Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would never use this product if I wore makeup that day. It does not remove makeup, but since the product is incredibly gentle, I use it after washing my face with my other cleanser, around my eyes, to make sure there is no mascara residue left. But even then, it doesn't do a great job. So, no... It's not great for my oily and somewhat problematic skin. It doesn't break me out, though.

However, I would only advise using this in the morning, when you don't have a lot of dirt on your face to clean. Don't ever only use this before sleeping if you wore the slightest bit of face makeup (concealer, blush, powder, foundation) during the day, because I doubt this product will remove it for you. Also, I don't enjoy the creamy texture of the cleanser, since it feels as if I am rubbing foamless shampoo on my face, with barely any results. For people who have oily skin, we usually need foam cleansers to get rid of all the built-up dirt.

This cleanser is too hyped up for what it is. It doesn’t cleanse properly! Even for winter months when I can’t use harsh cleansers, this is still too “gentle”. It 100% leaves all makeup and mascara still on. Even on a bare face, I get nose blackheads within days of using this because it doesn’t really clean well. Not sure who’d like this cleanser except people with extremely sensitive skin. Will not repurchase! There are better non-fragranced gentle cleansers on the market that clean. I use this to clean my cartilage ear piercing now.

on 11/28/2017 4:03:00 PM

I bought this cleanser when I was going through a bout of adult acne. I was already taking antibiotics and using topical ointments on my acne so I didn't want to use anything chemical-laden on my face. It didn't really make my acne worse but it didn't help either. I definitely think I needed something stronger for my combination skin because it is far too gentle. I also didn't like its consistency...I sometimes felt like I couldn't rinse it off properly. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with combination or oily skin.

on 8/29/2017 8:20:00 PM

Normal to oily skinned people, buy Cetaphil's other cleanser. For my normal skin, this gentle skin cleanser only works to move around the oil on my face, even in the winter time when my skin is the "driest."

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't even tell you how many times I've bought this cleanser! It's a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin and for people who can be irritated by harsh soaps and scents. It goes great with their moisturizer as well. Love this cleanser!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This cleanser is a light barely creamy cleanser that feels nice. It definitely gave me breakouts + a cystic one though (I rarely get), which is probably because it contains 3 different parabens, so I refuse to use it again. If you are acne prone avoid this at all cost.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A really gentle and great cleanser. Does not work for me because my skin is notoriously difficult, I find that most products break me out terribly but this gem works wonders for my friends with less finicky skin. For example, my best friend uses micellar water first to get make up off, then this and also uses it in the morning. Her skin that used to be dry and dull is now glowy and nice.

I know it's weird to review products for others but I know so many people for whom this works so well, I thought I just might :)

on 5/16/2017 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Used for years but decided ultimately it didn't do much in terms of cleansing or make up removal. (However it did remove nonwaterproof eye make up when used with a q tip). When I was oiler, I preferred Cerave foaming or Purpose to this. Now that my combo skin is drier and older, I prefer cerave hydrating, micellar water (currently using CVS brand version of Garnier pink bottle) or nearly natural unscented liquid glycerin soap. Note: MUA reviewer Eire1 (under the listing Paula's choice hydrating foaming cleanser) provided a suggestion to combine Cetaphil with Cerave, which I might try (since I have both). For eye make up removal, I use Bliss lid and lash.

on 5/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

This cleanser is great for my 'confused' skin condition right now - breakout, oily, dry, sensitive / red & sometimes itchy. I use this on a dry face in the morning & afternoon and wipe off with a tissue as it cleans so much better. Then I would use a stronger cleanser at night to wash every grime off before I go to bed. I think it's a great cleanser for people with "unstable/crazy' skin conditions. The packaging is really boring though, but it's def not a high priority for me at this time. I've just purchased a 2nd bigger bottle.

on 5/4/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great cleanser for my super sensitive, dry skin. It is much better than Clinique's Extra Mild Liquid Cleanser, which was too drying and caused my skin to itch. I don't wear any eye makeup and just a little tinted moisturizer/blush, so the cleanser removes that very well. It might not work well if you wore a full face of makeup.