Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have been waiting to get this for months, and now i finally have it. Not only does it smell amazing, vintage, but very classy and sexy all at once, (like it says up top, an aphrodisiac like scent to it!) but i was scared to buy this, i tried the edt in the store not realising it was in fact the edt and it lasted a long time on me! (i normally only buy edps because my skin has terrible lasting power.) Now, bringing it home, it is even stronger than a lot of edps i have tried on each hand today to test its sillage and lasting length. Seeing as the reviews for the edp claim it smells extremely different and lots of people who like this don't like the other and vice versa - I'm extremely glad i got the edt because this scent couldn't be better, stronger than a lot of edp's, yet not too strong, smells beautiful, perfect lasting power and sillage. I don't like it when they mix up perfect edt's and then sell them making you think they're the same and bamb! Completely different fragrance!? Long live this classique Jean Paul Gaultier edt exactly as it is right now i say!

on 3/3/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this perfume in the ''Intense classique'' version, and this is WAY too intense for me. It's really strong, last all day and doesn't fade. I asked coworkers and they could not tell me that it was too strong but I smelled it each time I moved. Not for me but I'm pretty sure many strong perfume ladies will love it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't especially like the smell direct from the bottle, but on my skin it is divine! Even my mum commented, which is very unlike her.
I like the bottle and would buy again. This was a Christmas gift from my husband; I have never bought it for myself as it is on the pricey side.

on 11/21/2012 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My bf had bought me this as a gift because he loved it. I absolutely hated it at first, I was 19 then and it seemed way to grown up on me, but now years later, I'm falling in love with it! It's become my everyday frangrance for the office, it's a little heavy but it makes me feel all fancy and sophisticated. Great for going out as well when I want to get a bit classy. It's a classic scent that differs so much from all the fruity sugary floral scents dominating the market these days. It has great lasting power too, stays on all day. And the bottle is just beautiful.

Sultry and intriguing. Smells like a night out on the town.

on 9/6/2011 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of my best friends used to wear this, and it smelled great on her. This is a big, friendly, kind of bosomy perfume, very sweet and powdery with no sharp edges. It's also loud enough to smell across a crowded, smoky room, so apply lightly.

on 7/21/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I want to love this, I get many compliments and on the right person it is a very sexy scent but on me there is a metallic chemical note which just annoys me and gives me a headache, others compliment me on it but I personally dont like it on me. Faraway from avon has similar orange flower and vanillic notes without the chemical smell.

The bottle I purchased has a fancy, sexy pink lace wrap around it. I find the scent heightens the senses, in a very unusual way. Hm, and a very surprising hm too. This fragrance to me, is a work of art. I can tell a difference between this and other fragrances. The difference for me was how it makes me feel, not just how I technically smell.

on 2/27/2011 3:40:00 PM

What a lovely fragrance,one that keeps you smelling your wrist,could be used in Autumn/Winter or maybe Spring. A bit too potent for hot summers. Love the bottle and staying power. A very sexy fragrance that people often comment on.

on 11/6/2010 1:15:00 PM

It's funny how events can change the way you think of a fragrance. My boyfriend of 15 years bought me this for my birthday and i loved it instantly. During the course of a few months, a lot of ups and downs happened (including a 6 month split) and stopped wearing it. Now that we are back together, i really can't stand to put it on! However, it's not JPG's fault that my life is such a rollercoaster.
Classique is soft, woody, floral, sweet and powdery. It makes for a wonderful autumn/winter fragrance and i'm sure it would suit all ages. I don't agree with the 'old lady' view. I think it will remain an elegant classic for years to come. Maybe just not on me!