Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by age: 25-29
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was on the hunt for the perfect cleaser. I have normal/dry skin and live in a very dry climate, so most cleaners somehow are just too drying because it is a temperate desert here. Had a cleanser that I got in NY that worked beautifully there but dried me out once i got home.

This one of the few cleansers that does not make my skin feel tight after wards, and thats cool. I liked it at first. And then the break outs started. I have pretty clear skin naturally. I get the odd pimple, sometimes two or three. But never 10+ at a time.

And then I looked at the ingredients - WHO PUTS SLS IN A "GENTLE" SKIN CLEANSER?
Anyway, Sodium lauryl sulfate is really comedogenic and I don't need it on my face.

on 8/4/2018 2:51:00 PM

I love the packaging. It has a pump that shuts and opens. I love that it doesn’t cause acne. It’s pretty safe when it comes to PH as well. Not too drying. I have been using it for years. I use as directed on the back of the bottle. I do not wet my face first. I apply it, rub, then rinse off. I tried using it without water and I became itchy after awhile. I like this for body and face and use the same method. What I don’t like about this is that it can be drying, but I have not found anything else that is less drying. I continue to use it!

on 6/24/2018 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I hate this so much it broke me out and made my face so sensitive!! Full of bad ingredients doesn’t even clean

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This was literally the only face cleanser I could use during puberty. Everything else made my poor crazy sensitive, acne prone skin break out, flake, burn, etc. My skin has calmed down a bit since then, but this is still a go to for me. It is extremely gentle and my skin isn't unbearably tight post wash. (Note: I still use a moisturizer afterwards.) I wouldn't use it to remove makeup as it's a little too gentle. Definitely supplement it with an actual makeup remover or oil cleanser if you painted your face that day. For everyday use, however, I like it a lot.

For the life of me I do not understand why this is such a popular adored cleanser!? This cleanser contains the big bad wolf ingredient that all the natural and organic freaks like to point out all the time, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate! How contradictory are some people?

I am not a fan of it's gloppy texture, this is what one could call a lipid free cleanser although it contains one surfactant, SLS. It really is only suitable for a morning cleanse as it doesnt not foam at all and has no real cleansing ability, it can't even remove a full face of make up. Those who wear light makeup might like it but I just dont see what the issue is with this cleanser. Along with other overpriced Cetaphil products I don't see the big deal about this collection. For those who are truly sensitive and are looking for something more substantial in terms of both cleansing power and moisturisation, look no further than CeraVe. Much better formulas, decently priced and well tolerated. Both companies GALDERMA owns Cetaphil... CeraVe as of last year was purchased by L'Oreal Paris who also own Maybelline, Garnier, Lancome, YSL BEAUTY, Giorgio Armani, NYX, Skinceuticals, La Roche Posay, and so on.

Due to L'Oreal Paris's ethics and the unprofessional business tactics I won't be purchasing anything from their sub brand or anything associated with them, even Nestle. I encourage people to join me in boycotting both NESTLE and L'OREAL PARIS until they come to their senses and come clear on some sort of transparency with their selling tactics in China to animal testing.

Your are not worth it, all you are to these big buys is $$$$$$$$$!

This is a lot of people’s HG. Not me. I’m in my late 20s, have small amount of hormonal acne, occasional blackheads, and stupid combo (dry/oily/sometimes both at the same time) skin. I was using harsh chemicals, then tried light chemical exfoliants. My skin didn’t get worse or better. It just sat in the same limbo as the last 7 years.
I didn’t want to drop $12 on a bottle of plain face cleanser, but reviews pushed me to. I bought the face wash and matching lotion. It is light to no smell, has an ok foaming if you want it to, and seems gentle (no burning). I don’t wear foundation 99% of the time, so I can’t say how it removes that, but it removes eye makeup with two washes. My skin didn’t feel very tight after using, but I still needed to use lotion. I only used it in my dry spots.
Woke up in the morning, entire face was an oil spill. Had to wash it instead of wipe it. Repeated this for the next month and a half/2 months. I’ve had some acne pop up that wasn’t hormonal. I have basically ditched the lotion for my old moisturizer. Sadly the moisturizer isn’t good enough for winter legs and hands. Even without the lotion, my face is left oily in a few hours. I’ve been pressuring my perfect skin SO and son to use it to wash their butts (or whatever boys do in the shower, haha). I don’t hate it, but it just doesn’t do anything remarkable. It barely does its job. Amazon had glowing reviews, should have checked MUA first!

on 1/26/2018 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think they changed the formula. It used to be a milky color, now its clear and really dries out my skin. Bummer, I have a whole unused bottle.

on 12/11/2017 4:13:00 AM

I've been using this cleanser for over 10 years! I always go back to it because it's gentle and it works. It effectively removes make up and sunscreen, and doesn't leave my face feeling tight and irritated. That's evrything I'm looking for in a cleanser.
Sometimes if I want a deep clean, I'll pair it with the Dove bar soap for sensitive skin.

on 11/18/2017 10:25:00 AM

Let me tell you all the truth about Cetaphil and Galderma products......the main ingredient is Petroleum aka Petrolatum aka Parrifium Liquidum. Its literally vaseline plastered on your face. I too was prescribed this product as well as the Galderma moisturizer, Nutraderm, by my Dermatologist! I just have to add, Cetaphil is crap for removing make up even after oil cleansing. I used it for many years and my skin was fine,until, I started getting really bad acne that just wouldn’t go away. I started researching the ingredients and found that Petrolatum is just a pharmaceutical grade plastic layer that is placed over the skin and basically stops your natural oils from evaporating ie. Suffocating your pores. I stopped all my Galderma products and opted for organic, natural skincare products. Then the crap hit the fan. My skins barrier practically stopped functioning because for so many years, my skin thought it was producing enough sebum because it did not evaporate so it basically underproduced sebum. So my skin became extremely sensitive and dehydrated. I started using the Dermalogica Ultra Calming range which focusses on repairing the skins own Barrier and not making it lazy. And I gotta say, my skin has never looked better. My acne cleared 3months after I stopped all Petroleum products on my face. My acne was caused by layers upon layers of suffocating plastic and my pores just needed to breathe! I have been using petroleum free products for 4years now and what used to be severely dry skin is now skin that only needs body lotion every other day. I still use Dermalogica on my face (because Natural face washes just don’t remove make up properly) and Organic natural body washes in the shower. They are filled with anti oxidants that rid your skin of free radicals which is a must.

on 11/13/2017 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I always use this one.
I like it:)

it almost empty I have to
go buy it:)