no images

price range

Reviews

2.0

10 years ago

I started using this line and intially it worked very well. Balanced my skin out but after three weeks I noticed dry spots. I also used the sea onic rosewater & aloe toner with ylang ylang. I felt this worked ok but it was adresssign my t-zone area. I am Afeican american with sensitive skin. I think this would be a great skin care line for a teenager ut as one get older things change. What you use in your 20's doesn't work in your thirty's.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Olive

HairBlack

EyesOther

from

13 years ago

i have just purchased this product and did so because there was no sls or glycerin in it. i love it as a body wash. it leaves my irritable, sensitive-yet-oily skin feeling really clean and refreshed with out making it feel dry. it is for oily skin thats is problematic so if you have very dry skin this might be a bit much. so far i think it is great. my skin feels softer and cleaner. i'm not sure if my face likes it as much as my body, but we will see. i'll update later!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

13 years ago

Well I read about this product in a book called "THe Truth about beauty". I wanted something natural and yet effective. I have been using about a week and I dont not like the product yet but there is nothing to complain about. I should really give it four weeks, ususally that when you notice a big diff. If you want something natural this is a good product. MY skin though definatley is less oily throughout the day. I might buy this again just not sure yet. I do love zia's papya mask though.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3.0

13 years ago

Nice pleasant smell. Not much lather. Leaves a slight film. Will not repurchase.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

14 years ago

I'm also surprized at the lack of enthusiasm for this product. I've been using this for 8 years now, I rotate it with other cleansers, but I always come back to this one. It takes off all my makeup, gives an extremely deep cleansing, smells deliciously citrusy, and calms/prevents breakouts. It also is great for comedone maintenance and prevention. The citrus concentrate is an effective BHA to exfoliate and stimulate cell renewal, and the aloe is calming and mildly hydrating. This cleanser is not only worth every penny, I'd pay more for it if I had to. It's one of my 3 all time favorite cleansers (the other 2 being Jason's D-Clog and Osea's Ocean Cleansing Mudd). This cleanser is perfect for acne prone, sensitive, oily skin.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

from

15 years ago

I am surprised by the low ratings on this. This stuff was the only cleanser I have ever used, until recently, the kept my skin free of blackheads. It is very expensive, but it worked for me.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrown

15 years ago

This was a great find that I swapped for and might not purchase (because it's $19 for a 6 fl. oz. bottle which is too high in my book), but would definitely swap for again. Cleanser worked great on my combination skin - very smooth feel and rinsed clean. The only complaint I have is the fragrance. It smells just as the name implies, Aloe and Citrus (more of a bitter grapefruit than sweet orange, etc. type citrus smell). It's not a bad smell, but it's not great either. I guess I'm used to all of the artificial fragrances I usually use, which I know Zia is not a supporter of. Overall, this was a great cleanser though and I would definitely recommend it.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

15 years ago

This is my all purpose cleanser. My skin breaks out at the drop of a hat and while this doesn't "clear" my skin, it certainly doesn't break me out. It leaves my skin clean without stripping it, a very neutral feeling cleanser. Removes make-up really well too, without stinging the eyes.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

2.0

16 years ago

I got this cleanser in one of their trial kits. Glad I didn't buy the full size. It had an OK scent to it, and it is very natural, but it didn't really impress me much. I like their FRESH Cleansing Gel better; I have a review under that one as well. This is supposed to be for oily skin, but I think the Fresh one is better for oily skin, IMHO.

About reviewer (141 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

16 years ago

Nice scent...but other than that didn't impress me enough to really want to repurchase. I got this in a Zia sample bag of products for oily/problem skin. I don't think that this stuff made my skin any worse but, it didn't make it any better. Kinda pricely for a facial cleanser, too.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool