DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
DHC Deep Cleansing OilDHC deep cleansing oil Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

on 10/13/2017 2:41:00 AM

So I tried this hesitantly since I saw reviews saying that it will dry you out, so I ordered the smaller size 75 ml I think and gave it a try. It does feel clean borderline drying once you wash it on your face but it effectively gets rid of my biore sun screen...I think the reason I haven't been drying like others is I follow a double cleanse routine so I use this then I wash my face again with physiogel cleanser that kinds of seals in the moisture. Been trying it a week so far I haven't gotten any patchy or dry skin. Oh I did wash my face using just this to remove mascara and it wasn't able to take it off. I had to go back and use my Heroine make eye make up remover to get rid of the panda eyes after washing.

PRICE:Bought it in retail here in Manila, Philippines for 700 pesos so around 14 dollars.
PACKAGING: It looks like a clinical bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where do I start?

Pros:
- Non-oily oil that transfers into foam when in contact with water (you suppose to put some into your palms, massage into the face and rinse it off once you stop massaging in about 30-40 seconds). Easy to rinse off, no residue;
- removes facial makeup really well;
- love the packaging.

Cons:
- My face quite literally drinks it. I stop massaging it into my skin in about 30 seconds when I have no product to massage. I feel like my skin absorbs it quite well;
- I've got big painful zits on my chin, on my nose, on my temples, and on my cheeks. No makeup can cover them up. I haven't had those for ages and it seems I'm not the only one who've got them from using this product... I use double cleansing method, but my second cleanser is no help when it comes to this product performance;
- it doesn't remove well eye makeup (by eye makeup I mean Diorshow mascara, the only product I currently use) and it irritates my sensitive eyes;
- it badly dries out the skin if used without second cleanser, and even with... No moisturizer can help the damage.

I can only recommend it to people who miss having pimples and a flaky skin.

Hate it - after only two nights of use it totally dried my otherwise normal skin out and left it feeling like sandpaper no matter how much hydration I applied during the day and night. Beware!

on 10/1/2017 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have to give this product some credit because it does take off makeup conveniently, however after 2 months of use I realized it was sucking the life out of my face!! I was thinking, do I need a new foundation? Do I need an expensive serum? Even putting heavy moisture on after wards does nothing to combat the visible flakes and dryness. I was so oily and dry at the same time, it was not a good look. AND I was getting cystic pimples on my chin. The placement of said pimples indicates a hormonal component but after discontinuing use they went away.

So how to remove makeup without stripping? I now use a milky non foaming cleanser which I remove with a warm wash cloth. Using this method, I can remove makeup without ruining my skin. After one day of this switch my skin looked creamy in the morning and my foundation looked ten times better.

Just goes to show that popular reviews don't necessarily mean best for me. Would not recommend for any skin type.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Too drying. Removes make up easily, leaves no residue, easy and hassle free. But for the price and drying factor I won't buy again.
I think Shu Uemura oils are much better.

on 9/23/2017 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too greasy. And erroneously enough, after using it, my skin feels as dry as cork (this while I have combo skin).

The cleansing factor is just ok.

Overall, I am not impressed. Kiehl's cleansing oil easily beats this one.

on 9/7/2017 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

HG alert!!! The best makeup remover at the moment for me. I have tried numerous makeup remover but this one wins!

LIKES
- Hassle free. No more cotton pads, wipes, face towels etc. All you need is the cleanser and water.
- It takes off E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Just masage the oil into your skin (I do this for at least one minute) and rinse it off with water. I double cleanse at night so I follow my normal cleanser after that.
- Little goes a long way. One pump is enough if you don't have so much makeup and two if you are full on.
- Didn't break me out.
- If you have dried out pimples, this cleanser helps to unclog and remove those dried 'pimple heads' (hope I'm making sense here). Gently massage the cleanser to the affected area and all the dried pimple heads will be unclogged and loosen. Rinse off with water.

DISLIKE
- None but for some, this cleanser may appear on the pricey side.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

100% necessary if you are a foundation wearer. If you've ever toned after cleansing off your foundation, you know that foundation is super hard to get 100% off, even if you have used face wash and scrubbed twice. I use a small quarter sized amount of this "oil" and rub it all over my face and it dissolves waterproof makeup, mascara, foundation, etc. and then when you wash it off with water, it turns into MILK (aka not oily at all!!!) and washes off clean. NEED!

on 8/23/2017 10:18:00 PM

My favorite cleanser, hands down. Cleans thoroughly without drying and rinses away smoothly. Post-cleaning my skin feels clean without being tight. A little goes a long way, so it's a great value.

on 6/5/2017 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Such a unique product, so amazingly branded! I am a really fan of a brand that does one thing really well! And DHC does. I never thought before to use oil to wash my face and remove makeup. The price is alright because a little goes a really long way. It's such a success for good reason. I heard that there's one sold every ten seconds and I will continue to play a part of that hahahahaha