Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 8/23/2016 11:06:00 AM

This stuff is like rubbing watery lotion on your face. It doesnt remove anything and it leaves my skin so greasy that i break out. I dont know how its so popular.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin. I've suffered from severe acne in the past and it was just clearing up when I decided to try this. Bad decision. It made my skin red and tight and broke me out terribly. It is probably possible that I am allergic to an ingredient. If you have super sensitive skin, I would skip this product. Cetaphil has good products, but this one was disappointing.

To Read all 5174 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/18/2016 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this for three years already.
It doesn't break my oily skin at all.
I think this is suitable for everyone as a second cleanser after you've used foam or oil cleanser.
It cleanses as it moisturizes which is amazing!
I love using this in dry winter months because it make my problematic skin flawless!

on 8/4/2016 9:49:00 AM

Meh. There is nothing bad about this cleanser, nor is there anything good. I've actually gone through several bottles. It is very basic, and absolutely will not remove makeup so you'll need to use a separate product for that. I will say it's very gentle, doesn't sting the eyes or irritate skin, and is affordable (and you get a good amount). I just don't feel that it DOES anything - and not even anything extra per se, more like it doesn't do its ONE job very well. It also leaves a thin film on your skin post cleansing. Plus it's...boring lol.

Sidenote: I am sensitive to sulfates and SLS in this didn't cause any negative reactions. Try this if your face is very sensitive and you wear minimal makeup.

on 8/4/2016 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this cleanser and I just got my second bottle. I prefer to spend money on serums and oils than on a liquid that goes down the drain and does not actually do work on my skin.

So this Cetaphil product is basically all I want from a cleanser:
+ very gentle
+ very effective in taking off all the dirt and grime from the day, but it is not adept at removing make up (it is nevertheless not intended for that)
+ does not leave my skin feeling tight or dry
+ non-foaming
+ inexpensive
+ my best friend, who has been on heavy duty acne treatment (think 6% Benzol Peroxide in the morning and 2% Retinoid in the evening for months) uses this and loves it! Which proves that even the most sensitive and damaged skin can use it

I would even boldly compare this product to other more expensive, but not high-end, cleansers that I have tried including Merumaya, La Roche Posay, Avene, First Aid Beauty, and I dare to say that it does better job for my skin than those mentioned.

Some people have an issue with one of the ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Suplhate, but I personally don't and I think one should not be worried, because although it is considered to be an irritant surfactant, it is in tiny quantities in this cleanser, in fact less than 1%. But if you have experienced problems with this ingredient, just be aware of its presence.

Overall, this cleanser is an excellent value for money and a mild, yet effective product!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So far this cleanser is treating me well. I started breaking out in the beginning of the year, cystic acne and whitheads, and it's finally clearing up with the help of this stuff and my clarisonic. I use it in the morning and night. It keeps my skin balanced throughout the day. I still get an occasional spot, but it's nowhere as bad as it was in the beginning.

on 7/29/2016 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm a licensed Esthetician and have been using this product for 20 years on recommendation of a Dermatologist.

I have Rosacea but you can't tell at all. No sign of it. This cleanser is very gentle and keeps it at bay with zero irritation. It also keeps my skin super soft and doesn't dry it out.

Gigi

on 7/29/2016 12:46:00 AM

I have extremely sensitive skin and some dermatitis, purchased this product because I thought it was supposedly for those like me with skin issues. I was so wrong. I am shocked that a supposedly gentle cleanser would contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate when it is a known irritant.

on 7/28/2016 12:18:00 PM

I was very excited to try this cleanser. I used it for a week and I absolutely hated it. It leaves a residue on your face that you can't seem to wash off. It feels much too rich, like cleansing your face with a cream. It does a horrible job of taking makeup off.

I washed my face 2-3 times with this stuff and I still couldn't get it off. Had to use a toner TWICE to get the residue feeling off. The pump is nice though and the price is great.

If you wear makeup or don't have super duper dry skin, DO NOT USE!

on 7/25/2016 12:35:00 PM

I have very sensitive skin and so many people recommended this product to me so I was really excited to try it. But for some reason this cleanser just gave me horrible breakouts around my nose and chin even though I have very dry skin. I want to try it again to see if I have a better reaction this time around but my last experience left me scared to try any more Cetaphil products.