Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This was literally the only face cleanser I could use during puberty. Everything else made my poor crazy sensitive, acne prone skin break out, flake, burn, etc. My skin has calmed down a bit since then, but this is still a go to for me. It is extremely gentle and my skin isn't unbearably tight post wash. (Note: I still use a moisturizer afterwards.) I wouldn't use it to remove makeup as it's a little too gentle. Definitely supplement it with an actual makeup remover or oil cleanser if you painted your face that day. For everyday use, however, I like it a lot.

on 4/16/2018 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Do not buy Cetaphil sold for the Australian market it is absolutely terrible. Have tried it a number of times over the years, the Australian version always causes my normal skin to become extremely dry and irritated and sometimes has caused terrible rashes. It stings badly, sometimes burns, there is nothing gentle about this cleanser. I tried it on my face twice never again, the other times were as a body wash. I do not have sensitive skin. I have also tried it in the UK, and had no problems whatsoever. Cerave cleansers are far superior and cause no problems whatsoever.

on 2/19/2018 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very gentle. My sensitive acne prone face feels calmer and soothed when I use it. Unfortunately it gave me clogged pores. Now I am using it as a hair product to tame my flyaways because hair products usually break me out. I really wanted to like this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would never use this product if I wore makeup that day. It does not remove makeup, but since the product is incredibly gentle, I use it after washing my face with my other cleanser, around my eyes, to make sure there is no mascara residue left. But even then, it doesn't do a great job. So, no... It's not great for my oily and somewhat problematic skin. It doesn't break me out, though.

However, I would only advise using this in the morning, when you don't have a lot of dirt on your face to clean. Don't ever only use this before sleeping if you wore the slightest bit of face makeup (concealer, blush, powder, foundation) during the day, because I doubt this product will remove it for you. Also, I don't enjoy the creamy texture of the cleanser, since it feels as if I am rubbing foamless shampoo on my face, with barely any results. For people who have oily skin, we usually need foam cleansers to get rid of all the built-up dirt.

This cleanser is too hyped up for what it is. It doesn’t cleanse properly! Even for winter months when I can’t use harsh cleansers, this is still too “gentle”. It 100% leaves all makeup and mascara still on. Even on a bare face, I get nose blackheads within days of using this because it doesn’t really clean well. Not sure who’d like this cleanser except people with extremely sensitive skin. Will not repurchase! There are better non-fragranced gentle cleansers on the market that clean. I use this to clean my cartilage ear piercing now.

on 11/28/2017 4:03:00 PM

I bought this cleanser when I was going through a bout of adult acne. I was already taking antibiotics and using topical ointments on my acne so I didn't want to use anything chemical-laden on my face. It didn't really make my acne worse but it didn't help either. I definitely think I needed something stronger for my combination skin because it is far too gentle. I also didn't like its consistency...I sometimes felt like I couldn't rinse it off properly. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with combination or oily skin.

on 8/29/2017 8:20:00 PM

Normal to oily skinned people, buy Cetaphil's other cleanser. For my normal skin, this gentle skin cleanser only works to move around the oil on my face, even in the winter time when my skin is the "driest."

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't even tell you how many times I've bought this cleanser! It's a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin and for people who can be irritated by harsh soaps and scents. It goes great with their moisturizer as well. Love this cleanser!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This cleanser is a light barely creamy cleanser that feels nice. It definitely gave me breakouts + a cystic one though (I rarely get), which is probably because it contains 3 different parabens, so I refuse to use it again. If you are acne prone avoid this at all cost.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A really gentle and great cleanser. Does not work for me because my skin is notoriously difficult, I find that most products break me out terribly but this gem works wonders for my friends with less finicky skin. For example, my best friend uses micellar water first to get make up off, then this and also uses it in the morning. Her skin that used to be dry and dull is now glowy and nice.

I know it's weird to review products for others but I know so many people for whom this works so well, I thought I just might :)