Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

This seems to be the only thing that cleans well enough for me and doesn't dry my skin out. I have repurchased several times and will continue to repurchase.

on 7/20/2016 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have sensitive very oily skin with mild rosacea and this did not work for me. It didn't cause any major irritation, but it left my skin feeling stripped and a bit tight. I've found that for my oily skin it works very much against me to strip too much oil away. My skin will just overcompensate, exacerbating the problem. I've had a similar problem with just about any gel cleansers on the market and prefer to use cleansing milks or creams because of it. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but using a gentle cream cleanser keeps enough moisture on my skin so my skin doesn't try to replace what I've effectively stolen from it.

Obviously others have had a great experience with this. It could be worth a try if you have very sensitive skin because it did not aggravate any sensitivities for me, but I'd still spot test it anyway to be sure. What doesn't bother my skin might cause skin meltdown for another person.

To Read all 5161 Reviews, Login or Join

I love this cleanser. I have fairly sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it what so ever. I also suffer from mild acne and this has helped to clear it up dramatically. I would recommend this to anyone, because anyone can use it. Overall it is one of the best cleansers I have used in a while and I don't see myself giving it up anytime soon.

This stuff is amazing it really is I use this as a morning cleanser and it cleans really well and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or itchy, I haven't tried it at night though.

on 7/8/2016 7:03:00 PM

YESSSSSS. yes yes yes yes yes.
I love this so much. It was recommended to me by first my GP and then my dermatologist when I started down the road to accutane (roaccutane/isotretinoin) which should say a lot.

Pros:
-Lasts ages, and i use it twice a day every day without fault
-takes off any makeup missed with makeup remover
-non comedogenic
-great with very sensitive skin
-doesnt burn eyes
-has a pump so very sanitary
-doesnt leave your skin tight, dry or sore after washing

cons:
-more expensive than standard rugstore face washes (around £8), but for anyone suffering with acne, in the after stages of acne, on accuatane,with sensitive skin etc. this is perfect
-cannot use as a makeup remover - that is to say you need to use a product specifically for removing makeup first, this is more of a cleanser to remove left over impurities and excess oils

I freaking love it, have repurchased countless time (in fact i am about to order one of their massive bottles now).

BUY IT PEOPLE :D

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite ever!
I'm using this since I've done my skin problems with dermatologist and all I can say is this product works for everyone! So gentle and it doesn't dry my skin but you're better use it twice in the morning and twice in the evening because it's so gentle hahaha . It's really more than worth the price :)

My skin is ridiculously sensitive, so as I've been working to get a proper skincare system in place, my mom actually mentioned that this was what she used when I was a baby and had a rash on my cheeks, as recommended by my pediatrician. I picked up a bottle, and haven't looked back since. It cleanses my skin without drying me out too much (I have combination skin that ranges from super oily to flaky dry patches), and it doesn't have any sort of fragrance that irritates my skin or breaks me out.

All in all, I would definitely recommend. Face washes aren't on your face long enough to really do anything, so the price is also a huge bonus, so that I can invest in other steps of my skincare routine.

on 6/29/2016 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dry skin and this is the best cleanser I've tried, it doesn't dry me out, its so gentle and it cleans pretty good too. I dont use it to remove makeup though, I just use it in the morning and before bed. Im currently on my third bottle and im planning on repurchasing after Im finished with this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start off by saying that I was blessed with flawless skin until about age 20. I am now 22 and recently stopped taking BC because I was having bad side effects, and since then i've been experiencing a lot more break outs. Last week, however, was the worst break out of my life. I used one of those eyebrow razors to take off some peach fuzz on my face and had a horrible reaction the following few days. My entire jaw, chin, sides of my mouth, and upper neck broke out with red, painful pimples. I woke up to two or three new blemishes every day last week. I panicked, and ran to the drug store and bought a few clean & clear face washes/scrubs, which I must have over done because it only made the problem worse. Then I took to the internet and started reading about how Cetaphil had been used as a gentle cleanser and might help. I immediately ran out and bought two things- Garnier Micellar Water to take off my makeup (I had usually used wipes but I thought this might be better) and a huge bottle of Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I have been using the two products every day (with the occasional spot treatment) for about 5 days now and my acne has completely cleared up. I am so pleased with this product and love how it feels. Sometimes I wash it off, sometimes I pat it gently and leave a thin film on my face like the bottle advises. It has helped with the drying that the clean & clear scrub did to my face, cleans, and generally just feels good on the skin. Normally I do not like products that don't lather, but this one is a game changer for me.

on 6/16/2016 12:23:00 AM

I love this stuff. I have not had a dry patch or blemish since I started useing it nightly over 2 years sgo...It lightly moisturizes my face. I do a light water splash and pat dry with towel in summer, in the winter I use it twice. Once to get the makeup off then a quick rinse and a second time lighty massaged into the skin and wiped off with towel. It helps with the winter dryness and leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft. NO tight feeling as with some other cleansers and soap.