Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 19-24
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.5

on 9/6/2013 12:04:00 PM

I smelled this fragrance once and i just loved it.
I used to think this fragrance is something for women older than me, but now it is my favourite one. It's a fragrance that just stays on all day and makes you feel cozy and comfortable. It becomes a part of you.

on 5/20/2012 4:04:00 PM

I simply LOVE this fragrance. It's strong, vibrant, and very sexy. It's so powdery and so sweet. I think it's very over the top in every way and that's exactly what I love about it. It makes me think of very luxurious things. But old luxury, if that makes sense. Not a brand new sportscar, but an oldtimer. Not a villa in Hollywood, but a mansion on the English countryside.
It actually reminds me of very old, very good whiskey. It has that same boozy velvety texture.
To me it smells like make-up, whiskey, vanilla, and a lot of spicy florals. I absolutely love the ginger and the anise (I'm a HUGE fan of anise notes) blending beautifully with the ylang ylang and the orange blossom. My friend said it reminded her of old fashioned sweets, and I totally get that.

Though I really love this fragrance, I can not wear it every day (well, it wasn't made to be worn all day either). It's just too much over the top. I can only wear it when I'm dressed up for a chique occasion. When everything else is perfect, Classique is the icing on the cake.

I must say I prefer this to the EDP. The EDP is softer, gentler, more mature. Like the more grown up sister of the sparkly EDT. There character is in essence alike, but they are very different.

I do not really get the fuss around the bottle. I quite like it. It's a mannequin, that's all. It adds to the luxurious feel of this fragrance. And the corset is very... I would not say funny, but I can not really find another word to describe it in English. The corset makes me smile. In a good way.

on 3/30/2012 7:13:00 PM

This a heavier fragrances than I'm used to, but it's not overpowering or too "mature." It's a nice, nighttime scent, and I like the cute little bottle it comes in. The scent is powdery with a light floral musk (I scent rose), slight vanilla, spicy, warm and sweet. It lasts quite awhile without being obnoxious.

I originally just bought a small bottle of this on ebay because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about (okay, and because I love the bottle). I wasn't really expecting to like it, since the reviews made it sound too brash for me. And yet, I've absolutely fallen in love!

To me, this perfume is femininity without the woman. It is an enhancement of a strong, graceful, and beautiful woman's scent. Since I have barely any sense of smell (perfumes are one of the few things I can smell at all), few perfumes actually stir up memories for me. Classique is exceptional in that regard.

Classique reminds me of a dressing room during a performance. This might sound like a criticism, but as a dancer I mean this in the best way possible. As you walk into the room, the smell of aerosol hairspray hits you and mingles with the light scent of stage makeup. Then you smell the powdery resin from the ballerina's shoes and even the sweet, warm 'glow' of dancers warming up. And later, as the show ends and the dancers go home, the smell of the old hardwood floors remains.

Needless to say, I will need to buy a larger bottle of this soon.

on 9/18/2010 9:37:00 PM

My all time favorite scent. Wen I was a little girly best friend's glamorous mother had a bottle of this on her vanity, and I've loved it since.

I started wearing this when I was 18 and it has served me well for several years. I like the scent immediately, but it comes into it's own when it has had time to blend with the skin. It then turns sweeter on me, while still not being a little girl perfume. My friends and I call the EDT "woman perfume" because of how it makes us feel!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a beautiful scent which I was first introduced to by a friend from school - she had worn this from a very young age - 13 give or take - too young for such a sophisticated perfume in my opinion. When I was about 18 or so I decided to purchase my first bottle of this and was surprised at how different it smelled on me. This perfume starts as a very heavy scent with quite an "alcohol-y" note to it, however the "wind-down" of this perfume is when you truly get the benefit of it. It warms up on your skin and leaves a warm and spicy vanilla scent on your skin. In fact i have found my favourite "stages" of this this perfume to be the next day or after a shower. In doing this it leaves a much lighter and subtler form of this perfume. Overall this is a perfume i will purchase time and time again.

on 1/13/2009 3:00:00 PM

Smells like soap!

on 10/16/2006 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of my all-time faves. I wear it all the time. It's such a gorgeous scent!

on 7/5/2006 12:11:00 PM

Love this perfume(?) so much it's godsend for me can't live without it helps me so much beeing myself, the smell I love so much

This is my favorite scent. Its very romantic and feminine. I will buy it over and over again.

Popular Fragrances