Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 9/24/2016 7:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have combination skin that is very reactive and sensitive. I have used this cleanser on and off for the last two years (mostly on) and love it. I initially purchased it to use as a first cleanse at night after I had an allergic reaction to some detergent. Once I started using this cleanser my skin healed so quickly (this was after trying loads of others that didn't help at all), I massage it into my dry skin then remove it with a wet cloth, followed by a second cleanse. This combination really works for my skin and leaves it feeling clean fresh without drying it out.
Despite trying out other products I always come back to this one!

on 9/21/2016 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

If you have sensitive or dry skin, want a good product but don't want to spend crazy amounts this is The product to use....it doesn't dry out skin at all; if you have very oily skin it's defo still good but might be too gentle.

To Read all 5186 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really do like this product. My dermatologist recommended i use soap free products on my face after going on the accutane treatment for back acne, slight facial acne and scarring and generally way too oily skin. I used this in the oily skin before switching to this one, and while the soap in itself is non irritating, soft and clean, and leaving no obvious signs of drying like feeling or burning skin, i eish this did froth up more. It still worths very well but it almost feels like you're rubbing a moisturizer into your skin due to it not lathering up at all. This formalization is perfect, but if you still like a little lather in your soap free cleanser i would lean toward Qv's range of soap free facial cleansers.

on 9/9/2016 12:16:00 PM

This is a quality skincare product with an unbeatable price tag. My dermatologist recommended this years ago after placing me on Prescription acne medication, Retin-A, and products that were overly drying to my face. Most recently, after having my second CO2 Fraxel procedure at my PS, this was the product recommended for delayed aftercare treatment to best treat sensitive/post-procedure care. I'm always excited to try new skincare products but somehow seem to always return back to this as I believe it's truly the best!

on 9/9/2016 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very gentle cleanser and is great for oily and acne prone skin. Leaves my skin feeling very clean and soft. Would recommend to everyone.

on 9/8/2016 12:12:00 PM

I use it on my son who had eczema since birth. It is gentle and affordable. Kept his skin hydrated which helped the eczema problem a lot

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you want to wash and clean your face and has combination/dry skin, then i would recommend this product. I have combination (oily t zone and has dry patches on cheeks), super sensitive and acne prone skin. This cleanser is super gentle,it didnt break me out. It also leaves soft skin unlike other cleansers that leaves you with tight skin. I have tried other cleansers but i keep on coming back to this. I wouldnt use this to remove my makeup though since it wont do that job. I use bioderma or cleansing balms/cleansing oil to take off makeup. Highly recommended for super sensitive and normal to dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ive been using this for over the past year now.
Now to debrief, i have super sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. What a mouthful. But, i really like this cleanser. It's super gentle and leaves my face feeling moisturised and soft. The texture of it is quite watery and has no smell whatsover.

Only down fall is that if you are like me and tend to wash you face to get rid of your makeup, then this wont do it. You'll need to use a makeup wipe or remover and then use this cleanser. As this cleanser is super gentle, it won't take off heavy makeup. Additionally, if you're looking for a product that is going to help acne, then also keep looking as my acne is still, very much on my face.

If you have super sensitive skin, i would definitely recommend you to try this. I've used many cleansers that have claimed to be for sensitive skin but have left my skin in red blotches. However this one leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed.

on 9/3/2016 1:58:00 PM

i've been using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and their moisturizing lotion for years. The cleanser I use for my face (together with Clinique Redness Solutions Cleanser) and the moisturizing lotion for my body. My facial skin is n/o but fair with prone to rosacea flareups. They're not that often as they used to be as I use also prescription Metro Lotion as well. I use Redness Solutions Foundation on my cheeks only(but that's a different review altogether). I absolutely love the Cetaphil Cleanser. It is so gentle and soothing and leaves my face feeling soft and "normal", not tight. My dermatologist had recommended Cerave, but I tried it and prefer the Cetaphil. I hope they don't discontinue it.

on 8/31/2016 1:33:00 PM

This is bang on great for very dry or dehydrated sensitive skin. It's creamy, rich, gentle, soft and just lovely. It's probably the gentlest and most moisturizing creamy drugstore cleanser I have come across that would give me the best results. But make sure you are using this correctly. Because I think a lot of people misuse it and that causes a lot of complaints and bad reviews.
I have started using this as a second cleanser after taking my make-up off when I was on a high dose of accutane and my skin as incredibly dry, flaky and sensitive. This was a lifesaver. I had to use buckets because most of it would just get absorbed, sink right in and would act as a moisturiser. After I would pile it on enough I would rinse it off with water thoroughly (at least 10 times) and follow up with a moisturising or refreshing toner to take off the excess (this is important).
It not only moisturized and soothed my skin, it did not give me any breakouts, cured some of the irritation I have had on my eyelids and acted as the best nourishing express lip treatment I have ever tried!
But keep in mind that if you have oily or combo skin this would probably not work for you since it's extremely rich and creamy. If you have flakes, dryness, rosacea, dehydration or are on medication that dries up your skin severely - give it a go and it may save your skin.