DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
DHC Deep Cleansing OilDHC deep cleansing oil Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff - and I have breakout prone skin that is prone to dryness in the winter - even eczema. It smells divine, does not irritate my skin ever, is the perfect amount of oil, and feels like it really gets my makeup off. It just makes me feel good. It's usually my first step, which I will follow with another wash with a mild cleanser - or a miceller water. The price is moderate for something that feels so luxurious. one pump - maybe two is plenty for me - perhaps some people are using too much so they are having trouble getting it off?

on 12/21/2018 12:11:00 AM

I have oily combination skin that can have dry areas around the nose and mouth during winter. I am a firm believer of double cleansing and enjoy cleansing balms and cleansing oils. A lot of people rave about this DHC oil and how it's the OG one that I need to try. I purchased directly from the DHC site, and DHC is a Japanese brand. You can purchase this oil for $28, and it comes with 6.7 fl. oz. of product. I think the pump packaging is great, but I wish there was a way to lock the pump for storage or travel.

I tried this for about a month and while it does remove make-up and sunscreen very well, I am not a fan of the texture in the slightest. It feels quite heavy on my skin...even during the winter...like I am washing my face with cooking oil. It is made with olive oil which is beneficial for the skin, but I've been using extremely light balms and oils, so this just feels unpleasant for me. There are better options out there in my opinion. Right now, I am really enjoying the Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm. If you have dry skin, you might really like the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil because it's heavy and provides moisture while cleaning your skin. It's just not for me.

on 12/6/2018 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My Holy Grail oil cleanser. The oil cleanser by which I judge all other oil cleanser (because occasionally I stray like the skincare junkie I am). Is it more expensive than other oil cleansers? Yes. But it also consistently removes all my makeup, doesn't irritate my eyes, doesn't break me out, and rinses away completely. Honestly there are a lot of days when I'm not wearing makeup where I use this as my first and only cleanser and my skin is perfectly cleansed and perfectly happy. And this is the best thing for oil massaging away some Retin-A flakies, or gently cleansing your skin when your moisture barrier is fried (not that I'd know anything about that). Like I said it's a bit pricer than other oil cleansers, but a bottle lasts a surprising amount of time since you only need 1 pump's worth to be effective. Never change DHC, never change.

on 11/14/2018 4:30:00 PM

I've wanted to hop on the double cleansing train for a while now, and this has been a great first step. I usually need a lot more than just face wash to remove my winged eyeliner and waterproof mascara, but this has done a fantastic job of taking it off quickly and without rubbing my face off. A little on the pricey side, but if you're on the fence you can always shop during a sale.

on 11/4/2018 10:36:00 PM

长闭口。。。

Wonderful cleanser for oily sensitive skin!

This is a really great cleansing oil. Two pumps removes all my makeup, even water proof mascara. It's easy to rinse and doesn't leave a film or sticky residue. Oil is my preferred makeup removal and this might be the best one I've tried. It's a bit pricey but not out outrageous for a good oil. Plus, it lasts forever so you do get a good value of out it.

on 8/17/2018 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Cleansing oil has always been a staple in my skincare routine as there isn't any other quicker option for me in my experience to remove makeup thoroughly. It takes 5 - 10 seconds to rub a few drops of cleansing oil on my face and eyes, and then 5 - 10 seconds of emulsifying it, and what you have after is a face that you can be sure that has no more residue of sunscreen, base, oil, and dirt.

That is, if the product in question happens to be a well crafted one.

And the DHC Cleansing Oil is one such example. I can tell the oil is well refined (similar to Tatcha's cleansing oil) because after washing it off, there isn't any residue like Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil. This cleansing oil is so effective that I can just use this in the evening after a night of wearing full makeup, go to bed, and not worry about any aftereffects like clogged comedones/whiteheads. It has a very mild olive oil scent that I'm not the biggest fan of but it dissipates upon emulsification.

Out of pure habit I tend to prefer double cleansing, but I would say you can get away with just using this alone. It leaves my skin fresh and soft, not dry or too moisturized at all, just very well balanced and even.

A note about the price: It's a mid-range product and worth every penny, and imo you tend to get what you pay for with skincare. You can choose from three different sizes, including a travel size with a pump. I couldn't ask for more! I tend to go through it rather quickly (1.5 to 2 pumps per application) but that's because I really love the efficiency of this product.

A note about my skin type: Combination to oily, prone to whiteheads and pigmentation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Anytime I use full makeup or mascara and require something 'heavy duty' to remove it all with, this has been my go-to cleansing oil. You apply it to dry skin and with dry hands, massage it in (it will quickly emulsify), rinse with warm water and follow with a normal cleanser to remove any remaining residue. On its own it does a pretty decent job but still requires a foam or gel cleanser after.
One of the good things about this is it helps skin retain its moisture. Even after you have double-cleansed there is still a degree of hydration imparted by the cleansing oil that lingers...which is great as I end up using less moisturizer afterwards. I do have a few different cleansing oils to try out as soon as I get a chance but from all the ones I've already tried this seems to be working out quite well for my skin.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/27/2018 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was the very first cleansing oil that I have used, and I used this for about 6 months before switching to something else. I kept resisting from writing a review a week into using it since I loved it at the time, and was concerned that I was in the product honeymoon phase.

Pros:
Takes any waterproof mascara off
Takes sunscreen off
Unscented (smells like olive oil)
Rinses clean, no oily residue

Cons:
Price
Left my dry skin dry

If you want to try a cleansing oil, this is a good one to start with as there are a very few ingredients and it does rinse clean (no oily residue). I stopped using this is because of two things: price, and it felt a little dry after I used this. However, I don't feel the same dryness when I use Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm or Banila Co. Clean It Zero Purity. Between the price and the way it felt on my skin, I'm not going to repurchase. If your skin is on the more oily side it might be good.