DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
DHC deep cleansing oil Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

on 10/30/2016 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am on my second bottle of this product. I have heard about it for years and have always wanted to try it. I finally broke down and bought it in a Japanese market while visiting family. I had tried two American cleansing oils (Burt's bees and Neutrogena) but wasn't sure how they would compare. I had found Burt's Bees cleansing oil to be very harsh and burned my eyes. That was not the case with DHC. It feels very nice in my skin and cleans nicely. I would say it is comparable to Neutrogena's light cleansing oil, but thicker. It is very gentle and leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated, but never greasy. The smell is pleasant and not cloying. The packaging is simple and clean. I really like cleansing off my makeup and then after washing putting this on again and doing a mini facial massage. It has very good slip and just feels nice on my tired face and jaw. I definitely recommend.

I am very acne prone and feel this does not increase my existing acne.

on 10/20/2016 1:20:00 AM

Great cleansing oil. Good for sensitive skin and it definitely works- it takes your makeup off.

To Read all 1389 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a really nice cleanser and does remove make up as promised. I'm in my 20's and still suffering from horrendous acne - this didn't make it worse which was fantastic, but also didn't help especially .. none of the oil cleansers I have tried have made much difference but this one was lovely to use as it wasn't too drying or too greasy. I have moved on in my search but would recommend this to people for sure

on 10/13/2016 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

When I first bought this product I was a little bit wary of cleaning my face with OIL, although I did use to remove my eye makeup with olive oil, but as my face is very oily and very prone to break outs I was a little hesitant to put more oil on it. But I bought anyway because of all the great reviews on this site and I was very happy with what this product does. It does really clean off all your makeup and it does not make your face greasy AT ALL, but instead leave it without that tight, dry feeling makeup removers can create. I use two pumps of the oil to get rid of all my face makeup and then an additional two drops to get rid of the rest of my eye makeup, and it lasts me about 3-4 months. It is a little pricey but it's definitely not too pricey in my opinion. I quite like the packaging although I would have liked the pump not to have been made out of white plastic.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This was my first cleansing oil, and it works great. It removes makeup better than any other method, has a small ingredient list, and feels/smells great. The pump bottle is perfect, the product comes out cleanly; 1-2 pumps is plenty to remove my makeup and sunscreen on my whole face and neck. I try to gentle massage it on, and hold some of it over my eyelids to break up my mascara without losing any eyelashes. It rinses off by emulsifying, but I find that when I'm cleansing at night (not in the shower) that I have trouble getting it off the sides of my face and have to use a wet washcloth in order to not flood my bathroom lmao. In the shower, it comes off with about 30 seconds of holding my whole face under the stream. Unfortunately, it causes my skin some irritation so I can't justify repurchasing it. :( My skin gets visibly redder when I put this on it. I believe it's rosemary leaf oil that is causing me irritation, so I really wish they would make "sensitive skin" formula where they leave out that ingredient. But, if you don't have any known sensitivities to plant oils and extracts, you will love this.

on 8/17/2016 10:48:00 AM

I have used this cleansing oil on and off for years now. Its a good choice if you are new to oil cleansing as it rinses off clean. It has a fairly simple list of ingredients but does contain some chemicals which is why I have moved on to more natural, organic brands. That being said, I do like how it rinses off cleanly, turning milky when water is introduced.

A word of advice to anyone new to oil cleansing - if you have dry skin, you may be able to get away with rinsing and 1 or 2 hot cloths to wipe down the face. If you are acne prone, I would suggest following up with a mild cleanser.

I wear sunscreen and BB cream religiously and can tell you imo, oil cleansing is the best way to truly get off every bit of make up and sunscreen (especially waterproof)- without striping your skin. Really a must for everyone who wears any type of sunscreen - which should be all of us right ladies?!11

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my favourite removers cause I felt it really removed my make up thoroughly.

I realized if you used a primer, you need a much stronger remover as the primer tends to stick on your skin which some removers can't work their magic to remove it.

Does its job and i'll be repurchasing again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this products. It does a great job at taking off makeup, especially the most waterproof mascara. However, each time I tried using this cleanser (as my oil cleanser, followed by my trusty ph balanced foaming cleanser), the very next morning I had some deep and painful under the skin cysts starting. If you don't have very sensitive acne prone skin, I would say give it a try. But for now I'm just going to stick with my beloved Face Shop Rice Water Bright Rice Light Cleansing Oil.

on 6/14/2016 11:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product amazes me. It takes off my makeup - including waterproof mascara - with such ease. It leaves my skin feeling incredibly clean without feeling stripped of moisture. I genuinely think this product alone has helped to calm my sensitive skin. I'm a huge fan of this product, and I will definitely continue to use it and purchase it in the future. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Helps get off that stubborn makeup and mascara. Texture is amazing and nice when it hits the skin. Comes right off with water which is a bonus. Rarely need a second cleanse. I will be rebuying this