Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.6

on 1/6/2017 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have sensitive/acne prone skin, meaning: i always have at least one pimple going on in my face but despite that, quite dry and sensitive (getting red easy) complexion. I need a gentle cleanser that's not drying out my skin, and so I bought Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I was not happy with this product, would not recommend it to anyone actually... It just moves around on my skin and it's left feeling unclean and not cleansed at all. I would recommend this to someone who doesn't wear makeup, never have pimples, and very very dry skin.

It is not a bad cleansing product, but it contains paraben, which is known to have some health risks. I would propose more natural cleansers here - http://micellarwaterworld.com .

on 8/23/2016 11:06:00 AM

This stuff is like rubbing watery lotion on your face. It doesnt remove anything and it leaves my skin so greasy that i break out. I dont know how its so popular.

Needed a cleanser desperately that didn't dry out my skin so I gave this a go! The Cetaphil removed all of my makeup, and left my skin feeling soft and not stripped. I also used a toner afterwards, but noticed that there were no traces of makeup left, so I am thinking it's great without the toner as well. I used to prefer foaming face washes, but after switching to PC, I have found I much prefer the texture of these non-foaming gel cleansers, they clean the skin without stripping every available drop of moisture! In Love!

on 2/17/2015 9:53:00 AM

This is a horrible cleanser does nothing. The consistency is horrible too gloopy and has little to no foam . I have combination sensitive acne prone skin this did not clean my skin I still felt not clean. Even caused my face to become over dry it started to product more oil,breakouts, blotchy redness and dulls the complexion.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This totally dried out my skin... I know it works well for a lot of people but it eft my skin feeling very tight and dry.

on 3/24/2014 1:19:00 AM

This is my HG cleanser. I have tried so many high and lower end cleansers and virtually all of them irritated my skin in some way. This product comes in a pump bottle which I like for the obvious hygienic reasons. One pump is all I need to cleanse. I don't expect this product to remove eye or face makeup, I just use it to cleanse. It has no fragrance and has the consistency of a very runny cream-gel. It does not foam I just gently massage it in small circular motions after wetting my skin. After rinsing with water, my skin feels clean and fresh. I have normal to slightly dry skin and I have been using this exclusively for close to seven months. This soap-free cleanser seems to soothe my skin. I have very mild rosacea (flushing when I use a fragranced product or one with irritating ingredients). I bought a 16 oz. pump bottle for approximately $12 and I will repurchase again and again.

This has lots of good feedback, and i like it!

This is a cleanser that is too gentle for my skin. It is most beneficial when my skin has been washed from my make up and I want a light rinse. I would not purchase this product, has not help much with my acne. I was recommended it by my dermatologist, but unfortuately it was too weak my my cystic type of acne prone skin.

on 1/10/2010 12:06:00 AM

After years of trying to fight acne with all sorts of "maximum strength" type products, I finally realized that all those chemicals were acerbating the problem instead of fixing it. Now I try to keep my skin regimen as gentle as possible, and my skin is infinitely happier.

Cetaphil leaves my face feeling clean, calm, and refreshed, without stripping away any natural moisture. I use it after first removing my makeup with jojoba oil, which then washes away with the cleanser.