Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 18 & Under
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.7

This cleanser is ok but does very little to get rid of oil on your face i used it and at first my skin was okay i got one pimple but my sideburn area when i woke up was filled with acne crysts.

I used to hate this product. I thought it wasn't doing anything to my skin but when I started to do double cleansing, (The Face Shop Cleansing Milk as the first step) I thought I should use something mild for the second step so I bought this again. (I also use Epiduo to treat my acne) Now my skin feels soft and I rarely get acne anymore, I just have some acne scars left.

I 100% recommend this for people with sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use this product years ago as a kid when I first started washing my face. It never made me breakout and it did the job. But now that I'm older and my skin has become oily and acne-prone it doesn't do anything. My face was breaking out and I though that maybe I could switch up cleansers. I used this to wash my face and the day after I got weird bumps in between my brows and around my t zone. I didn't think it would be the cleanser cause it never did that before. I kept using it for 2 days and the cluster of bumps kept getting worse so I finally decided maybe it was the cleanser and i needed to stop using it. The bumps weren't pimples so it might've been some kind of reaction. Either way it didn't do much for me except give me weird bumps. It didn't prevent breakouts or get rid of them so I wouldn't recommend this.

on 1/4/2017 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Whoa! I've been looking for a good cleanser for my acne-prone skin. At first, i thought frank creamy face cleanser is the best cleanser, i've ever had, so when i ran out of the first bottle i decided to buy the second one. But it makes my face even worse with more painful acne all over my face. So i decided to stop using it. Then i found cetaphil, i didn't really think it's a good cleanser tho, but i tried it anyway and it's magical! Yay! It calms my acne although it doesn't feel like cleansing haha

on 9/21/2016 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

If you have sensitive or dry skin, want a good product but don't want to spend crazy amounts this is The product to use....it doesn't dry out skin at all; if you have very oily skin it's defo still good but might be too gentle.

on 4/23/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

A couple of years ago, I used to have bad acne simply due to puberty. I finally got control of it towards the end of seventh grade. When I had practically no zits, I decided to purchase this cleanser, and I absolutely LOVED it. I found that it really helped with my oiliness. However, I started breaking out a couple of months ago due to hormones, and I found that this cleanser wasn't treating my acne. I decided to try a new cleanser specifically for acne. I found that this really helped, however, I saw that my face was getting oily all of a sudden. I came to realize that my face was missing this product. I have since been using the acne cleanser at night, and this cleanser in the morning. This has helped my skin so much, and I am honestly so happy! It helps clean my skin in the morning of any oil or excess product from the night before. I recommend this product to anyone, no matter their skin type.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used this previously when I had combination oily skin, and I found that it didn't do anything for me. Now that I am on Differin, I have dry, tight skin. I use this in the morning and at night after I use mineral oil to remove my makeup. I found that in order to get the oil off at night, I had to wash my face two or three times with this because it is so gentle. However, I have no problems in the morning.

This cleanser is excellent for anybody who might be on medication that is making their skin very sensitive. It is not irritating at all, and cleanses my face properly.

on 11/24/2015 5:30:00 PM

I've been using this face cleanser as it was recommended by my dermatologist as I am on a acne treatment. Such a great cleanser. It doesn't irritate my skin or break me out. It does a great job of removing makeup and cleaning my skin. It doesn't dry me out either. It reminds me of a dermalogica face cleanser I use to use (and was $70 a bottle).

on 7/24/2015 8:46:00 PM

This just sits on top of the skin. I used half just to get the whole vibe and ew, a waste of 10 bucks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this Cleanser yesterday and I used it twice along with persa gel 5. The first time was with persa gel and the second was on its own. I'm a teenager so I know that this works better for younger skin. However I did get a really bad break out from waxing a part of my face and my cheek had a bad break out. This stuff along with the gel drastically reduced the appearance of pimples and smoothed out the area that was broken out. I have the normal to dry version even though I have combination to oily skin. I saw the oily skin version but I thought I just get this one and it didn't do anything to harm my skin thus far. I wanted to write a review though I only had it for a day because I did not expect to see results in less than 24hours. If you have a bad break out or a teenager I would say give this a go. Also I don't think this is strong enough to remove makeup so don't try to use it on its own as a makeup removing Cleanser because I highly doubt it would work