Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme

Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme
Lip Injection Extreme

3.4

on 1/29/2017 3:27:00 PM

It makes my lips fuller just a lil bit. I think the normal version of lip injection is more moisturizing than this one and I don'T know if I will come back to that version when I will finish this one . not much different between this two, just the price and color.

on 1/20/2017 5:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this on and off for about 10 years. Indeed, of all the lip plumpers I've tried, this one makes the biggest difference. I notice a significant, immediate difference for 2-3 hours after one use and I am apt to believe that I've experienced a slight but undeniable increase in my lip size over the years. Yes, it stings, and you definitely don't want to get it in places other than your lips, but it works.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is amazing! I have TF lip injections (the normal regular 1 known as TFLI for short here on out for brevity sake) & I have tried quite a few (Buxom, Soap & Glory, MAC Plushglass, Dr Bang lip freak; NYX, VS...et al), & the MAC plushglass was the most amazing until I tried this. Well my lips seemed immune to reg TFLI but I got extreme in my Ipsy bag & I saw once again all of the good stuff I got from reg TFLI I remembered why I loved it so. So I'm using this from Ipsy & I'm going to buy a new tube of extreme (backups)when I get paid on the 3rd. I love this stuff!! It is like adult film star lips in a tube seriously amazing. It's kind of like lip crack it's crazy the addictive "burn" that's so crazy how addictive it is? It's not painful, if you want serious burn try Dr Bang Lip Freak that is real pain but unlike dr bang which is torture, this is delightful becoz your lips feel so moisturized & supple it belies half healthiness even if it does use capsicum & nicotine to temporarily vasodilate to fill your lips. The gloss what I do is apply lipstick AFTER I put this on bare lips. I do this, MAC Prep + prime, liner, lipstick, then Lipglass (if I'm wearing MAC), otherwise this then (optionally liner) then lipstick. It can be worn alone becoz it flushes ur lips also the gloss is opalescent. I will rebuy! Yassss!! #winning !!

on 9/1/2016 12:26:00 PM

For what it's meant to do, a lip plumping gloss, it's pretty good. It tingles makes my lips swell a little and it's not super goopy or sticky.

My issue is the smell it's like super concentrated redbull. I felt sick after wearing it for awhile.

on 9/1/2016 11:50:00 AM

I really want to get lip injections but since they're so expensive and way out of my budget right now, I decided to try this. I figured $27 for a bottle every so often wasn't so bad. I also ready that if you apply it every night it can have Longterm effects. Unfortunately I'm not that consistent with things so I haven't done that. The packaging is cute, it's clear with a gold cap and the color of the gloss in the bottle is clear but with a slight iridescent color. It applies clear on the lips though. I definitely recommend applying in a mirror so you're super precise and don't get it on the skin as it can cause it to et irritated and turn red. Within five minutes your lips look plumped and juicy. I dont think it stings TOO bad but there is some tingling/stinging and lips can look red. This is ok with me because I put lip color over it. Also this hurts less than the regular lip injection in my opinion. But unfortunately the effect doesn't last that long and I never want to reapply, especially over a lip color. It does have produce w good look though while it lasts. It costs kind of a lot but I would honestly probably purchase again. I just need to be better at applying it again as needed or at night.

on 8/29/2016 3:57:00 PM

This gloss stings after a few seconds and it will hurt if you apply a lot on the lips. My lips did look plumper after a few minutes but there was also a reddish rim around the edges of my lips. I am not sure if this is good for the lips but it does work in the short term. If you leave it on the lips, it feels moisturizing. I suppose the only difference between this and the other lip injection is that this one seems to sting more. I am not certain whether the stinging or tingling in other lip plumping glosses is a sign that the gloss is working or if it is meant to make you feel that the gloss is working since gloss in general makes your lips look bigger. Some similar products that achieve a similar effect without the stinging would be dior's lip maximizer and buxom's lip polish, which are both hydrating glosses that last for hours and provide a minty feeling on the lips (buxom's tingle is much more intense than dior's). I can understand why these lip plumpers have mixed reviews since they may work for some people and not others; try each in store.

You can't find too many long term lip plumpers that are paraben free. I use this as night only. It does sting but it's stops after a few minutes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I did not particularly want to like this product, seeing as I'm not a fan of Too Faced's branding and packaging. (For their price point, I find the aesthetic and packaging to be unappealing. To me, it looks quite literally cheap.)

With that said, I'm currently experimenting with finding the best topical lip plumper, and this is the most effective thus far. Similar products I have tested: Dior Addict Lip Maximizer (good, but more hydrating than plumping), Grandlips Hydrating Lip Plumper (plumps more than Dior, but mostly smoothing and hydrating; however, contained infuriatingly and insultingly small amount of product) and Chanel Gloss Volume Plumping Lip Gloss (found this neither hydrating nor effective).

Too Faced's product is truly a lip plumper in the most literal sense; it is not particularly hydrating. I am using this at night, under my lip mask. I am also using this when I'd like to achieve a notable plumping effect during the day or evening. The effect is instantaneous. I am currently unable to comment on long-term plumping effects when used daily over a period of time, but will update when I'm more than one week in trial. For me, the only cons of the product are the price (too high) and the packaging. I also wish it included an additional ingredient for hydration. As it stands, I find this product very effective when layered or used in conjunction with a hydrating balm, gloss or mask, depending on the time of day and desired effect.

PS: Be careful not to let product transfer onto area surrounding lips. It will absolutely cause redness and/or irritation as result. Has happened to me, though it subsides within a reasonable amount of time.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Over all, I think that this is a great product for those who want a little extra "oomf" for your lips, without having to go under the needle! The texture is your typical lip gloss, slightly sticky and clear. It also has an oddly delightful smell, kind of like the red bull energy drinks. Packaging is of course nothing short from cute, not surprising at all from Too Faced since they tend to really be on the ball in those regards. Now, on to the actual results. I felt that it did a pretty good job! I was pretty scared of getting a bad reaction, since that is more likely for these kind of products. When considering a lip plumper, you do have to be careful about sensitivity to it, especially for something as potent as this one. But I really thought that this did a great job, noticeably plumped my lip, and I did get asked about my lips and tons of compliments! I suggest putting on a non minty (since minty will amplify the plumping sensation) chap stick before applying this product, since it kind of puts a bit of a barrier, and prevents the horribly uncomfortable "stinging" and "burning" sensation. But again, everyone is different and other measures might need to be done if you are still really sensitive to it. I think it's worth giving a try out in the sephora store, and is a great little "add on" to any kind of fun lip look!

on 12/1/2015 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This works differently on everyone. On myself, it only slightly plumps my lips. But on my friend, it really made a pretty big difference. It's pretty expensive for basically just lipgloss that only gives you a 50/50 chance of actually doing anything to your lips and I know some drugstores have some good ones too, but I actually really do like it. Even though it doesn't do much too my lips, I think it gives me just the right amount of plumpyness (if that's a word, which it is now, I have decided) to my top lip. Definitely wouldn't recommend if you're going for the Kylie Jenner/Bratz doll look, but all in all it's not bad. I like the packaging too. I don't think it's worth 50$ though.