Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 10/28/2016 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this powder a lot because it doesn't break me out. It's talc and silicone free which is so difficult to find in foundations.
It covers my redness well but not my spots and acne scars so I would say this gives light to medium coverage (leaning more towards light). However, whilst it does an excellent job of taking away shine, it can be very drying so be careful of using it around the eye area. My one major gripe though (which may stop me from repurchasing) is that the foundation is too dark for my skin, oxidises and turn orange. My face actually looks orange and darker than the colour of my neck. I use translucent light (which is the lightest shade) but unfortunately it is still not light enough :(

Pros:
- talc free and silicone free (yay!), doesn't break me out
- covers redness well
- fantastic at reducing shine and oil
- very natural looking and un-cakey (if it wasn't for the shade difference, I wouldn't be able to tell I'm wearing makeup)
- SPF

Cons:
- the shade translucent light is too dark and orange for my skin (perhaps I could use this as a bronzer?)
- drying when used over time
- oxidises
- doesn't provide acne-prone skin enough coverage (definitely need to follow up with concealer)

on 6/20/2016 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin which is acne prone in recent years...which is strange coz ive always had clear skin in my younger years. Im 27, asian, nc 42 according to mac and i do enjoy this product. So far it hasnt broken me out yet and lets hope it stays that way. It does feel like my own skin and when i wear it alone, not even my sister could make out that i have make up on. She just said my skin looks a lot better and she was surprised to hear that i had make up on. This product stays forever which touch ups, does keep oil at bay and never cakes up. Amazing amazing amazing! Best powder ive ever tried and ive tried a lot, mac, clarins, etc etc ive spent so much money on powders that i couldbt use coz my skin is so damn sensitive. So hey! If you are reading this, u get this powder and u wont regret it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a decent powder for its price. It has a nice matte finish which I love and it stays on my oily face for pretty long. Most importantly it doesn't break me out. I have repurchased this at least 4 times already. This is my favorite drugstore powder. But be careful if u're gonna use it as a "powder" cos I found that its coverage is not as light as a "powder" should be. I tried using it to set my foundation and BB cream but end up looking cakey. It works best as a powder foundation in my opinion. And the range of shades is not great. The packaging is flimsy too, even for a drugstore product. So for all these reasons I have to take one lippie off.

on 1/15/2016 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've had this product (in different colors) for years. It was the only powder I ever kept on hand. I do not wear makeup every day - nor do I wear concealer or foundation because I have extremely sensitive/acne prone skin. I use a benzoyl peroxide lotion after I wash my face to keep my acne at bay and my skin clear. Because of this, my skin IS clear, and I do not need heavy concealers/foundation. BUT - because I do use a topical treatment, my face tends to get shiny/oily and has a red/sunburned/suntanned overall color compared to my neck. BP will do that, unfortunately. So I use this as my only makeup. No foundation, no concealer.

It does battle shine (for me) but I do reapply later in the day - making sure to first blot my face with some toilet paper and then reapply a dusting on the shiny spots. Works great for me. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin or using a topical acne treatment.

Edit: I still think this powder is great, but I do need something with more shine control, because this stuff is talc-free. I find that I have to reapply this often, almost every hour - and would like something better than that. However, it's great for skin that breaks out from everything. But what mineral wear/talc-free makeup users have to understand is that products free from talc may give you more shine easily, since talc is a natural oil/moisture absorber. I never realized why most mineral/talc-free products gave me shine faster, this is why. I also have noticed that when I apply the newer versions of this (in translucent) it's much more orange/color than it used to be. I'd like to have something truly sheer without much color, and I find that if I apply this more than once, it tends to start looking cakey or like I've put a lot of colored powder on.

on 12/29/2015 10:17:00 AM

UPDATEApril 2016, I've found my holy grail powder foundation...Cover girl Simply powder foundation. WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK! If you are NC15 and NC20, you should be able to wear classic ivory in the covergirl. MINIMIZES PORES! LASTS ALL DAY, ACCEPTS TOUCH UPS WITHOUT LOOKING CAKEY AT ALL AND DIDNT GET OILY OR CAKEY EVEN THROUGH A HOT DAY! i'm blown away and throwing awway my powder stash. THATS how good the covergirl is.

