DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
DHC Deep Cleansing OilDHC deep cleansing oil Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I've used a lot of cleansing oils, and to me, this ranks somewhere in the middle. It's an effective cleanser, a bit more drying than most, and is harder to rinse off than others but will eventually come off without needing a double cleanse. I finished the bottle, but for my sensitive skin, I prefer Origins Clean Energy, Hylamide High Efficiency or Fresh Seaberry.

I first used the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil over 20 years ago. Over the years, I've drifted away, tried other things, then always, ALWAYS, come back to this. My skin has become dry (was combination) and is very reactive as I have aged and this effectively takes off all makeup (including waterproof mascara) and cleans my face completely with one wash. Unless I am sweaty I never need a second cleanse and any toner I use only finds the most minimal trace of dirt left. Though I am better if I moisturize after I use it, on nights when I am exhausted I can cleanse, fall into bed and my face isn't dry wreck in the morning. With daily use I go through almost 4 bottles a year and can stock up for less than $100 when DHC does a buy 3 get 1 sale every year. Get this and stick with it and thank me later.

This is my HG facial cleanser. Over the years I have tried many trendy cleansers. Some have been decent, some have been lackluster. This is the only one that I have repurchased multiple times. It's marketed as the first step in the double cleanse method: a makeup remover to use prior to a more soap-like second step cleanser. Honestly, this Deep Cleansing Oil is so effective I really don't think the second step is necessary. This oil easily removes all of my makeup (long wear foundation, waterproof mascara, lip stains, etc) plus any sunscreen and/or heavy moisturizer. One and a half pumps covers my face and neck. This product is so satisfying to apply to your dry face full of makeup, gently massage in, then ever so slightly dampen your fingertips to emulsify the oil on your face and neck. It always rinses clean and never leaves my face feeling oily or taut. I'm not sure if all sizes include it, but my full-size bottle includes a clip to keep the pump from depressing, which is handy for travel. Recently I noticed that Ulta has added this product and some of the other best-selling DHC products, so I'm excited that I can now earn Ulta rewards points for purchasing this!

on 2/22/2019 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I'm a longtime fan of MAC Cleanse Off Oil, have been using that on and off for years and repurchased several times. I'm happy with it. It works for me. Back when I got my first bottle it was pretty much the only emulsifying oil cleanser on the market where I am, at least the only one I could find. I decided to branch out a bit and try other similar products, not because I'm dissatisfied, but because I just haven't, and so this is the first oil cleanser I've tried apart from the MAC and just using straight-up oil (which is too much hassle for me, frankly).

Annnnnd I like this, it's nice. Except for the fact that I immediately got a smattering of little pimples that I typically don't have anymore, mostly the typical cosmetic reaction kind of whiteheads and eventually, after a few days, a deeper, mildly cystic one. My skin clogged up. This is the only new product in my regimen, so I think I'll just have to assume that the high concentration of capric/caprylic triglyceride or something else in this triggers acne for me. Olive oil is the second ingredient in MAC Cleanse Off Oil too, so it shouldn't be that. But I'll be going back to the MAC oil for now.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff - and I have breakout prone skin that is prone to dryness in the winter - even eczema. It smells divine, does not irritate my skin ever, is the perfect amount of oil, and feels like it really gets my makeup off. It just makes me feel good. It's usually my first step, which I will follow with another wash with a mild cleanser - or a miceller water. The price is moderate for something that feels so luxurious. one pump - maybe two is plenty for me - perhaps some people are using too much so they are having trouble getting it off?

on 12/21/2018 12:11:00 AM

I have oily combination skin that can have dry areas around the nose and mouth during winter. I am a firm believer of double cleansing and enjoy cleansing balms and cleansing oils. A lot of people rave about this DHC oil and how it's the OG one that I need to try. I purchased directly from the DHC site, and DHC is a Japanese brand. You can purchase this oil for $28, and it comes with 6.7 fl. oz. of product. I think the pump packaging is great, but I wish there was a way to lock the pump for storage or travel.

I tried this for about a month and while it does remove make-up and sunscreen very well, I am not a fan of the texture in the slightest. It feels quite heavy on my skin...even during the winter...like I am washing my face with cooking oil. It is made with olive oil which is beneficial for the skin, but I've been using extremely light balms and oils, so this just feels unpleasant for me. There are better options out there in my opinion. Right now, I am really enjoying the Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm. If you have dry skin, you might really like the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil because it's heavy and provides moisture while cleaning your skin. It's just not for me.

on 12/6/2018 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My Holy Grail oil cleanser. The oil cleanser by which I judge all other oil cleanser (because occasionally I stray like the skincare junkie I am). Is it more expensive than other oil cleansers? Yes. But it also consistently removes all my makeup, doesn't irritate my eyes, doesn't break me out, and rinses away completely. Honestly there are a lot of days when I'm not wearing makeup where I use this as my first and only cleanser and my skin is perfectly cleansed and perfectly happy. And this is the best thing for oil massaging away some Retin-A flakies, or gently cleansing your skin when your moisture barrier is fried (not that I'd know anything about that). Like I said it's a bit pricer than other oil cleansers, but a bottle lasts a surprising amount of time since you only need 1 pump's worth to be effective. Never change DHC, never change.

on 11/14/2018 4:30:00 PM

I've wanted to hop on the double cleansing train for a while now, and this has been a great first step. I usually need a lot more than just face wash to remove my winged eyeliner and waterproof mascara, but this has done a fantastic job of taking it off quickly and without rubbing my face off. A little on the pricey side, but if you're on the fence you can always shop during a sale.

on 11/4/2018 10:36:00 PM

长闭口。。。

Wonderful cleanser for oily sensitive skin!