3.5

$10.08 on iHerb
Shop Now

Reviews

20 days ago

I like this cleanser, but only for morning use. I don't find that it removes oil based makeup very well, despite the claim it does on the packaging. It doesn't compete with my all time favorite cleanser - Cerave Foaming Cleanser. I'm just a sucker for that foamy feel. Overall I'd purchase it again, but only to use during the AM.

About reviewer (450 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a month ago

I love how simple this cleanser is! It feels gentle and after washing my face does not feel thight at all, but also very clean and comfortable. I know it contains sodium lauryl sulfate and that this is an harsh cleansing ingredient you should generally avoid. I've heard people say this is basically handsoup + fatty alcohols, but I don't care because it just workes so great. The SLS is low on the ingredient list so maybe something in the low amount of it and the combination of ingredients together makes the product gentle and effective. To be honest, I never had a very expensive cleanser to compare with, always drugstore brands (but I always did research on the ingredient list of a product before buying), so maybe I just don't know better. But still, I think a cleanser has one job and that's cleaning the skin, so why should it be expensive?

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

a month ago

My husband is terrible at using skin care but has happily used this twice a day since he received it. He enjoys that it doesn’t have a fragrance & that it hydrates his skin nicely, especially after shaving. I will definitely purchase it for him when it runs out, it’s a great price point.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

a month ago

I used this product now for a little over 2 years, and I have to say that I am pretty satisfied with it. It does a good job at removing makeup however I prefer a foaming cleanser. I haven't tried it yet but I will do it soon. Because I love the Cerave foaming cleanser which is my favorite so far and I am happy to test the Cetaphil as well. If you are looking for a gentle cleanser that won't harm your skin you could definitely check the video out. Not sponsored and I included a full demonstration on how it removes normal makeup. https://youtu.be/ZjlD_jnRPp0

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3 months ago

Mild cleanser, does not foam up. Able to clean face well. Has a slight weird scent to it. Personally prefers foaming type, so will not buy again.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 months ago

This is a cleanser that took me time to fall in love. I like how it cleanses without causing the skin to feel tight. However, I find a non-foaming face wash less gratifying than a foaming one. Here's a list of its pros and cons based on my experience: What's Great? 1. Gentle & Soap-Free 2. Cleanse With Or Without Water 3. Effective In Removing Natural Face Sebum 4. Cheap If You Get The Largest Bottle What's Bad? 1. When To Stop Cleansing? 2. Flaky & Patchy Skin Did Not Improve 3. Can It Wash Off Oil-Based Products? 4. Dull Packaging You can read full review and product recommendation at http://bit.ly/2saXOhq. Hope this would help someone in her beauty purchase.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

4 months ago

i started using this thing yesterday and the following day after i noticed a few pimples on my skin that were not there before so i wouldn't recommend this to just anyone.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

from

5 months ago

This has become my non-foaming cleanser of choice. I`ve started on sensitizing my skin to retinoids by first doing a year+ of Adapalene/Differin, then switching to Tretinoin. My skin has adapted well, but it is definitly drier and needs a lot more TLC. At first I tried the CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser, also a non-foaming face wash that claims not to disturb your skin barrier. Well, it`s ironic because for me it had the complete opposite effect: it felt like I was pouring sulfuric acid on my skin every time I used it. I don`t know what is in that thing, but my skin is pretty sturdy and has never reacted like that to anything, including much harsher salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide cleansers. In fact, even though CeraVe claimed this was a non-foaming cleanser, I could clearly see suds from this when I rinsed my face. I use it only on my chest now, but even there it feels burning, like I am applying a mentholated product. The Cetaphil cleanser is HG for me: it is truly non-foaming, gentle and it cleanses really well without dryness or irritation. As someone who wears sunblock and make-up, this is strictly a second step cleanser for me: first I use an oil to break up the makeup and sunscreen, rinse, then come in with the Cetaphil for a deeper clean. It is perfect and I am glad to have finally found a great, non-irritating second step non-foaming cleanser. Will always repurchase.

About reviewer (916 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

5 months ago

Be aware: it softens, but it doesn't hydrate, so if you are looking for a remedy for dry skin, this is not a product for you. Or me. My 46-year old skin is transforming from being sensitive combination with a very oily T-zone (and somewhat dry cheeks) to turning more and more dry. It was with a heavy heart I realized I had stop using my beloved Clinique facial soap 2 (mild), which I have been using since I was a teenager, but it is becoming too drying now. So I decided on trying Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser because I really want as few ingredients as possible in my skincare routine in order not to irritate my sensitive skin. I did not like it. Yes, it is mild. Yes, I had problems with taking off foundation and sunscreen with it. And no, it did nothing for my dry skin. On the bottle, it says "softens as it cleans", and although that is correct, it does not hydrate. Instead, the surface of my skin was soft, but after a couple of days became even dryer than before. Very dry. Like parchment. So dry to the point that I actually had to use Eucerin Aquaporin soothing skin balm as facial night cream. So no, I do not recommend this. At least if you are looking for hydrating cleansers.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

5 months ago

I bought a 125ml bottle of this cleanser to try out. I had seen many great reviews so I had high hopes. When I tried the cleanser for a couple of months my skin progressively got worse. Little bumps on my forehead started forming and my skin looked dry and worn out. There were many dry and irritated patches that just would not go away. At first I thought my moisturiser was the problem but I looked into the Cetaphil cleanser ingredients and there was sodium lauryl sulfate listed, which is an irritant that can strip you face of its natural oils. Once I stopped using it for a couple of weeks my skin gradually improved. Definitely not gentle or for sensitive skin.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium Brown