Almay Intense i-liner in Raisin Quartz

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Almay Intense i-liner in Raisin Quartz
Prestige eyeliner

3.4

triethylhexanon, ozokerite, beeswax, castor seed oil, carnauba wax, dipentaerythrityl tetrahydroxystearate/tetraisostearate, caprylyl methicone, tocopheryl acetate, soybean oil, aloe leaf extract, polymethyl methacrylate, bht, methylparaben, propylparaben [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), carmine (ci 77470), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this liner - colour is a great plummy burgundy - fabulous with blue eyes, but I was allergic to this - girls with sensitive eyes, beware

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this color!! I like applying this to my upper lashes when Im going for a simple clean eye look with a little bit of color. I also love applying this to my waterline when I'm doing a dark smokey eye just to give that pop of color. Color comes out to a gorgeous plummy burgundy purple. I also love that it's an automatic pencil so I don't have to worry about sharpening. Def will repurchase! :)

on 6/22/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

pretty color, but almost too light to see. i would have to go over the line 3 or 4 times to make it visible, and that caused too much dragging at my eyelid. i might try the liquid version-- hoping it's more pigmented.

on 2/13/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have green eyes and was curious about the whole "emphasize your eye color" thing. As others have stated, this eyeliner is very subtle. It's not as "raisin" as I expected...I'd describe it as "amethyst, with warm brown undertones, and a nice shimmer. It does wear off fairly fast; I applied heavily and two hours later had to reapply. I also don't think it really helps my eye color stand out.
The color and sheen of the product is similar to Clinique Gel Eyeliner in Black Honey, except Black Honey is a bit browner, and this is more amethyst. Since I already own Black Honey and it lasts much longer, I will not repurchase this. However, the pencil format is nice for times you don't want to tote a gel jar & brush, like maybe travel. For $5, not bad.

I adore this eyeliner (Raisin Quatz) that came with the Almay Intense Trio eyeshadow for greens.
It is beautiful and highly shimmery (not matte) and very velvety to apply. The twist up applicator is useful and it has it's own sharpener at the end. The plum-brown pigmentation is strong and vibrant and barely smudges. The stick seems pretty well made and hasn't broke on me yet.
I use this as often as possible and would rebuy it in a heartbeat!

on 11/4/2009 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was hoping for more of an aubergine color...However, this is a plum brown. The color is very beautiful on brown eyes. I had to reappy this liner, which is no biggie to me. I didn't have any problems with my eyes stinging. I will probably not buy this eyeliner again...

on 10/22/2009 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Gradually, this product would just brake on me. like every time i'd twist the end somehow the pencil itself wouldn't come up. When it did the colour was nice and would semi; bring out my eyes. Will never put money into this again, at it terribly dispenses the pencil.

on 10/5/2009 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

EDIT: no, no, no. Alas. It ran. And got into eyes. Stung. Everything had to be removed, there was much redness and weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. Back to Clinique.

Pros: lovely shade, a plum with elements of purple, burgundy, russet-brown. Between Clinique Quickliner's nicer browns - Smoky Brown, Rich Coffee - and Violet, with more burgundy than the latter. As such, I prefer it, and it's closer in colour to my all-time favourite liner, the brush-on Clinique Black Honey. (EDIT: yep, before I discovered the joys of the Grape. And Raisin is very close to Grape in shade: similar tone, slightly deeper.)

Like the Quickliners, this is a twist-up pencil. It has an inbuilt sharpener at the base, but as it's a twist-up inside plastic, you don't need that as much as with a regular pencil. Neat invention. While you don't need such a thing with the Quickliners (they're quite soft, and the point can be "sharpened" on the back of your hand), you do need something with the Almay version as it's a bit harder than the Quickliner. But it does go on smoothly without pulling the skin, and is pretty good for tightlining. Being what I use these for, with a preference for pencil over brush-on on working days.

Decent price. No animal testing. And the packaging looks very like the Quickliner - mainly grey, discreet writing in sans-serif, and minus the Quickliner's useless smudgifier with the further uselessness of a cap that always falls off. Thumbs up all round, except for the weeping and wailing etc. side of things. Probably worth a try, at the price. An overall 3 as a 5 for the colour, 4 for idea and form, and a 1 for bugging my eyes.

INGREDIENTS: triethylhexanon, ozokerite, beeswax, castor seed oil, carnauba wax, dipentaerythrityl tetrahydroxystearate/tetraisostearate, caprylyl methicone, tocopheryl acetate, soybean oil, aloe leaf extract, polymethyl methacrylate, bht, methylparaben, propylparaben [+/- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), carmine (ci 77470), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] continued >>

This eyeliner (I have the liquid kind) is a beautiful color - it's a deep eggplant color with a gray-silver shimmer. Goes with many color eye shadows, or looks great alone. Nice for green eyes, but I think it will also look nice on brown eyes too.

on 9/28/2008 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Love it except for the fact that it burns when I first put it on. I don't know why, but I've never had another makeup product/ eyeliner do that. It does stay on very well.