Laura Mercier Pointed Eyeliner Brush

Laura Mercier Pointed Eyeliner Brush

4.2

on 1/22/2018 2:12:00 AM

I have been using Laura’s Mercier’s pull apart fine point eyeliner brush for more than three years.
This is by far one of the finest quality eyeliner brushes produced. After gently washing, never loses its shape or bristles. Its pull apart piece continues to fit snuggly within the brush component. A quality brush that delivers the expected versatility - whether drawing a thin or thick line, this ‘fine point eyeliner pen’ will not disappoint.
A worthy investment to add to your professional brush collection.

on 6/29/2014 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

First time u have written a review but this is "the" best eye liner brush in the market.
I have mac/ real techniques/louise young but I found this to work best for me.
My normal make up for going out is winged out eyeliner, with this brush you can do fine lines or thicker ones, it firm and gentle as I use it on my water line too.
I know its pricey but it is solid and gr8 quality amd I love it!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have the pull-apart version of this brush, which is great for travel. If you put the cover of the brush on the end of the brush, it's pretty much like having a full-length brush, so I don't mind the compact size at all.

For me, this shape of brush is a bit harder to use than the Flat Eyeliner brush, which is mainly why I have given it a 4 instead of a 5. This brush is very well made out of high quality synthetic fibers, and it holds up well to use and washing like all Laura Mercier brushes (in my experience). It comes to a very fine tip which is great for detailed work, and for really getting it into your lashes and drawing a precise line.
However, I rarely reach for this brush first, because I just get better results from the Flat Eyeliner brush (it's easier for me to control).
I hope to become a bit more skilled with this brush; and if it turns out it's just my lack of practice, I'll probably come back and bump this ranking up to a 5.

Pro: Works well with cake eyeliner for a lighter touch than a stiff brush provides. Has lasted me a very, very long time (years). Has lid that protects.

CONS: This may not be stiff enough for some users. Has lid, but it doesn't stay on well.

ALTERNATES: If you need a stiffer brush for gel/cake eyeliner application (like for tightlining), try Trish McEvoy #11 "Precise Eye Lining" brush.

*******THERE IS A REVIEW ON MUA TITLED "LAURA MERCIER FINE POINT EYE LINER BRUSH" FOR THIS. But this review has the name that Laura Mercier uses for it.********

on 2/10/2010 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased this brush a few years ago when I was using BB gel eyeliner and the BB brush for that purpose was too thick and stiff. I've since stopped using the gel liners (faded on me) but I'm using this brush and it is one of the finest I've ever used for eyelining. It's pricey ($24) but it keeps its shape, has not shed, and works very well for lining lids.

The shape is a bit domed but it comes to a fine point and I can use powder shadows to make a very fine line or I can apply more product and make the line thicker. This brush really allows you to control the work you're trying to accomplish. It's soft, doesn't scratch or show any flyaway hairs. It really is a very good investment if you like to line lids precisely. I'd buy it again but it is a high-quality brush so I don't think I'll need to.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

on 4/8/2008 6:34:00 PM

Not impressed. Hair fell out right away. Rough. Didn't wash well (even with proper make-up soap). Just seems to be a cheap quality brush ostensibly for a product touted as high-end.

on 1/3/2008 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

The bristles on this are very good quality - very soft and gentle and are of much better bristle quality hair than MAC. Any colour on the bristles is very easy to wash out. Unfortunately, as the brush hair is so soft, some of the hairs are now bent and stick away from the brush. I used to use this mainly for tightlining although it's not firm enough to draw a line properly so I've stopped using it now. I don't really like the look of the handle - it's wooden and painted in shiny black varnish, like the paint brushes we used to have in school which I think gives it a cheap look which is disappointing given the price. I have this in the pull-apart version and it's perfect for travel and so you can get up close to the mirror without the handle bumping into the glass. The cap which covers the brush is made from metal which gives it a nice weight.

on 5/2/2006 2:20:00 AM

This comes in two versions: the one-piece full size and the pull apart. Not sure if the long full size is still available.

Full Size: The hairs are firm, densely packed, and tightly packed together, which makes this brush fantastic for precision lining with gels/creams and wet e/s. Nicely balanced. An excellent investment.

Pull-apart: I loved the long-handled version so much, I got the pull-apart because I'm very nearsighted and need a short brush to work with :) The cap protects the brush during travel and can be attached to the brush handle to convert it to a full size brush if desired. The brush head shape is similar to the long-handled version, though I noticed that the pull-apart version (at least the ones I have) is not as wide at the base. Compared to the MAC 209, the base of the brush head is about the same size but the LM comes to a finer point. An excellent investment. continued >>

Popular Makeup Brushes