Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 6/21/2018 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One of my family members confused it with CeraVe when shopping. For me it did nothing extraordinary but I didn’t hated it also.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Too mild, did nothing but made my face oily. My acne didn't go away by using this cleanser, I don't understand how it helped a lot of people with their acne. I hate the texture of this cleanser, it just doesn't clean my skin, and it's too overpriced for something that does absolutely no changes to your skin! This would only work for those with very dry and acne free skin i guess.

For the life of me I do not understand why this is such a popular adored cleanser!? This cleanser contains the big bad wolf ingredient that all the natural and organic freaks like to point out all the time, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate! How contradictory are some people?

I am not a fan of it's gloppy texture, this is what one could call a lipid free cleanser although it contains one surfactant, SLS. It really is only suitable for a morning cleanse as it doesnt not foam at all and has no real cleansing ability, it can't even remove a full face of make up. Those who wear light makeup might like it but I just dont see what the issue is with this cleanser. Along with other overpriced Cetaphil products I don't see the big deal about this collection. For those who are truly sensitive and are looking for something more substantial in terms of both cleansing power and moisturisation, look no further than CeraVe. Much better formulas, decently priced and well tolerated. Both companies GALDERMA owns Cetaphil... CeraVe as of last year was purchased by L'Oreal Paris who also own Maybelline, Garnier, Lancome, YSL BEAUTY, Giorgio Armani, NYX, Skinceuticals, La Roche Posay, and so on.

Due to L'Oreal Paris's ethics and the unprofessional business tactics I won't be purchasing anything from their sub brand or anything associated with them, even Nestle. I encourage people to join me in boycotting both NESTLE and L'OREAL PARIS until they come to their senses and come clear on some sort of transparency with their selling tactics in China to animal testing.

Your are not worth it, all you are to these big buys is $$$$$$$$$!

on 6/4/2018 12:21:00 AM

An absolute fail for me. It's too harsh and drying for my normal skin. It burns like hell, makes my skin red and blotchy. Definitely not gentle for my skin.

I have normal/oily acne prone skin that is prone to dehydration and my skin overproduce oil when it is dehydrated. My skin also is very reactive to cleansers and this one gives me horrible acne and cystic acne. I am thankful it works for so many but it doesn’t work at all for me. I dont wear make up and this still feel very hard to rinse clean.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like this a lot and have already repurchased. I have rosacea so like to stay away from foaming cleansers. This feels like a lotion but washes off well, without drying out my face. It’s reasonably price me - £14.99 got me a ridiculously large bottle with a pump which is convenient and easy to use. I like that this is as plain as you can get but works well. No scent, no colour, no soap. This is my second cleanse after Body Shop camomile cleansing balm and my skin is lovely. Still red, but otherwise in good condition.

on 4/16/2018 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Do not buy Cetaphil sold for the Australian market it is absolutely terrible. Have tried it a number of times over the years, the Australian version always causes my normal skin to become extremely dry and irritated and sometimes has caused terrible rashes. It stings badly, sometimes burns, there is nothing gentle about this cleanser. I tried it on my face twice never again, the other times were as a body wash. I do not have sensitive skin. I have also tried it in the UK, and had no problems whatsoever. Cerave cleansers are far superior and cause no problems whatsoever.

on 3/8/2018 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My facialist warned me that this product has lots of fillers and parabens. I'm starting to care a lot more about my skin and the ingredients right now. I once tried Beautycounter because they are all natural, but some of the products don;t work as well. I tried Beauty By Design and it wa pretty cool because I was able to text with an esthetician and she matched me to a really great cleanser and moisturizer. They guarantee no harmful ingredients and natural skincare. It was def more expensive that what i used to spend, but now I know why sometimes you get what you pay for

on 2/19/2018 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very gentle. My sensitive acne prone face feels calmer and soothed when I use it. Unfortunately it gave me clogged pores. Now I am using it as a hair product to tame my flyaways because hair products usually break me out. I really wanted to like this product.

This is a lot of people’s HG. Not me. I’m in my late 20s, have small amount of hormonal acne, occasional blackheads, and stupid combo (dry/oily/sometimes both at the same time) skin. I was using harsh chemicals, then tried light chemical exfoliants. My skin didn’t get worse or better. It just sat in the same limbo as the last 7 years.
I didn’t want to drop $12 on a bottle of plain face cleanser, but reviews pushed me to. I bought the face wash and matching lotion. It is light to no smell, has an ok foaming if you want it to, and seems gentle (no burning). I don’t wear foundation 99% of the time, so I can’t say how it removes that, but it removes eye makeup with two washes. My skin didn’t feel very tight after using, but I still needed to use lotion. I only used it in my dry spots.
Woke up in the morning, entire face was an oil spill. Had to wash it instead of wipe it. Repeated this for the next month and a half/2 months. I’ve had some acne pop up that wasn’t hormonal. I have basically ditched the lotion for my old moisturizer. Sadly the moisturizer isn’t good enough for winter legs and hands. Even without the lotion, my face is left oily in a few hours. I’ve been pressuring my perfect skin SO and son to use it to wash their butts (or whatever boys do in the shower, haha). I don’t hate it, but it just doesn’t do anything remarkable. It barely does its job. Amazon had glowing reviews, should have checked MUA first!