Regis Design Line Olive Oil Hair Mask

No Image

4.2

on 3/9/2010 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I liked this product. I have thin hair naturally. A couple of months ago I got a perm and it ruined my hair :/. Now it's dry and only looks good when I scrunch it or apply an iron to it. It was noticeably falling out in some places, and I'm still losing a lot. The Regis Design Line Olive Oil Hair Masque has helped a LOT with my hair now. Obviously, it's still damaged, but it's improved a lot since I've been using it. I use it twice a week, and I use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine conditioner and shampoo. So, it's not AS bad anymore. I would definitely recommend this product.

after using this for a while i loove this conditioner!!!!!!!at fitst when i bleached my hair i used this and saw no result but with time it improves conditions of my hair.It's nice shiny and almost healthy(i dyed it quite a bit in the past couple of years)when i put it on it feels really creamy and it does not smell toxic like some other products do ..i will definitly recommend this product to others :)

on 4/10/2009 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is okay. It does moisturize my fine hair but it feels more like a regular conditioner then a mask. It seems to just work that day I use it. It doesn't feel like a deep treatment type product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Agree with reviewer below. This did nothing more for my dry hair than a cheap drugstore conditioner. Would never repurchase Regis olive oil line again.

on 3/7/2008 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this hair masque. It's very moisturizing. It does have proteins, so I find it can frizz my hair, but if I use a conditioner afterwards it works out. Now, that I'm taking better care of my hair, I rarely need a deep conditioning treatment anymore. My dry, curly hair is soft and is sometimes over-conditioned. I plan on using this when I do need a deep conditioning and would repurchase.

Eyes: Violet

Shockingly, I like this... and I'm not a fan of the other Olive Oil line products (I want to like them, honest I do).

It basically has the same effect as I WANT the Olive Oil conditioner to have... softens, detangles. Not wild about the scent, but it's nice. I prefer the Cashmere Kera Forte line's scent, and prefer that line's results in the S&C, but strangely, I don't like the Cashmere protein masque. Way prefer this Olive Oil masque. Odd odd odd.

Since I like scents to play nicely together, I don't really use this very much -- but it's GREAT to supplement the Olive Oil conditioner when I'm using up that huge bottle I purchased and I'm out of the Kera Forte.

I think the price is ridiculous, though. If it weren't a giveaway when I bought the S&C (which again, I don't really like), I would have felt ripped off. Too little product. It's a good product, but not worth the price for what it does. If I see it on a ridiculously crazy sale (which does happen), then I'll repurchase, but not until then.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i was using L'oreal's nature therapy but that stuff is full of cones and my hair feels heavy and coated...this on the other hand makes my hair feels soft and has a very lovely scent! i use this in rotation with my terax crema or kerastase masquintense

on 1/23/2008 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Despite the name of this product, it does not contain olive oil, it contains olive *leaf extract*.

This is my favorite product of the Design Line Olive Oil line. It does not contain silicones, but it does contain quite a bit of protein. It does not weigh my hair down, make it feel coated, and my hair detangles reasonably well after its use.

I use it with heat often. I have discovered that I have to limit how often I use it, or be careful not to use it too soon after I've used a protein reconstructor so I don't overdo the protein. I've wound up having stiff, dull, lifeless hair doing this once before and had to clarify to remove the overdose of protein.

For someone who doesn't use reconstructors or whose hair is damaged and can benefit from the protein, this would be an excellent product.

One of the downsides is this product is only available at Regis Salons or in the Regis owned salons that are in some Wal-Marts.

My hair is 1a-2c/F/ii - 35" long, fine, thin, color-treated, dry ends.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

My hair type: Asian, dry, thin, colored too often, fine and coarse

I bought this after reading all of the positive comments on MUA. I've only used this three times. I'm not too crazy about the smell but I can deal. It comes in a jar, is thick, yellow, and feels a bit like mayo. You have to dip your fingers in to get this thing out. I use this after my weekly routine of clarifying and using a protein reconstructor. The first two times that I used this, it seemed to dry out and weigh down my thin hair. I felt that possibly I was using too much of it and leaving it in my hair for too long. I used about 1 teaspoon and left it in my hair for about 10 mins. The third time I used this, I decided to change things around a bit. I applied a smaller amount...about 2/3 of a teaspoon and left it on for about 5 minutes. It seemed to do the trick...it helped reduce some of my frizz. I couldn't believe it. I only gave this 4 lippies because I don't know if it'll live up to the same results. I will update a few weeks from now.

EDIT: Sorry but this doesn't do anything for me at all. In fact, it dries out my hair. Maybe I have the hair type that needs silicone but I am going to look for a new deep conditioner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

this is pretty awesome - it feels a bit like a cholesterol pack on your hair, but smells much better and you can tell it's much better quality. I leave this in for mayb 5-10 minutes and when it's out my hair feels so soft and smooth. it's a nice compliment to a clarifying shampoo...or a nice thing to use if you're planning on giving your hair a break for a day or two!