Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 4/7/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My index finger on my right hand has always had a tendency to peel, despite the fact that I take biotin every day. But over a month ago I had 3 nails peeling on my right hand...and when they grew out the littlest bit, the top of the nail would just peel off again before the nail even grew beyond the nail bed! I was getting soooo frustrated!

I came to this site looking for something that might help, and came across this product. I ordered it from Amazon for $9 after shipping, which is about the same price as an OPI polish. I've used it for 2 weeks, and I LOVE it!!!! It may not be a miracle product (my nails don't seem to be growing any faster) but it has certainly allowed my nails the strength to grow without breaking! The directions say that if you feel a burning you should stop using it or use it less often, but I don't feel any sensation at all. It looks and feels just like a strong base coat. (I've been putting the polish on every night before bed, layering it on top of the layer(s) from the night before...then took it off after a week and started again....and I took it off today to start another week.)

The top 3 pictures are my nails before the first use (you can see they are colored yellow from a strong brown polish I had used.) The bottom 2 pictures are from 2 weeks later (today.) If you look closely, you can see the peeling on my index and middle fingers of my right hand. Again, not a miracle nail grower...but imo a miracle nail strengthener!

Edit: May 1...I've been putting this product on my nails just about every day, and not taking it off unless it started peeling (which was about every week) then starting over. No nail-breaks all month until two days ago when I peeled off the polish, but decided not to re-polish until I went to bed...only to discover that one of my nails had broken in between times! It doesn't seem that this polish actually strengthens YOUR nails per se, but it definitely strengthens them while the polish is on them (which is still great imo!) In fact, I hit my pinkie nail on a printer at work the other day, and it bent backward 2mm into the nail bed and still didn't break! (But I had to cut it way down because my nail bed hurt every time my nail hit something.) My index fingernail was very long until yesterday when I hit it on the side of something...and it broke a piece off sideways so I just had to file the nail to be skinnier...but the rest of the nail was still very strong, and I didn't even have to re-polish it. I don't know about using this product with colored nail polish because I've just been using it alone every day, but I actually feel even sorrier for my previous self whose nails were always breaking, because now they're so easy to keep up! I was right to be so frustrated before :)

Edit: June 19. So I've decided this stuff actually DOES strengthen your nails when you've used it long enough because my nails are VERY strong without anything on them! But it took 2 months or so. Now I can put a layer of this on, put the polish on that I want, and put another layer of the this stuff over it as a top coat. (It really does help to let the color dry a minute or two, then dip your hand in ice cold water to dry the color completely...otherwise my polish was too pliable and would literally "move and tear" an hour or two later because of not drying all the way through.) Here are some quick pics I took at around the 2 month mark, just to show the nail growth in that time period.

Update: January 2016. I still LOVE this stuff!!!! Although I was going through it rather quickly since I use it as a base and top coat, even on my toes. So I finally took a chance on the cheaper Formula 2 version (not the plus) about 3 weeks ago. It's not as "gooey"...a little thinner...but it seems to work just as well at keeping my nails strong and keeping my polish looking nice. But honestly, my nails are now stronger with nothing on them at all so the real proof will be in a few months when the nails that have been treated with the plus version have grown out. I'll update again in a few months, but for now if your nails are doing well on the plus version, I do recommend trying the non-plus for less money.

I have noticed, as a side note, that when my nails DO break (more than a chip off the end), they tend to break down in my nail bed. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but ouch! It's only happened maybe 3 times and it might be my fault (trying to open a bathroom drawer from the side so it hit my thumb nail instead of using the drawer knob) but they do at least grow out faster now. And it's actually very difficult to cut my thumb nails now with a nail clipper because they're so thick and strong. YEAH!!!!!

on 7/24/2014 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

No pun intended, this is hands down the best thing I have done for my nails, I would never be without it as I noticed when I ran out in less then a week my nails were peeling and chipping. I have used this for two decades . At one point I purchased that pink gel nail coat which waaay overpriced and worse than that my nails peeled within eight hours of using. I also use the OPI nail strengthener under two coats of Nailtiques, although not necessary I like the buildup effect.

ATTENTION: I thought I was reviewing the regular number 2 formula not this one...BIG difference, I am sorry to whomever I steered wrong.

on 4/27/2014 12:41:00 PM

Love this product! I have dry, peeling nails. At first I bought Nailtiques 2 and used it for two months without any visible results. Then I bought Nailtiques 2 plus, and wow: within a month I became healthy nails! I highly recommend this product!

