Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favourites I had my eye on for ages before I purchased! It's a true 'classique' perfume, would suit all ages and has such a unique bottle. It's a must!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have been waiting to get this for months, and now i finally have it. Not only does it smell amazing, vintage, but very classy and sexy all at once, (like it says up top, an aphrodisiac like scent to it!) but i was scared to buy this, i tried the edt in the store not realising it was in fact the edt and it lasted a long time on me! (i normally only buy edps because my skin has terrible lasting power.) Now, bringing it home, it is even stronger than a lot of edps i have tried on each hand today to test its sillage and lasting length. Seeing as the reviews for the edp claim it smells extremely different and lots of people who like this don't like the other and vice versa - I'm extremely glad i got the edt because this scent couldn't be better, stronger than a lot of edp's, yet not too strong, smells beautiful, perfect lasting power and sillage. I don't like it when they mix up perfect edt's and then sell them making you think they're the same and bamb! Completely different fragrance!? Long live this classique Jean Paul Gaultier edt exactly as it is right now i say!

on 6/28/2016 4:25:00 PM

No other perfume I've tried can make me feel as sexy and as womanly as Classique EDT does. When I first smelled this a few years back, I told myself that this was going to be the scent I lose my virginity to, my honeymoon scent. To me it smells of seduction and romance in the most dramatic sense, rose petals over satin sheets, lace lingerie and garters (with matching heels ofcourse), a roaring fire-place, lovers cuddling and drinking champagne, a strand of pearls adorning her neck (and tomato red liptick stains adorning his ;)

This heady, distinctive scent is just almost too delicious for words; it's sweet, spicy, deep, warm and powdery, a 'curves in all the right places' floriental (yeah, yeah, just like the bottle lol)...something in the scent is reminiscent of beauty products you find on a woman's vanity table, like lipstick, body powder and lotion, but what I mainly get are notes of orange blossom, iris and rose, seamlessly blended into a hazy, warm spiced vanilla. A ginger note contributes to the overall heat factor of the scent, but rather than standing out and becoming a biting presence, it blends itself among the other notes, adding richness, sexiness and warmth.

It's a classic for the sensual and the provocative, an ageless scent for the uber-feminine. Just don't let the strong opening put you off, and for the love of all things fragrant, don't use this as a casual scent. You need to be dolled up to wear Classique, it requires perfect hair, a made up face and heels...so it's really best saved for the evenings, special events, or on those days you need an extra boost of confidence. Sillage and longevity is amazing, 10 hours on me and it's the kind of scent that could fill a room, so please spray with caution. I myself prefer using this with a light hand so that the scent gracefully emanates from my warm skin with its erotic creamy-spicy-sweetness (no more than 2-3 sprays on me, and a couple sprays sprayed on my clothes the night before), the last thing I'd want to do is assault the noses of anyone who comes within 10 feet of me. Seriously, when oversprayed, this can actually smell bad! Not only cloying, but bad in the sense that you end up smelling dated, vulgar, obnoxious and fake, like an out-of-work aging actress who piles on too much make up and dresses inappropriately.

on 3/25/2016 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this jpg classique and t. muglers alien and diors addict are how perfumes should be done! screw the floral fruity shit this is grown woman territory and I love all three mentioned but this classique is in a league of its own and a powerhouse as far as longevity..and not to mention the bottle is as unique as the fragrance.

on 1/16/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

JPG's Classique is one of the very few scents where I slightly favor the EDT over the EDP. I reviewed the EDP separately and gave it four stars. Usually, when given a choice, I much prefer the deeper, warmer EDP versions, for the additional ambery notes, and not least because EDPs usually last better on my skin. Not so with Classique. While I also own and like the EDP I got to sample the EDT a while after buying the EDP and side by side I noticed that there is a distinct difference in the overall impression of this perfume. Similar to Chanel No.5 I find the Classique EDT a lot more transparent and bright, but without being thin or fleeting. So the longevity of EDT and EDP is similar on my skin but I prefer the EDT's dry down because its rummy/ambery notes are less pronounced and the vanilla and orange notes are more prominent. Personally, I don't think either of the Classiques is girly, they are fragrances for a confident woman, I'd put them in the same league as Black Orchid, which is another masterpiece. Great choices for going out or on the weekends.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my signature fragrance. I love it because it is soft and smells clean and like talcum powder. It is subtle provided you only use a little and wafts around gently the entire day. I often spritz some in my hair too. The packaging is gorgeous and I love the corset bottle; its so timeless and elegant. Its well worth every penny.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

First thing that caught my eye was the packaging, it was absolutely gorgeous in the mannequin shaped bottle. The scent is quite strong, I had only sprayed it once on and wrist and it pretty much last the entire day.

Like perfumes, it is quite strong in the beginning but after awhile when it has died down a little, it is a rather floral smell, almost smelling like dried flowers. Very refreshing and a lovely smell but not something so strong that would give you headaches! It is not overpowering and contrary to what has been said, I think it would work just as well for day as for night although I would not overuse it too much.

on 11/21/2012 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My bf had bought me this as a gift because he loved it. I absolutely hated it at first, I was 19 then and it seemed way to grown up on me, but now years later, I'm falling in love with it! It's become my everyday frangrance for the office, it's a little heavy but it makes me feel all fancy and sophisticated. Great for going out as well when I want to get a bit classy. It's a classic scent that differs so much from all the fruity sugary floral scents dominating the market these days. It has great lasting power too, stays on all day. And the bottle is just beautiful.

on 5/20/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Disliked everything about it, cloying, cheap smelling for the price. Had a sample, would not buy a full sized. Dislike the headless horseman bottle too.

on 5/20/2012 4:04:00 PM

I simply LOVE this fragrance. It's strong, vibrant, and very sexy. It's so powdery and so sweet. I think it's very over the top in every way and that's exactly what I love about it. It makes me think of very luxurious things. But old luxury, if that makes sense. Not a brand new sportscar, but an oldtimer. Not a villa in Hollywood, but a mansion on the English countryside.
It actually reminds me of very old, very good whiskey. It has that same boozy velvety texture.
To me it smells like make-up, whiskey, vanilla, and a lot of spicy florals. I absolutely love the ginger and the anise (I'm a HUGE fan of anise notes) blending beautifully with the ylang ylang and the orange blossom. My friend said it reminded her of old fashioned sweets, and I totally get that.

Though I really love this fragrance, I can not wear it every day (well, it wasn't made to be worn all day either). It's just too much over the top. I can only wear it when I'm dressed up for a chique occasion. When everything else is perfect, Classique is the icing on the cake.

I must say I prefer this to the EDP. The EDP is softer, gentler, more mature. Like the more grown up sister of the sparkly EDT. There character is in essence alike, but they are very different.

I do not really get the fuss around the bottle. I quite like it. It's a mannequin, that's all. It adds to the luxurious feel of this fragrance. And the corset is very... I would not say funny, but I can not really find another word to describe it in English. The corset makes me smile. In a good way.

Popular Fragrances