Aveeno Calamine and Pramoxine HCl Anti-Itch Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

on 2/22/2011 3:22:00 PM

i'm surprised by the high scores for this. normally i like aveeno products, but this doesn't soothe my facial eczema. plus i don't like the calamine smell.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to use as a calming cream to wear at night. Since I had tried calamine lotion as a mask for redness, I thought I would give this a try. This gave me the same effect but it lasted longer since i left it on overnight. It has sort of a menthol scent, which I think aveeno should get rid of because menthol is known to be irritating. but overall this is a great cream for diminishing redness from rosacea or zits.

on 4/23/2010 7:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This stuff is amazing. It works better than Hydrocortizone. It is also very thin so easy to spread. the only grip is the smell, but it does relief itch. Love It.

on 1/27/2008 5:21:00 PM

In the past few months I've started to breakout and get pimples on my face. I have tried using several products and nothing has worked...until now! I tried calamine lotion on my pimples...just like a spot treatment and it has worked miracles for me! For smaller pimples I'm clear within a day or two and for larger ones, It takes about 4 days or so but it's wonderful! I never write reviews on a product unless i've used it long term and TRULY love it completely and this is true love :)

This worked pretty well for me. I'm afraid I always have some sort of skin irritation or problem, so I have tried a lot of different products. Nothing ever seems to completely rid me of itching, but this is pretty darn good. I have not used this on chicken pox or poison oak/ivy/sumac, which this product is recommended for along with allergic reactions, which I have.

Holy crap. HG. I have eczema, not all the time, but when it pops up, its HORRIBLE and extremely hard to get rid of. This time it decided to pop up on my eyelids and in the outer corners of my eyes. I had tried a variety of things, from the heavy cetaphil cream to neosporin to tea tree oil (holy **** HURT LIKE A MOTHER****ER!!!) and nothing helped at all. I know hydrocortisone would have helped, but I'm scared to use it on my eyelids, because it does thin out your skin and I was afraid my eyeballs would pop out. But I HAD to get rid of this eczema. So I came across this cream, which is hydrocortisone-free, and OH MY GOD, does it ever work. It stops the pain and itching that had brought me to tears on particularly dry nights, and I've only been wearing it for an hour, tops, and my skin is already looking better. The scaliness is gone and my skin is much more smooth. I love the light pink color, because it brightens up the flourescent red eczema to a more skin-like tone. Overall this product is F-ing amazing.