on 4/20/2014 2:22:00 PM

BUY IT! ok so I'm one of those people who hates to spend a lot of money on most things. I'm cheap. and this is not cheap. I got my teeny tiny bottle for $10 and I was shocked how little it was, but the reviews were all so good I went for it and I'm so so glad I did. Background on my nails. They were weak, flaked off and peeled like old wallpaper. They broke constantly and no matter what I tried nothing helped. I've tried most things listed below that others have tried all with absolutely no change in my poor nails. Finally it got so bad I couldn't even run my fingers through my hair without breaking a nail. Something had to be done. This was recommended by a youtuber. I wish I could remember her name I'd send her flowers. The reviews they aren't lying, this really does honestly work! I had to not wear nail polish for about month which sucked cause I'm addicted to doing my nails, but once again, the results were totally worth it. I put a fresh coat on my nails everyday for 5 days then took all the coats off and started again. I did this for two weeks straight then I did a coat every other day for two more weeks. then i started using it a base coat under my nail polish, every time I did my nails. It's been about three months and I haven't broken a nail in a month. There is almost no flaking on my nails now and they have gotten so long I needed to cut them back cause I kept scratching my self and my boyfriend (be careful what you ask for) The nail polish does get thicker but I didn't find it was a ridiculous amount. the brush doesn't seem to go all the way down so you kind of have to fish for it when you get to the bottom of the bottle, which I am at now after three months. I can't say if the results will last without using the treatment as I am still using it off and on at this point. However I will definitely repurchase if my nails start getting bad again. If you want healthier nails this is absolutely worth the money. It is something that truly does work.

on 12/28/2013 5:01:00 AM

This is the only thing that has worked for me. My nails are normally like layers of rice paper at the ends and never seem to grow. I tried this years ago, but I am not very good with the correct routine and gave up even though it was working.

I tried it again a couple of years ago but this time I follow the directions except I just slap it on the tips every day (sometimes in very low light) rather than trying to be perfect. Sometimes I do not remove it for a couple of weeks and just keep doing the tips. Since it is clear, it is hard to see how it really looks, but when I put strong ready readers on I know it is time to stop being lazy and to start from scratch.

My nails are now strong and a perfect length, but I do have to keep an eye on them because they grow too long now.

on 7/11/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

MY PROBLEM - I always had nice nails but occasionally have an issue with reoccurring flaking and weaker nails on my right hand index and middle fingers. About a year ago the flaking became significantly worse and affected more nails. In addition, two of my nails were barely growing past the base. Finally, my right hand middle finger nail was constantly tearing about halfway down the nail bed, resulting in painful weeks of growing out and filing. After about 3 cycles of the middle finger nail breaking I finally bought this product (after a failed attempt with some Sally Hanson product and nail hardener).

Does this work? Absolutely! After about 7 weeks of use everyday my nails are almost perfect and growing beautifully. The worst nails still look like they could flake a little but have not and my nails are generally looking health, long and even. They're even getting the fake nail look! You have to use this product exactly as directed (there's a little insert in the box with directions) -

1) Everyday! For the first two weeks I was varying how often I used it and it did nothing. About 3-4 weeks after I started using it everyday I noticed a significant improvement. I usually keep the bottle by my bedside and put on a coat before bed. It dries very quickly.

2) You have to remove it every 3-4 days. I don't get peeling but it definitely starts looking crusty. Also, it makes your nail yellow but that is easily fixed by buffing the nail when you remove/reapply.

3) Try to not wear nail polish until your nails start looking healthy. The dual purposes of this are to give your nail breathing room and allow you to apply Formula 2 everyday (it has to go under nail polish). Now days I don't even want to wear nail polish because my bare nails look so nice!

Bottom line - It works and is worth the price if you use it everyday, as directed.

on 3/6/2009 3:06:00 PM

After 40 some-odd years, I finally have nails that I must actually trim on occasion. My nails have ALWAYS been thin, bendy, and peely (thats a word, right?). It wasn't worth me trying to paint my nails since the second water hit them, my nails would bend and the polish would peel off. Now, polish lasts forever and I give the BEST back scratches!! I always used this with polish, even though the directions said not to, so I had no issues with peeling and this did not seem to diminish its effectiveness.

After I finished the bottle of 2Plus, I "graduated" to the Formula I Maintenance. I was worried that this would not sufficient, but they continue to be exceptionally hard, not brittle. They are so impressive now that when I hit my nail against something, I am not worried if I broke the nail, but if my nail broke whatever it was I hit. Worth every... single.... shiney.....penny!

on 9/29/2008 11:10:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff! It's expensive, but it's really worth it. I finally have the nails I always wanted! I had always, my whole life, suffered with extremely thin and bendy nails that peeled like crazy no matter how careful I was, and nail polish always peeled off because they were so bendy. I'd tried nail hardeners before, but they never did anything more than a regular clear coat on me.

So I did a board search, and they recommended this for me - I started using this stuff three weeks ago, and my nails are hard and healthy! No peeling, no splitting, no cracking, nothing! And polish stays on for a week! I can actually grow my nails out however long I want them! For the first time in my life, if I want my nails shorter, I have to deliberately cut or file them. Like a normal person!

I don't have a problem with this formula peeling off - It does eventually peel, but only after about 5-7 days, and that's about as long as you can expect any manicure to last.

I use this on the bare nail, then I use 2 coats of color, then Seche Vite topcoat, and then I apply a coat of this on top once a day for as long as my manicure lasts, and it stays really shiny and beautiful.

My bottle has not gotten gloppy as the pamphlet warns, but I think that's partly because I keep it in its original box. All nail polishes set by exposure to UV and/or cold, so if you just keep your nail polish in a dark box in a climate controlled room, they won't thicken for a loooong time.

If you have really week, bendy, splitting nails, I can't recommend this highly enough.

Popular Treatments