Dior Dior Homme

4.5

on 1/22/2017 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This scent is a masterpiece! This is a very well done masculine fragrance, with a twist this is well-done masculine fragrance. It's true that the initial spray smells kind of feminine; this is due to the heavy Iris note. However, that is only temporary. The iris aroma eventually fades away to the leather, woods, and cacao notes; this creates a masculine aroma. A fragrance designed for the confident and daring individual.

I wore this scent years ago and rediscovered this perfume just in time for the beginning of autumn/wintertime.

Let me start by saying I mostly use unisex and masculine perfumes, because I have trouble to find a perfume that doesn´t smell overpoweringly sweet on my skin.

Finding a perfume that doesn´t give me a headache or develops horribly on my skin is also a chore.

My kind of scent is something like Acca Kappa´s Muschio Bianco or anything fresh and soapy, but in wintertime, I long to have a scent, that´s a little bit warmer and cosier,

Enter this gem.

The top notes are bergamot, lavender and sage, the heart notes are amber, iris and cocoa, the base notes are leather, patchouli and vetiver.

How you perceive a scent is very individual. Many reviewers rave about the cocoa smell, that I don´t really get.

For me this perfume smells very leathery and it smells almost like a mixture of leather and warm skin. There is a hint of powdery sweetness from the iris that is balanced with the vetiver and patchouli undertones, so you´ll never get the smell of an old ladies perfume which can happen with powdery scents.

It´s a very sexy, modern, sophisticated and elegant scent, but also warm and comfy, which makes it a perfect wintertime perfume for me. It´s like wearing a warm soft blanket and makes me feel confident and cosy at the same time.

It doesn´t smell overpoweringly masculine like some other scents I tested for wintertime (i.e. Tom Ford Noir). The smell is very "round", so I never feel any overpowering notes, but a very balanced composition.

Hard to explain, but it maintains the perfect balance between being a warm and leathery comforting scent and still not being too heavy, too sweet or too oriental. Maintaining warmth, but nor being too heavy is what a lot of oriental, woodsy, powdery scents fail to do.

So, I´d say, it´s neither a light perfume nor a heavy perfume, but something in the middle, which makes me wear this to work and be sure that nobody feels bothered by this perfume. For me, it´s a daytime scent for work in wintertime.

When I sniff on my clothes after a long day of work, it stilll smells nice and not "off" like some perfumes, which develop nasty undertones.

I wouldn´t want to wear this in spring or summer as the whole composition screams "cosy!" to me, but some might want to wear this all year round.

I feel very modern, edgy and grown up wearing this and it fits my style as I´m wearing minimalist clothes from Cos. This men´s perfume managed what no women´s perfume ever could: Makes me feel sexy and empowered. I truly love wearing this scent and might call it "sex in a bottle".

Highly recommend this as a wintertime scent.

on 2/1/2016 2:40:00 AM

This could easily be called Dior Cookies and marketed in a pale lilac bottle for women. First I get iris + cocoa powder. The iris is very nice, not cold as in a lot of other cases, but the cocoa powder has a suffocating effect on me. It's like I bent over a huge pile of cocoa powder, slapped my hands in it, and the powder filled my nostrils and didn't let me breathe. It's very dusty, there's an old library feel to it.
In a couple of hours the iris goes to the background, and it becomes a very sweet vanillic amber-patchouli scent. Sillage and longevity are both very good, the fragrance goes strong at the end of the day. This fragrance is regarded as a modern classic and a unisex by a lot of perfumistas, but I sadly don't get its beauty. On a woman it's just sweet and cookie-like (not out of place), but not sexy/inviting/comforting. On a man it wears like a pink shirt, it's out of place, but you might consider it chic. I don't, as it's not my type of masculine elegance, but it's completely a matter of taste. It's not shocking or interesting on a man either, it's the type of pink shirt an office worker would wear.

on 4/24/2015 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is the first man-scent I'd actually wear. Heavenly. There is a Japanese-candy quality in there that evokes my childhood near Tokyo. I want to spray this in my mouth.

on 8/12/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Sexy bottle, sexy smell. The only thing I love about Dior is this! Would recommend.

on 12/2/2011 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a review of the new 2011 reformulation of Dior Homme. It isn't as good as the original 2005 version, but it is still my favorite fragrance for men. The notes are lavender, sage and bergamot; middle notes are iris, amber and cacao; base notes are vetiver, patchouli and leather. The difference is it is less powdery than the original and less of a presence of the iris note. I love the bottle and it is a very sophisticated scent.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I cant find this on the list of Fragrances but when I click Add a Review...there it is!

Oh well...this product is my no.1 out of my top 3 cologne faves! It smells masculine, light and it gets better as it lingers longer throughout the day!

I worked with fragrances for 3 years and so far this has been my favorite over and over again...I never get sick of it somehow!

It deserves better credit. Ladies, if you want your man to smell..masculine, fresh, and just sexy...and if you're crazy about Abercrombie's Fierce...this is another alternative! Trust me!!1

Iris/ leather scent w touch of vanilla & herbs instead of rose.. much more wearable for me than scents like Cuir de Russie or Lipstick Rose. It's classy and sexy but a little more dark, I love it!

on 2/28/2010 2:43:00 PM

This is my new everyday staple.
I discovered it by chance, after a salesman told me it smelled lipstick-y to him.
I tested it on a blotter and found it smooth, non-obtrusive and with a marzipan-ish iris note.
I bought a big bottle without hesitation thinking DH can always inherit it if I ever tire of it, although I doubt that will ever happen.

When I apply it on my skin the stages are: carrots, iris, lipstick, cocoa, lavender. It is clean, comforting and softly sensual.
Staying power is good if applied quite liberally (bear in mind it is an EDT).
I think I would appreciate smelling this on a man, although it doesn't smell particularly masculine to me.
I am sure if it came in a lavender crystal bottle, with a rounded shape, it would be a best-seller in the ladies counter.

on 2/14/2010 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been compared by some to my beloved Kenzo Power - I have to say after multiple samples of this I just do not think it is as wearable as Power. It is an interesting dry Iris, with powdery gourmand chocolate and patch notes, but there is a cheap amber tone to this that I can't shake. The Kenzo seems to have higher quality materials fo rmy money.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel