Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by age: 25-29
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.2

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 3/6/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Gave me huge cystic acne on my chin 3-4 days after I started using it everyday at night. The great thing is that this cleanser definitely removes makeup amazingly well - better than some luxury brand oil-free cleansers that claim to do the same. But of course, it's not worth it if it causes painful cysts in the process! I definitely do not recommend to anyone with very reactive skin.

OMG, this stuff is awful!! It left my face feeling and LOOKING parched and after a couple uses I noticed I felt itchiness on my face and was irritated/broken out worse!! I'm not 100% sure what it could be exactly b/c it might be something like the sulfate detergents or it could be the awful urea preservative in this, but either way I'm switching to something else.

on 7/16/2004 3:24:00 PM

I can't stand its scent. Why others don't care?

on 12/22/2015 8:23:00 AM

so i tried this and found out that ingredients that starts with coco- break me out.ive learned that they are derived from the fatty acids of coconut oil and i think anything that is coconut oil related just never fails to break me out. this face wash contains those ingredients and in a matter of 12 hours gave me 3 cystic pimples and i just couldnt believe it having based it on the positive reviews.

pros: affordable
cons: breaks me out in a matter of hours.

i ask myself why i always try to change my routine when i no longer have acne problem, so it was a mistake to try this one when the cetaphil cleanser and mandelic acid toner from muac are all i need to be a hundred percent clear.

on 1/20/2015 5:17:00 AM

I used to like this cleanser in my early 20s, but I tried using it again recently and it does nothing but irritate and dry my skin. After a few uses I start to break out terribly. Perhaps my skin is more sensitive now than it used to be, either way I would not recommend this cleanser as anything more than a brush cleaner.

on 9/15/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have tried this product out for a month, but have decided to stop using. it strips my skin, and makes my face so "squeaky clean" it hurts and is irritated afterwards.
i have terribly dry, acne prone skin and thought this could be a gentle cleanser, but it made my acne worse.

on 2/2/2011 8:54:00 AM

I'm confused.. Where's the foam?? I have been using this face wash for a week now and I try so hard to work up a lather and I never get it. Maybe I bought a defect bottle? Because I can't get the lather I want, I have to wash twice and even after 2 times, my makeup still isn't off! Back on the search for a face wash....

on 9/30/2010 1:56:00 PM

OH my goodness. Never again. I bought this based on the rave reviews on Amazon. It may be OK for people to use, say, a few times per week, but it definitely over-exfoliated my skin to the point of dryness and rough red patches, weird rash-like stuff on my cheeks, pimples and cysts, when I used it twice per day as directed. My face has NEVER looked so bad, to the best of my memory. I kept using it for a week, thinking my skin was purging, but as soon as I stopped using it, my skin starting looking better again, gradually. I think my skin may be sensitive to the alpha hydroxy acids, but ladies with sensitive skin, beware. I think I will stick to products with lactic acid as a more gentle alternative for exfoliation! I learned my lesson!

on 10/30/2007 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Compared to Shiseido's Pureness foaming cleanser, this works just as well and is MUCH cheaper! I could do without the glue-y smell, but that's easily remedied with a few drops of tea tree oil. I doesn't take off all eye makeup, but neither did the Pureness. After my first wash with this cleanser, I did a residue test with witch hazel and NOTHING was on the cotton pad. Compared to Shiseido? Pureness = Residue city. It was like I barely even washed my face. I will definitely repurchase.

ETA: It made me breakout over time. My spots never went away and after not using this for a couple days I realized this cleanser was the culprit.

on 3/2/2006 8:26:00 PM

I went out and bought 2 of this product after reading many good reviews from here. This stuff just doesn't work for me...I have normal to oily skin, and this face wash freakin makes my skin so dry...I'm still looking for an ideal cleanser. In the mean time, I use Olay hydrating cloth face wash, and it does get the job done.