DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
DHC Deep Cleansing OilDHC deep cleansing oil Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

on 6/27/2018 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was the very first cleansing oil that I have used, and I used this for about 6 months before switching to something else. I kept resisting from writing a review a week into using it since I loved it at the time, and was concerned that I was in the product honeymoon phase.

Pros:
Takes any waterproof mascara off
Takes sunscreen off
Unscented (smells like olive oil)
Rinses clean, no oily residue

Cons:
Price
Left my dry skin dry

If you want to try a cleansing oil, this is a good one to start with as there are a very few ingredients and it does rinse clean (no oily residue). I stopped using this is because of two things: price, and it felt a little dry after I used this. However, I don't feel the same dryness when I use Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm or Banila Co. Clean It Zero Purity. Between the price and the way it felt on my skin, I'm not going to repurchase. If your skin is on the more oily side it might be good.

This is a great first cleanse to remove heavy makeup, including eye makeup. Doesn’t bother my eyes, or break me out, though I always follow with another cleanser.

on 4/24/2018 8:03:00 PM

I'm used to gentle facial cleansers like Cetaphil and Neutrogena because they don't dry my skin. I read about DHC deep cleansing oil and got curious how Japanese rave about this product. I was bored with my usual cleansers so I decided to buy this one just to try it out.

At first I hesitated to buy it because it's pricey for a small bottle. I bought it for like 30+ aud and I seriously felt guilty after lol. However, the benefit of this cleanser is really good because I can totally tell that it cleanses my face! With Cetaphil and Neutrogena I had to use makeup remover to get thorough cleaning but with DHC it removed my makeup so quickly and easily! It also didn't dry my skin and I had no break outs or anything after use.

It took me months to use up all the bottle but I still find this expensive that I looked for a cheaper alternative (Palmer's oil cleanser). However, I didn't have the same satisfaction so I am definitely going back to DHC.

So yeah, the only reason I'm not giving this a 5 star is because of its price. Although I only need a small amount of oil to clean my face, it would be better to pay for that price with a bigger bottle.

on 4/6/2018 9:01:00 AM

This is a great basic cleansing oil that removes to toughest of waterproof mascaras. It does look and smell like olive which im not a huge of, also it is on the pricey side. I feel like I can get similar results with cheaper options so I wont be repurchasing.

I know many people raved about this product, but it was disappointing for me because it was so dry on my skin after doing the first cleanse. I could barely continue with a second cleanse because of the stinking tight uncomfortable feeling. I tested as a hand wash and there was obviously a gritty oxidized grease feeling after rinsing. I would not put that on my face if i had known earlier. I still kept it in my bathroom as lip makeup remover, but not for waterproof mascara because it does not do its job. Just no amount of tugging and rubbing removed any trace of my waterproof mascara.

If you have a budget and have sensitive skin, drop this and get the Sensitive Muji Oil Cleansing for a huge fraction of the full cost of the DHC cleansing oil. That is my HG cleanser in helping me remove my sunscreen during nighttime without all the pain.

on 4/4/2018 9:49:00 AM

Amazing...I am now part of the fanclub! My skin is very intolerant and sensitive. Oily and dry, flaky and red during the winter.
I wash my face ONCE a day, at night. This is perfect: it smells like olive oil, rinses very easily and leaves no residue. usually, right after washing my face, i HAVe to moisturize right away. After using this cleansing oil, my skin feels soft and hydrated. Of course I still use my Toleriane riche lotion but still, this is a considerable improvment!
I love it.

on 3/26/2018 4:20:00 PM

I've using this on and off since my teenage years (so more than half of my life) and love using this to remove my makeup. It allows me to remove all the makeup (save eyemakeup) without tugging or rubbing. I still double cleanse with face wash after using this oil, but this is a significant step in my night time cleansing routine and does a much better job than olive oil or coconut oil alone. I've tried many cleansing balms and oil and always return to this. It's not PERFECT, so I'll keep looking around, but I keep coming back because at its price point, ingredients (cleaner than many cleansers out there) and effectiveness (remove makeup and sunscreen without too much rubbing), it's one of the best currently out there. I'll repurchase.

It’s the best makeup remover, period. You massage your face with dry hands for half a minute, rinse off with warm water and it’s clean. There’s no need to redo the process, and I use heavy duty foundation.

Gotta say, though, the smell is not nice. It’s not perfumed, but you can make out the actual oil smell, like cooking oil. It made me very upset the first few times I used it, and I still don’t like it.

But the effectiveness beats everything else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this is a good cleanser especially when you use it as a second cleanse. it takes off everything including makeup. it leaves moisture and softness in your skin. my skin adjusted to this for a wk but so far so good. you may read my detailed review here https://brushstrokesandlullabies.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-best-cleansers-of-brushstrokes-and.html

on 2/15/2018 6:54:00 AM

Leaves my skin clean without that tight feeling I’ve been getting from other cleansers. The bottle size is really small though and I’ve nearly run out already.