Almay Intense i-liner in Raisin Quartz

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Almay Intense i-liner in Raisin Quartz
Prestige eyeliner

3.9

triethylhexanon, ozokerite, beeswax, castor seed oil, carnauba wax, dipentaerythrityl tetrahydroxystearate/tetraisostearate, caprylyl methicone, tocopheryl acetate, soybean oil, aloe leaf extract, polymethyl methacrylate, bht, methylparaben, propylparaben [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), carmine (ci 77470), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 6/22/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

pretty color, but almost too light to see. i would have to go over the line 3 or 4 times to make it visible, and that caused too much dragging at my eyelid. i might try the liquid version-- hoping it's more pigmented.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I'm probably in the minority with this, but I usually stay away from black eyeliner...against my super pale skin and light hair, it just looks too 'there' for me...you know, that too obvious/trying too hard look. Anyway, this is a really unique color...kind of a plummy/gray/brown combo...but it really does make my green eyes pop. And it isn't super dark, so it works with my skin tone...I will definitely be repurchasing this one!

I love everything about this. I have light green-blue eyes, and this slightly shimmery, purple/brown eyeliner provides a beautiful accent. It's so, so pretty, and a great daytime alternative to black. I love the texture as well - it's creamy and goes on my skin like silk. Also, I can't be bothered to sharpen an eyeliner, and hate when eyeliners that need to be sharpened get just a little too stubby and the wooden shaft of the pencil scratches the skin. The automatic tip, therefore, is great. It's not too expensive, at about 7 USD, but I tried to compromise by buying a cheaper brand (the name of which I have forgotten, but I wrote a 1-lippie review of it) of more or less the same hue, and was sorely disappointed. Not again! This is a great, go-to liner for any and all occasions (although, I did find that when vamping it up for nighttime looks, I preferred a darker, more indelible product for more drama).

on 10/5/2007 1:12:00 PM

I don't own green. I own brown topaz and purple amethyst.
I agree, won't give you the required drama for night.
I love these for day though. They apply very easily (I have trouble with liquid eyeliner application), which is such a bonus when you're rushed!
They don't smudge on the top. I have oily skin and can't wear them on the bottom.

on 7/18/2007 2:47:00 PM

I have blue-green eyes and I love this line of products! My eyes have never really stood out that much, but this eyeliner really brightens them. I wouldn't use it for going out (not dramatic enough), but for day to day wear it's great and very natural. Sometimes I layer it with some brown eyeliner to add more definition.
Edit: I just bought a VERY similar eyeliner by Maybelline (Define A Line in Raisin), which was not only cheaper, but also goes on easier. The Almay kind ran out REALLY QUICKLY, considering that I didn't even use it on a daily basis. I'm sticking to Maybelline from now on!

The first time I used this, I wasn't too sure about the color. However, I've been using it recently and the more I use it the more I like it. This is a great subtle option for daytime, and it does play up my eye color. I can actually line my lower lashes with this because lining all the way around my eyes with black was too harsh for everyday wear. The only complaint I have is that it isn't that long-wearing.

After looking at the whole Almay "green-eye" product line every flipin' time I went to Target, I finally broke down and bought something. I am really bad at putting on eye shadow so I figured I'll start with the liner and if it looks good I'll move onto the shadow and mascara. I totally love this eyeliner! I used to use black, then moved to dark brown, but now this is my everyday liner. I have tried this liner in a bunch of different ways (only on the top lid, on the top and bottom, on the inside rim, etc...) and it's made my green eyes look really pretty and soft. The pencil glides on smoothly with no sharpening required (yay!) and the fact Almay does not test on animals, what's not to love? It's a good day time eyeliner so you can keep your black and brown's for going out at night.

on 9/8/2006 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this color! I just wish it would last longer though,it tends to fade quickly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I recently bought this eyeliner Raisin Quartz color for green eyes. Pencil eyeliners never stay on me, so I purchased in liquid eyeliner version. I love the color! It is a brown and plum color. Wow, it really does bring out the green in my eyes. I have received compliments on how beautiful my eyes look. Definately would buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this pencil in a set with the mascara and shadow set for $12.99. My eyes are hazel, but more dark green so I wanted to enhance the green. The pencil was definitely the best part of the whole set, but it still wasn't that great. The color was incredible and I thought it did make a difference in making my eyes greener. But it was a bit difficult to apply and didn't go on very evenly. I will be returning the whole set and looking for a similar shade in another brand of eyeliner. See my other reviews on the mascara & eye shadow set. [fair-skinned (NC20-25), freckled, natural strawberry blond with hazel eyes & blond lashes] continued >>