DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
DHC Deep Cleansing OilDHC deep cleansing oil Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

on 12/10/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This removes most of my makeup and rinses clean. It smells a little like olive oil and it isn't drying or irritating to the eyes.

I won't repurchase because it has trouble removing my non-waterproof mascara, and long wearing eyeliner sometimes. I want instant gratification. If I remember correctly the Clinique balm dissolved everything very quickly, but it was drying... ill try the travel size of that one next.

Not a bad product, I would recommend to try it.

on 12/9/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm a bit of a cleansing oil connoisseur, and finally got around to picking this stuff up with a Dermstore order. It's great! I have no complaints, although I like most cleansing oils so no surprise there. I really just need it to get my mascara and eyeliner off in one fell swoop, and DHC's oil totally succeeds in that regard.

People seem to think it's really drying. I did notice that it rinsed really "clean" (no oily residue left on my face), but I always immediately follow up nighttime cleansing with a super heavy moisturizer, so if it's more drying than your average oil-based cleanser, I did not notice. Plus, a lot of cleansing products that leave a residue (I'm talking to you Pond's Cold Cream) do break me out unless I'm diligent about cleansing after I cleanse. And nobody got time for dat. I'm a one-stop-shop kinda gal.

The packaging could use an update. It's pretty ugly, and not in a hip way. But the pump works, all the way to the bitter end. And that, my friends, is a win in my book.

Gets rid of my waterproof makeup (Isehan Heroine Make) which my previous oil cleanser by Moogoo could not. Turns into a milky emulsion upon contact with water which rinses off easily. Inoffensive smell but could be better because I am basically reminded of castor oil and olive oil when I use this. However, this works out to be a much cheaper alternative to the Shu cleansing oil, so I will continue to use this!

on 11/19/2017 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

BRUH

I heard so many good things about this cleansing oil and I'm disappointed to say it is only subpar with cleansing waterproof makeup.

In the end, I have to wipe off my Kiss Me Heroine mascara off with a wipe and those who are familiar with the product should know how insanely waterproof that is and this sort of product shouldn't have a problem with that? I actually get WAAAY better results from The Face Shop's Rice Brightening Oil cleansers and they don't leave me as greasy as this stuff. ugh such a ripoff..

I swear this is olive oil. A lot of makeup comes off when I wash it off. Didn't make me break out and I've been using it for a couple of months now. This is better than Banila co clean it zero and I like that it's a pump. It does pump a lot of product out though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

There is no smell whatsoever, which is good. It removes all my makeup easily, even my eye makeup! And it does not leave my skin dry or greasy.

Hate it - after only two nights of use it totally dried my otherwise normal skin out and left it feeling like sandpaper no matter how much hydration I applied during the day and night. Beware!

on 10/1/2017 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have to give this product some credit because it does take off makeup conveniently, however after 2 months of use I realized it was sucking the life out of my face!! I was thinking, do I need a new foundation? Do I need an expensive serum? Even putting heavy moisture on after wards does nothing to combat the visible flakes and dryness. I was so oily and dry at the same time, it was not a good look. AND I was getting cystic pimples on my chin. The placement of said pimples indicates a hormonal component but after discontinuing use they went away.

So how to remove makeup without stripping? I now use a milky non foaming cleanser which I remove with a warm wash cloth. Using this method, I can remove makeup without ruining my skin. After one day of this switch my skin looked creamy in the morning and my foundation looked ten times better.

Just goes to show that popular reviews don't necessarily mean best for me. Would not recommend for any skin type.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where do I start?

Pros:
- Non-oily oil that transfers into foam when in contact with water (you suppose to put some into your palms, massage into the face and rinse it off once you stop massaging in about 30-40 seconds). Easy to rinse off, no residue;
- removes facial makeup really well;
- love the packaging.

Cons:
- My face quite literally drinks it. I stop massaging it into my skin in about 30 seconds when I have no product to massage. I feel like my skin absorbs it quite well;
- I've got big painful zits on my chin, on my nose, on my temples, and on my cheeks. No makeup can cover them up. I haven't had those for ages and it seems I'm not the only one who've got them from using this product... I use double cleansing method, but my second cleanser is no help when it comes to this product performance;
- it doesn't remove well eye makeup (by eye makeup I mean Diorshow mascara, the only product I currently use) and it irritates my sensitive eyes;
- it badly dries out the skin if used without second cleanser, and even with... No moisturizer can help the damage.

I can only recommend it to people who miss having pimples and a flaky skin.

on 10/13/2017 2:41:00 AM

So I tried this hesitantly since I saw reviews saying that it will dry you out, so I ordered the smaller size 75 ml I think and gave it a try. It does feel clean borderline drying once you wash it on your face but it effectively gets rid of my biore sun screen...I think the reason I haven't been drying like others is I follow a double cleanse routine so I use this then I wash my face again with physiogel cleanser that kinds of seals in the moisture. Been trying it a week so far I haven't gotten any patchy or dry skin. Oh I did wash my face using just this to remove mascara and it wasn't able to take it off. I had to go back and use my Heroine make eye make up remover to get rid of the panda eyes after washing.

PRICE:Bought it in retail here in Manila, Philippines for 700 pesos so around 14 dollars.
PACKAGING: It looks like a clinical bottle.