Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.7

on 4/23/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do love the Classique EDT! Interestingly, the EDP is too much on my skin- I can't stand it. However, the EDT is one of my favorite perfumes and it smells wonderful. It has a warm combination of vanilla, amber and rose, and I disagree strongly that it has a "brash" or "old lady" smell. The trail is great too: distinct but not cloying.

Luckily I just got a new bottle in a swap, so I will be happily spraying once more. Most of Gautier's scents seem to click with my chemistry, but in a more gourmand way than anything else. That's not to say they're too sweet, because they're not in my opinion, but they all tend to have a rice pudding drydown. (Not a criticism... I like that!)

on 4/28/2010 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is stunning! If I had to sum it up I would say sexy and chic. This is my second favourite perfume of all time after Angel by Thierry Mugler. I recognise this anywhere, even if I don't know it's JPG straight away I always notice the smell and wonder what it is, because it can smell slightly different on different people. I smelt this on someone in a club recently which is what made me fall in love with it all over again - I kept trying to find the smell and who it was coming from. On 2 other separate occasions I also asked 2 women what they were wearing and it was this. It smells like a sexy, gourmand scent. It's definitely well suited for a sexy date or an evening occasion. The lasting power is also very good, I've never had the EDP (the one with the pink tin) but I've tried it and prefer the EDT, which I've owned 3 times in total, and it really lasts a long time so I can't imagine wanting anything even longer-lasting! When I first spray it it's quite strong and I think it smells a bit sherbert-y, but then it settles into a lovely ambery, vanilla scent. The top notes are listed as anise, orange blossom and tangerine; middle notes are ginger, orchid and ylang-ylang and the base is vanilla, musk and amber. The vanilla and amber come through the most for me but the orange blossom and ginger are apparent on the first spray. Personally I think this is chicer than your typical 'sexy', evening scent. To me it smells very Parisian. There's just something about it that smells so gorgeous and unforgettable. It also smells extremely comforting to me, like being enveloped in a hug by someone you really love. I will buy this forever.

on 1/17/2010 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My HG parfume which I have been wearing for like 10 years! The bottle is soooo beautiful and I often love the limited edition scents of this perfume as well.. This is just LOVE, pure love <3

on 3/6/2009 10:27:00 PM

I have been wearing this perfume for years. Everytime I wear it I feel sexy!

on 2/11/2004 1:54:00 PM

I will not buy this fragrance anymore. It smells to grown up for me (I'm 21), it overwhelmes me. It's just too much. I do get a lot of compliments when I wear it, but I need a more subtle fragrance.

One of my faves. Can be a bit strong, its more of a winter fragrance. Smells strongly of Vanilla. Really musky.

Popular Fragrances