Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 4/21/2017 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I don't get all the hype. I wish I did, because in theory this should work great for my sensitive skin. This is akin to dish soap IMO while not making my skin feel clean at the same time. It's just clear, blah liquid soap. Pass.

on 4/21/2017 12:35:00 PM

I have dry, sometimes sore and irritated skin so thought this would be a good choice as Cetaphil Cream is amazing for these conditions. Although this feels nice and soothing to use, it does not clean your skin very well. It definitely doesn't clean off makeup or foundation. After using this and then using a toner, I could still see a lot of makeup on the cotton wool ball. If your skin isn't cleansed properly you are just asking for more skin problems. As long as you are prepared to use a secondary cleansing product to remove makeup or oil build up, then this is a nice gentle cleanser to finish with. However, having to use more than one cleansing product on dry or sensitive skin is far from ideal, the less cleansing products needed the better!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This cleanser was ok. I wanted to give it a try because so many people have sworn by this and my skin seems to be dehydrated now that I'm in my late 20s. I wanted to find something that was gentle and hydrating for my face without leaving a greasy feel afterwards. This cleanser did the job of cleaning it but I felt that my skin still looked stripped after. It really didn't do too much for my face other than clean it and it did not leave a greasy feel. I would say that it is gentle and didn't cause any irritations. I tried the CeraVe Hydrating cleanser and I found it to be much better. My face looked much more hydrated and softer compared to this cleanser.

on 4/19/2017 2:47:00 PM

I only use this when my I am having breakouts for whatever reason. It really stops the breakouts and they seem to heal faster. However when I use it every day when my skin isnt acting up I find it very drying. I love the pump and rhe price is great as one lasts me forever only using it occasionally

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

• Lasts forever for the price.
• Leaves a film.
• Leaves skin soft.
• Never caused a breakout. Calms down my skin after a sweaty, bad food weekend.
• Does not feel satisfying on dry skin, even if it is soft.
• Not drying.

Stopped repurchasing because I want something with more skin-loving ingredients.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this cleanser. When I was growing up, I had (and still have) dry, sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts and used to have to get facials semi-regularly. Instead of pushing expensive products on me, the esthetician recommended I use this gentle, basic skin cleanser daily and save the money to spend on really good moisturizing products. I have been following this advice for ten years and it has never failed! Another great aspect of this product is that you can use it for your body, too, so you save extra $$ by not buying extra body wash.

The one thing I don't like about this product is that it's not highly rated by the Environmental Working Group (EWG.org) because it contains parabens. Although I have used this product for years, I'm currently on the hunt for an EWG-friendly dupe!!

on 3/14/2017 3:05:00 AM

I tried this 3 times. I just could not continue for more. I ended up using it as a hand soap. It does not clean at all. The skin feels greasy after use and the mascara of course is still going strong on the eyes. It does not even budge. It is a little nothing that somehow disguised itself as a face cleanser. Sorry but no.

on 3/2/2017 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this cleanser in the winter only (cold, dry, Canada) and in the mornings only. I was using the Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin both day and night but then I developed a nasty dry patch on my cheek. That made me decide to lighten up on the cleansing and use a gentler cleanser in the morning (and keep the stronger cleanser for washing makeup and a full day's grime off). It's made a big difference. My skin doesn't feel as dry anymore and looks more healthy, glowing (not oily/greasy though), and less dull. It might even be helping my acne since I know having too dry skin can sometimes cause more acne (skin can overproduce oil to combat the dryness). Either way, it feels really nice, almost like lotion, but my skin still feels clean, smooth, and soft after using it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

A gentle cleanser that does a good job at removing makeup without drying the skin. I've used it primarily as a facial cleanser and for my body in the shower, but it's not as practical for body use because it takes a lot of product. It's good for those times when your skin is going berserk from allergies, a breakout, a bad reaction to a cosmetic product, etc...
It is an excellent waterless cleanser, I have used it while minimalist traveling on the back of a motorcycle and would definitely consider taking it hiking because it can be rubbed into the face a bit to loosen up sunscreen & dirt/dust from travels, and wiped off with a dry washrag. However, a wet one works best - it is extremely refreshing at the end of the day when camp is set up and it's time to change into some fresh clothes after cleaning up yer nooks with a little of this cleanser. I have also heard good things from someone who used it on another who was bedridden and suffering from eczema because the patient reacted poorly to being cleaned with anything requiring water.
It is what it is - a basic no frills cleanser with some excellent uses, but it has no beneficial ingredients whatsoever. Anyone who is against products with parabens will be alarmed at the ingredients label (three different kinds are used) as this is a straight up all chemical product, nothing natural going on here. I put that I would repurchase it because I will seek out a travel size to use for travels, but as far as a daily facial cleanser, I have preference towards other products.

on 2/15/2017 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've gone through one bottle of this and now working on my second one, im starting not to feel so attached to this anymore. Up till college, my skin was always under the dry category and I shamefully can't tell for certain if my skin is oily or combination now.

I always use the "DRY" method of this product where i just wash my hands, shake off as much water as i can (don't towel because then your hands will be dirty again) and squirt like 20 cents of this product onto my palm, rub between palms and just massage it into my face. I feel like i get more dirt out and waste lesser product. If im all that lazy, i use this while waiting for my hair conditioner to set into my hair and i use the wet method.

I love that this does not dry my face out- some people loves that squeaky clean feeling of dried out face- but i love mine soft and supple and cool to touch which this doesn't always give me that feeling but atleast I know im not torturing my face with harsh chemicals.

It doesn't help much with blackheads and pimples but I never really did rely on this to help with my case in the first place so I'm not all bummed out. I contemplating switching to other brands after this bottle as well.