Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by age: 25-29
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.2

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

This product is a great, gentle cleanser. I like it as much as PC and sage facial cleansers - but of course it has a much better price. YEAH!

on 8/5/2002 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a simple, no-frills, yet wonderful cleanser for normal to oily skintypes. IMO, it won't give enough moisture to dry skin or probably even combo skin with dryness. It's fragrance-free, soap-free, oil-free, and pH balanced. The "gentle AHA" it says it contains is in the form of Citric Acid, which is indeed mild. It removes makeup and mascara easily, without stripping, irritating or drying out the delicate eyelid area. My skin is sensitive to most face cleansers on the market and acne-prone, and this has caused NO problems for me. I used this for a year and have since switched to Sage's Facial Shampoo Regular, as it's more hydrating. So I won't repurchase, as I prefer Sage's. For more info: www.alphahydrox.com. It can also be bought in the drugstore, Walmart, etc...and www.drugstore.com, www.cvs.com....etc...

on 1/1/2003 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser in the evenings (along with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser in the mornings) for over 3 weeks now and so far, the combo of the two is working out fantastically for me. I have combo-oily/sensitive/acne-prone skin and it doesn't aggravate my skin, clog my pores or break me out. Just a little bit is all you need to foam up nicely and it gently removes all my makeup (which Cetpahil can't do). My only gripe is the slightly medicinal smell, but at this price and for what it does for my skin, it's easy to overlook! However, I do think this cleanser might be too drying for drier skin types...***UPDATE on 1/19/04 - I absolutely LOVE this cleanser! A year later, I'm still using it (can't say the same about Cetaphil) Regretfully, did stray from it for awhile...only to return to it four months ago after a bad breakout. I'd be at a loss if they ever discontinued this - it's done wonders for my skin!

I haven't used this in a while but I think I'm going to go back to using it. I've read that AHA's can't do much for your skin in cleanser form as it doesn't spend enough time on your skin but I could tell the texture of my skin looked better while using this. Has a slightly strange smell but nothing overpowering.

on 2/4/2003 6:20:00 AM

Nice, and gentle face wash.. not really fond of the smell though..it supposed not to smell..

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Eh. Okay. *shrug*

Gets the face clean, which I suppose is the purpose. I won't give too many bells for that, not breaking me out nor drying me out - I mean those things are supposed to be 'given'... however, although it lacks cons, there's not too many resounding pros for this. Just "It Gets Your Face Clean."

Two minor irritations (not of the skin kind, of the annoyance kind) was I wasn't particularly keen on the scent - it wasn't "BAD" but it was a wee bit mediciney. But okay that fades. I also didn't like the bottle too much, when it goes down a bit its a lil too 'thick' or something because when washing my face I shouldn't have to spend x-amount of time holding the bottle upside down to get the cleanser out. (Think of those Heinz Ketchup commercials....) Granted that could go for most cleansers in this style of bottle... but still was a bit of an annoyance factor. continued >>

I've been experimenting with products for around 15 years. I've tried sooo many facial cleansers. Some I've liked and some I've disliked. I've gone back to alpha hydrox for at least 8 years. It is gentle and effective. Doesn't leave my skin tight or dry. I'll continue to buy alpha hydrox indefinitly.

I've recently switched to this face wash and it is THE BEST! I'm sticking with this one. I have very oily skin in parts and normal skin on my cheeks and this cleanser left my skin matte and soft. I've noticed that acne scars have faded much more rapidly than usual (not sure if this is attributable to this cleanser or to my new lotion) and even the one little broken capillary on my cheek that's been there for months and months has faded. I don't need a separate makeup remover when I use this cleanser unless I use waterproof makeup and even then, this face wash takes about 1/2 of that off. For the price, this product absolutely cannot be beat! I will definitely be repurchasing as long as I need a facial cleanser and they keep making it!

Wow! I purposely waited a long time bf reviewing this. I just couldn't believe I found something so wonderful for so cheap. This is my new HG (along with the enhancing cream). This is not a true "gentle" cleanser. If you have sensitive skin, you're going to have to use this sporadically. However, I have combo skin with tons of blackheads on my forehead, nose, and chin. This (along with the cream) have totally changed my skin. I use this every day and it's gentle enough to do so. Blackheads were reduced to half after a few days! My only complaint-hard to find. I had to buy the oil free treatment on drugstore.com. Check it out-I bought the oil free stuff and a lotion-got another enhacing cream for free! Otherwise, you can find at Walmart-slim pickin's though.

on 5/14/2003 4:29:00 PM

This is a great, simple cleanser. I have been using it for about 3 months and haven't had any problems. It is gentle on my combination/sensitive skin. It can also be used on the eyes. All I wear is mascara so I don't know if it removes eye shadow and eyeliner well. IMHO it is fragrance-free and does not leave a sticky residue. An excellent, cheap cleanser.
EDITED: I no longer use this because it ended up being too drying for my face. I may re-visit during the hot, sweaty summer