DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
DHC deep cleansing oil Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

100% necessary if you are a foundation wearer. If you've ever toned after cleansing off your foundation, you know that foundation is super hard to get 100% off, even if you have used face wash and scrubbed twice. I use a small quarter sized amount of this "oil" and rub it all over my face and it dissolves waterproof makeup, mascara, foundation, etc. and then when you wash it off with water, it turns into MILK (aka not oily at all!!!) and washes off clean. NEED!

on 6/5/2017 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Such a unique product, so amazingly branded! I am a really fan of a brand that does one thing really well! And DHC does. I never thought before to use oil to wash my face and remove makeup. The price is alright because a little goes a really long way. It's such a success for good reason. I heard that there's one sold every ten seconds and I will continue to play a part of that hahahahaha

on 5/8/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good stuff. Not brilliant stuff but good. Doesn't feel like an everyday cleansing product but a twice a week one. Helps get make up off and useful as part of a double cleanse. Comes off best with a hot cloth. I am always cautious of using oil cleaners if I am not washing my hair. It feels good using in the bath with hot steam opening up pores etc. This is definitely an "oily" product. It does not make me spotty. It smells of olive oil which I found disconcerting to begin with. It leaves a residue so is definitely the first stage of a double cleanse.

Best makeup remover ever. Just a simple massage on my face, followed by a rinse. I even put in through the test by using bioderma after to make sure all traces of makeup has been removed. And theres literally nothing left on my face. I even use this to remove my sunscreen thoroughly, it doesnt break me out too. I can rave on and on about this product

Got a free sample of this online and it was love at first sight. I love the packaging, simple one (made in Japan). Its very easy to use. No need to use cotton pads, gets rid of the make up so easy and surprisingly even eyeliner and mascara. I like that my skin felt soft and smooth after rinsing. Before, I was using the Nivea facial wipes and I think the contents are too strong for my skin.. I will definitely buy a full bottle of this. Thumbs up DHC!

on 3/23/2017 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Gets every bit of makeup off easily. Doesnt leave your skin greasy. Cleansing oils make me break out and this one hasnt. makes my skin very soft.

on 2/13/2017 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I wear a full face of makeup, with waterproof eyeliner and mascara and spf 50 physical sunscreen every day. This cleansing oil takes everything off and when properly emulsified with water rinses off with no residue left behind. I've tried other brands of cleansing oil, and they just do not compare in terms of its ability to remove makeup and how cleanly it rinses off. I also like that it is olive oil based instead of mineral oil and has relatively low amount of ingredients. I have finished one large bottle and have already repurchased. I feel like I break out less now because of how well it removes my makeup and sunscreen. Highly recommend!

on 2/9/2017 11:29:00 AM

DHC changed the way I think about skin care. I had always suffered from mild to moderate adult acne and was a hard core Paula's Choice 2% Salicylic Acid person. No moisturizer; my skin was oily and I didn't think I needed it. (My skin was actually a little red and dried out.) But one day the DHC catalog came in the mail, with samples. I gave the basic routine a go. Suddenly I had more of a calm, nourished glow. I was converted.

The Deep Cleansing Oil is the most essential part of the routine. It's a pleasure to use, has a mild, refreshing smell, and I really love it. Occasionally, I worry about the rosemary oil: could I become sensitized to it, as Paula might suggest? But that doesn't seem to be a problem so far. I still use Paula's Choice Clear 2% Salicylic Acid Toner sometimes, but not twice a day.

I've tweaked other parts of the DHC routine. I love Mild Soap, but it is something I use mainly in the summer. I'm not 100% convinced about the toners (aka DHC "lotions"). I mostly use Argan oil instead of Olive Virgin Oil to moisturize. I did switch to the pricey Tatcha cleansing oil for awhile -- I'm a huge sucker for marketing -- until the day when another DHC sample came in the mail and I was like, "Dang! This is the best stuff ever! Also, it's on sale again!"

(Actually, I do get tired of trying to game the DHC sales, avoid shipping charges, and use my points before they expire. It used to be fun, but now I would prefer a straightforward lower price. It's interesting that some DHC products are now available on Amazon -- free shipping if you have Prime.)

Now I'm a few weeks back into the routine of double cleansing with this oil twice a day, and the bumpy clogged pores that I could always feel on my cheeks are less obvious. This is something Tatcha never seemed to do for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I love this oil cleanser and the smell! It's very relaxing,
I usually use a makeup remover wipe, then I massage my face with this (when my face is dry), add some water so that the oil emulsifies, rinse and follow up with a foaming cleanser!
This melts all of my makeup of which is amazing, because I usually wear a lot of makeup :D
Only reason why I wouldn't repurchase is because it is pretty expansive, and I want to try new ones that are cheaper!
But i recommend :)

on 12/21/2016 12:56:00 AM

This is one of my favorite facial cleansers of all time... it's one of those products that gives me great relief to have, and when I forget it at home or something I get that "dang it!" feeling lol. IT JUST WORKS SO WELL!!

To give a little bit of background, I have Asian combo skin and get a few hormonal pimples around my jawline sometimes when mother nature approaches. I always wear foundation and waterproof mascara, for special occasions I'll wear more (eyeshadow, concealer, lipstick, pretty much everything). At the end of the day, about 1-2 pumps of this depending on how much makeup I wore gets EVERYTHING OFF, even the waterproof mascara!! It works so well and I can literally see the makeup melting off my face. Given, it takes a bit of gentle rubbing around my eyes to get all the makeup around there off, but there's no discomfort to my eyes. Finally, when I rinse it off there's no residue and my face feels good, soft, and clean. Doesn't take much to rinse it all off clean either.

This does not break me out and I feel like it's actually helped with the oil production of my skin, I feel like I'm too oily sometimes and it's not cute. I like the olive oil scent as well, it's not overwhelming. The only thing for me is that it's a little pricey, but there's often deals on DHC's site. They'll have deals like 50% off the cleansing oil + free shipping but its for first-time customers and it's one per household (I try to get my friends to help me order and I pay them back lol struggles of being a broke college student) It's worth the $$ though, I just don't have it. If you're on the fence about it, maybe wait for one of these deals and give it a try because I think it's a pretty good product. Just make sure you use dry hands on dry skin, otherwise it doesn't work as well as it should.