The Body Shop Blue Corn Mask

The Body Shop Blue Corn Mask
The Body Shop - Blue Corn MaskBlue Corn Mask

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Blue Corn Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Propylene Glycol, Blue Corn Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Bisabolol, Propylparaben, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Geranium Oil, Limonene, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Oil, Linalool, Neem Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citral, Titanium Dioxide, Blue 1, Red 33.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Unfortuantly this face mask has been discontinued for a while but I'm just very lucky I managed to find a store that was getting rid of old stock before the new range of masks came in and a friend gifted me some. So I have a current stock of 5! This mask is a 3 in 1 formula which promises to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise normal to oily skin. Application was a learning curve, it applies best to slightly damp skin with a brush instead of fingers - the brush helped keep the exfoliating elements of the mask stuck to the face rather than falling off. I usually leave this mask on for 30 to 45 minutes which is much longer than the recommended time, purely because my skins oil production is minimised the next few days much more than if I left it on for 10 minutes as the clay gets more time to work. When washing this mask off the natural exfoliants get to work and I like to gently take the mask off with warm water and gentle circular motions till it's all gone. After cleansing my skin is soft and glowing, I've never experienced tightness or dryness from this mask. I follow this mask up with my acne cream on my active spots or acne, Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Serum by the ordinary and ensure I use some form of other treatment for hyper pigmentation as I know my skin is currently prepped and ready! This mask works pretty well for oily and congested skin and I'm so glad I stocked up on this to keep it for when my skin is in need of a deep purge every month or so. I will normally break out one / two days after using this mask around my jaw line but these are really superficial whiteheads that are gone within a day and I can feel the effects of the mask all week long and I will be less prone to white heads for a good few weeks, particularly on the areas of my face I tend to get blackheads. This mask has seen me through my worse points of my acne and has always proven to improve my skin! I'll be very sad when I run out of this mask!

WOW I love this mask. I have oily/acne prone skin and I use it about once a week as a mask then wet it and exfoliate with it. I wouldn't recommend if your skin is the slightest bit sensitive as this would probably irritate it.

When I first bought this in the spring I did not like it. I thought it was too drying and I wasn't a fan of the cool tingly sensation that comes from this mask. But I recently discovered that on a hot sticky summer day, this is he PERFECT thing to put on your face at the end of the day. After leaving the mask on your face for 10 minutes, it feels like all the oil, dirt and makeup has been vacuumed off your skin and you're left with clean, smooth, fresh skin. I would not recommend buying this in the winter for anyone who lives in the northern hemisphere, but this feels amazing in the summer.

on 6/22/2015 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Lazy person here who only cares to use this mask maybe once a month but it does an excellent job all the same. Clears my less stubborn blackheads while maintaining my skin hydrated, soft and full. Stings a bit but if you wash it off under 5 mins it wouldn't cause any damage to the skin.

on 8/23/2015 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Don't put this on dry skin!! It will sting like crazy. I didn't read the directions properly which says to put it on wet skin, which feels a lot better. Cleanses and exfoliates. Won't be repurchasing because of my sensitive skin.

This is a good mask. I have bought it several times.

I really like this mask. I have acne prone skin and lots of blackheads. Even though it does nothing for my acne, my pores are visibly cleaner and the best of all.. No more blackheads on my nose! It does sting a bit but nothing too dramatic and it feels like it's cleaning away all the impurities of the week. Use once a week or twice if you have sensitive skin. The smell is...meh, I don't really mind. Would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i'm so glad i bought this ! worth every single pound...cleaned my oily face ,took out all black heads and dead skin , gave a healthy glow and made it veryyy smooth ! i simply love this <3

on 5/24/2015 6:58:00 AM

This is a pretty decent face mask and is especially good for clearing black heads + leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean, I don't think I will be repurchasing this one however as it does tend to sting and I have used other similar masks that can achieve the same results without causing any pain

on 2/27/2015 1:27:00 AM

I was hesitant to buy this at first because I thought it wouldn't last very long because of the container. I've had it for about 5 months I think and I use it at least once a week and I still have some left. It soothes your skin and I absolutely love it. I can definitely tell the difference in my skin and I'm definitely going to purchase again when I run out.