Adidas 24hr Control Absorbent-Deo

Adidas 24hr Control Absorbent-Deo

3.0

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This WAS my favest deodorant! I quit seeing it in stores & kinda forgot all about it until now. It was sort of expensive & used up quickly but it was very effective & smelled great! I will have to BOLO for a couple sticks!! I am not loyal to any 1 deodorant, I just go around buying what's sort of not too astronomical & what I think would have a good scent, also clear is preferred. Since I am such a big Adidas Moves fan, it's not a huge surprise that I also loved this deo!! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I wanted to like this but the scent does not mesh well with my body chemistry. I feel foolish for purchasing this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am extraordinarily picky about deodorants, and so far this is my favorite. It does a much better than average job of keeping me dry and inoffensive and, unlike most women's "invisible" deodorants, this one does not make a mess of my clothes or turn into a chalky mess on my skin. I couldn't even count the number of shirts I've had ruined by aluminum-containing products (greasy stains and gummy seams). Finding an effective, aluminum-free deodorant is pretty tough, especially if you aren't willing to go about your day smelling like Right Guard, but Adidas delivers. I smell fine, not spanking fresh, but fine after a 16 hour day wearing this, and the fitness fresh scent is very agreeable. Am I the only one who thinks that 99.9% of women's deodorants smell like portable toilets? My only complaints are that this product can be quite hard to find, and that I do have to keep a stick of Dove around to use after shaving, as this is a little sharp on raw skin. For the record, the men's Ice Dive version of the same product is also quite good, but has a stronger fragrance.

Who knew there could be a deodorant out there that didn't make me miserable?

on 3/10/2008 3:41:00 AM

Hi, i just want to say that i have tried Crystal deodorant, which has the ingredient potassium alum, which is part aluminum, this same ingredient is also in the "deodorant stone" "Thai deodorant stone" or any deodorant that claims to only have natural mineral salts. I just want to clarify, the reason why these work so well is because it has aluminum, if you read the label it says "mineral salts" aluminum IS SALT, or mineral salt. This is the same salt that makes up the aluminum in most antiperspirants. I found this out after reading about it online and calling the company, they claim that it is not as absorbed in the skin as other antiperspirants, but that statement cannot be justified.

That being said, i have also tried arm and hammer natural deodorant "fresh" scent, that is aluminum free and paraban free, also i have tried the baking soda technique and the crystal deodorant spray. Crystal works best, but if you really want the best advice, first wash the armpits throughly. Then use a little less than a dime size amount of baking soda and a splash of water spread evenly between the 2 armpits, and then use a cotton ball to dabble away any excess amount. Then once this has dried, use your favorite non aluminum deodorant, i alternate between the arm and hammer deodorant, and Adidas. If the baking soda technique is not used, you will smell like a rotten inion. Believe me, i sweat a lot and the sweat is not really going to decline but you will not stink, you may need to re-apply in midday. Also make sure to apply 9-10 circular strokes of the deodorant with good coverage, this makes a big difference in you stinking or not.And when you re-apply you only need about 4 strokes. I have also heard of using milk of magnesia, about a tablespoon for both arm pits, heard it works wonders, never tied it. It will be my next conquest. Good luck to all women, and remember aluminum causes breast cancer and Alzheimerz. And before you use the "deodorant stone", "The Thai deodorant stone" or "crystal deodorant" research the ingredients in their so called mineral salts, potassium alum. Here are the specs for those who want to be informed:

on 2/16/2008 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree the fitness fresh smels like men's cologne. I prefer the powder scent although I don't truly "like" it. But it's tolerable. Anyway, this is indeed a tad sticky and certainly won't control wetness like an antiperspirant, but it is aluminum and paraben free and that is what I am looking for. It does a good enough job although when summer hits I will have to give myself a whiff to see if it holds up. In the dead of winter I can easily get away with less protection. I will buy again, mainly because it can be swiped on quickly (unlike Kiss My Face liquid rock roll-on, which works well but takes a while to dry and often leaves my pits red). I'm not too smelly as a rule so YMMV. But worth a shot if you want aluminum-free. EDITED: Stopped using this since it has triclosan which is I believe banned in the EU. I think it has toxicity issues and it contributes to resistant bacteria to boot (although I don't know if it does the latter in one's pits)

on 1/19/2008 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well, it doesn't work for 24 hours as it claims. I like the fact that it is more natural than other deoderants, with it's cotton technology thing, and I kind of like the scent. I got two in a BOGOF sale, so I have the sporty blue cap scent and the pink powder scent. I like the scent of the powder one more, although it doesn't smell powdery, kind of like roses. It's not unpleasant. I don't like that it only deoderizes for 12 hours, though. If I put it on in the morning after my shower, I stink at bedtime. So I won't be buying it again.

on 1/17/2008 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I tried this because it was on sale and I had a coupon. I wasn't nuts about the scent but it's so subtle I barely notice it. It goes on clear and keeps me dry and fresh, but I got some irritation. Not a lot. Oh well, I only paid 62 cents for it. I will go back to my crystal rock deodorant.

on 1/16/2008 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a very basic deodorant. Didn't perform miracles but kept me quite dry and odourless. I liked the big ball. It didn't take too much time to dry so that I could get dressed.
The only con was that I happened to pick the wrong bottle with a very powdery scent which I didn't like. I'll probably be repurchasing, but definetely in another scent.

on 12/20/2007 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'll be perfectly honest. I didn't even use this for more than a couple of days before I stopped using it. The scent of "Pure Powder" was nauseating upon application, my underarms felt kind of sticky, and I wasn't about to go around smelling like this all the time. It's weird, because I used to use an Adidas antiperspirant before I couldn't find it anymore, and that "Pure Powder" scent was light and clean smelling. Not like this one, which packs a certain "in-your-face" scent.
To be fair, I realize that some people say that your underarms need time to adjust to a deodorant that's not an antiperspirant, and things will kick in after a while. I'm not saying this doesn't work in that respect -- I'm saying the smell straight up turned me off altogether that I didn't even want to bother finding out if it could control wetness and all that jazz. What's the point if I feel like I already stink?

on 11/4/2007 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an effective aluminum-free and paraben-free deodorant that doesn't leave white marks, doesn't require drying time, and it's cheap and easy to find! For me, it holds up great for 8 hours on its own, but stays strong for 12 hours when Crystal Deodorant Rock is applied underneath (as mentioned by kak513 in her review 3 down from mine). I use the Icy Burst scent, and it's pretty mild, blends in well with most my perfume. I wish they made an unscented version, but oh well. I decided that I don't want to clog up my pores and lymph nodes with aluminum or parabens. I weaned myself off antiperspirants 3 years ago, then began my quest to find an effective organic deodorant. After trying 8 different kinds of natural and organic deodorants, I've learned that Crystal Deodo-Rock products work best, and natural products need to be used in combination (usually with crystal rock) to get odor protection that lasts more than 4 hours. Seriously, I don't always have time for that, so I use this Adidas stuff instead and I'm a stink-free girl all day. This product is not organic, but it's aluminum and paraben free, which is better than most deodorant products on the market.

Popular Body Skincare Products