3.5

$10.08 on iHerb
Shop Now

Reviews

13 days ago

Mild cleanser, does not foam up. Able to clean face well. Has a slight weird scent to it. Personally prefers foaming type, so will not buy again.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

19 days ago

This is a cleanser that took me time to fall in love. I like how it cleanses without causing the skin to feel tight. However, I find a non-foaming face wash less gratifying than a foaming one. Here's a list of its pros and cons based on my experience: What's Great? 1. Gentle & Soap-Free 2. Cleanse With Or Without Water 3. Effective In Removing Natural Face Sebum 4. Cheap If You Get The Largest Bottle What's Bad? 1. When To Stop Cleansing? 2. Flaky & Patchy Skin Did Not Improve 3. Can It Wash Off Oil-Based Products? 4. Dull Packaging You can read full review and product recommendation at http://bit.ly/2saXOhq. Hope this would help someone in her beauty purchase.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

2 months ago

i started using this thing yesterday and the following day after i noticed a few pimples on my skin that were not there before so i wouldn't recommend this to just anyone.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

from

3 months ago

This has become my non-foaming cleanser of choice. I`ve started on sensitizing my skin to retinoids by first doing a year+ of Adapalene/Differin, then switching to Tretinoin. My skin has adapted well, but it is definitly drier and needs a lot more TLC. At first I tried the CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser, also a non-foaming face wash that claims not to disturb your skin barrier. Well, it`s ironic because for me it had the complete opposite effect: it felt like I was pouring sulfuric acid on my skin every time I used it. I don`t know what is in that thing, but my skin is pretty sturdy and has never reacted like that to anything, including much harsher salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide cleansers. In fact, even though CeraVe claimed this was a non-foaming cleanser, I could clearly see suds from this when I rinsed my face. I use it only on my chest now, but even there it feels burning, like I am applying a mentholated product. The Cetaphil cleanser is HG for me: it is truly non-foaming, gentle and it cleanses really well without dryness or irritation. As someone who wears sunblock and make-up, this is strictly a second step cleanser for me: first I use an oil to break up the makeup and sunscreen, rinse, then come in with the Cetaphil for a deeper clean. It is perfect and I am glad to have finally found a great, non-irritating second step non-foaming cleanser. Will always repurchase.

About reviewer (880 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

3 months ago

Be aware: it softens, but it doesn't hydrate, so if you are looking for a remedy for dry skin, this is not a product for you. Or me. My 46-year old skin is transforming from being sensitive combination with a very oily T-zone (and somewhat dry cheeks) to turning more and more dry. It was with a heavy heart I realized I had stop using my beloved Clinique facial soap 2 (mild), which I have been using since I was a teenager, but it is becoming too drying now. So I decided on trying Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser because I really want as few ingredients as possible in my skincare routine in order not to irritate my sensitive skin. I did not like it. Yes, it is mild. Yes, I had problems with taking off foundation and sunscreen with it. And no, it did nothing for my dry skin. On the bottle, it says "softens as it cleans", and although that is correct, it does not hydrate. Instead, the surface of my skin was soft, but after a couple of days became even dryer than before. Very dry. Like parchment. So dry to the point that I actually had to use Eucerin Aquaporin soothing skin balm as facial night cream. So no, I do not recommend this. At least if you are looking for hydrating cleansers.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

3 months ago

I bought a 125ml bottle of this cleanser to try out. I had seen many great reviews so I had high hopes. When I tried the cleanser for a couple of months my skin progressively got worse. Little bumps on my forehead started forming and my skin looked dry and worn out. There were many dry and irritated patches that just would not go away. At first I thought my moisturiser was the problem but I looked into the Cetaphil cleanser ingredients and there was sodium lauryl sulfate listed, which is an irritant that can strip you face of its natural oils. Once I stopped using it for a couple of weeks my skin gradually improved. Definitely not gentle or for sensitive skin.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium Brown

HairBlack

5 months ago

Uses this every night and almost every morning with Clarisonic Mia 2 brush as part of my cleansing routine. I bought Clarisonic original cleanser for years but this is better and MUCH cheaper. Feels good on my sensitive and sometimes dry skin.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0
from

6 months ago

Always left my skin extra dry. I have mild, sometimes moderate type 2 rosacea, think little pustules on the cheeks. My skin is dry, but surprisingly not that sensitive. Anyways, I have tried this cleanser several times over the decades and it always leaves my skin tight and dry. It may be gentle, but it’s not at all hydrating.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

8 months ago

I love this cleanser for my porous skin that is very prone to breaking out. My dermatologist recommended it to me a while ago; and insisted that I stay away from expensive products for cleansers. This really works wonders.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

This is a mild and gentle cleanser that I've come to like a lot over the past year. I dont have any issues with it removing my makeup but I also take my time to massage this in thoroughly and use a muslin Face cloth to remove it before rinsing it off. I never leave it on without rinsing. This doesnt leave my face tight or strip it dry but one problem (in our house anyway) is that this is a Sodium Lauryl Sulfate based cleanser even though it doesnt foam so my daughters cant use it. SLS cleansers give them a rash. The foaming version however is not SLS based and they use that with no problems. Something to consider if you're sulfate sensitive but otherwise it's a nice affordable cleanser.

About reviewer (276 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral