Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

A gentle cleanser that does a good job at removing makeup without drying the skin. I've used it primarily as a facial cleanser and for my body in the shower, but it's not as practical for body use because it takes a lot of product. It's good for those times when your skin is going berserk from allergies, a breakout, a bad reaction to a cosmetic product, etc...
It is an excellent waterless cleanser, I have used it while minimalist traveling on the back of a motorcycle and would definitely consider taking it hiking because it can be rubbed into the face a bit to loosen up sunscreen & dirt/dust from travels, and wiped off with a dry washrag. However, a wet one works best - it is extremely refreshing at the end of the day when camp is set up and it's time to change into some fresh clothes after cleaning up yer nooks with a little of this cleanser. I have also heard good things from someone who used it on another who was bedridden and suffering from eczema because the patient reacted poorly to being cleaned with anything requiring water.
It is what it is - a basic no frills cleanser with some excellent uses, but it has no beneficial ingredients whatsoever. Anyone who is against products with parabens will be alarmed at the ingredients label (three different kinds are used) as this is a straight up all chemical product, nothing natural going on here. I put that I would repurchase it because I will seek out a travel size to use for travels, but as far as a daily facial cleanser, I have preference towards other products.

on 2/15/2017 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've gone through one bottle of this and now working on my second one, im starting not to feel so attached to this anymore. Up till college, my skin was always under the dry category and I shamefully can't tell for certain if my skin is oily or combination now.

I always use the "DRY" method of this product where i just wash my hands, shake off as much water as i can (don't towel because then your hands will be dirty again) and squirt like 20 cents of this product onto my palm, rub between palms and just massage it into my face. I feel like i get more dirt out and waste lesser product. If im all that lazy, i use this while waiting for my hair conditioner to set into my hair and i use the wet method.

I love that this does not dry my face out- some people loves that squeaky clean feeling of dried out face- but i love mine soft and supple and cool to touch which this doesn't always give me that feeling but atleast I know im not torturing my face with harsh chemicals.

It doesn't help much with blackheads and pimples but I never really did rely on this to help with my case in the first place so I'm not all bummed out. I contemplating switching to other brands after this bottle as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't use this product to remove makeup, just to wash my face, but as someone with acne who has just stopped taking medication it is one of a few products which have helped a lot with getting my breakouts under control! Leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh without making it feel dry or irritated. Nice for people with sensitive skin and a good value product to try out if you have acne.

So, I really actually like this product. I wear long-lasting foundation sometimes, but it's gotten rid of most of it, as far as I can tell. One thing I'd suggest to those who say it doesn't remove all your makeup, try steaming your face with a warm/hot washcloth first before using this. It'll open your pores and make it easier for the cleanser to get all up in there, ha. I have combination, sensitive skin that generally gets SUPER duper tight after washing, but I haven't had any issues when I use this.

The only reason I'm giving it four lippies is because the ingredients- which include several parabens & other ingredients (propene glycol) which have been scientifically proven and/or suspected of being linked to a lot of health issues. :/ Sucks, because I really enjoy this cleanser. I will use this up & try to find another gentle cleanser, but I won't be repurchasing for these reasons.

on 2/6/2017 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Great for SUPER SENSITIVE bodies like mine. Just about every bodywash makes me dry and itchy, even those that are specially formulated for sensitive skin can cause discomfort. This is a cleanser for the face, but can also be used for the body. There aren't any suds, but it gets you clean and feeling nice.

I definitely need to do a review on this product. I've used this back and forth, and thought I was not impressed. However, undeniably this cleanser and this cleanser alone, has brought my skin back from 2 of the worst breakouts I've had. Am not sure why, maybe the simplicity of the ingredients, but it is hands down what has ended the cycle of my breakouts....the only thing I dislike is the fact that it contains parabens. Other than that, this is a perfect product...

on 2/5/2017 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this is a very gentle cleanser, it will not remove makeup and is probably better for those who have dry, itchy sensitive skin. It reminds me a lot of Cerave hydrating cleanser but I don't quite like this one as much. This is okay for a morning facewash if my face has very dry spots but often my face is not dry enough for it, I have more combo skin with a very oily t-zone. This certainly does not leave my face feeling clean, it actually feels like I added a light moisturizer after washing with this. 3.5 is a more honest rating. Likely will not repurchase as I am not finding I have much use for it.

on 1/13/2017 12:57:00 PM

I have used plenty of cleansers over the years but always find myself coming back to this one.

I have acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin. Finding a product that works for me gets complicated! In terms of acne treatment, I prefer to use a moisturiser or spot treatment instead of a cleanser geared for acne.

This cleanser does not irritate nor dry out my skin. The only downside is that it does not remove make-up well and does not leave your skin feeling clean.

I usually remove my make-up first, wash my face and then follow up with a toner.

Pros
-Fragrance-free
-Does not irritate skin or cause break outs
-Non-drying formula

Cons
-Can be a little pricey (Generics are available)
-Skin does not feel clean

on 1/6/2017 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have sensitive/acne prone skin, meaning: i always have at least one pimple going on in my face but despite that, quite dry and sensitive (getting red easy) complexion. I need a gentle cleanser that's not drying out my skin, and so I bought Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I was not happy with this product, would not recommend it to anyone actually... It just moves around on my skin and it's left feeling unclean and not cleansed at all. I would recommend this to someone who doesn't wear makeup, never have pimples, and very very dry skin.

on 1/5/2017 12:50:00 AM

I have sensitive skin, that is the reason I got this, but I dont like it at all, my face does not feel clean after this, I prefer my QV cleaner more, besides, it does not remove makeup at all. I normally use a makeup remover first, then my cleaner can get my whole face clean, but this one, cen not remove the rest left makeup....