Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I am always looking for a talc free powder (talc makes me itch) with coverage that sets foundation and control oil. I was really hoping this one would be it but alas, it was not. I got this is in translucent light which strangely looks lighter then the translucent shade. It's surprisingly heavy coverage and gets cakey really fast. So I apply a small amount and buff it in and my skin looks flawless. But...I'm an oil slick within an hour and I can't powder it down. I look soooooo shiny. So sadly, this is getting returned.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Powder.
It’s amazing.
I have it in translucent, but it is fair as hell. I’m fair/light though, so it’s perfect for me. This is my HG powder, pressed or loose. I use this to set the under eye and as an all over foundation/powder. It’s pigmentated as I can ask. It makes my skin look airbrushed. It feels like nothing is on. I don’t know what I did before this powder. I used the Mineral Wear in the blue compact, but this is even better. This over any base erases anything, really. I have decent skin to begin with, but this takes it to the next level.
The powder seems to last all day. Just as long as any powder - pressed or loose, pressed on or baked.
There is no scent, which is great. PF powders have never irritated my sensitive skin. I will admit, I’ve slept with them on (*slaps wrists*), and they never clogged my pores either.
My only complaint is the price. It’s quite expensive for “drugstore”, but prices have been going up for other brands anyway. I have several PF powder compacts though, and have yet for one to run out. So they do last a long time for the price.
I honestly can say that a Physician’s Formula product has not disappointed me yet. I’ve tried their tinted moisturizer, mascara, powders, and eyeliners, and I love them all. I really don’t see a need to spend a lot of money on high end makeup with brands like Physicians Formula and Wet ‘n Wild.
Highly recommend for fair/light skinned.
A+

I think this is a very good foundation for acne prone,oily skin, it feels skin like, a bit dry at the beginning, but has a flawless airbrush finish with buildable coverage, and doesn't break you out or make your skin feels suffocated.

on 8/12/2017 4:42:00 AM

I might have found my holy grail of powder foundations with this product. It goes on easily and stays put all day! Cover can be built up but easiest to use a quick dab of concealer underneath before applying. It has a bit of sun screen as well. So overall, a fantastic, fast, user friendly compact. Also it is a bit pricey to import, but proving to be better than the many high end brands I have tried, that cost considerably more. I use either buff beige or sand beige on my medium skin tone, depending on which days I have fake tan on.
Note: The brush is utterly rubbish, I would not recommend using it.

on 8/3/2017 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pros
Pigmented
Natural finish (not powder, looks like a second skin)
Doesn't clog pores

Cons
Bad packaging
The little brush they give you is terrible! Use a puff instead. This is a product you want to push into the skin, not dust on top (i.e. Elf HD setting powder).

I'm NW10 and use the shade Translucent Light. This doesn't make my bad hormonal acne any worse but it's not like it can fix it either. Since my skin is acne prone it can be difficult to get a powder that absorbs oil but doesn't dry me out, this is the ticket. It really softens the look of my skin and keeps me matte but fresh. It doesn't bunch up on my nose The product itself is so soft to the touch and feels fairly light on the skin. I wear it on my plain skin and it looks like my face is soft but makeup free, and if you wear it over foundation (I use rimmel 25 hour) it has a really airbrushed effect, and still sets the makeup in place. I haven't had the issue with layering like other reviewers have, but I apply my foundation differently than most glam girls or makeup addicts.

edit: adding to my review, i was wrong about the longevity. it lasts in hot humidity fine as long as you aren't really sweaty. the powder takes on a really glowing texture and still looks NATURAL rather than completely matte. The texture on your skin will be sticky (b/c sweat) but it will LOOK OKAY. This feature is important to me because I have combo skin and want my face to look fluid. A+

on 6/2/2017 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've never really been a powder girl, it always tends to break up on me and look weird. But I tried this on a whim, in Translucent. This is NOT a setting powder at all. It's got a good medium coverage, even in Translucent. I put it over a moisterizer with sunscreen and it held up. It's very close to my skin, but better! The brush that came with it is useless and I use a sponge, then buff out with a kabuki brush. It lasts a good four hours on me and then just seems to fade away with some shine breakthrough. But it doesn't break down, oxidize, or streak on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is HG for me. I love It Cosmetic pressed powder foundation but it's so spendy I wanted to try for a DS powder and found it with this product at a third of the It Cosmetics price. It applies like a dream, matte yet creamy on the skin. My oily skin does great with this powder, it keeps the oil under control but isn't powdery or cakey looking or that awful masky look some powders give me.

I use a Sheshedo sponge to apply and it goes on beautifully with the sponge. I tried using a kabuki brush but the sponge gave me a much nicer result. I'd call it medium coverage. I do have to build for full overage and it blends well.

I love love love this powder! Great foundation yet I don't look like I have a ton of makeup piled on.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I get this in translucent light (from Ulta). This offers light to medium coverage and can be used in lieu of foundation. The biggest plus is the mineral sunscreen. It's only SPF 16, but I use it to top off my SPF 30 moisturizer. It gets cakey if you use it over foundation or over-apply. I will repurchase. Pretty good stuff at a reasonable price.

on 10/28/2016 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this powder a lot because it doesn't break me out. It's talc and silicone free which is so difficult to find in foundations.
It covers my redness well but not my spots and acne scars so I would say this gives light to medium coverage (leaning more towards light). However, whilst it does an excellent job of taking away shine, it can be very drying so be careful of using it around the eye area. My one major gripe though (which may stop me from repurchasing) is that the foundation is too dark for my skin, oxidises and turn orange. My face actually looks orange and darker than the colour of my neck. I use translucent light (which is the lightest shade) but unfortunately it is still not light enough :(

Pros:
- talc free and silicone free (yay!), doesn't break me out
- covers redness well
- fantastic at reducing shine and oil
- very natural looking and un-cakey (if it wasn't for the shade difference, I wouldn't be able to tell I'm wearing makeup)
- SPF

Cons:
- the shade translucent light is too dark and orange for my skin (perhaps I could use this as a bronzer?)
- drying when used over time
- oxidises
- doesn't provide acne-prone skin enough coverage (definitely need to follow up with concealer)

on 2/16/2017 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this stuff for a long time. Probably since highschool... and I like it alot. It has almost medium coverage I would say and the colour translucent is a decent enough match for my skin. I like that I can wear it for an extended period of time and not worry about it causing breakouts to my VERY acne prone skin. I also find it doesnt become as shiny on my skin as some mineral powders do. What i dont like is that it applies quite powdery looking and I have to work to make it look good. And it clings to any dryness like crazy. I do think there are probably better mineral powders out there but this is a good standby while I try and find my HG