Redken Body Full

Redken Body Full

3.3

Aqua (Water), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Cocamide MIPA, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Perfume (Fragrance), Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyquaternium 10, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Limonene, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Methyl Cocoate, Linalool, Sodium Cocoate, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, CI 42090 (Blue 1), Citric Acid

on 4/29/2016 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shampoo and the matching conditioner definitely gives my hair some volume. I used it for the first time and then used the condish just on the ends and rinsed a full five minutes. I then used Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Primer and Rush Thickr mousse and blew my hair dry upside down. I was amazed at how much volume there was. I was also a bit dismayed at how dry my hair felt. This shampoo and conditioner can't obviously be used regularly because of this. But on occasions when I want the most volume, I'll definitely use them. I can always add some oil to the ends to combat the dryness and hopefully not sacrifice the volume. The only thing is, the volume doesn't last past the first day. I don't need to wash my hair daily and can go several days without shampooing. The tremendous volume I got on the first day, didn't last until the second day, when I needed to use Living Proof Root Lifting Spray to duplicate the first day's results. I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten such huge volume if I didn't blow dry upside down. But on days when I want a lot of volume or for special occasions, I'll definitely use this formula. It smells amazing and my hair did feel clean. I don't think I would have gotten such awesome volume if I used the condish on my entire head. Using it only on the ends really worked well, although my ends were quite dry. I'm rating this shampoo with 4 lippies because I did get such great volume. I would have rated it higher if it was sulfate free. For occasional use it's a good product but I can't imagine using it regularly on my somewhat dry, color treated hair. I recommend it for once in a while use only.

on 9/24/2015 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using Redken Body Full for over five years. I have baby fine hair and this shampoo gives my hair fullness and shine. I use it Body Full Conditioner and it never weighs my hair down. I will try other shampoos time to time, but always come back to BF.

To Read all 83 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/27/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Since discovering this brand, I find I keep coming back to it. It makes my blow outs last longer and leaves my hair shiny and super clean, but moisturized enough that I don't need to regularly deep condition or clarify. I've used the Smooth Lock and Body Full Shampoos from this line, but I think I like Body Full a bit better for my hair. It doesn't give you any noticeable volume unless your blow out afterwards, but it doesn't weigh your hair down either and lets any volumizing products you add to your mane do their thing. My only gripe is that I wish Redken would make their product sulfate free. It would also be nice if the liter bottles came with a pump dispenser, as they can be a little unwieldy in the shower.

on 3/24/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Such a great cleansing shampoo. Gets rid of all product build up without striping your hair. As with all other "volumizing" shampoos...you will only notice the volume if you blow dry. Have went thru multiple small bottles and now I'm halfway thru a liter size. Love it!

on 1/7/2015 4:22:00 PM

This is by far the best shampoo I ever tried, I really don't understand all the negative reviews, but well, everybody's hair is different, I suppose.
This shampoo leaves my hair shiny and tangle free, if I'd want to, I could leave the shower without using any conditioner after shampooing with this. It doesn't give crazy volume, but it doesn't weigh my hair down either and the combination of moisturized hair and lightness is pretty hard to come by. My hair is as good as "virgin" (last color treated strands were cut off during my last trim), thin but not fine, fairly dry and it gets oily pretty quickly, but thanks to this shampoo it's never stripped, yet still looks relatively ok the evening before washday. There's also a good bit of bounce to my hair after using this shampoo, at least, when I haven't followed up with a conditioner loaded with silicones.
Another thing I love about this shampoo is its scent. It smells of green tea with citrus and roses, nothing intrusive, and doesn't clash with whatever perfume I choose to wear.
I usually pair this shampoo with the Diamond Oil conditioner from the same brand and I get lucious, lively, bouncy and shiny hair; strong, not super soft and with a certain "will of its own", which is what I want, because I often can't be bothered to style it. This combo alone would dry my hair, so I use a treatment every two weeks as well. And this whole routine works great.
Will repurchase and recommend to all people with relatively healthy hair that like a bit of bounce in their hair.

on 11/20/2014 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have very baby fine hair where it is thin in the front. I have been using this product for over 6 years daily (new and old formula). At first I did not like the new formula, but I love this product because it does not weigh my hair down. It does not leave a weird gummy residue in my hair like Pantene does. I use to love Pantene, but it would gum up and I had to do a clarifying shampoo regularly. This lifts my hair, but I also have a very layered haircut. It really brings out my curls. I will say though that with my curls, in the very back at the end of the day, I get some very stubborn knots. I know when it is time for haircut when this shampoo does not give me oomph! I get compliments on my volume and thickness. Thank you Redken. I use the conditioner as well. This product when on sale is a great deal.

on 8/29/2014 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

this did nothing for my hair at all, bought this at my mom's friend's salon, this sucks, did nothing for my flat hair. still trying to find a volumizing shampoo. but this did not make hair feel super clean either, but its not a bad shampoo, but just that i would expect that if this shampoo says to give you volume, not make your hair look dead and lifeless

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This shampoo is in my regular rotation of haircare. Gives good volume and no weigh down on my scalp, which tends to get oily quickly. Clean, unoffensive, non overpowering scent.

on 2/24/2014 1:04:00 PM

Love love LOVE this shampoo!! It is my favorite of the Redken line, and the one I use the most. My hair is very lifeless and it never wants to do anything. This shampoo along with the conditioner gives my hair body, shape, and movement. I has a pleasant scent, smells nice and clean. I haven't tried the mouse yet, but I look forward to getting some hopefully soon.

on 2/3/2014 9:34:00 PM

I have long, fine, flat hair with a slight wave. This is the best shampoo I have found for my hair type! I like to wash my hair everyday to get fullness but with this I can shampoo and the next day it is as full as the first! I use the Bodyfull shampoo , and conditioner, and the mousse. (You don't need to use much of any of these.)I get fullness,and shine. I have tried ALOT of lines of products , and nothing has worked a well as these! Thank you Redken!

Popular Shampoos