Dior Dior Homme

Dior Dior Homme

4.5

on 2/1/2016 2:40:00 AM

This could easily be called Dior Cookies and marketed in a pale lilac bottle for women. First I get iris + cocoa powder. The iris is very nice, not cold as in a lot of other cases, but the cocoa powder has a suffocating effect on me. It's like I bent over a huge pile of cocoa powder, slapped my hands in it, and the powder filled my nostrils and didn't let me breathe. It's very dusty, there's an old library feel to it.
In a couple of hours the iris goes to the background, and it becomes a very sweet vanillic amber-patchouli scent. Sillage and longevity are both very good, the fragrance goes strong at the end of the day. This fragrance is regarded as a modern classic and a unisex by a lot of perfumistas, but I sadly don't get its beauty. On a woman it's just sweet and cookie-like (not out of place), but not sexy/inviting/comforting. On a man it wears like a pink shirt, it's out of place, but you might consider it chic. I don't, as it's not my type of masculine elegance, but it's completely a matter of taste. It's not shocking or interesting on a man either, it's the type of pink shirt an office worker would wear.

on 4/24/2015 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is the first man-scent I'd actually wear. Heavenly. There is a Japanese-candy quality in there that evokes my childhood near Tokyo. I want to spray this in my mouth.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/12/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Sexy bottle, sexy smell. The only thing I love about Dior is this! Would recommend.

on 12/2/2011 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a review of the new 2011 reformulation of Dior Homme. It isn't as good as the original 2005 version, but it is still my favorite fragrance for men. The notes are lavender, sage and bergamot; middle notes are iris, amber and cacao; base notes are vetiver, patchouli and leather. The difference is it is less powdery than the original and less of a presence of the iris note. I love the bottle and it is a very sophisticated scent.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I cant find this on the list of Fragrances but when I click Add a Review...there it is!

Oh well...this product is my no.1 out of my top 3 cologne faves! It smells masculine, light and it gets better as it lingers longer throughout the day!

I worked with fragrances for 3 years and so far this has been my favorite over and over again...I never get sick of it somehow!

It deserves better credit. Ladies, if you want your man to smell..masculine, fresh, and just sexy...and if you're crazy about Abercrombie's Fierce...this is another alternative! Trust me!!1

Iris/ leather scent w touch of vanilla & herbs instead of rose.. much more wearable for me than scents like Cuir de Russie or Lipstick Rose. It's classy and sexy but a little more dark, I love it!

on 2/28/2010 2:43:00 PM

This is my new everyday staple.
I discovered it by chance, after a salesman told me it smelled lipstick-y to him.
I tested it on a blotter and found it smooth, non-obtrusive and with a marzipan-ish iris note.
I bought a big bottle without hesitation thinking DH can always inherit it if I ever tire of it, although I doubt that will ever happen.

When I apply it on my skin the stages are: carrots, iris, lipstick, cocoa, lavender. It is clean, comforting and softly sensual.
Staying power is good if applied quite liberally (bear in mind it is an EDT).
I think I would appreciate smelling this on a man, although it doesn't smell particularly masculine to me.
I am sure if it came in a lavender crystal bottle, with a rounded shape, it would be a best-seller in the ladies counter.

on 2/14/2010 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been compared by some to my beloved Kenzo Power - I have to say after multiple samples of this I just do not think it is as wearable as Power. It is an interesting dry Iris, with powdery gourmand chocolate and patch notes, but there is a cheap amber tone to this that I can't shake. The Kenzo seems to have higher quality materials fo rmy money.

on 6/9/2009 6:07:00 AM

I must confess I really don't go along with Dior fragrances, so even though this is in my fragrance group (oriental), it is definitely the fragrance I have bought and used once. Then just hated that it was laying on the shelf.

Anyway, the scent could have been nice, but it is so "raw", definitely nothing about this fragrance is unique scent and unprescedented this is not sophisticated one!

Sorry, but Dior missed again!

on 5/11/2009 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Light, powdery, sweet, herbaceous floral - RAVE!
Though the official notes are Lavender, Sage, Cardamom, Iris,
Cocoa Bean, Amber, Vetiver, Patchouli, Leather.
Dior Homme is a brother of Shalimar Light,
with more citrus and a touch of sage, and an impression of oakmoss.
Early on with Dior Homme, I swear I'm smelling Miss Dior.
The fragrance goes through several phases, all of them excellent,
which is a rare thing. Sometimes I get a cherry-violet-vanilla
impression in the final drydown, like Lolita Lempicka. Both the
original and the reformulation are very good. Fabulous for men or women!

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel