Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 8/29/2017 8:20:00 PM

Normal to oily skinned people, buy Cetaphil's other cleanser. For my normal skin, this gentle skin cleanser only works to move around the oil on my face, even in the winter time when my skin is the "driest."

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't even tell you how many times I've bought this cleanser! It's a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin and for people who can be irritated by harsh soaps and scents. It goes great with their moisturizer as well. Love this cleanser!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This cleanser is a light barely creamy cleanser that feels nice. It definitely gave me breakouts + a cystic one though (I rarely get), which is probably because it contains 3 different parabens, so I refuse to use it again. If you are acne prone avoid this at all cost.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A really gentle and great cleanser. Does not work for me because my skin is notoriously difficult, I find that most products break me out terribly but this gem works wonders for my friends with less finicky skin. For example, my best friend uses micellar water first to get make up off, then this and also uses it in the morning. Her skin that used to be dry and dull is now glowy and nice.

I know it's weird to review products for others but I know so many people for whom this works so well, I thought I just might :)

on 5/16/2017 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Used for years but decided ultimately it didn't do much in terms of cleansing or make up removal. (However it did remove nonwaterproof eye make up when used with a q tip). When I was oiler, I preferred Cerave foaming or Purpose to this. Now that my combo skin is drier and older, I prefer cerave hydrating, micellar water (currently using CVS brand version of Garnier pink bottle) or nearly natural unscented liquid glycerin soap. Note: MUA reviewer Eire1 (under the listing Paula's choice hydrating foaming cleanser) provided a suggestion to combine Cetaphil with Cerave, which I might try (since I have both). For eye make up removal, I use Bliss lid and lash.

on 5/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

This cleanser is great for my 'confused' skin condition right now - breakout, oily, dry, sensitive / red & sometimes itchy. I use this on a dry face in the morning & afternoon and wipe off with a tissue as it cleans so much better. Then I would use a stronger cleanser at night to wash every grime off before I go to bed. I think it's a great cleanser for people with "unstable/crazy' skin conditions. The packaging is really boring though, but it's def not a high priority for me at this time. I've just purchased a 2nd bigger bottle.

on 5/4/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great cleanser for my super sensitive, dry skin. It is much better than Clinique's Extra Mild Liquid Cleanser, which was too drying and caused my skin to itch. I don't wear any eye makeup and just a little tinted moisturizer/blush, so the cleanser removes that very well. It might not work well if you wore a full face of makeup.

on 4/21/2017 12:35:00 PM

I have dry, sometimes sore and irritated skin so thought this would be a good choice as Cetaphil Cream is amazing for these conditions. Although this feels gentle and soothing to use, it does not clean your skin very well. It definitely doesn't clean off makeup or foundation. After using this and then using a toner, I could still see a lot of makeup on the cotton wool ball. If your skin isn't cleansed properly you are just asking for more skin problems. As long as you are prepared to use a secondary cleansing product to remove makeup or oil build up, then this is a nice gentle cleanser to finish with.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this cleanser. When I was growing up, I had (and still have) dry, sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts and used to have to get facials semi-regularly. Instead of pushing expensive products on me, the esthetician recommended I use this gentle, basic skin cleanser daily and save the money to spend on really good moisturizing products. I have been following this advice for ten years and it has never failed! Another great aspect of this product is that you can use it for your body, too, so you save extra $$ by not buying extra body wash.

The one thing I don't like about this product is that it's not highly rated by the Environmental Working Group (EWG.org) because it contains parabens. Although I have used this product for years, I'm currently on the hunt for an EWG-friendly dupe!!

on 3/2/2017 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this cleanser in the winter only (cold, dry, Canada) and in the mornings only. I was using the Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin both day and night but then I developed a nasty dry patch on my cheek. That made me decide to lighten up on the cleansing and use a gentler cleanser in the morning (and keep the stronger cleanser for washing makeup and a full day's grime off). It's made a big difference. My skin doesn't feel as dry anymore and looks more healthy, glowing (not oily/greasy though), and less dull. It might even be helping my acne since I know having too dry skin can sometimes cause more acne (skin can overproduce oil to combat the dryness). Either way, it feels really nice, almost like lotion, but my skin still feels clean, smooth, and soft after using it.