3.9

price range

Reviews

3.0

7 months ago

This is the best face powder I have found to date. I like the brush that comes with it and use it to brush it on for a perfect finished makeup. Sometimes I use my soft fluffy powder brush. The shade Translucent is not too light or too dark and never looks fake. It disappears into my skin while making it look almost flawless, blurring out imperfections. Most of my life I used Revlon, Maybelline or CG compacts and they were all good, but now they contain bad ingredients and I can't use them. I've tried other PF powders and this is the best one. If I ever find something even better I will report it. By the way, some of the reviews here are for a powder foundation. That's not what this is - it's a face powder and says so on the compact. Update: the new one I just got is different. It is not firmly packed - it is powdery and flyaway. The case was changed too. Huge, huge disappointment if they've ruined it. It's too soon to really tell, but I can see already that it's got a chalky look to it. I am forced to lower my rating to 3. Update: the powder flies when I use any brush. It makes me sick at heart because this was my perfect powder. They changed it. Now I have to search for something else. In the meantime I went back to the last little bit in the old compact which is firm and does not stir up a cloud of dust when I touch it with the brush.

About reviewer (242 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

from

a year ago

I used to wear Sand beige all the time, that was my power foundation. It was perfect. The best coverup, and I wouldn't break out. Now I can order it or find it anywhere. Why? So upset.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

I bought this because I found a cheap one at Ross. I have normal skin, sensitive, about NC20 in color. Most of the time I have pretty decent skin, so I don't need much coverage: I just use some concealer under my eyes and on blemishes and use a powder foundation to even out the color of my face. This lasts pretty well on me (but it can partly be because of my sunscreen, which also works as a primer), doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. The color - strange enough - suits me well. I enjoy using this, but probably wouldn't repurchase just because I prefer Bare Minerals pressed or loose powder foundation.

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

a year ago

I've used this product off and on for years -- it's my go-to foundation all year round, for my minimal work makeup look. It doesn't slide off in the hot/humid summer, nor does it dry my skin out in the winter. If I want more coverage, I'll use it as a light finishing/concealing powder over Bobbi Brown stick foundation. I use Translucent Light which is perfect for my neutral/cool NW20 skin. I use a dense brush (the Sephora mineral powder brush) to apply it and it stays in place all day. It also covers redness when I use a smaller brush to spot conceal-- I like the Real Techniques setting brush for this. It doesn't break me out (honestly I think it's improving my skin!) and keeps my face looking nice and natural all day long -- I use a little UD setting spray to tone down the powdery look. The compact looks terribly cheap but it's never broken on me. I've repurchased this product again and again, and will continue to do so! UPDATED 12/17/18: I used to stock up on this product from Ulta, but I can only seem to find my shade on Amazon...so I bought 5 in my last order. I am praying this wonderful powder is not being discontinued!

About reviewer (351 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

Rediscovered this after getting tired of my loose mineral foundation getting everywhere. I decided to try this again because of it's short ingredient list. Wasn't expecting much but am pleasantly surprised. My skin has been behaving itself lately (for the most part) so I am mainly looking for something to go over my sunscreen and give me a more finished look with some coverage. This has been great so far, and no breakouts. I do use concealer under eyes and for any problem areas. It's been a few weeks and so far so good, but will update in the fall to see if I am still happy with it.

About reviewer (212 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Other

3.0

2 years ago

I am always looking for a talc free powder (talc makes me itch) with coverage that sets foundation and control oil. I was really hoping this one would be it but alas, it was not. I got this is in translucent light which strangely looks lighter then the translucent shade. It's surprisingly heavy coverage and gets cakey really fast. So I apply a small amount and buff it in and my skin looks flawless. But...I'm an oil slick within an hour and I can't powder it down. I look soooooo shiny. So sadly, this is getting returned.

About reviewer (541 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Other

EyesBrown

2 years ago

This Powder. It’s amazing. I have it in translucent, but it is fair as hell. I’m fair/light though, so it’s perfect for me. This is my HG powder, pressed or loose. I use this to set the under eye and as an all over foundation/powder. It’s pigmentated as I can ask. It makes my skin look airbrushed. It feels like nothing is on. I don’t know what I did before this powder. I used the Mineral Wear in the blue compact, but this is even better. This over any base erases anything, really. I have decent skin to begin with, but this takes it to the next level. The powder seems to last all day. Just as long as any powder - pressed or loose, pressed on or baked. There is no scent, which is great. PF powders have never irritated my sensitive skin. I will admit, I’ve slept with them on (*slaps wrists*), and they never clogged my pores either. My only complaint is the price. It’s quite expensive for “drugstore”, but prices have been going up for other brands anyway. I have several PF powder compacts though, and have yet for one to run out. So they do last a long time for the price. I honestly can say that a Physician’s Formula product has not disappointed me yet. I’ve tried their tinted moisturizer, mascara, powders, and eyeliners, and I love them all. I really don’t see a need to spend a lot of money on high end makeup with brands like Physicians Formula and Wet ‘n Wild. Highly recommend for fair/light skinned. A+

About reviewer (120 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

I think this is a very good foundation for acne prone,oily skin, it feels skin like, a bit dry at the beginning, but has a flawless airbrush finish with buildable coverage, and doesn't break you out or make your skin feels suffocated.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

from

3 years ago

I might have found my holy grail of powder foundations with this product. It goes on easily and stays put all day! Cover can be built up but easiest to use a quick dab of concealer underneath before applying. It has a bit of sun screen as well. So overall, a fantastic, fast, user friendly compact. Also it is a bit pricey to import, but proving to be better than the many high end brands I have tried, that cost considerably more. I use either buff beige or sand beige on my medium skin tone, depending on which days I have fake tan on. Note: The brush is utterly rubbish, I would not recommend using it.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Pros Pigmented Natural finish (not powder, looks like a second skin) Doesn't clog pores Cons Bad packaging The little brush they give you is terrible! Use a puff instead. This is a product you want to push into the skin, not dust on top (i.e. Elf HD setting powder). I'm NW10 and use the shade Translucent Light. This doesn't make my bad hormonal acne any worse but it's not like it can fix it either. Since my skin is acne prone it can be difficult to get a powder that absorbs oil but doesn't dry me out, this is the ticket. It really softens the look of my skin and keeps me matte but fresh. It doesn't bunch up on my nose The product itself is so soft to the touch and feels fairly light on the skin. I wear it on my plain skin and it looks like my face is soft but makeup free, and if you wear it over foundation (I use rimmel 25 hour) it has a really airbrushed effect, and still sets the makeup in place. I haven't had the issue with layering like other reviewers have, but I apply my foundation differently than most glam girls or makeup addicts. edit: adding to my review, i was wrong about the longevity. it lasts in hot humidity fine as long as you aren't really sweaty. the powder takes on a really glowing texture and still looks NATURAL rather than completely matte. The texture on your skin will be sticky (b/c sweat) but it will LOOK OKAY. This feature is important to me because I have combo skin and want my face to look fluid. A+

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age19-24