Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

3.3

on 2/6/2013 8:45:00 PM

This was a gift from a wonderful MUA pal so I had to look up the pricing. Not bad at $18.00 US for 2 full ounces. The mask is aqua in color, thick smells fresh and clean. It applies very easily, a little goes a long way. It has been a God-send for my skin which in addition to being aging/acne prone is super sensitive and often for no reason at all becomes, itchy, dry, blotchy, can erupt in breakouts...crazy skin.

This really is calming and cool. I apply as directed to a clean face, wait 20 minutes while I go about getting ready and I rinse if off in the shower. it also hydrates which was a really nice surprise. It has carnation oil in it very close to the top of the list of ingredients. I looked up carnation oil and learned that it is very helpful in normalizing skin conditions ie skin rashes and eczema.

I use it every 3-4 days before my makeup and/or as needed.
List of ingredients:

NGREDIENTS: PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene.

Website Link:

Pros list:

A little goes a long way
Not too expensive
Full 2 ounces of product
reputable manufacturer
calms the skin
conditions the skin
quality ingredients

Cons list:
No dispenser to eliminate or reduce germs
container gets messy because of the viscosity of the mask

Yes I will buy it again. Hopefully the packaging will be updated by that time.

on 3/28/2006 6:44:00 PM

I know I am the first negative review for this product but this really irritated my skin. I put this mask on and by the time I took it off my face it was red and itchy. I wondered why this was happening because the product has soothing azulene. It was the balsam peru...the reoccuring nightmare of my MB existence. If you have really sensitive skin or rosacea request a sample or avoid. The nice thing about MB is that they give samples for nearly all of their products. I find balsam peru is more irritating in the MB mask because increased concentration. I wish they made a soothing mask without balsam peru. The calma mask also contains it. See my other MB reviews if you are wondering what other products have balsam peru in them.

on 12/28/2005 4:00:00 PM

Great soothing mask for irritation and sensitivity. The thing I like about it is it doesn't make my combi skin too greasy after like most moisturizing masks. Has a cooling effect.