Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown age: 18 & Under
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this Cleanser yesterday and I used it twice along with persa gel 5. The first time was with persa gel and the second was on its own. I'm a teenager so I know that this works better for younger skin. However I did get a really bad break out from waxing a part of my face and my cheek had a bad break out. This stuff along with the gel drastically reduced the appearance of pimples and smoothed out the area that was broken out. I have the normal to dry version even though I have combination to oily skin. I saw the oily skin version but I thought I just get this one and it didn't do anything to harm my skin thus far. I wanted to write a review though I only had it for a day because I did not expect to see results in less than 24hours. If you have a bad break out or a teenager I would say give this a go. Also I don't think this is strong enough to remove makeup so don't try to use it on its own as a makeup removing Cleanser because I highly doubt it would work

on 4/21/2014 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great, gentle cleanser for the skin! I use this on my face and body, and it cleanses and softens without leaving an annoying scent or residue. Since it's gentle, you could use this cleanser on a baby and have no problem. I've been using it for as long as I can remember!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this. its gentle and leaves my skin so soft and smooth with out over drying it. defenatly buy if you are looking for a gentle yet affective cleanser

on 1/3/2014 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I really like this cleanser. It's very gentle on my sensitive skin and doesn't dry me out at all (unlike the Cetaphil daily facial cleanser). I wish it was good for makeup removal... but honestly I didn't really expect it to be. Gentle cleansers don't usually do a good job of that. But other than that I have no complaints about this product and I will continue to repurchase :)

on 8/21/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This cleanser is very cheap and very gentle. It doesn't foam and isn't harsh on skin. If you have acne I would suggest using it with a benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid treatment but I won't use it again because its kinda drying ! Try it out first !

on 5/26/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this after I've read all the great reviews on makeupally. I first really liked it because it wasn't drying and had a gel like consistency. It didn't keep my acne at bay, but it didn't cause me to have red bumps all over my face which happened with the past 3 cleansers I previously tried. It worked well, but it wasn't amazing. I wanted to try something else, but was afraid that if I did it would screw up my skin. I was stuck. I eventually went on to try something else which I was happy I did. If you have dry and sensitive skin I think it works well. If you're trying to get rid of your acne I would suggest a different product.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i bought this because of all the hype and was very pleasantly surprised. I bought the one for dry to normal skin although i have oily skin and after the first use i noticed my skin felt smoother and more moisturized and i have used it for one month now and have used it wet and dry (prefer dry) it has calmed my skin down and is so nice and gentle that i can use it many times a day and it wont dry my skin out. the only thing i didnt like was the amount you have to use (a lot more when you are using it wet). i am addicted :D

on 9/10/2011 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this product a long time ago and i really like it. It didn't dry out my skin and my skin never felt irritated. But unfortunately, when i washed my face it didn't feel like it was clean, i could still feel a lot of oil still on my face and my face didn't feel fresh. I also didn't like how it didn't lather, it just felt like i was rubbing gel on my face. It also didn't help my acne at all. I recommend it for people with sensitive skin that don't have acne but for people who do have acne it won't help at all. Even though i like it, it still had a lot of cons that i didn't like so i don't think i will be repurchasing it any time soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I liked almost everything about this cleanser. It's simple, gentle and it gets highly recommended by everyone, including dermatologists. There's just one problem: this breaks me out. I don't know why, and its really frustrating. I regret buying this, but I think my reaction was just a fluke. A lot of people love this stuff, acne-prone and very dry skinned people alike rave about it. Le sigh... why couldn't it have worked for me?!