Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by age: 25-29
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

For many years I used Everyday Minerals products for foundation, powder and blush, but eventually I switched to liquid foundations and haven't really ever looked back! I recently moved and have yet to bring all my makeup with me to my new place so every time I go back to visit my parents, I bring a few more items with me (that way the OH won't realise just how big my collection is as it will grow bit by bit...). I came across a half finished pot of EDM Finishing Dust and thought I would just bring it with me, as you always need finishing powder, especially if you're as oily as I am. Anyway, I started using this over my Mac Pro Longwear foundation and I was blown away! It gave me a velvety finish to my skin and definitely helped to keep the oil away even longer. It helped to blur out the texture of my skin and created a very smooth yet not artificial looking surface to my skin. I tried this with my BB cream as well and it gave the same effect. I'm NC15 and it didn't alter the colour of my foundation in any way. I will definitely be re-purchasing once I have finished my current finishing powder.

on 9/17/2012 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very oily skin but after applying this in the t-zone it leaves my face matte almost all day long with a silky finish. I have never used a better finsihing powder. Be careful to not apply too much though, it is prone to give you the look of dipping your face in flour if you use to much, and I also don't think this is for a person with dry skin.
The packaging is not very good because the jar is so small (in height) so if you bring it with you and it goes upside down and shaky in your bag, when you open it the powder is everywhere. So i keep it lid up at home.
I use it after Este Lauder Double Wear foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The BEST finishing powder (at least for me). It's truly sheer (unlike Bare Minerals sheer/original "Mineral Veil" which has an orange hue) and seems to wake up my skin. I use it with EM semi-matte foundation (the best, also), and it looks very natural, giving a lit from within glow. I have an oily T-zone and this controlled oil so well I didn't need a touch-up throughout the day (wow!). Application is effortless and produces an airbrushed/flawless finish. Love it. If you like Bare Minerals but dislike the quirks and high-maintenance, try Everyday Minerals.

on 5/24/2012 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Really nice. If you have a shiny face, just put this one and it looks awesome! I've used it in my t-zone the most, and with it, it looks really good..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic! Works just like Bare Escentuals' Mineral Veil. Gives your makeup a softness and definitely helps keep down on the oil production. I have a very mild oil problem in my t-zone. One light coat of this stuff keep the shine at bay all day! This is a must have when using any EM foundation!

on 5/28/2011 1:09:00 PM

I don't know why I waited so long to try this stuff! I have EXTREMELY oily skin and have tried everything to no avail. I have tried so many different foundations, primers, powders, etc. I got a sample of this and was shocked at how it kept the oil away. I figured it must have been a fluke. Well, I've been using this now for about six months and it works so well that I forget I even have oily skin. If you have normal or dry skin don't even bother using this. Sometimes I don't even have to reapply it during the day, or if I do it's only once. Before using it I had to blot my face at least five times a day, re-powder at least four times, and then reapply foundation and powder at least once. Now I put on my foundation (Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Make-up), dust on this powder, and I'm good to go for the day. I used their Kaolin powder before this stuff, but didn't really like it. I'm hooked for life! I really hope they never discontinue it. I think the key ingredient in this is the cornstarch. And it's cheap and lasts me several months.

on 12/14/2009 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Love love love this product, really controls shine.

I don't use this over my mineral foundation. I find that it works better over a tinted moisturiser, which really helps to cut that greasy look.

In the Try Me Kit, EDM sends you the Finishing Powder, Kaolin Clay and Natural Reflections. Natural Reflections, which making my pores look smaller, is not good for oily skin. It also has a strange tinge of colour to it that did not sit well with my skin. Kaolin Clay does nothing to control oil, even though it's supposed to. The best is the Finishing Powder, controls oil and does not interfere with the base colour.

For reference: I'm using the original, non-tinted version. For foundation, I'm currently going back and forth between EDM Matte foundation in Buff Fairly Light Neutral and Sally Hansen/Carmindy in Ecru Beige.

Price: Pretty darn cheap. It could work out to around four or five bucks a pop, if you get the 12-piece kit and stock up (though I haven't actually gotten twelve at once... eight, though, yes!).

Packaging: More portable than my beloved Sally Hansen Loose Cornsilk powder, I can carry this around with me for touchups as needed. They recently added a swivel cover to their sifter jars, which definitely helps prevent spillage. Granted, it is a bit bulky, but I've also decanted it to an empty Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil sample jar for use when I know I'm going to be carrying a smaller bag.

Texture: Extremely finely milled, and feather-light. It's not only good as a setting powder, but also for touch-ups; it doesn't cake-up, and it's not so heavy that it rubs off my makeup (which tends to happen with a lot of powders on me, and is extremely annoying).

Look: Matte finish, but extremely fresh. It's easy for me to overdo the powder (darn that pesky combo skin), but this never actually looks as if I'm wearing powder-- just looks like great skin. Surprisingly, I actually think this works even better over top of my SH liquid than it does over EDM. Either way, though, I love the fact that it's versatile enough to work well over both liquid and mineral foundations, so that's a bonus in my book.

Will I repurchase? Yes, and have. I'm just fervently hoping that EDM never discontinues this! continued >>

i've been using a sample of this and so far, i think i like it. the first two days i used it, it controlled shine pretty well, but today i did get shiny. not sure why...i could have used too much moisturizer since i was scraping out the end of a lotion sample today and wanted to use it all. it's definitely the most finely-milled powder i've ever seen and leaves a beautiful satiny finish that glows but doesn't shine. I've been dipping the end of my flat top brush to pick some up and dab it in key areas: nose, chin, forehead, apples of cheeks, and then buff it in with the FTB, same as i do the foundation. i'll have to play some more to see if i can figure out exactly how to obtain the best shine control from this, but so far i'm impressed!

on 10/24/2008 12:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I actually like it! It is very very fine and doesn't add any color to my skin, but sets the foundation very well.