LUSH Almond Buttercream

No Image

3.0

on 3/2/2009 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I dont know why everytime LUSH makes a Almond labeled product...I expect it to smell as lovely as Smitten or Snowcake. This one smelled more like some grocery store brand soap. And it was so gritty that I felt like I was washing with dirt. I defintely wont use this one again.

Oh, my. This was... shall we say... icky? The texture felt funny, and it left a residue on my skin. Despite the delicious-sounding name, this was not a pleasure to use at all.

I love, love, love LUSH but this product is truly vile. The sesame seeds give a horrible texture and aroma. It has a sticky consistency and you feel like you need a shower after using it! LUSH aromas are usually orgasmic but this one just smells like cheap kids sweets, nothing to do with almonds whatsover. Sorry LUSH but this time you let me down. Will not repurchase.

on 5/18/2007 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This smelled nothing like almonds 'false advertising' It smelled kinda weird almost nauseating in a way but somewhat tolerable?? It exfoliated really well but lacked in the moisturizing department. I'll use it up just because i don't want it to go to waste but after that i will never repurchase

on 3/12/2007 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's not great and it's not terrible. It smells a lot like Pepsi actually, rather than almonds and is nicely exfoliating. The thing is, the longer you have it, the more the smell goes sort of off - like rubber.

i have a love-hate relationship with lush buttercreams. i love the concept of mooshing the buttery concotion all over my body and finishing with a bath poof. the reality isnt nearly as satisfying. theyre spot on when they say that buttercreams dont lather much because theyre so full of moisturizers. they are very moisturizing, but at the expense of leaving my skin feeling a bit waxy. its not an ideal sensation, but i can live with it. i enjoy the concept of slicing a bit off every time i want to use it.

other reviewers mention that this particular product is very soft and lushs site says that its the softest of them all, but mine is the most solid of the lot i purchased. (all but skinny dip. i dont care for the scent in general.) its very hard, which makes for good slicing but poor mooshability factor. the scent is straight up real almond to my nose. no marzipan or fakey almond extract. (i enjoy fake almond, and i wouldnt have minded it in this case.) i didnt get a whiff of orange, cinnamon, lime, or anything else promised.

i wont repurchase this particular scent because its nothing special IMO, but there are a few that i do like the scent of enough to repurchase. (lemslip (zingy lemon) and heavenly bodies (buttery chocolate.)) continued >>

on 10/30/2005 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had a generous sample of this. I was expecting a nice almond scent, but the actualy smell was yucky. It was sort of sweet and "off". Although it was mosituring and smooth, the scent just wasn't up to par. I reccomend trying another buttercream instead (I like heavenly bodies) if you didn't like this scent. However, if the scen is for you, then I'd reccomend this.

on 7/8/2009 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was better than Heavenly Bodies. It didn’t have that weird chemically smell… thank goodness because if it did then I would never give another buttercream a chance… ever! So I like the scent of this, very almondy/cinnamony. I find that the scent actually stays with you, which is amazing. I have to admit though, it didn’t moisturize at all and I was thus forced to use a moisturizer after my shower. I don’t think I’ll repurchase because the whole point of a buttercream is to moisturize… and this failed miserably at it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Looks-
Dark brown, with tiny seeds (like sesame, but I think they are almond), kinda looks like a slice of fudge or cake. Looks a bit gross on my washcloth and/or shower pouf.

Scent- Dessert, an almond, orange, spicy cake. Not my favorite, but not my least favorite either. Pretty neutral, you might enjoy it if you like Pud (though I wouldn't say the scents are exactly the same, but similar as far as Lush goes)

Lather/Cleansing- Lathers well when used with a shower pouf, way better than most Lush Buttercreams I'd say. I felt clean.

The above said I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 6/7/2008 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I received a one-use size sample and am surprised by all of the negative reviews here. I really liked this product, especially compared to ultra-moisturizing mainstream body washes like Olay Ribbons bodywash, and Caress Moroccan... for example.

The Lush product is desserty, not too oily or sweet and has ground almond shells in it for somewhat effective exfoliation. I found it to condition my skin with a nice balance of aloe and citrus oil (+ cinnamon). Will most likely repurchase next time I make a Lush haul.

Watch out in the shower because it is slippery!

Popular Gels/Soaps