Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.6

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 7/15/2016 3:06:00 PM

I really wish I had taken before and after photos of my nails because they were in rough, rough shape my friends. Nailtiques has single-handedly turned them around. No joke.

I naturally have the woooorst dry, peely, problematic nails ever. Like, I always keep my nails polished not for the love of it - but to hide the nastiness that lurks underneath. Even worse, the polish would only last a day or two before looking terrible because of the peeling, and so it was a vicious cycle during which my nails could never heal. Anyhow, I picked up Nailtiques 2+ at Ulta about two months ago and ny nails currently have nary a flaw. It's not cheap, but I got the smaller bottle and it's still half full, and doesn't get thick and gloopy as time goes on.

My nails showed improvement almost immediately, but you have to let the damaged parts grow out to truly see the real effects. I am honestly amazed - I've used products that have helped the issue, but I never thought I would ever be rid of it. Of all my many reviews, this one for Nailtiques 2+ has the absolute LEAST amount of hyperbole, lol.

It is MIRACULOUS and has made my life so much easier by saving me time, lessening discomfort and self-consciousness...the $11-$17 is 100% worth it. If you have weak nails, RUN run run and get this stuff!

It is also just a real pleasure to use. Nice and smooooth, dries quickly. Brb, gonna go kiss my bottle.

on 6/23/2016 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My nails were horribly dry an were peeling halfway down the nail. I tried all sorts of treatments including Nail Envy, Solar Oil, Sally Hansen, Rejuvacote and jojoba oil. Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus was the treatment that finally saved my nails.

My before and after photos with no nail polish on in both pictures:

Full Size Image

To Read all 61 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I go through this stuff like carzy. I use Nail Magic as a back up when I run out but this stuff is great. Definitely does something at repairing the nails but it isn't magic by any means at all but better than nothing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hi. This came out when I was in high school 25 years ago. I bought it at a tanning salon of all places! This is the best nail treatment ever. Over the years, I have tried practically everything, but nothing compares to this. I always have this on hand. It does get thick when you have used half the bottle, but now they have thinner you can buy. You have to follow the directions. I use this as a basecoat, and as a topcoat it works as well, if not better than any of them out there. You can use a coupon at Ulta, and I buy it there.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Any time my nails start looking like hot garbage, I use this for a couple days. It's so weird how they look better immediately...I swear, I can almost see them grow in front of my eyes. My mom is a reformed fake nail junkie and I've also gotten her hooked on this. She leaves it beside her nightstand, and thanked me profusely for the recommendation.

Top notch product, albeit at a top notch price, but sometimes you have to pay for results.

on 11/23/2015 11:10:00 PM

This is a remarkable product.

My fingernails have become very soft and fragile in the past year. I couldn't get them to grow beyond my fingertips because they peeled and split so much. I made some changes to remedy the issue: 1) I stopped using normal nail polish remover and switched to an oil-based one by Karma Naturals. Even the non-acetone remover was drying out my nails too much. 2) I began wearing rubber gloves to wash dishes and do other housework. 3) I began to use a cuticle cream 4) I tried a nail strengthener

I first tried OPI's Nail Envy because it seemed like a tried-and-tested formula. Unfortunately, even after 4+ weeks of using it in the recommended manner, my nails were still peeling and soft. They were strong enough while I had the Nail Envy on them, but I could actually see them peeling beneath the layer of product.

I got a small bottle of Nailtiques due to the glowing reviews here. I didn't expect there to be much of a difference since the active ingredient is the same, but fortunately for me, Nailtiques has exceeded my expectations. After 2 weeks of putting it on twice per week, I noticed my nails felt harder. After another week or so, my nails began growing past my fingertips more easily, with no peeling, splitting, or other issues. Now I apply the product once per week to maintain my results.

The only issue is that Nailtiques, like other formaldehyde-based hardeners, can make my nails a little too hard. They don't peel or split now, but they are more prone to snapping or breaking if I'm not careful. Even so, that's an OK trade-off since my nails grow faster now.

I was a little worried about yellowing, but haven't had any problems with this product. Actually, Nail Envy did yellow on me. I figured out that it's really the product yellowing due to exposure to sunlight. Tip: If you remove the product as soon as you notice the yellowing, then it will not stain your nail. Just apply a fresh coat and keep an eye on it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this product is my Holy Grail base coat!! let me give you a little background:
i've been into polish and painting my nails on a daily basis for about 3 years now. when things started out, my nails were very nice and would grow to a decent length before i finally had to chop or file them down because of damage done by work (i work in a factory- very hard on the nails)
after a year or so i started having issues with peeling and splits.. i used OPI nail envy for quite some time.. it worked well for awhile.
the issues got worse.. it got to the point where i was unable to grow my nails past stubs for about 6 months. they'd split, peel or break instantly. i tried everything!! all kinds of oils, treatments, base coats, wearing gloves at work.. nothing helped until i found this product.
that was about a month ago. my nails are so long right now, i can barely type this testimony! lol! they grow and grow and don't break or split or peel for anything!! it is like a miracle happened.
this stuff is VERY expensive!! but i will find a way to afford it- i have never had nails this healthy in my entire life. all i do is use it as a base coat before i polish. it works decently as a base- dries quickly, holds the polish on fairly well..
if you have problems with splitting or peeling nails due to stress and too much chemical exposure, i would highly recommend this product. i hope it works as well for you as it does for me. i am absolutely in love with this treatment

on 4/28/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My nails are prone to peeling and breaking; they're just weak and soft. The only way to avoid this is to never paint them again. That just feels sad. I take Biotin daily and have for the past several years. Who knows if it helps at all. I have had this Nailtiques product a while, and always forget to try it because the situation seems like a lost cause.

Recently though, most of my nails were peeling and the outermost sections would just break right off. I was so frustrated I reached for this again. In about 2 weeks, the peeling is under control. Existing peels did not "seal up" of course, but there is no further damage. As my nails grow, I am able to cut away the weak ends and grow stronger nails.

I use this once a day, and try to only remove it when it starts looking brown. That is the only complaint I have. After about 3 layers, the nails have a gross nicotine brown tinge and I have to remove it all. Not much of a problem, really.

I did not try the 2 Formula, because well I don't listen to rules I guess *shame*. I have never had adverse affects from 2Plus, but be advised it is recommended to try 2 first.

on 4/14/2015 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Never tried Formula 2 and went straight to using 2 Plus since I wanted a stronger formula. My nails naturally grow well, flex, and peel easily. This formula works extremely well for my type of nails. They rarely peel, and they're very hard/durable now. I use it even when I don't paint my nails with a color since it keeps them healthy/looking good. This also works nicely as a base coat for color polish when I feel like using it. It took at least a month or two for this treatment to have lasting effects, so give it at least a few applications before writing it off.

on 4/7/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My index finger on my right hand has always had a tendency to peel, despite the fact that I take biotin every day. But over a month ago I had 3 nails peeling on my right hand...and when they grew out the littlest bit, the top of the nail would just peel off again before the nail even grew beyond the nail bed! I was getting soooo frustrated!

I came to this site looking for something that might help, and came across this product. I ordered it from Amazon for $9 after shipping, which is about the same price as an OPI polish. I've used it for 2 weeks, and I LOVE it!!!! It may not be a miracle product (my nails don't seem to be growing any faster) but it has certainly allowed my nails the strength to grow without breaking! The directions say that if you feel a burning you should stop using it or use it less often, but I don't feel any sensation at all. It looks and feels just like a strong base coat. (I've been putting the polish on every night before bed, layering it on top of the layer(s) from the night before...then took it off after a week and started again....and I took it off today to start another week.)

The top 3 pictures are my nails before the first use (you can see they are colored yellow from a strong brown polish I had used.) The bottom 2 pictures are from 2 weeks later (today.) If you look closely, you can see the peeling on my index and middle fingers of my right hand. Again, not a miracle nail grower...but imo a miracle nail strengthener!

Edit: May 1...I've been putting this product on my nails just about every day, and not taking it off unless it started peeling (which was about every week) then starting over. No nail-breaks all month until two days ago when I peeled off the polish, but decided not to re-polish until I went to bed...only to discover that one of my nails had broken in between times! It doesn't seem that this polish actually strengthens YOUR nails per se, but it definitely strengthens them while the polish is on them (which is still great imo!) In fact, I hit my pinkie nail on a printer at work the other day, and it bent backward 2mm into the nail bed and still didn't break! (But I had to cut it way down because my nail bed hurt every time my nail hit something.) My index fingernail was very long until yesterday when I hit it on the side of something...and it broke a piece off sideways so I just had to file the nail to be skinnier...but the rest of the nail was still very strong, and I didn't even have to re-polish it. I don't know about using this product with colored nail polish because I've just been using it alone every day, but I actually feel even sorrier for my previous self whose nails were always breaking, because now they're so easy to keep up! I was right to be so frustrated before :)

Edit: June 19. So I've decided this stuff actually DOES strengthen your nails when you've used it long enough because my nails are VERY strong without anything on them! But it took 2 months or so. Now I can put a layer of this on, put the polish on that I want, and put another layer of the this stuff over it as a top coat. (It really does help to let the color dry a minute or two, then dip your hand in ice cold water to dry the color completely...otherwise my polish was too pliable and would literally "move and tear" an hour or two later because of not drying all the way through.) Here are some quick pics I took at around the 2 month mark, just to show the nail growth in that time period.

Update: January 2016. I still LOVE this stuff!!!! Although I was going through it rather quickly since I use it as a base and top coat, even on my toes. So I finally took a chance on the cheaper Formula 2 version (not the plus) about 3 weeks ago. It's not as "gooey"...a little thinner...but it seems to work just as well at keeping my nails strong and keeping my polish looking nice. But honestly, my nails are now stronger with nothing on them at all so the real proof will be in a few months when the nails that have been treated with the plus version have grown out. I'll update again in a few months, but for now if your nails are doing well on the plus version, I do recommend trying the non-plus for less money.

I have noticed, as a side note, that when my nails DO break (more than a chip off the end), they tend to break down in my nail bed. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but ouch! It's only happened maybe 3 times and it might be my fault (trying to open a bathroom drawer from the side so it hit my thumb nail instead of using the drawer knob) but they do at least grow out faster now. And it's actually very difficult to cut my thumb nails now with a nail clipper because they're so thick and strong. YEAH!!!!!

Popular Treatments