Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 36-43
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 10/15/2018 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this product off and on for years -- it's my go-to foundation for the summer when it's hot and humid, and I use it as a light finishing/concealing powder in the winter over Bobbi Brown stick foundation. I really love this stuff -- I use Translucent Light which is perfect for my neutral/cool NW20 skin. I use a dense brush to pack it on (but not too heavily) and it stays in place all day. It also covers redness when I use a smaller brush to spot conceal (I like the Real Techniques setting brush). It doesn't break me out and keeps my face looking nice and natural all day long -- I spritz a little UD setting spray to tone down the powdery look. The compact looks terribly cheap but it's never broken on me. I've repurchased this product again and again, and will continue to do so! I get mine from Ulta, and I usually buy 2 or 3 at a time so I never run out.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I ran out my Clinique pressed powder. So I need to get a new pressed powder, but I don't want to spend more on a pressed powder. I decided to try Physicians Formula after watched beauty gurus on youtube mentioned about this powder as their favorite drugstore powder.
So, I bought this, and love this powder. I love the formula, it is soft, it reduce shine and oilyness on my t-zone, and more importantly, it does not give me bumps and acne. I will repurchase this.

on 6/12/2013 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This looks chalky and powdery and feels dry on my skin. I do not like it and stopped using it.

I use this during the summer only on top of tinted moisturizer or sunscreen. There are better powders out there for sure, but this has physical only sunscreen which matches the type of my regular sunscreen.
(Don't use a physical sunscreen on top of a chemical sunscreen-it will break down the chemicals making you more susceptible to skin damage)
Once you commit to physical it ALL has to be physical.

I apply this with a powder brush-it comes out less cakey and chalky. It's not the most refined powder, but it does the trick in the summer. For winter this is too drying for me, I just use a non-sunscreen powder for winter.

Made in USA
Not tested on animals
Owned by Swander Pace-an investment company

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down, holy grail powder. I have oily skin but I am in my mid 30's, so I need something that doesn't settle into fine lines and make you look older while controlling oil. After using numerous powders, this worked the best. A little pricey for drug store, but totally worth it. No break outs or irritation either! Plus, like that it is natural.

This product had actually been a God send for me! I was initially shocked by the ratings but then after reading what others had to say, it made sense. This product is confusing because they do market it as a "powder" but it's actually a foundation, in powder form. If you are attempting to layer this over foundation it will look to dry, obvious, or cakey. That's how I first started using it as well. And I thought i hated it and chucked into my ever growing reject drawer. But one day when i was in a rush and didn't have the time for liquid fndt, i dotted some concealer on a few spots and then, USING A SPONGE, i glided the product over mostly bare skin. Viola! Perfection. Not dry, no caking, amazing natural finish, and still looked fresh by that night. The reason why i sought this out in the first place was because absolutely ever powder product i've ever tried, and the list is really long, has broken out my sensitive acne prone skin. But, this has NEVER done that, which alone is essential for me and until this powder i had given up totally on wearing powder at all. Though I could find liqued fndt that didn't break me out, i could never get the look or finish right and it wouldn't last long on my combo skin. It's just amazing how different this looks when used alone and not topping off a foundation, It's so incredibly natural, you cant even see the product, yet it has amazing coverage. The key is to use a sponge, not a brush. I have tried it over a tinted moisturizer and can get pretty good results with that too. Oh, and i use it in creamy natural, and i'm a NW 20-25
Update: i just wanted to update that i realized for me, the creamy natural was a bit too pink on my skin so i switched to the transulent, which as someone else mentioned, is not a true transulent, its a light neutral shade. Still loving it!!!

on 1/16/2011 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a starter kit for about $15.00 at Walmart for medium skin because I wanted something easy to use during the weekend or on more casual days. I have ended up using it everyday--I love the coverage and the feel. I have used Bare Minerals before but I found that it tended to slide off my face and it made me incredibly "glowy."
I did buy a new Kabuki brush because the brush included with the product is pretty useless. I don't carry it around with me so I am not sure how the packaging would hold up if I were to do so.
I use the Hard Candy primer underneath (another fantastic product for a great price) and the blush that came with it. The kit also included the finishing powder. I hate the packaging of that product, but find that the product itself works incredibly well.

on 8/5/2009 12:25:00 AM

Iím on the fence with this one. I purchased this one over two weeks ago. It does cover really well. I got this in Creamy Natural and really blend with my skin tone. Its talc free so I really like that. Itís #4 on the Safety Watch so thatís not so bad, either. But, when I purchased it, the upper layer of the pressed powder broke into many pieces. Then, I tried to open it and it broke in half. I was really disappointed and should have returned it. So, of course, I threw away the brush. Why to do they bother, I never know. Pleaseseee more product and less fangled. So, for a week, I used it for about 4 times in its container and pushed the broken pieces. It covers really well so I put up with it. I must say that it help with the oil, not completely but definitely noticed that my face is producing less oil. The 2nd week, I got really tired of pushing the broken pieces to get to the pressed powder. So, I decided to break up the pieces and placed the crushed powder in a container and been using it as a mineral loose powder. HmmmÖhence, the reason Iím on the fence. I bought it to make it easy for those days that I just want to do a quick touch up. Now, itís a loose powder and no longer has the convenience of the compact. Maybe mine was just bad or oldÖI may try again when I run out. I did say that I would not buy the product again. But, time will tell. Before you purchase this check the expiration date. Mine expires on April 2010.

on 7/14/2009 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i may have reviewed this before - consider it an update if i did! i love this stuff. ive used it as foundation for about 2 years now. i do wish i had this at age 20 and as i get older, a powder makeup may not continue to workout. however, we recently went on vacation and i took longwearing liquid makeup with me, both colorstay and rimmels mineral-based (not pure mineral) liquid. it was fine - until after 5 days - the worst cystic and odd breakout ive ever had. im staying with minerals as much as possible - there is no doubt its better for the skin. i use the translucent, and in summer i dust the buff beige over my cheeks etc. i like that i can put this on so easily with a flocked puff, even at a stoplight. would have been much better to travel with.

Really wanted to like this. Color and price is good but anywhere I put this on my skin it gets patchy. No matter what I do, it won't blend. :-(