I{DATE" Feb 2-16" :LOVE THIS POWDER EVEN MORE SINCE I REALIZED THROUGH MUA THAT THEY MAKE A TRANSLUCENT LIGHT COLOR!!!! SO FOR ALL YOU NC 15 GALS, THIS POWDER IS GOING TO BE YOUR HOLY GRAIL! I can't believe how great the Translucent light color matches me this winter!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! I had been using a different PF pressed powder that was talc free but I broke out from it so tried this one. LOVE IT! NEVER Cakey! So natural, sets makeup beautifully and due to shorter list of ingredients, I don't break out I am about NC15 right now in the winter and I had originally purchased the transluscent. It's okay but a tad light so I also purchased the buff beige and its wonderful! Adds a little bit of color and nice warm tone with yellow in it which is hard to find in a drug store powder! I also use the Nude Wear Touch of glow foundation under this which is FABULOUS! This says for sensitive break out skin on the box and THAT's me! Won't use anythng else.!

on 10/23/2015 12:13:00 AM

I spent hours reading the reviews of this and was super excited to try it...but ended up being pretty bummed with the results.
At first, I tried it in the color "translucent". I don't consider myself very tan, actually I would say fair skinned with golden undertones but then again I do live in California, so there's that. Anyway, this way just too white for my face. Coverage was nice, but gave me a ghostly like appearance that no amount of bronzer could fix (I bought the bronzer from the same line, which was okay but not as great as the $4 NYC bronzer I usually buy).
So I kept the translucent hoping that I can maybe use it in winter, and went back to CVS and bought the only other color they have, which is "beige".
This one just didn't seem to have the same coverage as the translucent does. It came out rather spotty and streaky, and just didn't match my skin tone correctly either. Pretty bummed and in my opinion these are WAY overpriced.
Packaging was pretty bulky too - and not a fan of the bright blue compact it comes in. Meh.
I returned the beige to CVS and will try the translucent again in winter to see if it matches my skin a little better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I picked this up a few years ago and used it occasionally to set my liquid foundation. However, I got tired of putting on a full face of makeup everyday. After looking through my makeup collection without much luck, I once again happened across this powder. I'm so glad I did! I use this on its own for a medium build-able coverage foundation. I have oily skin, and this mattifys without looking powdery. I also find that I can go an entire day with this on my face, I just need to blot a few times. I highly recommend this product, and although it is a little expensive, physicians formula often does 40% off.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HG status! My search for a decent Jane Iredale purepressed base is finally over! Tati was so right when she compared this to JI. However, I find that this powder has an even better benefit over JI's powders - it mattifies better and has better coverage.

I have fair-light skin with yellow/olive undertones, which makes it impossible to find foundation shades at the drugstore. I picked up the powder in Translucent Light which I found was just a touch too light for my tanned skin in the summer, so I also picked up Buff Beige and I mix them. I highly recommend this powder if you want to look flawless without the obvious "I'm wearing foundation!" look.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have incredibly sensitive skin and ever since I stopped taking Yaz Birth Control (6 year user), my skin has been in break-out mode. I have searched tirelessly high and low to find a product that wasn't filled with junk. My esthetician has been nagging me nonstop to find a product that only contains active ingredients like titanium dioxide and zinc. I need protection from the sun but am also a San Diegan who loves to be outside.

After putzing around RiteAid for 46 minutes I finally came across this PF product! I couldn't believe my eyes and then I saw the price and I think I died and went to heaven. You wouldn't even believe the change in my skin. I am glowing! My acne spots are clearing, this formula covers my acne discoloration, and I am protected from the sun! I add a touch of bronzer across my face to add a little color and I'm out the door.

I couldn't be happier and will be keeping this stocked in my makeup bag forever. If you've struggled like me and understand what it feels like to lose confidence in yourself because your skin isn't clear, then I recommend you give this product a try. It definitely won't hurt you! If anything, you'll protect yourself from skin cancer for at least a little while :)

Best of luck to all you beauties and stay gorgeous!

I just bought this last night in the kit with the blush and the translucent matte powder. I used to have really bad acne and I have some clogged pores I'm trying to clear up and some acne scars so I bought this to give my skin a break from heavy foundations. I just put it on to go shopping and I was beyond impressed. The coverage is great for a powder foundation. It doesn't feel heavy and I like that it has minimal ingredients to prevent breakouts. It even has a handy mirror and brush compartment. For anyone who wants powder foundation I highly recommend this!