Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

4.3

on 11/3/2008 10:41:00 AM

Oh How I love this, I don't know why I never discovered it before? It so crisp and elegant. Smells like money.. I will be wearing this a lot. Yummmmmm.. A little orgasmic for me....I could smell this all day on me. Great lasting power

on 5/21/2008 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pure Turquoise is interesting at first, a bouquet of white flowers next to the exfoliation table at the spa. Then about three minutes later, its dark side comes out. The name is fitting because it smells cheap, like the turquoise necklace you found at the bottom of the bargain bin and bought because you just couldn't go without it. But now you never wear it because it's really just hideous and screams Walmart.

on 12/15/2007 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after I read a breakdown of the components. I tend to run out and try every floral chypre introduced, so I was thrilled when I found one that lived up to my expectations. It is very different, and works well with my rather odd (apparently) body chemistry. I love how I smell when I wear it, but definitely tend to wear it in the Fall and Winter. I like greener scents when it warms up here in Texas. I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone, but I LOVE it!

on 6/4/2007 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

An excellent fragrance. A very different perfume. Either you will love it or hate it. I happen to really love it.

on 6/2/2007 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Reminds me of windows open at a beach house with the wind blowing
through, light wood furniture, natural weaves, lots of white with
turquoise and blue accents, and a bowl of lemons on the kitchen
counter. Pure Turquoise is a very clean scent with light citrus, fresh
air, a whisper of woods and pepper. Could possibly be worn in
a business environment. A tad too much pepper for my nose though,
and comes across as a bit synthetic. Similar to Juicy Couture
actually. Stunningly beautiful bottle.

on 5/5/2007 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I know fragrance is a very individual thing, but this scent is so interesting! In a good way. I sprayed a sample on and did not think much of it, but later it dried down to a really complex, interesting scent that is very nice and versatile. I like scents that actually lift my mood and this one does. It's not sweet at all, but very fresh. Not everyone will like it, but I do. Very unusual.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am a massive RL fragrance fan, I don't think there is one of his fragrances that I dislike. This fragrance is heaven, it has a crispness to it that I have never recognised in any of my other fragrances and I have hundreds of bottles. It is a sophisticated perfect blend, great for all year round and I don't know how others could dislike it, but hey everyone's tastes are different and if we all wore the same fragrance what a boring world we would live in. Anyway, it is a gorgeous fragrance and I recomend the smaller bottle as I have the largest and it is just too massive for your handbag, fine for your dressing table though.... Just beautiful .......

on 1/4/2006 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Update from when I first purchased Pure Turquoise early this year. I wear this ALL THE TIME now and get compliments from everyone! Gee you smell good! from both MEN and women. It's fresh and femimine smell and stays with me. Constant compliments mean...yes, keep it! I'm very picky when it comes to fragrances and wear very few, but if anybody doesn't love theirs, send it my way!

on 9/22/2005 8:18:00 AM

Pure Turquoise is as multi-faceted as the lovely bottle that it comes in, and I purchased the fragrance because the DH sniffed it on my arm and said "MMM, now THAT is for evenings out!"
To me it starts out with crisp greens, and shortly the flowers appear, like shimmering crystals. Lily and lily of the valley dominate on my skin, but the flowers dart in and out with the greens. I don't know how this happens, but they almost seem to alternate in dominance. Back and forth they go, until the base notes start to appear. I hardly detect the patchouli that is listed, just warm woods and a touch of the amber.
There is something in this fragrance that reminds me of the elusive karo-karounde, a form of jasmine. It is not listed in the notes, but I caught a glimpse of it and two fragrances flashed for me in my fragrance memory, Pleasures by Lauder and Panthere Eau Legere. Not that Pure Turquoise smells like either of these, but there is that fleeting moment of recognition, that moment when another fragrance pops into my mind.
Pure Turquoise is womanly, elegant, and sophisticated. It's urban, not country, and a constant, pleasant surprise with every sniff.