Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 12/11/2017 4:13:00 AM

I've been using this cleanser for over 10 years! I always go back to it because it's gentle and it works. It effectively removes make up and sunscreen, and doesn't leave my face feeling tight and irritated. That's evrything I'm looking for in a cleanser.
Sometimes if I want a deep clean, I'll pair it with the Dove bar soap for sensitive skin.

on 12/4/2017 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combination and sensitive skin- oily around my nose and cheeks near my nose as well. At the same time , my skin is flaky. I've tried numerous cleasers and they all seem to aggravate my skin. This cleanser is the only one that haven't caused my skin to be more flaky. However, i do have to wash my nose area up to 3 times to remove the oily feeling. Nevertheless, i love this product!

on 11/28/2017 4:03:00 PM

I bought this cleanser when I was going through a bout of adult acne. I was already taking antibiotics and using topical ointments on my acne so I didn't want to use anything chemical-laden on my face. It didn't really make my acne worse but it didn't help either. I definitely think I needed something stronger for my combination skin because it is far too gentle. I also didn't like its consistency...I sometimes felt like I couldn't rinse it off properly. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with combination or oily skin.

on 11/10/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this few years ago when my friend suggested it. At that time i had quite a lot of acnes. from my experience it is not cleansing enough, my face was left feeling oily afterwards. For people who have normal-dry face it would it good but for people like me who has oily-combination skin better find something else.

on 11/13/2017 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I always use this one.
I like it:)

it almost empty I have to
go buy it:)

on 11/18/2017 10:25:00 AM

Let me tell you all the truth about Cetaphil and Galderma products......the main ingredient is Petroleum aka Petrolatum aka Parrifium Liquidum. Its literally vaseline plastered on your face. I too was prescribed this product as well as the Galderma moisturizer, Nutraderm, by my Dermatologist! I just have to add, Cetaphil is crap for removing make up even after oil cleansing. I used it for many years and my skin was fine,until, I started getting really bad acne that just wouldn’t go away. I started researching the ingredients and found that Petrolatum is just a pharmaceutical grade plastic layer that is placed over the skin and basically stops your natural oils from evaporating ie. Suffocating your pores. I stopped all my Galderma products and opted for organic, natural skincare products. Then the crap hit the fan. My skins barrier practically stopped functioning because for so many years, my skin thought it was producing enough sebum because it did not evaporate so it basically underproduced sebum. So my skin became extremely sensitive and dehydrated. I started using the Dermalogica Ultra Calming range which focusses on repairing the skins own Barrier and not making it lazy. And I gotta say, my skin has never looked better. My acne cleared 3months after I stopped all Petroleum products on my face. My acne was caused by layers upon layers of suffocating plastic and my pores just needed to breathe! I have been using petroleum free products for 4years now and what used to be severely dry skin is now skin that only needs body lotion every other day. I still use Dermalogica on my face (because Natural face washes just don’t remove make up properly) and Organic natural body washes in the shower. They are filled with anti oxidants that rid your skin of free radicals which is a must.

on 10/22/2017 3:39:00 PM

Excellent product. I have combo dehydrated skin with it being oily in the summer. I’ve always used face wash that was for oily skin and in turn was over drying my skin making it oily but very dehydrated. To remedy that, I have started using Cetaphil and I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin. It has rebalanced my skin. I use it without water in the morning. I rub all over my face then use a warm wet face towel to remove. At night I remove makeup with a micellar water then go in with this. I will not be without this now.

on 11/5/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my second step cleanser. It’s so gentle just like the name says. My skin feels so good and hydrated after I use it; although, I do have oily skin. I also use it in the mornings to cleanse and again, it’s not drying. The pump dispenser is also huge plus for me. I’d definitely buy this again!
Update- CVS constantly has deals on Cetaphil, so another win for me!

on 10/22/2017 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I rarely review skin care or cleanser for that matter, but since I really didn't had a good experience with this product I thought I could leave my thoughts here.

I have acne pretty easily sadly, after seeing adds of this product and so many reviews of people enjoying it I choosed to give it a go.
I was extremely disappointed to say the least. I used it for more than 6 months because I really wanted to give it a solid try, but this product only gave me more acne and made my skin even more sensitive. After stopping using it I started to have less acne and my skin came back to normal.

So, maybe it's because I have a combo skin type that it didn't worked for me.
But over all I do not recomend it, and I wil certainly not buy it again!

Love Cetaphil Skin Cleanser! So gentle on me, and well priced given how big the bottle is. I have eczema and this is one of the only washes I can use. I've been a loyal Cetaphil user for over 4 years.