DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this products. It does a great job at taking off makeup, especially the most waterproof mascara. However, each time I tried using this cleanser (as my oil cleanser, followed by my trusty ph balanced foaming cleanser), the very next morning I had some deep and painful under the skin cysts starting. If you don't have very sensitive acne prone skin, I would say give it a try. But for now I'm just going to stick with my beloved Face Shop Rice Water Bright Rice Light Cleansing Oil.

on 6/14/2016 11:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product amazes me. It takes off my makeup - including waterproof mascara - with such ease. It leaves my skin feeling incredibly clean without feeling stripped of moisture. I genuinely think this product alone has helped to calm my sensitive skin. I'm a huge fan of this product, and I will definitely continue to use it and purchase it in the future. :)

To Read all 1382 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Helps get off that stubborn makeup and mascara. Texture is amazing and nice when it hits the skin. Comes right off with water which is a bonus. Rarely need a second cleanse. I will be rebuying this

on 5/26/2016 5:29:00 PM

This is a good product, but not my favorite. I find it quite heavy for a cleansing oil, it doesn't have the 'slip' to it that I like in a cleansing oil, and because of that I find I use more product than with other brands. It's also on the more expensive side- difficult to get where I live, and a bottle is around $36 and up, depending on the shop (if they're not out), or shipping fees, etc. I also find that after using it repeatedly, my washcloths have a rancid oil smell to them that lingers a very long time, despite repeated washings. I'll finish this up, but would not repurchase.

on 5/14/2016 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am convinced that DHC is only famous among the Japanese/Korean-illiterate Asian Beauty fanatics out there.

I read so many glowing reviews of this oil cleanser in so many blogs, and was extremely excited to try it as part of my double-cleansing routine.

The oil is quite heavy - I used 3 pumps each time as recommended by some blog/packaging instructions. It seemed to remove makeup quite well, but really stung when I was removing eye makeup. After emulsifying with water and rinsing it off, my dry-to-normal type skin immediately felt extremely tight and dehydrated. I could not have stopped there, as the oil does not come off completely even with a lot of rinsing and massaging. I had to continue it with a double-cleansing step, which made my face feel even tighter. I could literally see fine lines on my face afterwards.

I didn't want to give up on it - it was Japanese, and the minimalistic design of the bottle really appealed to me. However, for each day that I continued using it, I saw a new pimple form on my face.

I decided to stop using it after a week and left it on my bathroom counter. After a month or so, the oil at the bottom turned dark brown and seemed to take on a gunkier texture. I'm not sure if the product that I got was from a bad batch, but the overall experience was very unpleasant.

on 3/31/2016 11:30:00 AM

For a cleansing oil, I found this one to be very stripping. If you have dehydrated or dry skin in general I would avoid this one because it made my skin dry and flaky after using. On the plus side, it does remove your makeup.

I don't get the hype of this product, my skin just got worse and more oily.

Although it says that the oil removes the makeup and helps prevent any dirt or breakouts, the product did complete opposite to my skin.

on 3/25/2016 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

A lot of people said that this doesn't make your skin purge at first use, but I definitely broke out after my first time using this. After getting over that though, I have come to love this stuff. It breaks down ALL my makeup, including waterproof mascara, and SPF. It's crazy good. It leaves my face feeling soft, too. I always follow it with a foaming cleanser (Cerave) to ensure that all the gunk is off my face. I did notice that when I follow up with toner I still do have some residue left over though. I only use 1 pump a night since I don't wear that much makeup. With the good results I've been seeing overall, I will likely be repurchasing when I run out.

on 3/13/2016 5:01:00 AM

This product made me break out in spots and whiteheads on my chin and also a little bit on my cheeks and forehead (which never happens).I also found it quite drying. This is a pity as otherwise it was great at getting rid of every last trace of my make up, even waterproof eye make up. Have since gone back to my usual (and cheaper) Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil and my skin has calmed back down.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Got this in a beauty box. I love it! I was removing my makeup with coconut oil and then washing my face, but this saves me time. Yes, coconut oil is cheaper, but by the time I go to get ready for bed, I'm TIRED! Tired=Super Lazy for me. Rub this all over my face rinse and then use a gentle cleanser to make sure I got everything and to cleanse the skin. I use it in the morning as a cleanser. I have sensitive skin from using Retin A, this cleanses and doesn't strip moisture. Very awesome product.