very dry and hard to work with--it was 'light' and barely seemed to coat my lashes with the first stroke. Despite the name, this mascara did not lengthen my lashes very much at all, (despite the 50% additional length claims), because the bristles somehow couldn't coat the invisibly fine tips. It did add a bit of volume near the roots, thanks to the short bristles, but not that much at all (despite the 50% thicker claims). This didn't make my lashes stiff or crunchy at all, but it also did not hold a curl very well (despite the 50% curvier claims). Not too much clumping, no flaking or smearing, and the packaging is great--very classy and understated, but I won't repurchase Luxurious Lengths. This might work well for you if you have half-way decent lashes to start out with, but it just doesn't do it for my super-fine Asian ones (NB: I think we of the sparse-lashed persuasion do best with mascaras that are over-the-top dramatic on normal-lashed people, like Maybelline Volum Express or Lash Stylist.) continued >>

on 2/9/2006 10:58:00 PM

Okay, I am still looking for my HG drugstore mascara. I really like Max Factor Lash Perfection but am having a really hard time finding it. (Apparently Target & Walgreens are no longer carrying it., which is why I am trying out new ones. I refuse to pay too much because I really don't wear it that often. After reading some of the reiviews here and finding this on sale at Target, I decided to try it in the Blackest Black. This really did little to define my very sparse lashes even though it's their darkest shade. I agree it doesn't flake but it doesn't lengthen or thicken either. In fact, I don't believe it is any better than Maybelline Great Lash which I am also unimpressed with. I really don't care for the flat side of the brush on this either. I will finish the tube, but I won't repurchase.

on 2/11/2006 9:35:00 AM

So far this is one of my top drugstore mascaras. I try every new one that comes out to hopefully find my HG. I think this is my favorite msacara so far. I don't know if it is the only mascara I will ever buy, as I am in search for that perfect lash, but I really like it. It makes my lashes long and soft without a lot of volume (which is what I prefer.) If this is what you like in a lash it is a good one to try. Not a dramatic mascara but a good everyday.