Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 25-29
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.4

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 2/2/2011 8:54:00 AM

I'm confused.. Where's the foam?? I have been using this face wash for a week now and I try so hard to work up a lather and I never get it. Maybe I bought a defect bottle? Because I can't get the lather I want, I have to wash twice and even after 2 times, my makeup still isn't off! Back on the search for a face wash....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this cleanser. It takes off my make up even my waterproof mascara. It leaves my face clean and so far I am in love with this product. I am acne prone and oily, also decided to start using anti wrinkle products recently so I decided to give Alhpa Hydrox products a try and I am pleased with this stuff, even compared to Philosophy products I have tried in the past.
EDIT: I cannot use it anymore. My face was beginning to get irritated, dry and itchy because I have to use BP I am assuming. I would imagine this would work very well for someone who didn't have acne prone skin or who didn't need BP. I have switched back to cetephil and started using Ponds Cold Cream to remove make up I think I just need something more gentle to cleanse and remove my make up since I use AHA, benzoyl peroxide and retinol. I will still give it a yes to repurchase because it works like it says.

I've looked forever for the right cheap, simple facewash, and I finally found it. I positively love this stuff; it leaves my skin feeling clean and tight, and I literally glow after using it. I will repurchase again and again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combo skin that is mildly acne prone...mostly hormonal.

A few weeks ago, I went to the beach and my friend gave me facial sunscreen...it made me breakout horribly for 2 weeks, with whiteheads, pimples and cystic. I was mortified, didn't want to leave my house...went to sephora, dropped $$$ on Peter Ross (???) products which didn't make much of a different.

Cue Alpha Hydrox.

I live in NYC so didn't think I could get it anywhere... we don't have walmarts or quality drugstores... duane reade is trash. Someone recommended Price Wise and I looked all over, and I was in luck...after 15 minutes of searching.

After 2 weeks, and at the beginning of "that time of the month" (when my skin is normally the worst), my skin looks great.... I use it twice a day and have been so pleased with the results, I'm thinking of buying the other products!

on 8/13/2009 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Over the past 3 months I revamped my skin regime to include: ALPHA HYDROX Souffle 12% AHA, ALPHA HYDROX Foaming Face Wash, ALPHA HYDROX Toner-Astringent and ALPHA HYDROX Sheer Silk Moisturizer w/SPF15 .

The cleanser makes my skin feel squeaky clean and the price is fantastic. I will probably have it for a year, so even more of a bargain.

My face has been glowing, I would definitely buy this range again.

on 7/10/2009 1:53:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I have normal/combination skin depending on the season, it's not overly sensitive either and I really like this cleanser. I didn't expect it to do anything other than clean my face, which it does quite well, but what I do like is that it's very gentle and never stings if it gets into my eyes. I use it to wash off any eye makeup residue because of that. It's just a very simple good cleanser that doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. It would be great if they'd update the bottle, because it's annoying to wait for the product to run down the sides of the container once there isn't much left, and you can't really stand it upside down either...The price is good though, considering that the Neoteric Cosmetics website (which is where I get it) has often specials to buy one and get one 1/2 off, so I try to stock up during those times.

on 4/15/2009 6:41:00 PM

This is probably the best cleanser that I have tried! In a little over a week, it has really cleared my skin, plus it washes off all my makeup. I will definitely repurchase!

Alpha Hydrox, I'm so sorry for leaving you for a fancier looking, more expensive cleanser (Purity Made Simple.) It cannot even compare to you. You even love me so much that after that other one left me dry and broken out and depressed, you fixed me as soon as i came groveling back. I'll never stray again.

on 8/1/2007 11:32:00 PM

I got this FWP from drugstore.com. I already had an ok wash, and was excited to try this too! That night I did the usual, pull my hair back into a bun and put a headband on so my hair wouldnt get wet... anyways - I like the simple bottle very much. I find pumps get full of water if theyre in the shower, so this was just perfect. I wet my face and put a little ithe palm of my hands to make a lather. At this point I noticed the scent, wich isnt too much of anything, kind of smells like Cetaphil cleanser, but not as chemical. It felt smooth on my skin and rinsed off fairly easy. Im always worried i didnt rinse something off completely even though it probably did. i rinsed again with cooler water and looked up at the mirror and i was so happy! My skin looked and felt very clean but not at all stripped. I was a little cautious trying this since my skin can be dry and i do NOT need more dryness!! This dosnt dry me out at all, it leaves a nice smooth clean canvas for your makeup. this my friends, might just prove itself to be HG status for a simple, affordable, soap free cleanser!!

on 7/17/2004 4:17:00 PM

It's okay... It doesn't take off my eye makeup as well as Arbonne or MD Forte - I still have to use eye makeup remover (and I don't wear waterproof). It has a gentle non-smell to it, and it doesn't dry out my skin. I feel a little ripped off that it does NOT contain any AHAs, which I didn't discover until I looked around on MUA. At least it doesn't stink as bad as their moisturizers! I will probably go to MD Forte after I finish the bottle, though.