3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I don't know why it's rated pretty low here since this product has worked great for me. Glides on smoothly and doesn't leave my lips dry all for a cheap price!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

This is such a good product! It keeps my lips very soft and smooth. It also lasts for ages and it's not sticky either. I like the way it isn't too glossy because I don't really like gloss on myself. I would love to use this with Benetint (as that dries the lips) and put the ELF balm over it to condition my lips without making it look like I'm wearing red gloss. Like the reviewer below, I have used lip balms which made my lips worse like Nivea and Blistex (which dried my lips out so badly!) but this is really nice on the lips and it goes on clear. It doesn’t feel waxy, more smooth and silky. The people complaining of ‘greasiness’ must be slathering it on, you should only need one swipe. I use Carmex religiously and my lips are always in good condition so I haven’t used this on super cracked or dry lips and I can’t tell you if it’s intense enough to heal sore, dry lips. I'm not a fan of the packaging, I twisted it up and then tried to twist it back down but it wouldn't go so I had to push it back in. It also came surprisingly small and thin. Not a fan of the white packaging either but packaging alone wouldn't stop me from buying it again. I wouldn't buy this again in Orange Creme because of the smell. It's not over powering and it doesn't linger for long but it smells like the washing up liquid I use for the dishes! Eww, it smells like really sour oranges. I would buy this again in a different shade, probably the strawberry one next time.

About reviewer (165 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

9 years ago

Was given this by my sister. I had never heard of the line, and was snobbily underwhelmed by the thought of such cheapie products. Well, I was certainly humbled by this balm. I really love it and it is by far the nicest balm I have every used. It has a nice subtle scent (not that citrusy, just a light and pleasant). The texture is very smooth and soft, not waxy at all. I like the slipperiness. Moreover, it is very helpful for my dry lips in the dry winter. I am always perplexed by balms that seem to make my lips WORSE, such as Body Shop, Nivea, Thyme, and others - but ELF is great for me.

About reviewer (162 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

10 years ago

mmmn I love orange - so of course i had to buy this! I wasnt disapointed, unlike some other reviews I loved the smell as it smells like sugar oranges to me. I like the size of the tube the slim line look fits easily into my bag or pocket. It goes on easy and is quite moisterising, It doesnt taste of oranges (otherwise I'd be always licking it off!) even though I really like this I only gave it a four as it doesnt stay on very well so you have to reapply it. It also isnt as thick and intense as some other balms. Overall though for the money you can afford to keep using it and I would definalty buy it again.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

10 years ago

UPDATE: Four to one lippie ~ I will not buy this product again. After a couple of days, this balm went from smelling like orange creamsicles to smelling and tasting like orange cleaning fluid. I made the mistake of applying the lip balm and taking a drink from my water bottle. I went back later for another drink and almost threw up. The aftertaste and the smell left on the top of the water bottle was disgusting. This balm went right in the trash can...YUCK! . I paid 50 cents for this and I didn't know what to expect. It arrived and I am happy with this lip balm. It goes on easy, the texture is smooth, it's slightly tingly, and it keeps my lips moist. It has an orange, dreamsicle scent ~ a little strong, but it doesn't taste too weird. I may try Strawberry when I place another e.l.f. order. This balm is cheaper than Chapstick...

About reviewer (915 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

I love this lip balm! It glides on soooo smooth and creamy, and it really hydrates and softens my lips. It actually seems to make my lips look plumper, and it works as a great base beneath my lip gloss. It seems to work just as well as vasoline, but it's not as glossy, which is good. I will definitely get this again!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

11 years ago

I am giving this 1 lippy because this lip balm smells like an orange-scented cleaning product. Makes me gag. It does make your lips feel soft temporarily, but I can't stand the smell. The staying power is not very good either.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

11 years ago

It works. The smell is subtle in the tube, and you can't really smell or taste it once it's on your lips. Not that it's an unpleasant smell! Like an orange creamsicle, really. My lips used to be very dry and chapped, but I wasn't trying to work too hard on them. I used to use this free chapstick I got from a college career fair...it just never got used so I never bought more lip balms...*shrug*. Some point ago I used softlips, but the menthol really irritated my lips, and made the flaking worse. Well, this pretty much fixed it. Goes on clear. Lips feels soft, even after the product has worn off. Don't smear it excessively on your lips and you shouldn't have a waxy/white film problem. I guess it could feel greasy to some people, but the feeling isn't very different from wearing lip stick/gloss to me. For $1, definitely worth it, and worth buying a second time.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairRed

3.0

11 years ago

it does make my lips really soft and smooth, but ONLY if my lips aren't chapped. if my lips are chapped, the balm doesn't do anything about it. and even when i don't have chapped lips and i put it on, it makes my lips feel really waxy and greasy.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I love this balm. I love the orange scent and it makes my lips so smooth and soft. I will buy this again!

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium