Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

3.6

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

i ordered a sample of this from everydayminerals.com along with some other items. this is what stood out to be the most and has become one of my favorite finishing powders. it looks like a pale yellow color but it is translucent on the face. if gives a nice naturally matte finish to my skin which is what i crave. not a bit fan of the "dewy" finish. i am planning on purchasing the full size very soon.

on 2/6/2010 3:30:00 PM

Omg! This is my one true love! I have combination to oily skin and this is perfect! I usually only wear foundation on special occasions, so every other day I wear concealer and dust this on top of this. It keeps my oily skin at bay and it makes my skin feel soft and smooth! I might get a little bit of shine throughout the day but it's more like a natural glow(: I will never use anything else. Thank you everyday minerals!

on 12/22/2009 11:01:00 AM

I normally really like translucent powders, but this one does nothing for my very oily skin. It has no staying power...I had to reapply after about 2 hours, and I blotted in between. It has a nice smoothing effect on the skin, but only for as long as it stays on.

It is a decent setting powder for makeup. Makes yr face flawless and it does help to control shine. However, the packaging is reli bad. It can be very messy.

on 12/22/2008 1:12:00 AM

this doesnt really do much for me
i sometimes forget to use it, but whether i remember or forget, i really dont notice a difference at all =/
my face still gets pretty oily by night time with or without the finishing dust & my makeup usually doesnt budge either so i really dont even know why i bother putting it on sometimes =/

wish i got a blush instead xD

on 5/22/2008 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Fantastic product! It smooths out your skin and controls oil reasonably well. Even though I do get oily after a few hours, my foundation stays on longer and the colour is much better. Boyfriend says my face is soo smooth when I wear this, hehe.
Edit: No comparison with MAC blot.

Haven't really used it fully, but I just got it in the mail with my fairly light! all large sizes. it is very see-thru. it looks like the mineral veil just a lighter color. and no shimmer particles. The grains are literally not there. Idk what people are talking about. But anyway, I applied some after school but my makeup was cakey before the application so I can't really tell if it works but it did keep my skin very soft and oil free. we'll see the test when I go to school tomorrow and how long I will be shine-free.

ediiit;
meh doesn't do much for me. leaves my pores looking the same. it does cake and it doesn't give me that much shine control. I have to put another powder over my face so my pores disappear.

edittt;
gave me cyst acne and little mini pimples.

on 4/3/2007 2:02:00 AM

I actually think I like this better than BM Mineral Veil, but I'm not too sure as I've only tried the sample size. This sets my mineral foundation/concealer and keeps it looking nearly airbrushed and natural for hours, which is insane because I have very oily skin. I looooove it. I also love that they have three different ones to choose from. The finishing dust and silk dust are both great.

on 10/21/2006 5:07:00 PM

This is fairly good as far as finishing powders go. It doesn't control oil that well though- I have to reapply it after an hour. So I tried putting extra on in the morning to make it last longer (I know, I'm an idiot) and It looked cakey and gross. And it didn't last any longer:S
So then I tried putting it on before my foundation and then again over. That didn't help either really
So I'm not entirely sure why I gave this such a high rating. Seeing as it doesn't really work for me.
To be fair, if you have normal skin, this will probably work for you. But if you suffer from excessive oil, it probably won't make much of a difference.
EDIT***Turns out I'm allergic to cornstarch or something- this stuff is giving me weird bumps.Changed the rating to a 2. I really want to try Carina's new balancing dust though, and see if it's any better continued >>

This stuff is awesome at controlling oil and does a decent job at hiding the appearance of my pores. I use it before&after I put on my intensive foundation in medium beige/summer; it works a lot better that way. In fact, one day I discovered it missing from my little make-up pouch and I was really upset- my make-up didn't look as smooth that day as it usually did. Would definately buy this product again.