3.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I really love this product. I was worried the first time I used it and saw the initial white cast it left on my skin (I'm naturally very olive/medium-toned) - but thankfully had read the reviews here first so expected it to pass, and it did. A few minutes after applying, I find it sinks in and leaves a nice subtle glow to my skin. I actually find I really like the thicker consistency, particularly now as it's turning colder. Makes my skin feel a bit more nourished, but I also feel more protected...like it's not just going to evaporate off my face. This is my new go-to and I'll be re-purchasing.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesBrown

7 months ago

I got a full size tube of this in my Dermstore Beauty Fix box this month (which I LOVE getting -- like Christmas every month!). I was reminded that I really liked this moisturizer after trying it a few years back. This is kind of thick and white at first so you need to spend a few minutes rubbing it in, but once it settles it leaves a lovely, almost glowy (but not shimmery or overly dewy) finish. On a recent 90+ degree day I asked my husband and kid if my face looked oily and shiny or glowy and healthy and they said the latter. I wish it was SPF 50 and about $10 cheaper, but otherwise very good! BTW, this favorable review does NOT extend to the tinted version, which I hated and threw away.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

a year ago

This moisturizer is my favorite skincare product. I have very sensitive porcelain skin and I’ve tried dozens of spf products - this is the only spf lotion that does not burn and sting my skin. It’s thick, but not greasy. It smells divine and is very moisturizing. I know some people don’t like how white it is, but it matches and evens-out my skin tone so it’s like two products in one for me. I love how it’s all-natural, cruelty-free, and vegan. It’s like a daily vitamin supplement for your skin. I highly recommend this product.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I feel I need to stand up for this brand and product because it's truly a HG item for me. I searched for over 2 years for a facial sunscreen that was affordable as it's an every day use product, offered actual protection and didn't make me break out ( the hardest challenge). I spent a gross amount of money on every spf that was recommended to me, I researched myself or had heard about. Every single one caused me to break out, most giving me cystic acne breakouts. It was one of the hardest and most frustrating challenges of my life. Then I discovered Juice Beauty and havn't looked back. It has never made me break out, and if applied properly, offers protection and is wearable under make up. I can't say enough good things about it besides that it was a life saver for me. The key is applying it and giving yourself enough time for it to fully sink in before applying makeup, otherwise makeup will just slip off your face. Don't do too much, better to apply a couple layers so each can sink in instead of too much product that makes you look greasy. I recommend this stuff to everyone I meet who has struggled with acne like myself and is desperate for a product to protect them from the damaging sun without totally killing any self esteem from breakouts.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

5 years ago

I really like the Juice Beauty oil-free moisturizer. I ended up buying this one by accident when I ordered it off Amazon. The packaging is the same: a fairly traditional squeeze tube of lotion. Unfortunately, the moisturizer with SPF is anything but sheer. It is thick and white and very hard to rub into your skin. I tend to mix a bit of the oil free moisturizer with it just to make it easier to apply. I use this product in the summer months, when I spend a considerable amount of time outdoors and when I run in the sun. I have never spent a day on the beach to truly test the protection this offers, but it has served its purpose for the daylight activities I need it for. It does wear white, so I always use a tinted moisturizer or foundation over it if I am going to be out of the house. Despite it's shortcomings, this is still the best cruelty-free SPF moisturizer I have found that wears well and does not break me out.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

EyesBrown

8 years ago

I have really sensitive skin and Juice Beauty's Sheer SPF 30 Moisturizer is the only sunscreen I can use that doesn't irritate my skin! I love how it is chemical free and doesn't have the nasty sunscreen smell! It feels really good on my skin and works great!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I totally love this product!!! It feels so light on my skin and prevents me from getting sunburned! I read a review that said it goes on white but this does not happen if you apply a little at a time and rub in all the way like i do! When i want a little coverage on my skin i use the SPF 30 Mineral Light Moisturizer to make my skin look flawless without looking like i caked on makeup! Give it a try- it's totally fabulous!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

9 years ago

I was sorry to read so many negative comments about this product. Maybe you're all using way too much of it and therefore it makes you look "chalky white" I have tried this one and the light tint one that Juice Beauty carries and I love it. Not only because it feels great on my skin but also because the ingredients in it are good for my skin. For those of you who think that it make you look "white," try the tinted ones...

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

2.0

9 years ago

i have looked long and hard for an oil free moisturizer with an spf of 30 or higher. there are not too many out there. i had been using peter thomas roth, which i love, but recently i'd begun looking for one that was organic/natural AND affordable, so i decided to try this one. i like it after it soaks into my skin, but it takes awhile to soak in and is very greasy at first. i have combination skin, but do not usually get too greasy midday, after makeup application. however, with this, i do. i have to reapply my powder-foundation 1-2 more times in a day. with PTR i never had to. i really wanted to like this, but i think i'll have to try something else when my tube is empty.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

10 years ago

I know there are alot of negative reviews for this product but it is working for me. I am using it with clinique dramaticaly different moisturizer lotion( I know what people say about mineral oil but I checked and it's actually does not clog pores) and benzaclin. I just started using benzaclin and wanted a physical block sunscreen with no sulfates/parabens/bad stuff. Chemical-avobenzone and such sunscreens make my face turn red and burn- I have also read they lose their effectiveness when combined with certain mineral makeup and can degrage and lose it protection power. Benzaclin can be very drying so I am really enjoying the extra moisture this sunscreen provides. While people did complain it was greasy I use it with mineral makeup (BE) and get a good result with a foundation and translucent top layer, it looks like I used primer with it but didn't. I use a small amount-pea size to dime and then don't rub it in all over right away but pat it over my face/neck and then rub smaller sections so I don't tug my skin too much. I let it sit for around 15-20 minutes and then do my makeup after. I have a little shine on my forehead and nose but would rather have a little shine than a lotta harsh chemicals. It did take a couple tries to figure out how much to use and if I needed a regular moisturizer with. Sometimes I am not happy when I first use a product but just need to change up how I apply or how much/in what order I apply to make it look pretty under makeup. With practice I found this combo works for me.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age25-29