CLINIQUE Cream Shaper For Eyes - Egyptian

4.5

on 11/16/2018 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a very interesting color. I have tried all three colors of the cream shapers: black diamond (a sparkling black cream), chocolate lustre (a light reddish brown) and egyptian (burnished olive). I returned Chocolate Lustre because it wasn't dark enough, and I've used Black Diamond plenty, but Egyptian is easily the most interesting of the three and the only one that I would see myself repurchasing after I finish it.

It is a very intriguing color: something between an olive, a bronze, a dark brown, and yet reflects so marvelously that you can really only capture the color by seeing it in person. There are hundreds upon hundreds of standard black eyeliners, but so rarely are any of them interesting to look at.

This is a cream eyeliner, so while it will set, it is not smudge resistant: you can rub it away if you rub your eyes, but you really shouldn't be doing that and especially so if you are bothering to apply makeup in the first place. This wears comfortably and despite the amount of glitter it has, I have not noticed any irritation while wearing contact lenses.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A blackened, bronzy green with a subtle golden sheen, Egyptian is *the* color for olive green, golden green, and green/brown hazel eyes. It brings out green and gold eye color simultaneously, while still registering as deep and dramatic. It also looks amazing layered over black. My favorite eyeliner.

Cream Shapers are old school wooden pencils, which is great if you like having fine control of line thickness and intensity, and not so great if you hate sharpening. Personally, I'd be willing to work with this shade in any format, because it's soooooo flattering on me. As the name suggests, it's very creamy, with no dragging; once it sets, though, it stays put.

love this blackish greenish gold shade. its feel nice going on.
its creamy. lasted ok. but would like it to be an automatic. I don't like haven to sharpen any more., then again, I guess that's why its a creamy liner

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I can't get enough of clinique's cream shapers for eyes, and this colour is absolutely stunning! It's a dark black brownish green with gold shimmer. When it's smudged it looks even better! I find it lasts very very well but if it smudges on you, it won't look bad because the colour is so flattering and it has that beautiful cool toned golden sheen that looks so natural, like your eyes are wearing jewels (if you can imagine). So gorgeous!
I wish clinique would make their brush on cream liner of this colour permanent as it was once released as a limited edition shade. I find it looks nicer than their classic black honey. I highly recommend it!
Just beautiful!!!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because of reviews here but it is not NEARLY as intense as I like in an eyeliner. You have to go back and forth quite a bit and it's still not that dark and doesn't have very good staying power :(

on 6/2/2015 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really enjoy Egypitan, it's a flattering blackened green with gold sheen. Very easy to apply and reasonably longwearing. I wear it quite often. The only cons is hat it has to be sharpened regularly due to its creaminess and looks very faint on the waterline.

on 12/28/2014 3:18:00 PM

I much prefer the quick liner intense and disagree with reviewers here in that it comes off ( but I do rub my eyes a lot, unconsciously), however the shade is utterly unique. Gorgeous. A greeny brown golden but dark colour, absolutely beautiful.

on 11/9/2014 11:50:00 PM

the best eyeliner! beautiful color. not smudging! no more panda eyes. love it so much!

on 3/15/2014 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wow, this is lovely. A very dark blackened olive shot through with bronze - really unusual colour. It's kind of what I hoped Laura Mercier's Black Gold would be, only with a bit more green. So often, you get these eyeliners which are gorgeous colours, but just don't show up. That is not the case with this Cream Shaper. It's a soft, dense pencil that gives great colour pay-off, even works well on the waterline. Okay, so I don't get quite the dramatic line there that I get with BB Longwear Eye Pencil. But it definitely shows on the waterline and gives a slightly softer look than the usual black. In terms of wear, it's pretty good. Again, from using the BB Longwear, I have high expectations, but even if I don't reapply all day at work, the Cream Shaper holds up - yes, I need to reapplly on the waterline, but even if I didn't bother, it would still look as though I was wearing eyeliner.
The way I use eyeliner is to line inside the waterline, then go around on the outside, top and bottom, and smudge a bit. This pencil is great for that intense, smoky look. Not so sure it'd work well if you wanted a clean flick - in fact, I'm sure it probably wouldn't. I'm still experimenting with the best eyeshadow colours to put it with - so far it looks lovely with Stila Golightly and La Douce.

on 3/11/2014 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

LOVE this for the shade egyptian. Stays on well too. Only thing I wish is that it wasn't a sharpening required pencil, feel like most of the product gets wasted sharpening it. I wish they would make it a retractable, or does any of you MUAers know of a dupe for this shade????