MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Twinks

MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Twinks
MAC Sensualize vs Twinks

4.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of my favourite Mac eyeshadows. Twinks is stunning on my grey/blue/greeny eyes. It is quite sheer but will apply much more pigmented if you wet your brush first. I don't like to waste this colour in my crease because I think it really comes to life when you build it up on the lid for a gorgeous vampy plummy red brown smokey eye.

I have been using this for years, as a way to deepen my crease. The first one I bought seemed smoother, more pigmented. Unfortunately, it ended up landing on the floor and shattering in millions of pieces... Although I had already hit pan on it, it broke my heart and sent me straight back to the MAC store! I repurchased it, and interestingly the new shadow I got seems stiffer. The colour also seems a tad more red-toned. I don't really mind, as I love a good-quality sheer eyeshadow. They blend like a dream and are hard to overdo. That's exactly the way I feel about this one. It layers beautifully, you can get a deeper colour that way. I can also use it with a wet brush if I ever feel like getting more pigment out of it.

on 12/8/2015 8:55:00 PM

A lot of people complain about the pigmentation with this product, but I had no problems. I use it with All That Glitters for an every day look and it's heaven. The texture is so soft. I for one don't like products that are too heavily pigmented but it's not so little pigmented that you have to put on a good few coats before you can see it. It's just perfect. One of my favourite MAC eyeshadows.

Twinks is a reddened plum brown with a HINT of bronze. The colour is beautiful because it changes in the light! It is very multidimensional! I will not repurchase Twinks though because of the following reasons. Firstly, the pigmentation and texture was quite poor. I don't know if I just got a dud, but i literally had to DIG my brushes into it to get decent payoff! It was a time-consuming colour to apply, and the shadow seemed to 'lock up' in the pan. I feel that for a high end product, that shouldn't happen. So I removed a lippie for that.
The second reason I won't repurchase Twinks, is because it didn't work that well with my yellowy skin tone. It pulled a little mauve/taupe on my warm features and looked a little ashy. For reference, Mulch, which is the golden equivalent to this, works perfectly with my colouring.

Was not sure about this color at first but then I fell in love! A beautiful rich brown shade with hints of plum. Has turned out to be a favorite. I use in rotation with Mulch my other fav!

on 7/13/2013 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Twinks is really my everyday staple on my moving eyelid. On my NW 55 skin it's very neutral and accentuates my eyes. When I finish this I will definitely repurchase.

Twinks looks like a gorgeous color in the pan, but it has a horrible texture... I don't know what the fine people at MAC were smoking when they decided that Twinks is a veluxe pearl, because it isn't even close. This eyeshadow is super dry and sheer... I thought it would make a really cool crease shade, but the only way I can make it work is to DIG into it with a 239 and really pack it on the lid... and even when I do that I still don't love the color. I gave the first one I had to my mother because she really wanted it, then I bought a second thinking that one was a dud. It wasn't, they were both crap. if you scrap off a good amount of it, it gets a little better... but you shouldn't have to do that when buying a "high end" eyeshadow.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Twinks is a red/plum brown warm shade.

Twinks is another color I bought hoping it would bring out the blue in my lenses, which it didn't.

The pigmentation is not so good, need to pack it on. Blends easily. Medium lasting power. I use it as a lid or crease color.

I'm not very happy with this one, but again it's not so horrible. I just don't find myself going for it a lot. Actually of all my 18 eyeshadows by MAC, this is the one I least go for. I prefer my MAC pigment in Gold Stroke, which is similar to Twinks only so much better in terms of everything :)

Won't repurchase.

on 11/17/2012 10:23:00 AM

I had been looking for a plum colored e/s and after reading the rave reviews I decided to give Twinks a try. This color did not work for me at all. I was surprised that given it was a Veluxe Pearl, I was still fighting with the application . It was grabbing and was not smooth. Coupled with the fact that the color looked muddy on me (dirty, greyish-plum), I ended up trying to blend it with several different colors (All that glitters and Naked lunch) before I left the house to make it look presentable. I don't have that kind of time. For reference, I'm a C3/NC20/NC25.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm so disappointed because everyone loves it but i think i also got a dud like other reviewers have mentioned. When i swatch mine it is not pigmented at all!!